New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed!

Transformers News: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed!

Thursday, June 10th, 2010 7:04PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Cyber Bishop   Views: 36,425

New Seibertron member necromancer9823 brings us news from IGN Movies of the villain Decepticon in Transformers 3..

SHOCKWAVE!!!

Michael Bay has told USA Today that Shockwave will be in Transformers 3 and also it will be in 3D as well.

Everyone should check out this article.

Credit(s): necromancer9823,cannonfodder4000, Nemesis Hacker, Cingularman31, jynxer, MYoung23
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084725)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:10pm CDT
Front paged and credited.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084726)
Posted by sabrigami on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:14pm CDT
Really? I though Bay said no to 3d. Is this another one of his fibs? I just hope if it is true they make Shocky look respectable.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084729)
Posted by Zeds on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:18pm CDT
Holding my glee until I see what Shocky looks like. Promising though... :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084731)
Posted by Lastjustice on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:19pm CDT
Hopefully Corey Burton got the job then.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084735)
Posted by ShadowGinrai on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:21pm CDT
Adding Shockwave to the movie is the only logical thing to do. :lol: But seriously, my favorite Decepticon is going to be in TF3! Now all I need to see is Sixshot and Blitzwing.... :CON:
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084737)
Posted by JazZeke on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:23pm CDT
FINALLY!

I just hope this really IS Shockwave we'll see and not some generic one eyed villain with no character. Shockwave has some very distinct traits, I hope the writers don't try to reinvent the wheel like they did with Jetfire.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084738)
Posted by vectorA3 on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:28pm CDT
very excited & happy about Shockwave!!!! (so far) Hope he doesn't get butchered.

Not happy about 3D. Really not happy, it will more than most likely be post-converted & will look like s&*t (think Clash of the Titans). They've already started filming now & I doubt they're using the Fusion Camera system that Cameron used for Avatar. If TF3 were actually filmed in 3D, then I'd be excited, but as of now, I think they'll go cheap & post-convert it. Just an attempt at a cash grab. F that. I'll see it in Imax, but not feelin the 3D esp. if it's post-converted.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084741)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:33pm CDT
Finally, we'll get a movie-style toy of Shockwave.

I REALLY hope this isn't a lie...
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084746)
Posted by Galvatron X on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:45pm CDT
Lastjustice wrote:Hopefully Corey Burton got the job then.

Man, I hope so too. I was disappointed by Frank Welker's "un-digitized" voice in ROTF, but there's NO reason why they can't duplicate Corey's Shockwave in TF3.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084748)
Posted by JeffX on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:46pm CDT
I really don't care about the 3D part. However Shockwave is cool.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084751)
Posted by KingEmperor on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:49pm CDT
Wow. Just Wow. I love Shockwave. I wonder if he's gonna be like his first movie game counterpart. I doubt it, though. But I'm happy nonetheless. Hopefully this is true.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084752)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:53pm CDT
I'm none too pleased with this story.

1.) It's the end of the movie series, apparently. (Where does that leave us after 2011?)

2.) It had better be in 2-D as well as 3-D because I won't go watch it in 3-D, no thank you.

3.) The first movie was lackluster, the second one was good, but I don't want it to be the highpoint of the trilogy.

I like that Shockwave's going to be the villain, but seriously? None of the rest of the news sounds good. :(

Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084753)
Posted by Cheetron on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:57pm CDT
1 - I don't trust a word of of Bay's mouth.

2- Shockwave was in the first movie game, at least in the ps2 version. I hope they don't just copy that form.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084756)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 10th, 2010 @ 8:06pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I do worry about what the future holds in terms of TFs. Once the movies aren't there to bring in an audience, I wonder what Hasbro will do.

A reboot of the series with more accurate G1 looking bots..
Hell they seem to like to reboot everything (upcoming Spider Man, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hulk, Captain America {yes, there was a low budget late 80's movie}, etc..) so once Bayformers are done, someone else takes the reigns and gives us some G1 goodness..

Hey, it could happen.. TF has been around this long so it has staying power.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084757)
Posted by FanimusMaximus on June 10th, 2010 @ 8:08pm CDT
I have the dramatic Chipmunk look on my face. :shock:
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084758)
Posted by UltraPrimal on June 10th, 2010 @ 8:09pm CDT
Knowing Michael Bay, Shockwave will be voiced by Vegita, again.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084762)
Posted by i am Dj fLiP on June 10th, 2010 @ 8:11pm CDT
that's awesome that shockwave's in the movie!
but what about megatron? i mean he's alive and i think they'should make him galvatron!
hmm i have so much in my mind but i'll let it be, let's just hope this movie turns out to be the best out of the 3! :-?
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084764)
Posted by DeathBlast on June 10th, 2010 @ 8:14pm CDT
Great that everyone's favorite 1 eyed Decepticon Shockwave is getting his live action movie break. Could this mean Grimlock and crew will make their Prehistoric debut as well.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084771)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 10th, 2010 @ 8:22pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:

A reboot of the series with more accurate G1 looking bots..

Hey, it could happen.. TF has been around this long so it has staying power.

Oh, I'm certain we're destined for a reboot. Problem is, when it's time to do so, will anyone care? The better option is to have an ending that could tie up loose ends, but still leave a door open. That way a new director could step in and continue the story. Keep the same bots, add new ones, and change the humans.

And I saw the '80s Captain America. It was terrible. lol Ned Beatty was the only highlight of that film.

I'm not sure I want a straight G1 revival in the movies. I actually do like the universe the Bay movies have made, but I would like the heart and sweetness of G1 in the movies.

Optimus was a hero, Bumblebee was the plucky little hero who fought against impossible odds, etc.

This set of movies was more realistic, the world's response would be as Bay has shown us, but I kinda want fantasy.

I want the fantastical. That's what makes TFs tick.
Re: New Transformers 3 Decepticon Villain Revealed! (1084773)
Posted by JazZeke on June 10th, 2010 @ 8:23pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:

A reboot of the series with more accurate G1 looking bots..

Hey, it could happen.. TF has been around this long so it has staying power.

Pretty much what I've been hoping for.

Ending Soon On eBay

TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MOVIE TFTM BLACK ARCEE W/ALLSPARK MOSC - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 7 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars TransMetals Optimal Optimus Prime Primal Hasbro Kenner - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 34 minutes 28 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON SCOURGE DRAGON WITH GOLD CYBER PLANET  KEY - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 7 minutes 8 seconds
TED-08 STEELJAW Transformers Adventure Series Robots In Disguise Takara 2015 New - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 52 minutes 18 seconds
New Transformers Masterpiece MP-11 Starscream Takara MISB - Time Remaining: 25 days 22 hours 22 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Combiner Wars NEW FreeShip - Time Remaining: 20 days 21 hours 52 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Prowl MP-04 Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 52 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech Roadbuster Autobot Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 7 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016