Transformers News: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert

Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 8:02AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Rumors
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 52,527

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has shared some new information regarding Takara's upcoming Transformers Masterpiece figures. They are reporting that MP-13 Soundwave will include his cassetticon minion Laserbeak, and they have increased their price form 12000 to 15800 Yen. They are also reporting that MP-14 will be Red Alert, previously known as MP-12A. We will find out just how accurate this information is this weekend when Takara presents at the 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show.

We have received some shocking informations about the upcoming Takara Masterpiece series!!
Some informations were changed and here is a quick update.

MP-12 Lambor
5800yen
Release in end of October 2012.
Lamborghini LP500S licensed!!!

MP-13 Soundwave
12000yen --->15800yen
Release in December 2012
Soundwave will include one Cassette - laserbeak!

MP-12A ---> MP-14 Red Alert!
5800yen
Release in December 2012
Lamborghini LP500S licensed!!!

Hope the above informations are helpful to you.
All informations will be subject to Tokyo Toy Show confirmation.
For customers who have purchased these items, Any refunds/ additional price will be updated after we have confirmed information from Tokyo Toy Show (18th June).
For any enquiry, please email to info@robotkingdom.com

Robotkingdom Crew
Credit(s): daimchoc, Robotkingdom
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389098)
Posted by RhA on June 12th, 2012 @ 8:12am CDT
SURPRISE!
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389099)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 12th, 2012 @ 8:12am CDT
WOOHOO!!!! Masterpiece Laserbeak and MP14 Red Alert will be in December too, not next year like reported.
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389100)
Posted by Deruji on June 12th, 2012 @ 8:14am CDT
That makes waiting for a perfect Soundwave collection harder than it should be :(
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389104)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 12th, 2012 @ 8:16am CDT
Deruji wrote:If it's true that MP13 only has one tape, that would be disappointing. And it will be even more disappointing if MP14 are not the other tapes.

The other tapes will be coming.
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389107)
Posted by SS4steve on June 12th, 2012 @ 8:24am CDT
I know that the original price estimate were all subject to change and were ballpark guesses; but 200.00 for Soundwave/Lazerbeak versus 72.00 for Sidesswipe still looks too big of a price gap (even taking size differentials into account)

It does seem a little missleading that MP14 is going to be Red Alert. Would have been better to keep him as a MP12(a) or something of that sort.
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389109)
Posted by Ghost Starscream on June 12th, 2012 @ 8:30am CDT
Takara isn't dumb. They know the Transformer world was waiting for a MP Soundwave and cassettes. So why release everything back to back? I'm sure they want you guessing when the other cassettes will be released. Im gunna take a wild guess and say we get 1 more MP after Red Alert before we see the cassettes.

As long as they make a Ratbat and ravage, I'm good to go.

Again, it is just a guess, not a fact.
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389112)
Posted by joevill on June 12th, 2012 @ 8:46am CDT
Only one cassette?
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389116)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on June 12th, 2012 @ 9:14am CDT
joevill wrote:Only one cassette?

Trikeboy wrote:The other tapes will be coming.

Welp, ninja'd, despite Trikeboy replying to someone else. 8-}
But yeah like, Soundwave already jumped to 15800 yen, if he did come with other cassettes, you know people are just gonna complain about the bigger price increase instead. :oops:
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389121)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2012 @ 9:48am CDT
So the complementary Cassetticon minions... are they the actual G1 originals or are they entirely modernized versions of our favorite characters? Because I would absolutely LOVE a modern version of Frenzy/Rumble (not the RTS molds). And is it known how big they are? Big enough to make Universe Ravage look proportional with his gang?
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389126)
Posted by optimuscarlos on June 12th, 2012 @ 10:01am CDT
SO, I have to pay $50 bucks more for one cassette?
I'm thinking about canceling my pre order in BBTS
I would be happy if minimum they put Laserbeak and ravage.
But just laserbeak for $50 for a total of $200. I would buy a nice Macross valkyrie with that money.
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389128)
Posted by Ghost Starscream on June 12th, 2012 @ 10:06am CDT
Bbts has Soundwave for 139..... Why would you cancel that?
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389177)
Posted by Hotrodimust on June 12th, 2012 @ 1:26pm CDT
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389209)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2012 @ 2:43pm CDT
Hotrodimust wrote:Anyone else feel they need to buy a bottle of lube for this serious a$$ f#€king from Takara. One tape really and then waste a whole mp slot on a repaint. I really hop fantoys still releases their mp style soundwave look alike because it's cheaper and probably comes with more than one tape. By the looks of it it's no longer hasbro and Takara it's hasbro and hasbro because Takara used to kinda give us good stuff. But now it's stickered up figures, down sized mp figures and repaints with the hype of a totally new mold. They even hyped up power core combiners and over priced them and the idiots will buy them but talked mega crap about pcc when hasbro released them. I love 3rd party and I wll gladly support it when ever given the choice. At least I get something I like for my money

Didn't they cancel that?
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389211)
Posted by Hotrodimust on June 12th, 2012 @ 2:45pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Didn't they cancel that?

I heard it was canceled but I didn't read anything with an official statement saying it was but it looked sweet oh well
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389213)
Posted by TimothyR on June 12th, 2012 @ 2:48pm CDT

you do understand that red alert is an entirely different character and isn't akin to "sleep mode prime" .. or whatever. if they didn't use the sideswipe mold to give us a red alert, that would be a crime.

downsized? .. if you're referring to MP10.. the downsize (for me at least) is warranted, mp 01-04 is just entirely too large. and to get a G1 cast in that scale would be ridiculously expensive.
the sideswipe mold is smaller to be in scale with MP10 which makes sense.. which, again, will make collecting the entire cast far cheaper to collect.

usually we get, what, like 1 masterpiece figure a year, and this time we're getting 3 (two entirely new molds.) i think the size is perfect, and i believe this allows hasbro an easier time of getting these into US retail stores.

as far as hasbro vs takara thing. i agree that the stickers are a super lame idea.. but i doubt that's going to continue into other lines.. plus, i think i lot of people enjoy those little arms micron things.
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389227)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 12th, 2012 @ 3:09pm CDT
So is Red Alert MP12A or MP14?
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389228)
Posted by Hotrodimust on June 12th, 2012 @ 3:10pm CDT
TimothyR wrote:

Yes I know sideswipe and red alert are different characters but they are using the same mold. Look at the Lamborghini linsence for each figure it's an lp500s meaning the same mold. That's a waste to an mp slot to me and I want quality over quantity if I'm spending $100 or more on a plastic toy they spend less than $40 to make. And I'm not talking about mp-10 I love that figure I'm talking about mp-12 and 14 and I know they are more to scale but $80 for a small voyager is a lot for a figure that size. And yes I know 3rd party cost that much but they are not a huge corporation. I guess you can look at it like this ones Walmart and the other is your corner store. Walmart is cheaper they can buy in bulk and get cheaper prices on the items they sell so they offers lower prices. The corner store can't buy bulk so they don't get discounted prices and have to charge more for the items they sell. Some of the 3rd party companies make 500 pieces where hasbro makes 500,000 pieces but what ever I'm way off track now. And I like arms microns it just sucks in order to get them u have to buy a figure with less paint so they can even out the price to make the same profit on each figure. It's just wrong that these toy companies are that greedy even dotm figure got down sized a little because they added mech tech weapons and hasbro must of thought no one was gonna notice they were smaller lol. Even the new movie gi joes or avenger figures they added a spring loaded gimmick weapon and took articulation away from the figures so the cost of each figure is the same and they make the same profit. These companies can't take a little loose for the happiness of their customers
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389264)
Posted by craggy on June 12th, 2012 @ 3:55pm CDT
I'm not saying this is the case, but maybe HasTak realise that fans/collectors/plastic addicts will pay the $80 for a Voyager because people have been doing so for the past few years with unofficial products?
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389270)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 12th, 2012 @ 4:10pm CDT
[color=teal] >:oP

This is some funny stuff [/color]
Re: New Takara Masterpiece Information: MP-13 Soundwave to Include Laserbeak, MP-14 will be Red Alert (1389300)
Posted by LiKwid on June 12th, 2012 @ 5:04pm CDT