New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner--

Transformers News: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner--

Friday, January 16th, 2009 6:01PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 14,344

Red Mercury- Very busy as of late, website Red Mercury.co.jp has another first.

The website shows a new set of Marvel Crossovers that combine in alt mode. The two characters appear to be Spider-Man as a helicopter, and Iron-Man as a new type of flying craft. The two alt modes are shown combining together to make one ship.

You can view the original listing here, and check out the mirrored image below.

Discuss this interesting new event below.

Seibertron.com toy news

{L_IMAGE}
Credit(s): *Soundwave*, Red Mercury's website
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868209)
Posted by Starscream6 on January 16th, 2009 @ 6:11pm CST
ME WANT!
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868211)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 16th, 2009 @ 6:13pm CST
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868236)
Posted by primeoptimus on January 16th, 2009 @ 6:39pm CST
why would spider-man and ironman need to combine,here freaking superheroes.
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868240)
Posted by 1337W422102 on January 16th, 2009 @ 6:41pm CST
And here I was expecting an Iron-Spider robot mode...

PROTIP: It's written "Spider-Man" and "Iron Man." Careful, guys! :PEACE"
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868254)
Posted by Talous on January 16th, 2009 @ 7:04pm CST
I have a few of the toys from this line. Looking forward to seeing these and will probably pick them up.
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868256)
Posted by Valandar on January 16th, 2009 @ 7:05pm CST
Chaoslock wrote:It reminds me in style to the duocons... Still, it is the first Marvel crossover that looks cool.

Other than Captain America, that is. And until I see better shots of the robot modes, I withold judgement.
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868257)
Posted by rpetras on January 16th, 2009 @ 7:09pm CST
That looks pretty cool. :D
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868259)
Posted by typh0id on January 16th, 2009 @ 7:09pm CST
...

The plane and helicoptor snap together to make...a slightly bigger plane? That's it?

For some reason I immediately imagined a Devastator-type gestalt when I read "marvel crossover combiner"...Didn't notice that it was specifcally referring to just Spider-man and Iron Man...Guess I should read the headlines more closely cuz now I'm all disappointed :P
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868260)
Posted by Stormrider on January 16th, 2009 @ 7:12pm CST
primeoptimus wrote:why would spider-man and ironman need to combine,here freaking superheroes.

I was kind of surprised with the choice of characters too.
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868264)
Posted by 1337W422102 on January 16th, 2009 @ 7:20pm CST
Stormrider wrote:

I was kind of surprised with the choice of characters too.

Now a Colossus/Wolverine "Fastball Special" pack, on the other hand...
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868275)
Posted by *Soundwave* on January 16th, 2009 @ 7:37pm CST
1337W422102 wrote:PROTIP: It's written "Spider-Man" and "Iron Man." Careful, guys! :PEACE"

I know :P
I was just doing that to be certain that the title would show up whole :grin:
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868293)
Posted by Swiftpaw on January 16th, 2009 @ 8:09pm CST
Why couldn't the of done something less crappy like this for Jetfire/Jetstorm/Safeguard?
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868379)
Posted by First-Aid on January 16th, 2009 @ 10:54pm CST
I'll wait for hi-res pics before passing judgement...but I think they have a another winner in this lineup.
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868387)
Posted by Firebird on January 16th, 2009 @ 11:02pm CST
This actually doesn't look half bad.

I bought the first Iron Man, so I might buy this as well.
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868425)
Posted by ultra_magus on January 17th, 2009 @ 1:59am CST
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868430)
Posted by Lord T on January 17th, 2009 @ 2:56am CST
ultra_magus wrote:LOl I am such a NERD. Fisst thing I thought when I saw this was :-B 'yeah, right, like Spider-man and Iron man would EVER co-operate again after Tony screwed Peter during the whole ...'Civil War' ...thing... *ahem* :oops: Um, looks good though, surprisingly. I think I'd buy this, it's very G1. :)

You mean like what happened in Invincible Iron Man a couple of issues back? Yeah I think Spidey and Iron Man are back on.

And I think this looks very curious. I can't say Spidey really fits a copter but we'll see how the robots turn out.
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868483)
Posted by shadowtyger00 on January 17th, 2009 @ 7:09am CST
The new marvel croosovers have their strengths and weaknessess. Don't get me wrong they do capture my interest. But I'm beginning to find alot of repetative products being released. Think back to Star wars crossovers and how that line slowly declined to get what I mean.
Its getting quite boring. I understand people at Hasbro need to squeeze out alot of creative juices to create these figures. But I believe they can do better. Apart from the repaints being produced I've heard a few people whine about some of the figures. Example Hulk looks great in robot and tank mode. I've read how it can be better. I've seen a few pics of a megatron figure modified from the hulk figure and even though there has been only a simple addition made, the robot and tank mode looks much more cool. For those guys wondering, its at this webpage,
http://jin-saotome.deviantart.com/art/M ... 910.Simple yet appealing.
As for the spiderman and ironman combiners, from the low resolution spiderman heli mode looks nice like beast machines obsidian and ironman plane mode looks good but has a very close resemblence to stargate/stargate-sg1 guaold fighter jet.The combination looks interesting. But like other members I'll have to see how the hi res pics look.
And why does it have to be spiderman and iron man?Sure people love the popular marvel characters especially the superheroes and they will sell like hotcakes. But what about a little variety. Other superheros even more villains perhaps. Venom/muscle car is looking lonely and outnumbered. Where is doom? Sinister? The abormination?..Also instead of spidey and ironman what about having a marvel duo who have some better connection like maybe magneto and mystique. Now wouldn't like to have that. Or cloak and dagger.Even maybe the green goblin and hobgoblin combiners.
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868612)
Posted by typh0id on January 17th, 2009 @ 11:34am CST
I say I don't think there should be another robot-transforming-into-an-animal ever ever ever again...

But that's just me...
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868620)
Posted by Firebird on January 17th, 2009 @ 11:46am CST
shadowtyger00 wrote:Personally I'd like to see the people at marvel maybe release a animal based figures for say doc oct, scorpion, sabretooth maybe even beast.What say you guys out there?

Didn't they do that already with the Marvel Shape Shifters line. After releasing the famous Punisher transforming butt gun, they tried a bunch of super heroes/villans that transformed into critters. Like Thor into a bird and Hulk into a Dragon or something...
Re: New Transformers Marvel Crossovers -- Combiner-- (868663)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 17th, 2009 @ 1:40pm CST