New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub!

Transformers News: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub!

Thursday, March 24th, 2011 4:06PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 38,585

The Hub has unveiled it's 2011-2012 programming line up, and included are two Transformers series! While we already knew Transformers Prime was going to be picked up for a second season, today's unveiling revealed an all new Transformers series, Resuce Bots! You may recall we got a look at the new Rescue Bots figures at this year's Toy Fair.

"Rescue Bots" (Hub Original Series, working title)
Inspired by the iconic "Transformers" brand, a group of Autobots, too young to protect humanity alongside Optimus Prime and his team, are partnered with a close-knit human family of first responders. Together, they learn teamwork and heroism alongside their new human friends in this animated series produced by Hasbro Studios.

Credit(s): The Hub
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199366)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:12pm CDT
YES! I can't wait to see this! :twisted:
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199371)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:16pm CDT
I'm guessing they realized "Hey, Prime is a bit too mature for our usual audience. We need something a bit more kid friendly." which I'm all for. Prime can be a bit visceral at times.
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199372)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:16pm CDT
Not my cup of tea, but doesn't look too bad.
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199374)
Posted by First-Aid on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:19pm CDT
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199375)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:23pm CDT
Oh crap another kiddie transformers series. Why don't we just call them The Elmo Bots and send them off to kindergarten :evil:
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199376)
Posted by Heavy B on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:23pm CDT
hmmm, interesting
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199378)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:27pm CDT
Well now I wish I'd seen the Go-Go-GoBots cartoons so I could judge how this stacks up. Is all of that viewable on YouTube, subbed Japanese stuff included?

Was anyone else just a wee bit disappointed that this article wasn't about a TF series that was just new to The Hub? i.e. the second of MANY classic TF series that they secured the rights to rerun forever, be it Beast Wars, Animated, or Cybertron? Or for that matter, even G1 season 3 or TFTM?
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199379)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:28pm CDT
This is an excellent development! If Hasbro targets young kids with their own show, then maybe, just maybe, they will then turn Prime or another show after Prime into a more adult cartoon! (not like that ya pervs). But seriously, I want a dark CG Transformer show so bad!!! Like Robot Masters, but with plot!
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199381)
Posted by Crosshairs on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:29pm CDT
If this is based in the Prime universe it'll give me ONE reason to check it out. If this turns out to be Doratron i will bash it till the day i die. It'll be interesting to see how it actually turns out.

Learn to speak Cybertronian with Doratron! :grin: :BOT:
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199386)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:36pm CDT
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199387)
Posted by JetOptimus23 on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:41pm CDT
I can't see this kid friendly series tying in that much with Prime. Well, it's better than a show about the robot heroes. :D
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199390)
Posted by AutobotTrainer on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:46pm CDT
[color=#008000]As a dad of a 3 year old and a 1.5 year old, I'm happy to see this...with one condition:

They

MUST

TRANSFORM

IN SHOW

AND TOYS.[/color]
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199393)
Posted by Onslaught22 on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:50pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:Bingo! Start em young, I always said. I'm still proud of my nephew for learning the Transformers theme before the Alphabet song at age 3. 8)

LoL! I had my son doing the same, and all my wife does is shake her head in disapproval :P
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199414)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 24th, 2011 @ 5:27pm CDT
I'm all for this, because I agree that Prime isn't very suitable for young children. I think they should definitely make sure the toys transform though, because that's the point.
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199419)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 24th, 2011 @ 5:41pm CDT
Sounds adorable. I just hope they don't dumb it down. Kids are too dang smart. Prime is definitely not for little kids.

I think it's a great idea.
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199427)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on March 24th, 2011 @ 6:05pm CDT
Oooh... maybe this means that my Rescue Roy and the later Go-Go-Gobot toys might actually end up being worth what I paid for them. LOL
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199434)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 24th, 2011 @ 6:20pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:your kidding right? This is an april fools joke right? crap its still march, never going to have a good tf cartoon again are we? Maybe since this will be the kiddie cartoon hasbro will have no use for TF prime cancel it and give us a good cartoon thats more for the older crowed. All they need to do is watch gijoe resolute and do the same thing those guys did, its not that hard.

Uh...no. Because Transformers are a kid's toy anyway; so...no.
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199437)
Posted by G1 Smoketreader on March 24th, 2011 @ 6:22pm CDT
Who are the bad guys gonna be? Or will there be none and the RescueBots will just drive around their little sector like Thomas the Tank Engine and see who needs help taking out the trash and saving kittens from trees every day?

If they import bad guys to end up generating the needs for rescue missions, the education on how to cause harm is there, and as such,then there's no point in stopping kiddies from watching Prime and therefore no point in this [strike]advertisement[/strike] show.
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199445)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 24th, 2011 @ 6:45pm CDT
Movies: GIVE ME YOUR FACE
Prime: 'major' character brutally murdered in first five minutes

Yeah, I can see why Hasbro would try a more kid friendly approach.
Actually, I really love this idea of venerating heroes that don't have to kill anyone. Saving the day needn't involve shooting anyone up.
Re: New "Transformers Rescue Bots" kid oriented cartoon coming to The Hub! (1199448)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 24th, 2011 @ 6:50pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Movies: GIVE ME YOUR FACE
Prime: 'major' character brutally murdered in first five minutes

Yeah, I can see why Hasbro would try a more kid friendly approach.

YES IT DOES!