New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

Transformers News: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 9:47AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 44,587

Takara Tomy's current Transformers Masterpiece designer Shogo Hasui has just tweeted a new silhouette of their upcoming Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack! Wheeljack is scheduled for release sometime in the first quarter of 2014, but so far the only teasers we've seen are a couple of silhouettes. According to Dengeki Hobby Shogo Hasui will be replaced as the lead Masterpiece designer in 2014 by the line's former designer Hironori Kobayashi, who brought us MP-01 through MP-09. Check out the latest teaser below.

Transformers News: Re: First official silhouette for Masterpiece Wheeljack
Credit(s): Shogo Hasui

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538551)
Posted by Morbalis on December 31st, 2013 @ 10:15am CST
Pulled a little detail out. Should be nice. Preordered.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538553)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 31st, 2013 @ 10:20am CST
Not really digging that open gap in the heel, but I'll need to see more of the details to better judge it.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538566)
Posted by jlbeowolf on December 31st, 2013 @ 10:55am CST
Played with the lighting a bit in PS. Reveals a little more detail.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538570)
Posted by EagleTron on December 31st, 2013 @ 11:05am CST
Don't like the change of mp designers and I'm not a fan of those earlier non Shogo mp designs but the good news is that I think that he already finished designing this Wheeljack and mp Bumblebee. This Wheeljack looks good. I wanna see how his ankles turn out.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538573)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 31st, 2013 @ 11:23am CST

I hope the news about a replacement designer turn out to be a misunderstanding, I don't want a different designer, I want Hasui to stay. Especially for Bumblebee and the inevitable new Megatron.

Also, as far as I'm aware of, the MP-10 was Hasui's baby, not Kobayashi's.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538574)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 31st, 2013 @ 11:29am CST
Stormrider wrote:Is the missile going to be his only accessory? I would like to see him with some energon "rods" as seen in S1E1 or a gadget of some kind.

Why not the transfixatron dohickey?

Those pics are so cruel.........arrgh!
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538602)
Posted by Seibertron on December 31st, 2013 @ 1:23pm CST

Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538604)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 31st, 2013 @ 1:29pm CST
Sheesh, fourth one today.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538616)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 31st, 2013 @ 2:11pm CST
Cyberpath wrote:Anyone here read Japanese? I'm not sure how accurate Google Translate really is; did Hasui actually say that Wheeljack was his latest MP... or his last MP?
Seems to be saying his "latest" or "most recent" MP work.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538630)
Posted by Stormrider on December 31st, 2013 @ 4:18pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I ran the image through Photoshop to bring out a little bit of detail, courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Anna-Christine Sanders-Browning on Facebook who did the same thing.

The head sculpt, forearms, and shins look good so far. Bicep/shoulders, ankles, and waist are not looking so hot from this angle. But I am holding out for more details.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538659)
Posted by Down_Shift on December 31st, 2013 @ 6:30pm CST
I'm not loving this silhouette so far. Maybe when we see something a little more detailed I will get a little more excited.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538666)
Posted by warzon3 on December 31st, 2013 @ 7:09pm CST
Wow, lots of stuff I'm not liking with this...

Wings are too skinny (I want my Wheeljack with large wings). Thighs too skinny. Hips too skinny.

Those panels (wrist guards?) that stickout at the hands are in the wrong place, and probably should be fused to the forearms instead of the hands...

His feet look really hollowed out in the back.

Its funny, I thought he would be one of the easier cars to pull off?
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538696)
Posted by Ultra Markus on December 31st, 2013 @ 9:41pm CST
all of the other masterpieces were excellent, a perfect mix of the original toy and the cartoon and some reality.i seriously think that they won't mess this up, have some faith people. ;)^
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538698)
Posted by Ultra Markus on December 31st, 2013 @ 9:45pm CST
i think thats awesome!
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538700)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 31st, 2013 @ 9:48pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:all of the other masterpieces were excellent,
Compared to those of today, MP Megatron is debatable. And maybe MP Rodimus with all his QC issues.

Ultra Markus wrote:it will probably look like thishttps://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct ... 4164437748
i think thats awesome!
Link is broken.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538733)
Posted by Mykltron on January 1st, 2014 @ 6:21am CST
Damn those thighs are skinny.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538742)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 1st, 2014 @ 8:39am CST
warzon3 wrote:Wow, lots of stuff I'm not liking with this...

His feet look really hollowed out in the back.

Its funny, I thought he would be one of the easier cars to pull off?

Possible Sunstreaker retool? All it takes is a new car mode shell while keeping the transformation intact :-$
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538788)
Posted by Stormrider on January 1st, 2014 @ 11:57am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
warzon3 wrote:Wow, lots of stuff I'm not liking with this...

His feet look really hollowed out in the back.

Its funny, I thought he would be one of the easier cars to pull off?

Sunstreaker retool would be awesome.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1539022)
Posted by megatronus on January 2nd, 2014 @ 6:26pm CST
Stormrider wrote:

Looks OK to me:

And just for kicks!

Remember, a lot of people had problems with the width of MP Sideswipe's chest relative to the animation model. When all's said and done, I think Wheeljack will be an excellent addition to the MP lineup.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1540707)
Posted by Grifter Prime on January 9th, 2014 @ 10:55pm CST
FINALLY!!!!!!WE GOT AN IMAGE!!!

Ending Soon On eBay

2007 HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS MOVIE--AUTOBOT RESCUE RATCHET FIGURE (NEW) - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 54 minutes 32 seconds
Ironhide - 1984 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Nissan Van Action Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 31 minutes 10 seconds
2007 HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS MOVIE--DECEPTICON INCINERATOR FIGURE (LOOK) - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 43 minutes 1 second
2003 Transformers Universe MicroMasters Series 1 Streetwise - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 29 minutes 39 seconds
2014 HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS COMBINED WARS--ARMADA MEGATRON FIGURE (NEW) - Time Remaining: 7 days 16 hours 31 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers - Cybertron - Mudflap - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 3 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Universe - Hardhead - Exclusive - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 12 minutes 29 seconds
1984 HASBRO G1 TRANSFORMERS INSECTICON KICKBACK COMPLETE IN BOX ~VGC ~L@@K! - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 21 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive