New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More

Thursday, July 31st, 2014 6:17PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 55,130

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Once again the Transformers Columbia Facebook page has gotten a hold of a whole slew of upcoming Transformers products stock images. These include the BBTS Transformers: Age of Extinction Shared Exclusive Autobots United 5 Pack and Optimus Prime with Trailer and Sideswipe Sets. Here's the rundown:

Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition:
Breakout Battle
Autobots United
Optimus Prime with Trailer & Sideswipe (not Stinger as previous suspected, also appears to be the ROTF Deluxe Swere redeco of Sideswipe)

Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Exclusive Slog

Transformers Generations:
Chromia
Arcee
Nightbeat
Legends Nemesis Prime with Spinister
Legends Cliffjumper with Suppressor

Angry Birds Transformers Playsets

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More

Transformers News: New Stock Images: AOE Platinum Editions, Generations, and More
Credit(s): Transformers Colombia
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595539)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 31st, 2014 @ 6:26pm CDT
Anyone get the feeling like we're getting more Platinum Edition AOE Generations than we are standard retail AOE Generations?
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595541)
Posted by Mkall on July 31st, 2014 @ 6:34pm CDT
I'm so happy I picked up that Rollbar separately because I do not want to get the entire set just for him.
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595543)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 31st, 2014 @ 6:40pm CDT
Now we're getting stock images of Nemesis Prime and Cliffjumper, but still nothing on Gears and Acid Storm aside from official images? I'm starting to get a little worried now.

Really hope they have the smoky orange for Chromia's translucent pieces and what we're seeing are just test samples. Those really helped her deco visually pop.

Arcee is still looking cool. Can't wait for her!

Age of Extinction Platinums... eh. Surprised they used MP-10's trailer, and even more surprised that it seems to work.

Angry Birds... eh.
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595553)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 31st, 2014 @ 7:19pm CDT
They should remold Arcee into Minerva.
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595560)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 31st, 2014 @ 7:29pm CDT
Finally some official sample shots of "Vehicon" in his proper blue-indigo-violet-ish redeco. I like that Generations Skids repaint as Shane's rally car. No official version of "rusty" Optimus Prime is really piquing my interest so far. Everyone is trying something "different", but no one seems to be doing anything especially "accurate."

Nice to have some more pics of the Platinum Edition Autobot 5-Pack. I will be buying that as soon as it is available.

That Optimus Prime with Sideswipe (with Swerve's head?) is a neat surprise. Something tells me it's meant to loosely tie in with the new Transformers: Robots in Disguise show for 2015, in which Sideswipe appears to be the new "kid appeal - immature but learning to be more responsible as the show goes on because we can never head enough trite coming of age stories in every form of media" character. As for the Optimus Figure, is that the best we're getting for a "voyager" scale version of his new AoE knight look? I'm...not super impressed. Every version of this look seems to have a very noticeable backpack...but the liberal use of chrome just washes out so much detail, and the cab deco is just plain wrong. Here's hoping we at least get a single pack release with proper paint apps. Takara, are you listening?

Finally, does anyone know what is up with the weird black and purple detailing on Cliffjumper's alt mode? At least it doesn't show up in bot mode, but seriously. It's just tacky.
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595569)
Posted by Peridot on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:04pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Finally some official sample shots of "Vehicon" in his proper blue-indigo-violet-ish redeco. I like that Generations Skids repaint as Shane's rally car. No official version of "rusty" Optimus Prime is really piquing my interest so far. Everyone is trying something "different", but no one seems to be doing anything especially "accurate."

Nice to have some more pics of the Platinum Edition Autobot 5-Pack. I will be buying that as soon as it is available.

That Optimus Prime with Sideswipe (with Swerve's head?) is a neat surprise. Something tells me it's meant to loosely tie in with the new Transformers: Robots in Disguise show for 2015, in which Sideswipe appears to be the new "kid appeal - immature but learning to be more responsible as the show goes on because we can never head enough trite coming of age stories in every form of media" character. As for the Optimus Figure, is that the best we're getting for a "voyager" scale version of his new AoE knight look? I'm...not super impressed. Every version of this look seems to have a very noticeable backpack...but the liberal use of chrome just washes out so much detail, and the cab deco is just plain wrong. Here's hoping we at least get a single pack release with proper paint apps. Takara, are you listening?

Finally, does anyone know what is up with the weird black and purple detailing on Cliffjumper's alt mode? At least it doesn't show up in bot mode, but seriously. It's just tacky.

That's a repainted First Edition Prime. It's a Leader Class. Cliffjumper's decals remind me of the Thunderhawk from M.A.S.K.
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595570)
Posted by TulioDude on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:06pm CDT
Can someone list the differences on Autobot-5 Pack from their individual release?
Generations Arcee is looking cool.
Kinda like the M-10 trailer,but not sure if would buy this pack...Maybe?
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595571)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:07pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Now we're getting stock images of Nemesis Prime and Cliffjumper, but still nothing on Gears and Acid Storm aside from official images? I'm starting to get a little worried now.

Don't get worried. Acid Storm and Gears may be in another wave if they aren't sold with Nemesis Prime and Cliffjumper. I don't think it will be wise if Hasbro cancelled the toys at the last minute.

<freaking out> Wh....wh...wha...what is that!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595572)
Posted by Peridot on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:13pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now we're getting stock images of Nemesis Prime and Cliffjumper, but still nothing on Gears and Acid Storm aside from official images? I'm starting to get a little worried now.

Don't get worried. Acid Storm and Gears may be in another wave if they aren't sold with Nemesis Prime and Cliffjumper. I don't think it will be wise if Hasbro cancelled the toys at the last minute.

<freaking out> Wh....wh...wha...what is that!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

A pig version of ROTF Megatron.
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595583)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:43pm CDT
Can I borrow your lipstick, Hasbro? I'd at least like to look pretty for when you F*** ME!

*grumbles and hands over his wallet*

So, I'm going to have to get that Optimus Prime with Trailer and Sideswipe set. The Autobots United set, that Nightbeat, that Arcee, and dat Chromia.

Thanks for mugging me, Hasbro.
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595586)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:52pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Can I borrow your lipstick, Hasbro? I'd at least like to look pretty for when you F*** ME!

*grumbles and hands over his wallet*

So, I'm going to have to get that Optimus Prime with Trailer and Sideswipe set. The Autobots United set, that Nightbeat, that Arcee, and dat Chromia.

Thanks for mugging me, Hasbro.
Why? Why do you "HAVE" to get any of these? It sounds like don't want some of them, so why not just go for the ones you want and skip the rest? :???:
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595588)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Can I borrow your lipstick, Hasbro? I'd at least like to look pretty for when you F*** ME!

*grumbles and hands over his wallet*

So, I'm going to have to get that Optimus Prime with Trailer and Sideswipe set. The Autobots United set, that Nightbeat, that Arcee, and dat Chromia.

Thanks for mugging me, Hasbro.
Why? Why do you "HAVE" to get any of these? It sounds like don't want some of them, so why not just go for the ones you want and skip the rest? :???:



I do want them, I was just being a prick. ;)
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595594)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:03pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:That's a repainted First Edition Prime. It's a Leader Class. Cliffjumper's decals remind me of the Thunderhawk from M.A.S.K.


Ah, no wonder I didn't recognize it. I hardly gave that mold any notice when it was first released. Here's hoping we'll still get a "modern" movie Prime at the voyager scale eventually.

Would be interesting to see comparison shots of the Autobot Five-Pack versions with their Takra-Tomy "Movie Advanced" counterparts. I have a feeling people will be pleased with these "Platinum Edition" efforts from Hasbro. :)
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595595)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:04pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Can I borrow your lipstick, Hasbro? I'd at least like to look pretty for when you F*** ME!

*grumbles and hands over his wallet*

So, I'm going to have to get that Optimus Prime with Trailer and Sideswipe set. The Autobots United set, that Nightbeat, that Arcee, and dat Chromia.

Thanks for mugging me, Hasbro.
Why? Why do you "HAVE" to get any of these? It sounds like don't want some of them, so why not just go for the ones you want and skip the rest? :???:



I do want them, I was just being a prick. ;)
Ah I see. Business as usual, then. :P
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595596)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Can I borrow your lipstick, Hasbro? I'd at least like to look pretty for when you F*** ME!

*grumbles and hands over his wallet*

So, I'm going to have to get that Optimus Prime with Trailer and Sideswipe set. The Autobots United set, that Nightbeat, that Arcee, and dat Chromia.

Thanks for mugging me, Hasbro.
Why? Why do you "HAVE" to get any of these? It sounds like don't want some of them, so why not just go for the ones you want and skip the rest? :???:



I do want them, I was just being a prick. ;)
Ah I see. Business as usual, then. :P



YEP! :D

Thinking about it further, I might want to skip that Optimus/Sideswipe set. That trailer is so tempting though, it looks awesome. But that First Edition Optimus is just so bad, I guess it's no surprise they're trying to sell it off any way they can.
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595597)
Posted by Deadput on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:17pm CDT
Guys the purple on Cliff is an obvious call back when Cliff dies in Prime and became a dark energon zombie.



Why else would he be purple?
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595608)
Posted by Zeedust on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:54pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:They should remold Arcee into Minerva.


I'd go with Override instead. Yes, I'm aware that saying anything nice about any part of the Unicron Trilogy is probably an act of heresy. No, I don't care.
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595613)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:58pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Guys the purple on Cliff is an obvious call back when Cliff dies in Prime and became a dark energon zombie.



Why else would he be purple?


That's a weird call back to put on a toy that represents the G1 version of the character. I think it's less an a Transformers Prime reference are more a weird "lets slap some deco on here because we can" thing. Let's face it, it's not the first (or probably not the last) time the Hasbro deco artists have made a weird choice like this.

If anything, I think the homage is more to create a pseudo-Cybertronian alt mode look, kind of like what Hasbro tried with the Bumblebee release of this mold with the odd pinkish-red detailing. The purple on the hood of Cliffjumper pretty much matches the pattern on the Bumblebee's release. The black detailing on the side with purple striping within might be a call back to the WfC toys of 'Bee and Cliff. Check some pictures of those figures from 2010. You'll see what I mean. In Cliffjumper's case, they used yellow then. I don't know why they chose purple now, but maybe it was to make him look less like a simple color inversion of Bumblebee. I think silver striping would have looked so much better, but alas.
Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595619)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 31st, 2014 @ 10:19pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Guys the purple on Cliff is an obvious call back when Cliff dies in Prime and became a dark energon zombie.


Or, perhaps a small acknowledgement to another red toy car made around the same time as the original Generation One toys.

Re: New Stock Images: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions, Amazon Exclusive Slog, Generations, and More (1595628)
Posted by Deadput on July 31st, 2014 @ 11:31pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Guys the purple on Cliff is an obvious call back when Cliff dies in Prime and became a dark energon zombie.


Or, perhaps a small acknowledgement to another red toy car made around the same time as the original Generation One toys.




Not sure what that has to do with Cliff but ok.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem
Twincast / Podcast #145:
"May Mayhem"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, May 26th, 2016