New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight

Transformers News: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight

Monday, September 10th, 2012 8:53PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,370

With just a few hours until the deadline expires for TFCC's new subscription service they've tweeted a trio of images from the set. Check out the images of Breakdown, Circuit, Slipstream, Ultra Mammoth, and Scourge below. The deadline to sign up is midnight central time.

Click the link below to subscribe:

Re: TFCC Transformers Figure Subscription Service (TFSS) Press Release - Deadline Sept 10

Credit(s): TFCC, daimchoc
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418814)
Posted by STngAR on September 10th, 2012 @ 9:07pm CDT
I cannot wait for Ultra Mammoth to arrive at my door! HELL YEAH!! :MAXIMAL:
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418821)
Posted by xyl360 on September 10th, 2012 @ 9:16pm CDT
STngAR wrote:I cannot wait for Ultra Mammoth to arrive at my door! HELL YEAH!! :MAXIMAL:

THIS^...x12!!!

Beast Wars!!!! :D
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418850)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 10th, 2012 @ 11:24pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'm a member already, and I would sign up for this if it had a different payment plan. I just can't afford it they way it is. If it was monthly payments of $50 or so, it would be fine. I wanted Jackpot, Breakdown, and Scourge mainly.

That was an issue for me. They do have a payment plan, but you have to pay a premium just to use it. I can understand if they said this is due to them paying some kind of fee to allow it to happen. But they said nothing more than it is part of their option.

Besides, you would think that they would say anything about that. But since they didn't, and I skipped on the set, I will just hope they do not repeat the number of fiascos and issues that came with their club/sets. :BOOM:
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418862)
Posted by LiKwid on September 11th, 2012 @ 12:20am CDT
xyl360 wrote:

THIS^...x12!!!

Beast Wars!!!! :D

You guys do realize these wont be released for quite some time right?
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418874)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on September 11th, 2012 @ 1:52am CDT

Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418903)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 11th, 2012 @ 9:29am CDT
[url=http: wrote:The TF Club[/url]"]25 years later a Matrix can be opened by a Magnus (or Ultra MAMMOTH as he is known now...)
BOOOOOOOOO!!! Ultra Mammoth is just Ultra Magnus in a new body.
:BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

New character intrigue just fell to old character boredom. >:oP >:oP >:oP
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418905)
Posted by Mkall on September 11th, 2012 @ 9:37am CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:I feel like I was over charged for shipping... Can anyone explain or confirm this?

Considering I can't see the images, I can't confirm either way.
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418915)
Posted by datguy86 on September 11th, 2012 @ 10:06am CDT
Mkall wrote:

Considering I can't see the images, I can't confirm either way.

Considering it's from the TFCC - Yes. You were overcharged for shipping.
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418947)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on September 11th, 2012 @ 12:20pm CDT
sorry guys, let's try this again.

In the event that these images do not show up, I went with the default shipping option:

Post Office Domestic Priority Mail: For 2 installments $20.90, 1 $10.45

The second image shows my confirmation page (right before purchase):

3 installments of $94.00 = $282.00

Total Shipping for all 3 installments... $62.70...

Now If I recall correctly, there are only 3 installments that will be shipped and the first 2 are paid for together leaving 1 more that should only cost $10.45 to ship. so where is the additional $31.35 coming from.

And don't get me started on the "Online processing fee"

Seems Legit... :michaelbay:
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418954)
Posted by mooncake623 on September 11th, 2012 @ 12:53pm CDT
I think I'm going to get me a green giant with the money not spent on this...
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418959)
Posted by Mkall on September 11th, 2012 @ 1:15pm CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:

Post Office Domestic Priority Mail: For 2 installments $20.90, 1 $10.45

The second image shows my confirmation page (right before purchase):

3 installments of $94.00 = $282.00

Total Shipping for all 3 installments... $62.70...

You forget that there's extra logistics involved in getting the figure from the massive shipping crates that will arrive at TFCC, or its distributor, on its way to you. Mostly paying some guy to prep an individual shipping box, grab a figure from the bin, place figure into the shipping box, attach shipping labels, then place it into the "out" box.

So yeah, it's probably accurate, but more expensive than what it would cost USPS due to middlemen.
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418972)
Posted by Bounti76 on September 11th, 2012 @ 1:50pm CDT
I never thought I'd say this, but I think Slipstream needs some lipstick.. black or purple...the head is a little too unisex without it.
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418973)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on September 11th, 2012 @ 1:52pm CDT
Wowzers... I dread to think what the shipping to the UK would be. I have never seen more expensive shipping for comparable items than TFCC. I would expect hand delivery for the prices they charge, so good job none of this set is essential to have IMO.
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418982)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on September 11th, 2012 @ 2:10pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:

Post Office Domestic Priority Mail: For 2 installments $20.90, 1 $10.45

The second image shows my confirmation page (right before purchase):

3 installments of $94.00 = $282.00

Total Shipping for all 3 installments... $62.70...

If that was the case, TFCC would have listed handling on the invoice, my concern is that the total shipping price costs twice as much as it should. What I'm saying is that based on the math involved, the shipping for all 3 installments will total $31.35. They shouldn't come out to $62.70. And a handling cost wouldn't cost exactly as much as the shipping and is typically built into the price of the figure itself since this is a retail establishment after all.
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1418991)
Posted by redoutlander on September 11th, 2012 @ 2:30pm CDT

this is from the TFCC main page:

4. You can either pay In Full or by Installment. There will be 3 installments. When you subscribe and choose pay by Installment, you will be billed for the first two months’ shipments. Then sometime during the second month, you will be billed for the 3rd and 4th months’ shipments and sometime during the 4th month you will be billed for the final 2 months’ shipments.

5. The figures will be shipped in random order. All members receive the same figures each month. So if you don't mind, when you get your shipment each month, PLEASE do not go online and tell what you received. We want each shipment to be a surprise for as many members as possible.
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1419039)
Posted by LiKwid on September 11th, 2012 @ 5:03pm CDT
So TFC Uranus and Fansproject menasor it is then...
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1419042)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on September 11th, 2012 @ 5:09pm CDT
redoutlander wrote:You are paying for Six transfomresr mailed one at a time. So you pay 94 for the first two transfomers (month one and month two) and Shipping (month one and month two) at 10.45 each. thus the 62.70 total shipping fee. So basicly We will be getting One Transformer EACH month for six months and Will need to make aditinal payments durring the Second and Fourth Months.

this is from the TFCC main page:

Nailed it. Dude this is all the info I was missing, thank you. For some reason I was under the impression we were getting 3 sets of 2 (probably because of the installments. My mind is at ease.
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1419051)
Posted by redoutlander on September 11th, 2012 @ 5:33pm CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:

this is from the TFCC main page:

Yea no problem! The Shipping costs are a little much but hey We get Exclusives mailed to us for six months! This is the first set like this I don’t have to pay scalpers. Next year will be good.
Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1419981)
Posted by QBKiller94 on September 13th, 2012 @ 9:09pm CDT
I've gotta be honest, i'd rather save my $300 and buy one really good Masterpiece figure or a bunch of Prime figures. There are only one or two TFCC figures that look decent and the base price and shipping costs are unreal. Exclusive or not, it's not even remotely worth it to me.

Re: New TFSS Images, Deadline Expires at Midnight (1420010)
Posted by Mkall on September 13th, 2012 @ 10:40pm CDT
QBKiller94 wrote:I won't be renewing my TFCC membership next year. It's wildly overpriced. I liked my membership figure this year, but it's a $12 figure for a $40 membership price. I can afford it, but I'd rather save my money for quality figures.

I'm sorry to be quoting you, as this is not directed specifically at you; but anyone who makes this strawman argument. This is not a $12 dollar figure, this figure is priced pretty accurately at whatever it is. You're rolling your eyes and thinking I'm an apologist or whatever and you're probably going to stop reading here. But should you continue I shall explain. For the sake of argument, I'm going to compare TFSS Circuit to Hasbro's Banzai-Tron. A straight repaint, not factorin in extra costs such as new headmolding.

1) There will be fewer Circuits made than Banzai-Trons, probably in the amount of tens of thousands. That means production costs will have to be covered over a fewer number of figures.

2) It costs the same amount of money to set up a manufaturing line for TFCC's Circuit vs Hasbro's Banzai-Tron. I don't know what that number is, I've heard anything from $50,000 to 1 million before the first completed figure rolls out of the line. This takes into account
--communication with the factory
--instructing the factory workers on what is required
--retreiving the proper molds and prepping all the consumables (plastic, paint etc)
--starting the line
The flip side of course is that with a shorter product line some costs can be saved
--Less money is spent on worker hours
--Transportation costs might be cheaper
--less consumables such as plastic will ultimately be consumed. Why did I not mention paint? Read on.

3) Circuit will require more paint apps than Banzai Tron. TFCC stated at a previous Botcon (2010?) that one of their deluxe figures has on average twice the amount of paint apps than the Hasbro figure it used. Such detail work actually requires skilled (perhaps it should be called less-unskilled) labour and more time than a Hasbro figure.

4) Distribution. Hasbro bulk ships to stores and washes their hands of the whole thing. TFCC needs to receive those bulk shipping containers and individually get them into smaller boxes (another consumable) and then get them to their customer. As this is done in the US, minimum-wage labour is required which is much more expensive that that used in China.

All in all it adds up. Compare this to other exclusive repaint figures and you'll see that these are some of the cheapest on the market right now.

I don't care if you don't want the figures, it is your oppinion/collection/money after all, but you justify it poorly.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Henkei Classics: C-09 Sideswipe Lambo Figure takara tomy - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 7 minutes 52 seconds
TransFormers TFCC 2003 BotCon Exclusive Universe G1 SideSwipe RID Lambo MIB - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 52 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Universe KING ATLAS Figure NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 37 minutes 24 seconds
2007 Transformers Ultimate Bumblebee - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 52 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Cybertron - Inferno Henkei Takara SC03 - Super Link Complete RARE - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 55 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Cybertron - Rodimus Convoy Takara SC10 - Super Link Complete RARE - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 40 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Headrobots Universe Onslaught Butcher Upgrade Kit Custom - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 12 minutes 32 seconds
1984 Transformers G1 Perceptor Microscope Action Figure -No Blaster NM - Time Remaining: 4 days 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory