Transformers News: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok

Thursday, July 19th, 2012 6:00PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,103

Seibertron.com is proud to present Super God Masterforce Black Zarak! A holy grail to most, this Japanese exclusive repaint/retool of G1 Scorponok was released in 1988 under the Super God Masterforce line. In addition to the new deco this figure also features a new better proportioned helmet/head and Tyrant Spear weapon. Unfortunately, the figure also features a frightful dose of the dreaded gold plastic, which is known to literally crumble even with light handling. While many would be content just to own a complete and unbroken version of this figure, Seibertron temped fate and transformed him into all modes, including his Dakatsu mode, to bring us this gallery. That includes transforming Black Roritchi (G1 Fast Track redeco), who is comprised almost entirely of gold plastic, and Scorponok (Headmaster unit). Enjoy a gallery years in the making below!

Super God Masterforce Black Zarak

Super God Masterforce Black Roritchi

Super God Masterforce Scorponok

Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402439)
Posted by xyl360 on July 19th, 2012 @ 6:13pm CDT
Holy carp, Ryan did it :)!

Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402441)
Posted by craggy on July 19th, 2012 @ 6:25pm CDT
wow! fantastic pictures. thanks, Ryan!
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402445)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on July 19th, 2012 @ 6:40pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Holy carp, Ryan did it :)!

That's Fire Guts God Ginrai. They released that with the reissue of God Ginrai.

Ryan, fantastic gallery! I'm watching Super-God Masterforce right now, so your picture of every toy from Masterforce really made me jealous. :grin:

I only have the Reissue of God Ginrai and the Seacons!

I can't wait to see the Brave Maximus gallery!
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402446)
Posted by Seibertron on July 19th, 2012 @ 6:53pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Wow. It looks like the figure is none the worse for wear either (knock on wood).

Ah, the joy of photography. I only have to make everything look right just for a photo. This set was 100% perfect when I purchased it last fall, complete with stickers unapplied and unassembled spear. Stickers were applied, spear assembled, and along the way the gold plastic casualties mounted: Black Roritchi's feet snapped off while transforming him to robot mode, and then part of his hip snapped off when transforming him back to vehicle mode, the primary peg hole shattered in the shield, as did part of the gold plastic that goes over the pin in the middle of the shield, and one of Black Zarak's feet cracked when transforming him to robot mode. None of this was unexpected and I think had I not had so much experience with gold plastic over the years, more damage probably would have been sustained. Now mine's in the condition that most others are in, but I got a massive gallery out of one of the most expensive and fragile Transformers of all time so I'm pretty happy.

xyl360 wrote:What is that orange Powermaster Optimus Prime/God Ginrai? A Japanese exclusive or something?

Fire Guts God Ginrai was an e-Hobby exclusive that came out in 2002.
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402447)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 19th, 2012 @ 6:53pm CDT
Great Gallery's, I won't lie this a figure I've been wanting to see here for awhile now :DANCE: :DANCE:
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402448)
Posted by Seibertron on July 19th, 2012 @ 6:54pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Holy carp, Ryan did it :)!

That's Fire Guts God Ginrai. They released that with the reissue of God Ginrai.

I only have the Reissue of God Ginrai and the Seacons!

I can't wait to see the Brave Maximus gallery!

Thanks for the compliments!

Grand Max and Brave Max will be posted over the course of the next week or two as time allows.
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402451)
Posted by Overcracker on July 19th, 2012 @ 7:04pm CDT
Awesome gallery Ryan, and if for nothing else to document this toy, that will be unobtainable in the not too distant future, if every single specimen out there falls apart.
Glad you could get a gallery before the Gold plastic crumbled to dust.
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402454)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 19th, 2012 @ 7:10pm CDT
I want this figure, but I know I'd never be able to justify the price thanks to GPS.

Everyday I pray to see an announcement of a re-issue...
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402460)
Posted by Rijie on July 19th, 2012 @ 7:29pm CDT
Sheer plastic pulchritude.

Mouth agape, reeling into robot reverie...

I've nothing more to add, except, thanks. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402470)
Posted by TulioDude on July 19th, 2012 @ 8:02pm CDT
:BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402477)
Posted by Ruthless Cynic on July 19th, 2012 @ 8:22pm CDT
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402485)
Posted by Seibertron on July 19th, 2012 @ 8:33pm CDT
Ruthless Cynic wrote:I am beyond impressed with your gallery of Black Zarak. Bravo! Were there any dicey bits with the Gold Plastic? I thought I remember hearing a PhD Chemist, wife of one of the podcasters, explained what the problem was with it, what I was unclear of, was whether there was a cure or compound you could treat it with. Thanks again for all your hard work!

As far as we know, there is no cure for gold plastic syndrome. It's just a matter of time before something happens to it. Due to my experience handling gold plastic, I know what to expect and how to reduce, but not eliminate damage. In the case of Black Zarak, it was easier to figure out where the problems would arise because it's identical to Scorponok, just with gold plastic.

I was doing really good with the shield until I knocked over Black Zarak. It was just one of those fluke moments, not thinking, in a hurry, next thing I know he knocked over. I was lucky that the shield didn't crack in half or something else that would have been catastrophic, instead, the peg hole just broke cleanly into a few pieces which I superglued back into place.

I was most scared of his tail because it's got the rivet in it. There's no back up plan for that at this time. When I had him in his serpent mode, I was very worried that the weight of the toy would make the stand collapse and the toy would fall on its gold plastic tail. Fortunately, that did not happen and the tail didn't shatter when I transformed it.

While it did not escape damage, the damage it sustained was damage I was more or less expecting. It was typical damage that one would expect to find with a Black Zarak toy. I was just plain lucky and experienced that nothing else happened while handling this toy.
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402497)
Posted by Sirtank on July 19th, 2012 @ 9:02pm CDT
About 10 years ago I bought one on ebay for around $450. Perfect condition with stickers unapplied. I hadn't heard of the gold plastic syndrome yet, so you can imagine how shocked I was when I placed the shield on his arm and the connector piece broke. I ended up selling him shortly after that, for about the same price I paid.
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402508)
Posted by Slick_Prime on July 19th, 2012 @ 9:29pm CDT
Oh god, just looking at this gallery is giving me anxiety about it breaking. :shock:
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402517)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 19th, 2012 @ 10:01pm CDT
Of all the TFs Takara / Hasbro has ever re-released, this is one that really ought to get done.

Hell, even a 3rd party company that'd make replacement parts would be welcome by all I'd wager.
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402520)
Posted by jamarmiller on July 19th, 2012 @ 10:40pm CDT
yeah, I too wish they would re-release this guy, Galaxy Shuttle, and Blue Bacachus ( sp ?)

Then my G1 collection would be finally completed, sucks they dont
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402527)
Posted by Rated X on July 19th, 2012 @ 11:00pm CDT
Very impressive. As always the galleries were nicely done. I never knew he had a different head sculpt. I always thought it was a straight repaint. So this is the figure that started the "gold plastic syndrome" outrage ???
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402529)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 19th, 2012 @ 11:05pm CDT
Impressive gallery. *Plays Taps for another Black Zarak*
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402534)
Posted by DISCHARGE on July 19th, 2012 @ 11:24pm CDT

This is the gun he uses to shoot out 'SUPER-MEGA-ULTRA-AWESOME-RAYS'
The box for that guy is such a nice piece of artwork too. Great gallery.
Re: New Super God Masterforce gallery: Black Zarak with Black Roritchi and Scorponok (1402538)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 19th, 2012 @ 11:29pm CDT
God, I can just TASTE the photographer's fear in every pictures. :shock:

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS SUPERION ACTION FIGURE HASBRO GENERATIONS 6 FIGURES - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 56 minutes 44 seconds
2007 Hasbro Transformers:Movie StarScream Voyager Class Stunning AFA 90 Mint WOW - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 42 minutes 34 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS RHINOX WITH TWIN SPINNING GATLING GUNS - Time Remaining: 7 days 13 hours 28 minutes
Transformers Titans Return Emissary & Cerebros Fortress Maximus Autobot Hasbro - Time Remaining: 22 days 14 hours 29 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Titans Returns Leader Autobot Apex & Powermaster Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 29 days 14 hours 29 minutes 24 seconds
2007 Hasbro Transformers:Movie StarScream Voyager Class Stunning AFA 85/85/90!!! - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 45 minutes 17 seconds
B'Boom GUERRILLA WARFARE Transformers BEAST WARS Heroic Maximal ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 18 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers ROTF VOYAGER STRATOSPHERE MISB 100% COMP.  2009 FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 35 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory