Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack

Transformers News: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack

Monday, March 26th, 2012 12:13PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 38,186

The latest updates to the galleries of Seibertron.com come from the Orient, with three bright variants of Hasbro's Generations figures under Takara's line, United. The first is UN-23 Rodimus Convoy/Prime, featuring bright and dark red accents. This is the fifth Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, and the ninth official use of the mold. United Rodimus Prime differs from his predecessors as this mold features retooling, allowing for Arms Micron to dock with it. Secondly we have UN-16 Blurr, a repaint of Generations Blurr featuring bright teal metallics. While Generations Blurr hints at G1 Blurr, Takara's prominently teal paint scheme homages Blurr's appearance in the IDW Publishing comics. And last, but certainly not least is UN-19 Wheeljack, a variant of Generations Wheeljack, who features darker green and red metallics, as well as other slight variations. Check out the galleries below!

Rodimus Prime (Deluxe Class)
Transformers United

Blurr (Deluxe Class)
Transformers United

Wheeljack (Deluxe Class)
Transformers United

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1362442)
Posted by RhA on March 26th, 2012 @ 12:31pm CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1362447)
Posted by Blurrz on March 26th, 2012 @ 12:48pm CDT
RhA wrote:It's a rare instance... But I like Generations Blurr more than his United counterpart.

Nah. United Blurr is the boss. All the fembots dig him.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1362469)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 26th, 2012 @ 2:48pm CDT
United Blurr looks too bland, not enough detail. I pretty much prefer the Hasbro versions to all of these, although the first Henkei version of Rodimus was perhaps the best deco. Regardless, it's always nice to see comparisons in the galleries. :D
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1362499)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 26th, 2012 @ 4:35pm CDT
I have United Rodimus Prime, and he's basically a glorified RtS Rodimus in most aspects. I love him though, he joins Classics Ultra Magnus in the "Naked Leaders Club" :lol:
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1362642)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 27th, 2012 @ 4:50am CDT
I'm sorry, but I still reckon Generations Wheeljack kicks the crap out of the United version. Strange but there you go.

And thank you Seibertron. Once again your brilliant galleries have reassured my decision in ordering a figure: United Rodimus this time. Wish it'd hurry up and arrive.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1362657)
Posted by Shadowstream on March 27th, 2012 @ 6:27am CDT
So, no comparison of United Rod with the Protector? Not that I care, but I thought it would be nice to see how the colors work.

Blurrz wrote:Nah. United Blurr is the boss. All the fembots dig him.

You would say that.

Also please stop mistransforming him like that! It looks hideous! :SICK:
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1362672)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 27th, 2012 @ 8:07am CDT
That's exactly how I transform my Blurr. I make it a point of making all of my same mold repaints display in different ways. With Skyshadow, I don't unfold the wings and have the guns pointing down, with Skullgrin, I don't transform the pieces that go over the shoulder, I leave them where they are and have different guns on the clips, Junkheap has his shoulder tire pointing down, Wreckgar is up etc. It really helps the display instead of saying it's the same body with a different head and paint job.

Nice galleries as usual.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1362719)
Posted by Shadowstream on March 27th, 2012 @ 11:50am CDT
Understandable, but that doesn't mean it looks any good.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1377125)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on May 5th, 2012 @ 10:23am CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1377132)
Posted by Seibertron on May 5th, 2012 @ 11:18am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:The photography on this site has really come on leaps and bounds (not to say that the older galleries aren't good as well!) The pictures of United Blurr are brilliant, particularly this one

Thanks Banjo-Tron. I appreciate the compliment. Lots of love goes into these pics!
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1377216)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on May 5th, 2012 @ 5:21pm CDT
I do not like the way parts of Roddy are darker than the rest. Looks bad, especially as a car.

Blurr looks really slick in car mode, but bot mode looks like they forgot a bunch of paint apps, way too plain. The pic of Gen Blurr really points this out.

Jackie, looks great either way, I don't have strong feelings about either deco over the other.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1377448)
Posted by craggy on May 6th, 2012 @ 5:16pm CDT
excellent pics, but i too would have liked to see this rodimus in the protector armour to compare it to the henkei and battle in space versions. it looks terrible in normal vehicle mode, but if the colours match protector ok, i'd maybe get it to replace the ko looking multipack one i currently have wearing the armour.

wheeljack is a no-contest though. united version has a less appealing colour of green and layout of the stripes. generations for the win there.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1377449)
Posted by Kibble on May 6th, 2012 @ 5:26pm CDT
craggy wrote:
blurr has me conflicted. i like the generations vehicle mode more, and honestly, the majority of the colours, but the lack of black makes him very tempting over his hasbro counterpart. head looks a bit nicer in the darker blue too..

I'm the opposite, I like United's alt mode better, but like Gen's bot mode better.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1377476)
Posted by craggy on May 6th, 2012 @ 7:23pm CDT
Kibble wrote:
craggy wrote:

Ah see, I like Gen's bot mode too, particularly that the different blues are more distinct, it's just those darned black arms that put me off every time I see them, and the blue ones on United's look so much better. Replace all the black plastic on the Gen version with the blue from United's and maybe swap the head, and he'd be perfect.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1377507)
Posted by korisifu on May 6th, 2012 @ 8:57pm CDT
craggy wrote:
Kibble wrote:
craggy wrote:

All of this I agree with 100%, I was regretting getting the Generations Blurr until I made it to the comparison pics. Now to see how Reprolabels' set for him looks.
Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1377510)
Posted by Seibertron on May 6th, 2012 @ 9:05pm CDT
korisifu wrote:
craggy wrote:
Kibble wrote:
craggy wrote:

This was the only comparison pic I ever needed. In my book, Generations Blurr wins hands down as being the best homage to the original Blurr. I'm not a fan of the United Blurr. Fun to have for the sake of comparisons, but Hasbro did Blurr the best justice with their version.

Re: New Toy Galleries: United Rodimus Prime, Blurr and Wheeljack (1377520)
Posted by korisifu on May 6th, 2012 @ 9:49pm CDT