Transformers News: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More

Monday, April 14th, 2014 9:45AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,604

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has listed new Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Advanced pre-orders. As expected Takara Tomy will be releasing the previously revealed Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction main line figures with what they are calling more movie accurate decos and metallic paint applications. The new pre-order can be found below, as well as a few placeholder images.

Movie Advanced AD-20 Black Night Grimlock.
(-Big different from Hasbro version
-Movie accurate color
-Metallic silver on head and back, and black body!)
Pre-order, available July 2014.
US$62.9

Movie Advanced AD-21 Galvatron.
(-Small different from Hasbro version, additional blue line on robot mode and orange eye
-Same vehicle color mode)
Pre-order, available July 2014.
US$37.9

Movie Advanced AD-22 Hound.
(-Different from Hasbro version
-Movie accurate color (camouflage) on his body)
Pre-order, available July 2014.
US$37.9

Movie Advanced AD-23 Drift.
Pre-order, available July 2014.
US$23.9

Movie Advanced AD-24 Strafe.
(-Different from Hasbro version
-Blue metallic body)
Pre-order, available July 2014.
US$23.9

Movie Advanced AD-25 Dinobot Slash.
(-Different from Hasbro version
-Metallic green on body)
Pre-order, available July 2014.
US$23.9

Movie Advanced AD-26 Lockdown.
(-Different from Hasbro verison, metallic dark brown body.
-Same vehicle color mode)
Pre-order, available July 2014.
US$23.9

Movie Advanced AD-27 New Bumblebee.
Pre-order, available August 2014.
US$23.9

Movie Advanced AD-28 Dinobot A.
Pre-order, available August 2014.
US$23.9

Movie Advanced AD-29 Dinobot B.
Pre-order, available September 2014.
US$37.9

Movie Advanced AD-30 Autobot B.
Pre-order, available September 2014.
US$37.9

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Robotkingdom
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565157)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2014 @ 11:18am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Will he use his original voice actor? Sorry on a somewhat unrelated question?
Peter Cullen is the only voice actor we know about.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565159)
Posted by rpetras on April 14th, 2014 @ 11:22am CDT
So far nothing from this abomination of a toy line makes me want to own it.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565175)
Posted by Rated X on April 14th, 2014 @ 12:12pm CDT
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565180)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 14th, 2014 @ 12:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Peter Cullen is the only voice actor we know about.

We may also have Reno Wilson, who tweeted about voice-acting for Age of Extinction, but quickly took it down.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565238)
Posted by TheVenocWarlord on April 14th, 2014 @ 2:10pm CDT
I really need to see the Takara Tomy's version of Evasive Mode OP so I can know if I need to save my money for it or just get the US version when it's out.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565242)
Posted by craggy on April 14th, 2014 @ 2:16pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Im still undecided if I want to buy the dinobots and slap some con symbols on them. They might make a good faction of predacons to go with the BH preds. But I have no interest in using them for theyre intended purpose. Ive turned my back on the non classics lines unless its a figure that can be repurposed on a classics shelf. And for the record, im sick of grimlock always getting a larger figure than other dinobots in his last 3 toy incarnations. Theyre not a scramble city team and never were.

that's why I'm getting them. The chubby horny one (Slug? Purplesaurus) is far too purple for me to accept him as a :BOT: (maybe that makes me robo-racist?) even before adding in the red accents to make him very Magneto-esque. The red one, well, he's just red and that's plenty universal as far as TFs go, but his (Vangelus-coined) "Made Of Knives" look feels a lot more :CON: to me. Grimlock would probably work as either, but I like how he reminds me of a cross between Knightmare and Astaroth from the Soul Calibur games. So he's a baddie too.

Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565246)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 14th, 2014 @ 2:25pm CDT
craggy wrote:edit: has no one digibashed these guys into their G1 colour schemes yet? It'd be interesting to see how different the impression they'd give in more traditional colours, because right now, there's only the barest hint of them being related by the kind of similar alt modes.

Digibashed, no. Actual custom? Yes! :D

Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565248)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2014 @ 2:30pm CDT
Not my pic:

Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565257)
Posted by Delta Magnus on April 14th, 2014 @ 3:01pm CDT
Those actually look pretty good!

Myself, if I get them, I'll probably treat them as separate characters from the "original" Dinobots (who I plan on representing with FOC Grimlock and the Planet X not-Dinobots, when they're all released), either as an alternate universe/Shattered Glass Dinobot team, or simply as new characters in their own right. Of course, I take the Wayward/Insecticomics viewpoint with canon (ignoring it completely, giving each figure/character their own personality independent of any one series) so my approach won't work for more "hardcore" collectors.

I must admit though, I quite like the multicoloured Dinobots. Grimlock reminds me of Cybertron Scourge (who I've been meaning to get) and the others, especially Slug/Slag, remind me of a particularly spiky Super Sentai team. And to play devil's advocate, the kids are gonna love 'em. I mean, what 7-year-old wouldn't like a spiky purple triceratops that turns into a duel-wielding robot?
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565258)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 14th, 2014 @ 3:03pm CDT
Takara you idiots! Lockdown doesn't have a brown robot mode.
I can only wonder what other crap colors they'll use to make them more "accurate" as they're saying.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565260)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 14th, 2014 @ 3:07pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:

Well, you should, because they are. How come nobody knows this?
Since when was it dictated all incarnations of a certain character had to be the same as the original? Never.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565261)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2014 @ 3:13pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Takara you idiots! Lockdown doesn't have a brown robot mode.
Where the slag do you see Lockdown anywhere?
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565262)
Posted by Spleenzorio on April 14th, 2014 @ 3:18pm CDT
Nooooooooo chrome D:
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565264)
Posted by Spleenzorio on April 14th, 2014 @ 3:24pm CDT

I think this is Grimlock?

Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565265)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2014 @ 3:27pm CDT
Spleenzorio wrote:

I think this is Grimlock?

That's his electronic toy voice, not his movie voice.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565273)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 14th, 2014 @ 3:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Where the slag do you see Lockdown anywhere?

In the listing from robotkingdom in the last post on page 13 of this thread.
Movie Advanced AD-26 Lockdown. Metallic brown body. Why?
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565281)
Posted by Delta Magnus on April 14th, 2014 @ 4:08pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Where the slag do you see Lockdown anywhere?

In the listing from robotkingdom in the last post on page 13 of this thread.
Movie Advanced AD-26 Lockdown. Metallic brown body. Why?

Because it looks cool?
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565287)
Posted by craggy on April 14th, 2014 @ 4:44pm CDT
cheers for the pics guys. they look okay in g1 colours, but...
yeah, these will be new characters for me. I'm thinking Shockwave's FOC experiments creating the Dinobots were just the start, and he perfected the process and then used it on a team of crazy badass Decepticons.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565290)
Posted by TimothyR on April 14th, 2014 @ 4:53pm CDT
here's hoping hasbro gets their heads out of their asses and gives us an ultimate grimlock or something.. something that'd be larger than a leader figure.. something that a voyager prime could ride.. i mean, how cool would that be.. a giant transforming t rex.. the leader is FAR from giant.

it's a shame that these figures clearly don't fit in with the rest of the movie collection.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Listings - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1565291)
Posted by Spleenzorio on April 14th, 2014 @ 4:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Spleenzorio wrote:

I think this is Grimlock?

That's his electronic toy voice, not his movie voice.

And it's been confirmed they don't have the same voice actor?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016