Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings

Transformers News: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings

Friday, April 5th, 2013 8:07AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,343

The Hobby Ark Toy Store is reporting three new listing for Takara Tomy's Transformers Go! line:

Preorder for Takara Transformers Go! July items:

• G05 Gekiso-Maru (Ninja Team), Price=SGD$72, Note: Takara Exclusive
  • G06 Hunter Smokescreen, Price=SGD$35, Note: without hunter gear
  • G07 Bakudora (Predacons), Price=SGD$35, Note: new head

No images as of yet, all are scheduled to release on July 27th.
Credit(s): Hobby Ark Toy Store
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476457)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 5th, 2013 @ 8:14am CDT
Interesting... :-?

"Gekisou" means "Flat-out run" or more liberally translated "Race", and "Bakudora"... "Baku" can mean "explosion" and "dora" is "dragon". so basically explosive dragon. Any contenders for this guy?
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476461)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 5th, 2013 @ 8:55am CDT
I'm perplexed by this "Ninja Team". Wonder if it's brand new molds.

Could care less about these "explosive dragons", unless they're able to dazzle me like Abominus/Terrorcons do (despite their simplicity).
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476478)
Posted by Mkall on April 5th, 2013 @ 9:35am CDT
This line intrigues me more than most TF lines to date only because in some cases we have no idea what they're doing for some of the figures.

I wanna see what this ninja team is all about. Perhaps something related to M.E.C.H.?
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476487)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 5th, 2013 @ 10:10am CDT
i may have to get these. pics soon i hope.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476495)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 5th, 2013 @ 11:25am CDT
Wonder why Smokescreen gets a lower number than the other show character toys. And why they're using the "Hunter" prefix for him if heisn't going to have his armor. :-?

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Interesting... :-?

"Bakudora" makes me think of "Bakuryū" (as in Bakuryū Sentai Abaranger), with the "dora" part reminding me of Bandora's Dora Monsters from Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476496)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 5th, 2013 @ 11:28am CDT
We still don't know anything about the supposed "combiners" in this line, do we? Now we've got another mystery on our hands! Maybe "Ninja Team" is a combiner team?
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476501)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 5th, 2013 @ 12:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Interesting... :-?

No more denying it, we're two peas in a pod. :grin:
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476516)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on April 5th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
Since BH holds no interest for me, I *really* want to see pics of this stuff. New moulds? Redecos?

Come on Takara don't keep us hanging...!!
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476528)
Posted by Handels-Messerschmitt on April 5th, 2013 @ 3:43pm CDT
Pfft, it's obviously Bakudora the Bakuexplorer.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476532)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 5th, 2013 @ 3:54pm CDT
Handels-Messerschmitt wrote:Pfft, it's obviously Bakudora the Bakuexplorer.

Well done, sir. Well freakin' done.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476534)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 5th, 2013 @ 3:56pm CDT
Handels-Messerschmitt wrote:Pfft, it's obviously Bakudora the Bakuexplorer.
So she and Boots became suicide bombers, eh? :P
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476578)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 5th, 2013 @ 6:27pm CDT
Argh! Give us some god-damn images already, Takara! And for G01-04.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476671)
Posted by That Bot on April 6th, 2013 @ 4:32am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Interesting... :-?

No more denying it, we're two peas in a pod. :grin:

I would not have pegged you two as fellow toku fans. I need to remember this.

I'm going to interpret "Takara Exclusive" on the ninja team as meaning they're probably retools of a mold in a form we're not getting. Although it's not beyond Takara to guess that they may also be all-new molds. For some reason I feel like there's probably three members on that team. Looking forward to more info. Alternatively, it could be the Terrorpreds, but I don't know Japanese legion pricing so that might be more than the sum of their parts.

Judging by the price, "Hunter Smokescreen" is Deluxe Smokescreen. Maybe he doesn't have the armor? Weird that they would specify "no hunter gear". Probably just calling him Hunter Smokescreen to differentiate him from AM Smokescreen.

Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476706)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 6th, 2013 @ 9:39am CDT
That Bot wrote:Bakudora....not a clue. That's deluxe pricing, but I want to say we've already got most of the deluxe Predacons accounted for in G11-20. I don't remember, honestly.

The only Predacon announced was "Dragotron" aka Voyager Predaking.

And guys, get this: there already is a Hunter Smokescreen in the G10-G20 lineup, he's G19.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476717)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 6th, 2013 @ 10:27am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The only Predacon announced was "Dragotron" aka Voyager Predaking.

That raises buttloads of questions, then.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476789)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 6th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CDT
That Bot wrote:I would not have pegged you two as fellow toku fans. I need to remember this.
Truth be told, the only Japanese tokusatsu I've seen are the Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai special, PGSM, and Kamen Rider Ryuki. Everything else has been American adaptation like PR (watching Megaforce currently) and KRDK.

Mindmaster wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The only Predacon announced was "Dragotron" aka Voyager Predaking.

That raises buttloads of questions, then.
Indeed. They getting two Smokescreens in this line or something? (not counting the AM or EG versions) :???:
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476821)
Posted by craggy on April 6th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Mindmaster wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The only Predacon announced was "Dragotron" aka Voyager Predaking.

That raises buttloads of questions, then.

Maybe one is Smokimus Prime? :lol:
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476846)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 6th, 2013 @ 8:28pm CDT
craggy wrote:Maybe one is Smokimus Prime? :lol:
With the additional non-Hasbro toys being made for Go!, and with the way the Japanese handled the season 2 finale, it's possible that season 3 might not even air in Japan (therefore giving TakaraTomy little reason to make a figure based on events from a cartoon that they may not even air - if said events actually do happen, that is). ;)
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1476858)
Posted by craggy on April 6th, 2013 @ 9:08pm CDT
oh I seriously doubt it will happen. even if Optimus "dies" and makes Smokescreen the next Prime, the kid will probably waste the Forge's power on rebuilding Optimus in his new toy form
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Listings (1477131)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 7th, 2013 @ 7:13pm CDT
Smokimus Prime sounds like like a cigarette product.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism