Transformers News: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee

Thursday, June 21st, 2012 11:16PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 56,710

Up for your viewing enjoyment, we have the latest wave of Transformers Prime Deluxe figures that will soon be gracing your local store shelves. These figure are in wave 4 and include Airachnid, Dead End, and Shadow Strike Bumblebee.

Airachnid is a brand new mold and the first for this fan favorite character. Dead End is a repaint/remold of Wheeljack that sports a new head sculpt and a wild paint job. Awaiting in the shadows is Shadow Strike Bumblebee with a brand new stealthier color scheme.

Click on any of the pictures below to view these in-depth galleries.

Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise Airachnid

Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise Dead End

Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise Shadow Strike Bumblebee

Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392484)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 21st, 2012 @ 11:29pm CDT
Airachnid looks rather nice, and Dead End uses the mold quite well. Bumblebee can go ______
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392488)
Posted by xyl360 on June 21st, 2012 @ 11:42pm CDT
I may end up modding the heck out of Airachnid to get her 3rd 'beast' mode.

I'm pretty sure it can be done, but I'll probably have to extend her blades/spider legs a bit and I may have to break her waist/legs to do it. I guess that means I'll be buying an extra one of these (one to break, one to leave intact), though I am also getting the Takara version of her, so once it's in hand as well, I may just decide to mod the Hasbro version (assuming it does break the figure) and keep the Takara one in normal bot mode or stealth helicopter mode.
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392491)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2012 @ 11:44pm CDT
Dead End: that's a really good re-paint remold  , Airachnid: kinda Really sh!tty looking, Shadow Strike Bumblebee: you can go f#ck yourself, bumblebee peddlers . Otherwise great galleries, you actually made that Airachnid figure look better(ish) Hopefully she'll get a better figure down the line
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392501)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 22nd, 2012 @ 12:05am CDT
ya know, i like arachnid. a lot more than the pictorial review made her look. and dead end is an instant buy. and we all know how i feel about the other waste of plastic. :evil:
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392502)
Posted by njb902 on June 22nd, 2012 @ 12:08am CDT
I like this bumblebee and his repaints......I just hate the square hole for the round peg.............................
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392520)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 22nd, 2012 @ 12:59am CDT
Though I'm a little disappointed in Airachnid's 'bot mode, I'll still end up buying her on sight because to me ANY fembot is a good buy. I think what bothers me most is the near-complete lack of articulation in her hands. And I never thought I'd say this, but her face without the purple "lipstick" she sports on the show is too plain. With the purple lips she looks more evil.

Any version of Bumblebee that is ACTUALLY Bumblebee is an easy pass for me.

Dead End......I like the new head (it's actually pretty creepy/cool), but the colors make him look like a refugee from 1979. Too bright and garish for my tastes.

Excellent job on the galleries, though!
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392525)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 22nd, 2012 @ 1:02am CDT
I'm liking that hideously garish Dead End probably more than I should; he reminds me so much of Halloween. Doesn't have a place with any of my TFs, but I got plenty of other hideously garish toys he can hang with.

No interest whatsoever in Aitachnid or BB.
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392566)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 22nd, 2012 @ 3:14am CDT
Airachnid...nice face sculpt, but a pity it's attached to such a bad toy.

Still wondering what makes Hasbro think painting Bee in black will convince kids want to buy him as second time.

Not sure what to make of Dead End.
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392568)
Posted by Transhunter on June 22nd, 2012 @ 3:33am CDT
The only one i found is on ebay: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574891718&toolid=10001&campid=5336631220&customid=transformers&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2FRare-Hasbro-B%20...%20700wt_1400%3C%2Fa%3E
can any let me know if this is real as i havern't seen one is package before, if its real it's time to bid.
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392654)
Posted by Gearslide on June 22nd, 2012 @ 9:49am CDT
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392667)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 22nd, 2012 @ 10:18am CDT
Transhunter wrote:AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH so hard to find Airachnid in the uk anyone know where to get her from, i don't want to get her form oversea get done by custom ever single time its like its the hasbro police!!!!!!!

That's the US release. As far as we know they still haven't arrived in Europe.
Also, what the post above says. ;)

Airachnid says nothing to me. I don't want ANY Prime Bumblebees.
Dead End is still a maybe.. but I'd have to get rid of Wheeljack.
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392676)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2012 @ 10:46am CDT

source
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392680)
Posted by Transhunter on June 22nd, 2012 @ 10:54am CDT
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392694)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 22nd, 2012 @ 11:23am CDT
That's pretty sweet, with the two rotor sets.

Airachnid is definitely a flawed figure, but you did a great job of making her look good, Ryan. Nice work on the improvised spider mode! I was hoping something like that could be done.

Dead End looks cool but I don't need him.

Bumblebee is just going to be yet another shelfwarmer. I think many of us are just starting to despise him.
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392697)
Posted by Gearslide on June 22nd, 2012 @ 11:40am CDT
Transhunter wrote:Thats Mad some third party developer must try and develop an addon kit as getting 2 Airachnid is not exactly easy or cheap for that matter but good work for showing the way

There's a talented guy on Shapeways who makes a bunch of Prime add-ons, including Blasters and Blades for both FE & RID Arcee, Blasters for Wheeljack, Swords for Prime, and Null-Rays and Missiles for FE Starscream. He also made Rumble/Frenzy, Ravage, and Laserbeak/Buzzsaw molds that work with Deluxe Generations WFC Soundwave. I hope he makes some replacement propellers.
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392741)
Posted by RAcast on June 22nd, 2012 @ 2:02pm CDT
Gearslide wrote:

There's also someone who's been making quite a few Cyberverse weapons. I don't remember if it's the same person as you're talking about or not. And as a random note, there's someone else who made some weapons specifically for Generations Warpath, that will peg into his hand while it's folded up and stick right out of his arm; there's a drill, hammer, rotor blade, and a few others.

Back on topic, that twin rotor thing you've mocked up is pretty great, Sabrblade!
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392746)
Posted by craggy on June 22nd, 2012 @ 2:16pm CDT
Eirachnid, t'be sure, t'be sure. By which, I mean, that I still haven't found, what I'm looking for.

Passing on Failrachnid. Dead End is a thing of hideous beauty that I can't recommend highly enough. That Bumblebee still looks like a bin man, but that's slightly more appealing than the yellow menace I've been trained to hate by shelves after shelves of the yellow b@"^@&)s.
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392771)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 22nd, 2012 @ 3:21pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Hey Ryan, if you buy a second Airachnid, you can sorta-kinda make a closer approximation of her spider mode than what one Airachnid will permit. ;)

source

I cant read japanese, but I would love to do this. What are the specifications? Is it all pop on pop off? Can it still transform after that if you take the bonus pieces off?
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392807)
Posted by craggy on June 22nd, 2012 @ 5:04pm CDT
looks like the rotors pop off and plug in where the gun...pincer...things...are. the rest appears to be the normal vehicle mode.
Re: New Transformers Prime galleries: Airachnid, Dead End and Shadow Strike Bumblebee (1392834)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 22nd, 2012 @ 6:20pm CDT
3 more reasons to skip this line, ill stick with wasting my money on video games and stuff on ebay. I just picked up 3 older but 100% complete transformers for less than it would cost for one prime deluxe. My collection still grows but hasblow gets none of my money.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 OVERKILL (broken) complete reissue encore 19 cassette tape China - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 27 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers HERO MASHERS SIDESWIPE STEELJAW SOUNDWAVE NISB!!  VHTF!! RARE!! - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 57 minutes 39 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON GALAXY FORCE SUPREME CLASS STARSCREAM LOOSE ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 57 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers G1 RAMHORN 100% complete reissue encore 17 cassette tape China - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 31 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Fall of Cybertron BLASTER & STEELJAW Generations sealed figure FOC - Time Remaining: 19 days 11 hours 2 minutes 59 seconds
hot! FansToys Transformers G1 FT-05 Masterpiece MP Soar Red Dinobots Swoop 1 - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 21 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars 1996 OPTIMUS PRIMAL complete heroic figure maximal kenne - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 24 minutes 33 seconds
NEW Transformers Dark Of The Moon Voyager Class IRONHIDE figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 39 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks