Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International

Transformers News: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International

Friday, January 3rd, 2014 8:19AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,632

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Entertainment Earth brings us word of a new set of Transformers mini-figures from Goldie International. This 30th Anniversary set will contain characters from Generations 1, the Movie Universe, and Transformers Prime. Each individual blister packed figure will also contain a puzzle piece. No images yet, but the various assortments can be found below.

  • Generation 1: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Ratchet
  • Movie: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Ratchet, and Sentinel Prime
  • Transformers Prime: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Ratchet, and Bulkhead

Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figure Wave 1 Case:

  • Each blister pack includes a puzzle piece to form a 3-D puzzle - collect them all!
  • Case includes 24 individually blister packed mini-figures.
  • Wave 1 mini-figures celebrating the 30th anniversary of Transformers!

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of your favorite Robots in Disguise with these Transformers 30th Anniversary Wave 1 Mini-Figures! This case includes 24 individually blister packed mini-figures. Your favorites from Optimus Prime from Generation 1 to Megatron from the computer animated TV show Transformers: Prime are all here! Each mini-figure comes with a puzzle piece. Collect them all to form a 3-D puzzle of one of the characters!

This wave 1 case contains 24 individually blister packed mini-figures (subject to change)
3x Optimus Prime (Generation 1)
3x Optimus Prime (Prime)
3x Optimus Prime (Movie)
2x Megatron (Generation 1)
2x Megatron (Prime)
2x Megatron (Movie)
1x Starscream (Generation 1)
1x Starscream (Prime)
1x Starscream (Movie)
1x Soundwave (Generation 1)
1x Ratchet (Generation 1)
1x Ratchet (Prime)
1x Ratchet (Movie)
1x Bulkhead (Prime)
1x Sentinel (Movie)


Transformers 30th Anniversary Figure Wave 1 3-Pack Half Case:

  • Each 3-pack includes a puzzle piece to form a 3-D puzzle - collect them all!
  • Half case includes 6 individually packaged mini-figure 3-packs.
  • Wave 1 mini-figures celebrating the 30th anniversary of Transformers!

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of your favorite Robots in Disguise with these Transformers 30th Anniversary Wave 1 Mini-Figure 3-Packs! This half case includes 6 individually packaged mini-figure 3-packs. Each 3-pack focuses on 1 character from Transformers, and spans the entirety of the series to give you different looks of each, from Generation 1 through Transformers: Prime. Each 3-pack includes 1 puzzle piece to form a 3-D puzzle. Collect them all to complete the puzzle!

This half case contains 6 individually packaged mini-figure 3-packs (subject to change)
2x Optimus Prime
2x Megatron
1x Starscream
1x Ratchet


Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figure Wave 1 5-Pack Set:

  • Each 5-pack includes a puzzle piece to form a 3-D puzzle - collect them all!
  • Set includes 3 individually packaged mini-figure 5-packs.
  • Wave 1 mini-figures celebrating the 30th anniversary of Transformers!

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of your favorite Robots in Disguise with these Transformers 30th Anniversary Wave 1 Mini-Figure 5-Packs! This set includes 3 individually packaged mini-figure 5-packs. Each 5-pack focuses on a particular generation. For example, the Generation 1 five-pack contains 5 mini-figures of characters as they appeared in the first generation of the TV show and comic books. Each 5-pack includes 1 puzzle piece to form a 3-D puzzle. Collect them all to complete the puzzle!

This set contains 3 individually packaged mini-figure 5-packs (subject to change)
1x Generation 1
1x Prime
1x Movie
Credit(s): Entertainment Earth
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539121)
Posted by megatronus on January 3rd, 2014 @ 10:33am CST
Maybe it's just me, but it seems Hasbro is being overly ambitious with the 30th anniversary. Is anyone going to get these? I wonder what the actual size is going to be, and whether they'll be targeted to adults or kids.
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539129)
Posted by It Is Him on January 3rd, 2014 @ 11:15am CST
megatronus wrote:Maybe it's just me, but it seems Hasbro is being overly ambitious with the 30th anniversary. Is anyone going to get these? I wonder what the actual size is going to be, and whether they'll be targeted to adults or kids.


Nothing wrong with being ambitious.
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539131)
Posted by megatronus on January 3rd, 2014 @ 11:24am CST
It Is Him wrote:
megatronus wrote:Maybe it's just me, but it seems Hasbro is being overly ambitious with the 30th anniversary. Is anyone going to get these? I wonder what the actual size is going to be, and whether they'll be targeted to adults or kids.


Nothing wrong with being ambitious.

Overly is the key word here.
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539138)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 3rd, 2014 @ 12:35pm CST
Depends on what the style will be. Will they be crappy things like Kreons or will they be pretty detailed and accurate little models.
If it's the later I might get them.
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539156)
Posted by ScottyP on January 3rd, 2014 @ 2:07pm CST
^ While I really like Kreons, I'll agree that we don't need something else like them. Also with 24 of them, hopefully they're in the $3-$4 range. This licensed stuff is hit or miss. Mighty Muggs were cool, but most of the stuff since then (looking at you, Loyal Subjects) is drastically overpriced.
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539160)
Posted by It Is Him on January 3rd, 2014 @ 2:20pm CST
megatronus wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
megatronus wrote:Maybe it's just me, but it seems Hasbro is being overly ambitious with the 30th anniversary. Is anyone going to get these? I wonder what the actual size is going to be, and whether they'll be targeted to adults or kids.


Nothing wrong with being ambitious.

Overly is the key word here.


Ambition in any form is a very good thing. Be honest here, what is your problem with Hasbro creating mini figs?
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539165)
Posted by megatronus on January 3rd, 2014 @ 3:00pm CST
It Is Him wrote:
megatronus wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
megatronus wrote:Maybe it's just me, but it seems Hasbro is being overly ambitious with the 30th anniversary. Is anyone going to get these? I wonder what the actual size is going to be, and whether they'll be targeted to adults or kids.


Nothing wrong with being ambitious.

Overly is the key word here.


Ambition in any form is a very good thing. Be honest here, what is your problem with Hasbro creating mini figs?

I would disagree about your statement about ambition - that's a matter of opinion, not fact. I don't have a "problem," but my concern is that Hasbro is not creating them. This is a licensing deal.

Between the non-transforming Ultimetal Prime and the non-transforming Scorponok, Kids Logic Prime, the Loyal Subjects products, and now these (among other licensed products), it feels like Hasbro is overextending themselves in order to flood the market with product for the 30th anniversary. And when you flood the market like that, quality is of no guarantee.

So yea, that's it in a nutshell. >:oP

Maybe this is a way to supplement other efforts to combat 3rd Party competition. And maybe these things will be super awesome, but it seems like Hasbro has a lot on their plates, and I hope we don't see waves of bad product as a result. [Shrug]
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539168)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 3rd, 2014 @ 3:11pm CST
OK, I just checked google for Goldy International to get a look at what kind of stuff they produce, so far so good.
All the things I've seen till now are based on cult classic video games (Mario, Pack-Man etc) and I gotta say, they all look like quality. They aren't SD ore "cute" renditions, they simply look like detailed and accurate representations of the characters.

I'm actually somewhat exited about these now. :D
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539169)
Posted by It Is Him on January 3rd, 2014 @ 3:28pm CST
megatronus wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
megatronus wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
megatronus wrote:Maybe it's just me, but it seems Hasbro is being overly ambitious with the 30th anniversary. Is anyone going to get these? I wonder what the actual size is going to be, and whether they'll be targeted to adults or kids.


Nothing wrong with being ambitious.

Overly is the key word here.


Ambition in any form is a very good thing. Be honest here, what is your problem with Hasbro creating mini figs?

I would disagree about your statement about ambition - that's a matter of opinion, not fact. I don't have a "problem," but my concern is that Hasbro is not creating them. This is a licensing deal.

Between the non-transforming Ultimetal Prime and the non-transforming Scorponok, Kids Logic Prime, the Loyal Subjects products, and now these (among other licensed products), it feels like Hasbro is overextending themselves in order to flood the market with product for the 30th anniversary. And when you flood the market like that, quality is of no guarantee.

So yea, that's it in a nutshell. >:oP

Maybe this is a way to supplement other efforts to combat 3rd Party competition. And maybe these things will be super awesome, but it seems like Hasbro has a lot on their plates, and I hope we don't see waves of bad product as a result. [Shrug]


Makes sense to me
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539192)
Posted by RhA on January 3rd, 2014 @ 4:36pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:OK, I just checked google for Goldy International to get a look at what kind of stuff they produce, so far so good.
All the things I've seen till now are based on cult classic video games (Mario, Pack-Man etc) and I gotta say, they all look like quality. They aren't SD ore "cute" renditions, they simply look like detailed and accurate representations of the characters.

I'm actually somewhat exited about these now. :D
I just did the same. It turns out my kids have some of their stuff. Solid toys and can be found in regular retail. So, uhm- Good. I guess.

Let's have some pictures!
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539443)
Posted by Caelus on January 5th, 2014 @ 4:15am CST
If these are small enough to fit on Heroclix dials, then yay!
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1539545)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 5th, 2014 @ 2:55pm CST
The website notes that these are "Wave 1." Hopefully we'll see the rest of the Prime cast from them. :D
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1544507)
Posted by El Duque on January 23rd, 2014 @ 5:53pm CST
Entertainment Earth has updated their pre-order page for the Transformers mini-figures from Goldie International. This 30th Anniversary set will contain characters from Generations 1, the Movie Universe, and Transformers Prime. Each individual blister packed figure will also contain a puzzle piece. Check out the official images of these little guys below, various assortments can be found below.

  • Generation 1: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Ratchet
  • Movie: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Ratchet, and Sentinel Prime
  • Transformers Prime: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Ratchet, and Bulkhead

Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figure Wave 1 Case:

  • Each blister pack includes a puzzle piece to form a 3-D puzzle - collect them all!
  • Case includes 24 individually blister packed mini-figures.
  • Wave 1 mini-figures celebrating the 30th anniversary of Transformers!

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of your favorite Robots in Disguise with these Transformers 30th Anniversary Wave 1 Mini-Figures! This case includes 24 individually blister packed mini-figures. Your favorites from Optimus Prime from Generation 1 to Megatron from the computer animated TV show Transformers: Prime are all here! Each mini-figure comes with a puzzle piece. Collect them all to form a 3-D puzzle of one of the characters!

This wave 1 case contains 24 individually blister packed mini-figures (subject to change)
3x Optimus Prime (Generation 1)
3x Optimus Prime (Prime)
3x Optimus Prime (Movie)
2x Megatron (Generation 1)
2x Megatron (Prime)
2x Megatron (Movie)
1x Starscream (Generation 1)
1x Starscream (Prime)
1x Starscream (Movie)
1x Soundwave (Generation 1)
1x Ratchet (Generation 1)
1x Ratchet (Prime)
1x Ratchet (Movie)
1x Bulkhead (Prime)
1x Sentinel (Movie)


Transformers 30th Anniversary Figure Wave 1 3-Pack Half Case:

  • Each 3-pack includes a puzzle piece to form a 3-D puzzle - collect them all!
  • Half case includes 6 individually packaged mini-figure 3-packs.
  • Wave 1 mini-figures celebrating the 30th anniversary of Transformers!

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of your favorite Robots in Disguise with these Transformers 30th Anniversary Wave 1 Mini-Figure 3-Packs! This half case includes 6 individually packaged mini-figure 3-packs. Each 3-pack focuses on 1 character from Transformers, and spans the entirety of the series to give you different looks of each, from Generation 1 through Transformers: Prime. Each 3-pack includes 1 puzzle piece to form a 3-D puzzle. Collect them all to complete the puzzle!

This half case contains 6 individually packaged mini-figure 3-packs (subject to change)
2x Optimus Prime
2x Megatron
1x Starscream
1x Ratchet


Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figure Wave 1 5-Pack Set:

  • Each 5-pack includes a puzzle piece to form a 3-D puzzle - collect them all!
  • Set includes 3 individually packaged mini-figure 5-packs.
  • Wave 1 mini-figures celebrating the 30th anniversary of Transformers!

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of your favorite Robots in Disguise with these Transformers 30th Anniversary Wave 1 Mini-Figure 5-Packs! This set includes 3 individually packaged mini-figure 5-packs. Each 5-pack focuses on a particular generation. For example, the Generation 1 five-pack contains 5 mini-figures of characters as they appeared in the first generation of the TV show and comic books. Each 5-pack includes 1 puzzle piece to form a 3-D puzzle. Collect them all to complete the puzzle!

This set contains 3 individually packaged mini-figure 5-packs (subject to change)
1x Generation 1
1x Prime
1x Movie


Image

Image

Image
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1544514)
Posted by megatronus on January 23rd, 2014 @ 6:13pm CST
Interesting.

At the very least, they make interesting desk fodder.
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1544515)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 23rd, 2014 @ 6:14pm CST
I guess Prime Bumblebee, Shockwave, Wheeljack, Soundwave, and Hardshell are "Wave Two."

Still love the looks'a'these guys.
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1544523)
Posted by Caelus on January 23rd, 2014 @ 6:40pm CST
Extremely disappointed. I was hoping for something that could be re-purposed for miniature gaming.
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1544533)
Posted by Blozor on January 23rd, 2014 @ 7:27pm CST
Why doesn't Hasbro just license Funko Pops and be done with it?
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1544539)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 23rd, 2014 @ 8:01pm CST
Is it just me, or do the Movieverse heads look better than the G1 heads? In terms of accuracy I mean.
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1544561)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 23rd, 2014 @ 8:51pm CST
Blozor wrote:Why doesn't Hasbro just license Funko Pops and be done with it?


I think they already did:

Image
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1544573)
Posted by TimothyR on January 23rd, 2014 @ 9:18pm CST
these are pretty neat..

but for the love of god, movie starscream is SILVER/GREY NOT TAN.. i don't get why they ever chose that color for his toys.
Re: New Transformers 30th Anniversary Mini-Figures from Goldie International (1544589)
Posted by Blozor on January 23rd, 2014 @ 10:55pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
Blozor wrote:Why doesn't Hasbro just license Funko Pops and be done with it?


I think they already did:

Image


Ok, of Transformers. Hopefully more than the three movie pops. There are some G1 characters who would make awsome pops. Shockwave? Dino Grimlock?
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014