Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor

Transformers News: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor

Monday, January 10th, 2011 10:56AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 81,520

A Yahoo Japan auction has been posted for another upcoming Dark of the Moon figure, this time it's the #88 Green/White Chevy Impala Race Car, but without the armor seen on set.

Instead, the figure appears to sport a roof mounted spiked claw gimmick.

No pictures of robot mode yet, but stick with Seibertron.com for more Dark of the Moon toy news as it happens! Also, in case you missed it, this seller, Nihaohuwen, also has images of DOTM Voyager Ironhide in Robot and Vehicle modes.
Credit(s): Nihaohuwen
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167705)
Posted by El Duque on January 10th, 2011 @ 11:07am CST
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167715)
Posted by Blurrz on January 10th, 2011 @ 11:17am CST
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167723)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 10th, 2011 @ 11:24am CST
Blurrz wrote:I know it's legends, and that's fine. But wow, it looks like butt. Waiting on a better deluxe toy.

Huh? Looks like a deluxe to me, way too much detail and panel lines to be a legends. Looks interesting, I like it. I wonder who it'll be? If these three end up being DOTM's Twins (way too much screentime), I'm okay with that.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167726)
Posted by Blurrz on January 10th, 2011 @ 11:26am CST
Ah, the wheels threw me off for a second. So.... that's a pretty crappy looking Deluxe. Hope the armor beefs it up a bit.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167751)
Posted by Catalyst_Prime on January 10th, 2011 @ 11:53am CST
This looks pretty sweet but it sucks that it doesn't have all of the decals.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167769)
Posted by King Slick on January 10th, 2011 @ 12:40pm CST
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167772)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 10th, 2011 @ 12:53pm CST
He looks naked.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167779)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 10th, 2011 @ 1:14pm CST
There had better be a whole other package full of armor for these things on the final version because I am really not impressed. Doesn't even come close to matching the on set pictures. I'm not talking about just the armor, the whole body style seems off. It's too long as a bare vehicle and will become considerably longer if armor is added, making it look nothing like the on-screen version. I'll wait and see the final version before entirely condemning this product but it's first, rough appearance isn't exactly flooring me.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167782)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on January 10th, 2011 @ 1:21pm CST
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167793)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 10th, 2011 @ 1:49pm CST
Swiftknife24 wrote:Seems like the three Wreckers will have a 'before' and 'after' look...Going by the clean-car toy and the souped-up Death-Racer looks...

That's what I suspect.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167800)
Posted by Mykltron on January 10th, 2011 @ 2:13pm CST
It seems to be the same pattern as for the first two films: the decent toys get released much later, all the toys we see before the film release are poor.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167868)
Posted by jlogano20 on January 10th, 2011 @ 5:32pm CST

geez i hope im a big nascar fan and this looks too bland and missing alot but meh ill get it either way but still
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167901)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on January 10th, 2011 @ 7:11pm CST
jlogano20 wrote:

So...You don't know if you're a NASCAR fan? :P

(Sounds odd...Must've missed something...)
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167912)
Posted by LiKwid on January 10th, 2011 @ 8:15pm CST
King Slick wrote:I hope that's just an early prototype. Otherwise no buy on any of the "NASCons"...I'm calling it, the NASCAR dudes are Bay's version's of the Stunticons...or to better respect to the original Stunticons who could kick Bay's version's rear quarter-panels any day...the NASCons.

In the footage we saw while they were shooting in chicago the "wreckers" seemed to be fighting alongside the autobots so I think the term "NASbots" works better ;)
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167940)
Posted by jlogano20 on January 10th, 2011 @ 9:37pm CST
Swiftknife24 wrote:
jlogano20 wrote:

So...You don't know if you're a NASCAR fan? :P

(Sounds odd...Must've missed something...)

no i mean it is missing alot so it looks weird to me since its missing it and its bland heres the real car dale earnhardt jr's #88 amp national guard impala 3 year hendrick motorsports
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167942)
Posted by OptiMagnus on January 10th, 2011 @ 9:41pm CST

By the way, have any of you who happen to be NASCAR freaks notice that these cars seem to be using the new NASCAR Nationwide Series body and spoiler rather than the Sprint Cup Series design?
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167966)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 10th, 2011 @ 10:31pm CST
OptiMagnus10 wrote:This definitely appears to be a prototype. I'm almost positive the real toy will be less "bland".

Just being somewhat of a fringe fan (one of my older brothers is the "die-hard fan" in the family) I did notice that something was off with the design but just couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for bringing this point up. This may be an issue for me insofar as getting one of these for the purposes of doing an accurate repaint of a retired car. Well, the updated car and it's sponsor are still running but Rusty isn't behind the wheel and hasn't been for quite a while.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1167982)
Posted by quickmixed on January 10th, 2011 @ 11:49pm CST
If this is the actual final product then Reprolabels will save the day!

That being said I dont follow the Nascar that much down here in Aus so Im not overly fussed with a non accurate Nascar. But I would prefer to see a more screen accurate one. If hasbro skimp on the decals and detailing well thats just being lazy. Lazy Hasbro.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1168251)
Posted by jlogano20 on January 11th, 2011 @ 6:00pm CST

yes i oticed the spoiler thing early on the #48 legends figure
oh hasbro #-o
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1168266)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 11th, 2011 @ 6:38pm CST
Interesting how Hasbro's getting (some) sponsor logos on these guys. I kinda expected them to use false companies (all obscure references to some TF lore/Hasbro products).
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1168288)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on January 11th, 2011 @ 7:20pm CST
jlogano20 wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:
jlogano20 wrote:

So...You don't know if you're a NASCAR fan? :P

(Sounds odd...Must've missed something...)

Ohhh, I getcha now...I read it wrong! XD *Clears throat* as we were! :P
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1168338)
Posted by OptiMagnus on January 11th, 2011 @ 9:04pm CST
jlogano20 wrote:

yes i oticed the spoiler thing early on the #48 legends figure
oh hasbro #-o

Also, the front fascia is wider than the Cup car with the wide grille decal and small headlights like the Nationwide car. The rear windows are also smaller like the Nationwide car.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1169889)
Posted by OlivusPrime on January 16th, 2011 @ 10:25am CST
Anyone else notice that the transformation lines on this toy match the ones on the resin prototype car seen a short while ago? Looks like #88 is the visor-faced dude (Roadbuster!!!).
Don't really mind about the sponsorship decals, I just hope the final toy is green rather than black.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1169899)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on January 16th, 2011 @ 10:55am CST
jlogano20 wrote:need i say more and hello u should be able to tell im a nascar fan by my username

Using proper punctuation might have helped. ;)
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1170118)
Posted by jlogano20 on January 16th, 2011 @ 7:13pm CST
Midnight_Fox wrote:

Using proper punctuation might have helped. ;)

please explain 8)
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1170138)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 16th, 2011 @ 8:06pm CST
El Duque wrote:You just beat me :P My dad loves Nascar, but can't figure our why I love TF's. I can finally show him some figures he will be interested in.

Yeah, The Wreckers (Those Nascar Autobots) are the ONLY DOTM toys I'm getting until I spot others I like, because currently, I collect G1, G2, and Generations :D
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1170146)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on January 16th, 2011 @ 8:27pm CST
jlogano20 wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:

Using proper punctuation might have helped. ;)

please explain 8)

I was joking around, but:

geez i hope im a big nascar fan

vs

geez i hope. im a big nascar fan

The first implies that you're hoping that you enjoy NASCAR(hence Swiftknife's post).

The second means what you were meaning to say.

In a textual medium of communication like a forum, spelling, grammar, and punctuation are important to convey what you mean.
Re: New Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Figure - #88 Race Car Without Armor (1170150)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 16th, 2011 @ 8:40pm CST
Midnight_Fox wrote:
jlogano20 wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:

Using proper punctuation might have helped. ;)

please explain 8)

I was joking around, but:

geez i hope im a big nascar fan

vs

geez i hope. im a big nascar fan

The second means what you were meaning to say.

Yeah, sometimes punctuation is important.....what am I saying, it's always important!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys