New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon

Transformers News: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 11:34AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 46,591

We have four new additions to the Transformers United section of the world famous Seibertron.com toy gallery. Below you will find high quality galleries of the recently released United repaints: UN-28 Axalon, UN-29 Ark Unicron, UN-30 Optimus Primal, and UN-31 Beast Megatron.

Ark Unicron (Deluxe Class)
Transformers United

Beast Megatron (Deluxe Class)
Transformers United

Optimus Primal (Deluxe Class)
Transformers United

Axalon (Deluxe Class)
Transformers United

Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365372)
Posted by Seibertron on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:40am CDT

Well played Takara Tomy, well played.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365373)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:41am CDT
I know they done it once before, but I really wish they'd release Beasts Megatron and Prime by incorporating them into the Generations line! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365382)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:53am CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365383)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:55am CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:In one of the pictures there, deluxe unicron is situated in front of the supreme so that the supreme unicron looks horny :grin:

Dood, that's messed up. >:oP
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365385)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:58am CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365393)
Posted by RhA on April 3rd, 2012 @ 12:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I've been wondering, since they look so similar, what are the color differences between the BW 10th Anniversary Optimus Primal and United Optimus Primal toys?

:lol: The crotch on the united version is missassembled for one.

No really, I thought it was just my Primal, but this one also seems to have a faulty crotch. Nothing a screwdriver can't fox, BTW.

I re-screwed his crotch. It's fine now.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365394)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 3rd, 2012 @ 12:11pm CDT

I'd say the colors are exactly the same. However, United Optimus Primal, nor Beast Megatron have their insignias as far as I can tell.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365397)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14pm CDT
RhA wrote:I re-screwed his crotch. It's fine now.

-opens mouth in preparation of a joke, thinks about it, then closes it-
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365427)
Posted by Anonymous. on April 3rd, 2012 @ 1:06pm CDT
[color=teal]Cyber Keys make me sick...

Axalon looks nice, could've got him on Sunday but picked UNpath instead. [/color]
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365434)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2012 @ 1:16pm CDT
Serious missed opportunity on making Axalon be "Nemesis" instead. ;)
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365437)
Posted by Seibertron on April 3rd, 2012 @ 1:30pm CDT
RhA wrote:

:lol: The crotch on the united version is missassembled for one.

I re-screwed his crotch. It's fine now.

What's wrong with the crotch on Primal? Odd you should mention this because I was thinking while photographing these that the United version of Optimus Primal was the most stable version ... it didn't flop around as much in the upper leg area, especially when holding the surfboard cannon thingy-ma-jig in robot mode.

As for the differences, United Optimus Primal has a slightly darker shade of red, which might be difficult to see in the photos. The Beast Wars 10th Anniversary version has the Maximal symbol on the left side of the beast mode's butt, whereas the United version doesn't have any faction symbol.

(In the above photo, United Optimus is on the left, BW10 is on the right. They are reversed in the following photo.)

Oddly, United Beast Megatron has the Decepticon faction symbol on it's right hip/upper leg, whereas the Predacon faction symbol is on the opposite side on the BW10 version.

Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365441)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 3rd, 2012 @ 1:44pm CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365467)
Posted by RhA on April 3rd, 2012 @ 2:41pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

This.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Well, saving myself €55 ($70-$75) by skipping the United beasts then. I want both my Primal and Megs to have either no symbols, or their correct symbols, thank you.

Looking at my UN Primal, I can't find any faction symbol on either him or the surfboard.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365469)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 3rd, 2012 @ 2:48pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I love how Ark Unicron is an homage to the Hasbro released Amazon.com exclusive Unicron, and not the Takara Tomy released 2010 Unicron.

Well played Takara Tomy, well played.

I thought that was a little odd, but I have to say it made me want Ark Unicron just a little more... I'd still rather pay for the original Cybertron toy though. :lol:

Gotta say this batch of repaints is one of the stranger waves Takara has done lately. :-?
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365477)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 3rd, 2012 @ 3:00pm CDT
RhA wrote:

Meaning I want both of them to have their correct symbols, or none at all. Seeing as Beast Megatron has a :CON: symbol, and Primal has none, I'm in favor of the original BW 10th Anniversary releases.

I know, picky picky... :roll:
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365509)
Posted by craggy on April 3rd, 2012 @ 4:14pm CDT
Not really a fan of the Decepticon symbol on Predacon Megatron. The Decepticons already have at least one Megatron and he doesn't seem like the sort to share names. :P Other than that though, it's fantastic. Best looking version of the mold, for sure.

Primal isn't worth the money for me. The surfboard thing just seems like wasted plastic and it isn't that cool of a redesign. I still have Optimal Optimus and inexplicably blue BM Primal if I want a monkey prime, and really, I tend to use Armada Prime as a vehicle mode version of the Primal character usually anyway.

Unicron isn't something I'm interested in at all really. Looks ok, but not my Kup of tea really. He's too wee.

Axalon has a great mold and a pretty nice colour scheme as well. Nowhere near as cool as the Botcon Sharkticons mind you, but still pretty nice. In fact, seeing the comparison pic, all versions of that toy look good. And I still don't have one. :( Don't think I'll get this one though.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365550)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on April 3rd, 2012 @ 6:04pm CDT

Behold! The Wang of Unicron!

:lol:
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365611)
Posted by alternator77 on April 3rd, 2012 @ 9:20pm CDT
cant wait to see the other 28 :roll:
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365614)
Posted by Rated X on April 3rd, 2012 @ 9:27pm CDT
Dark Optimum Supreme wrote:

Behold! The Wang of Unicron!

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure if you did that on purpose, but the added humor is always a pleasure here. Great galleries as always. ;)
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Ark Unicron, Beast Megatron, Optimus Primal, & Axalon (1365615)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2012 @ 9:36pm CDT
alternator77 wrote:well with the foc figures and these guys that makes 12 of the promised 40 figs for generations
cant wait to see the other 28 :roll:
How do you figure? These are Japanese toys for the United toyline, not Generations. And, we already got these toy molds in the Energon, Cybertron, and Beast Wars 10th Anniversary toylines.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering