New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 8:28PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,389

The latest round of magazine scans making the rounds gives us fresh looks at the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and finally MP-12T Tigertrack! These images include:

• G-01 Kenzan
  • G-02 Jinbu
  • G-03 Ganoh
  • G-04 Gaidora (Beast Hunters Lazerback with new deco and head mold)
  • TG-19 Grimlock
  • TG-20 Ratbat
  • TG-23 Metroplex
  • MP-12T Tigertrack (Finally!)

New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers G0!, Generations, and More

New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers G0!, Generations, and More

New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers G0!, Generations, and More

New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers G0!, Generations, and More

New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers G0!, Generations, and More

New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers G0!, Generations, and More

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489472)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 22nd, 2013 @ 8:35pm CDT
Those Samurai have quite a set of legs...

That is a wicked color scheme on the Laserback repaint. Gaidora, I take it.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489474)
Posted by Gearslide on May 22nd, 2013 @ 8:40pm CDT
Wait...

The Takara Metroplex has less paint-apps than the Hasbro version?

There isn't a lick of red anywhere on him, except for his guns. The extra gun is nice though. Because a City-sized Titan definitely needs to go akimbo.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489475)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 22nd, 2013 @ 8:41pm CDT
So GO! somewhat channels the spirit of the Braves, yet stays true to Beast Hunters by giving vehicles disproportionately huge and clunky weapons arrays that make them top/back heavy in all modes? Maybe it's self-contained gestalt-kibble? I hadn't been paying attention if any non-sketchy info had surfaced before this, but I'm impressed by how big they are next to Op.

And one side of the pond's finally getting Senator Ratbat! I'd all but forgotten about him.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489477)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 22nd, 2013 @ 8:45pm CDT
Gearslide wrote:Wait...

The Takara Metroplex has less paint-apps than the Hasbro version?

Methinks it's an unpainted test-shot with a finished gun. Granted, Japanese fans should've seen the Toy Fair photos of the Hasbro version, but Takara probably want to maintain suspense about how their deco will differ.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489484)
Posted by craggy on May 22nd, 2013 @ 9:12pm CDT
Ratbat looks fine. The Samurai Pizza Delivery Squad look decent. Bananastorm especially, but Frire Tuck and Brian Tumour look okay too. Probably not getting those guys though, unless they get a Hasbro release, and honestly, that doesn't look likely.

Metroplex is disappointing. But yeah, might be a proto. Of course, as a company trying to sell a high-priced item to stores, you don't want to actually show them the finished product any time earlier than the week before it ships. Letting people see what they're expected to throw down a couple of months free cash for is stupid. People will definitely commit to that sight-unseen. Definitely.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489485)
Posted by Mkall on May 22nd, 2013 @ 9:17pm CDT
I'm liking most of these guys. I didn't realise the combiners would be so big!

I'll be looking forward to getting them all.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489487)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2013 @ 9:31pm CDT
Kenzan's face reminds me PCC Skyburst.

Jinbu looks awesome.

Gan'ō looks very Ironhide-ish, and also a bit like BWII Autolauncher,

Gaidōra's deco looks gorgeous! And dat head. 8)

Are those new versions of L.P., S.2, and Sou? :???:

Grimlock's deco makes me wish Hasbro had gone with the red belly instead of the bland gray one they gave us.

Ratbat's purdy. :D

What's that clear blue Optimus Prime Blaster? It ain't the Special Edition "Matrix" version. :???:

MP Tigertrack looks good.

Nice to finally see some signs of the Takara Metroplex.

El Duque wrote:
  • G-01 Kenzan Samurai (Police Car)[/*:m]
  • G-02 Jinbu Samurai (Jet)[/*:m]
  • G-03 Ganoh Samurai (Fire Truck)[/*:m][/list:u]
The "Samurai" part isn't really part of their names. ;)
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489488)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 22nd, 2013 @ 9:46pm CDT
3 piece voyager sized combiner? Be still my heart and get on my shelf! Ratbat looks great of course. Wouldn't mind Tiger Track for the trifecta.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489490)
Posted by MenaceRX on May 22nd, 2013 @ 10:10pm CDT
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489492)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 22nd, 2013 @ 10:15pm CDT
those combiners look terrible :SICK:
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489494)
Posted by feeiq90 on May 22nd, 2013 @ 10:22pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:those combiners look terrible :SICK:

how so?i think they look great..plus..their voyager-sizeed??! :shock:
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489496)
Posted by Metrosuplex on May 22nd, 2013 @ 10:34pm CDT
Overall, I'm disappointed. I would've preferred something more... amazing. I mean, the fire truck is too similar to Optimus's alt mode; the yellow jet is too leggy for my tastes, and while I like the Police car a lot, the array popping out of him is kind of fugly. :roll:

How about a combiner that turned into a Godzilla-like dragon, instead? That might be sweet. They could start as different animals, too (like a fish, tiger, and blimp). :lol:

We don't have enough Blimp transformers. Someone start a letter campaign to Takara/Hasbro. :-?
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489497)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2013 @ 10:36pm CDT
MenaceRX wrote:I must have missed something but what 3 voyager class are going to combine into one?
The three new guys in the pics above: Kenzan (police car), Jinbu (yellow jet), and Gan'ō (fire truck).

They are the Samurai Team, three Autobots who can combine into a number of different combination forms, with one guy forming the lower torso and legs, another forming the middle torso and backpack, and the third forming the upper torso, head, shoulders, and arms.

When Kenzan forms the top, the combiner is Go-Kenzan.
When Jinbu forms the top, the combiner is Go-Jinbu
When Gan'ō forms the top, the combiner is Go-Gan'ō

A second Autobot combiner trio, the Shinobi Team (who are ninja themed) is also coming. It consists of Gekisōmaru (a lion), Hishōmaru (a phoenix) and Sensuimaru (a shark).

When Gekisōmaru forms the top, the combiner is Go-Gekisō.
When Hishōmaru forms the top, the combiner is Go-Hishō.
When Sensuimaru forms the top, the combiner is Go-Sensui.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489499)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2013 @ 10:40pm CDT
Also, the three new Arms Micron redecos of L.P., S.2 and Sou are apparently named Gan, Jin, and Zan.

MetroSUplex wrote:How about a combiner that turned into a Godzilla-like dragon, instead?
Cuz in this line, "dragon" = "Predacon". These are Autobots.

MetroSUplex wrote:That might be sweet. They could start as different animals, too (like a fish, tiger, and blimp). :lol:
We're already getting a lion, a phoenix, and a shark with the Shinobi Team.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489509)
Posted by Vile MK III on May 23rd, 2013 @ 12:07am CDT
They have noses! :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489510)
Posted by njb902 on May 23rd, 2013 @ 12:13am CDT
I haven't imported many Takara products, however I may be making some purchases soon. Though I may be going to Japan next spring, when do these come out?
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489522)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 23rd, 2013 @ 1:31am CDT
If I hadn't mad it clear in previous topics, those combiners are AWESOME! And definitely worth passing up prime for.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489539)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 23rd, 2013 @ 6:33am CDT
I actually cancelled my pre-orders for the samurai team as the aesthetics and Energon like combiner gimmick just wasn't doing anything for me. Can't say these new photos have me regretting that decision.

Gaidora's still looking pretty good. His head is making me think that's what Clocker would've looked like had he been a Jungle Planet inhabitant.

Those are some very nice colours on Takara's Grimlock, but I'm still not thrilled with the mold.

And yeah, Metroplex is a bit noire. I was about ready to pre-order this guy come pay day, but now I'm going to hold off. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489544)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 23rd, 2013 @ 7:27am CDT
New Microns repaints? A repaint of the Leonid Tonfa, possibly clear? A new repaint of Optimus Prime Blaster? GIMME! I'm only missing Swerve with Sou from that set.

Senator Ratbat actually looks pretty decent, I'll keeping my eye out for him. So does Gaidora. Then again, I'm a sucker for pretools it seems. :oops:

The Samurai combiners kind of remind me of the Multifore from Victory in individual robot proportions. Well, they do stack as such. :lol: My interest is piqued even more.
Re: New Scans: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!, Generations, and More (1489546)
Posted by AutoBorst on May 23rd, 2013 @ 7:35am CDT
I'm already looking forward to the upgraded sticker pack Reprolabels creates for Metroplex.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS TAKARA TOMY MASTERPIECE Ghost Starscream MP-03G MIB *BRAND NEW* - Time Remaining: 8 days 6 hours 7 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Robot Heroes "Protoform Jazz & Brawl" Hasbro Movie Series *New Rare - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 41 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers FOC Platinum Generations Voyager Grimlock w/Zenith Forge PLS READ - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 14 minutes 45 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS: ROADBUSTER 1985 HASBRO RARE! - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 46 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers G1 (empty) BOX/BUBBLE Detritus Collector's Edition e-Hobby takara - Time Remaining: 15 days 16 hours 6 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers G1 (empty) BOX/BUBBLE Orion Pax & Dion Collector's Edition e-Hobby - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 40 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 13 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers G1 (empty) BOX/BUBBLE Howlback Garboil Collector's Edition e-Hobby - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 43 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits