New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip

Transformers News: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 3:41PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,901

io9.com has posted an exclusive preview clip from this week's all new episode of Transformers Prime "Legacy". Click here to view the clip, and be sure to tune into the Hub this Friday at 7:00 PM ET.

When the Autobots and Decepticons encounter a super-powerful sword that needs to be pulled out of a stone, who's going to claim its awesome power? Megatron? Smokescreen? Now, at last, we get to see what it would be like if the legend of King Arthur was restaged with giant transforming robots and pew-pew lasers.

Credit(s): io9.com, noodles2go, YouTube user JhayKhayCee2
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421836)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 19th, 2012 @ 3:53pm CDT
Just saw the link to the promo. Thanks to the video we saw earlier though, we all know optimus gets it, and swings it around in circles...

Hey, when are they going to start saying "Hey, I know we hid shit on other planets, but what the hell?"
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421839)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 19th, 2012 @ 3:55pm CDT
Star......Saber????

Did he just say....Star Saber!?!??!!

I love this ****ing show! :D
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421846)
Posted by Bubbah on September 19th, 2012 @ 4:41pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Star......Saber????

Did he just say....Star Saber!?!??!!

I love this ****ing show! :D

yes.... YES... a thousand times YES!!!! :lol:
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421870)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on September 19th, 2012 @ 5:49pm CDT
Okay,THIS is definatly going to be a good episode.

Anyone else kinda wanting to see Smokescreen go one v. one with Knockout?
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421878)
Posted by Gundamu on September 19th, 2012 @ 6:17pm CDT
Season two just gets better and better. I've already got my half seat ready cause I'll only need the edge! =P~
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421880)
Posted by nikkinavarro on September 19th, 2012 @ 6:30pm CDT
This is gonna be a great episode. And YES!!! They put the StarSaber in! :grin: I can't wait till Friday. The rest of season 2 is gonna be great.
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421882)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2012 @ 6:34pm CDT
I was really, REALLY hoping it wasn't gonna be the Star Saber, as the novels felt like they already had some BIG plans for that sword, and with this show being the one to go into it, that means that Optimus just GIVES UP looking for the sword only for it to turn up on the planet he happens to be on millions and millions of years later by pure coincidence! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

What's the moral of the story, kids? Looking hard for something with persistence is no way to find what you're seek. But if you just give up and take a more passive attitude to things, what you're looking for is bound to just "pop up" in your own backyard in a few million years. >:oP

And wasn't the sword broken up?
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421888)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 19th, 2012 @ 6:58pm CDT
damn. smokescreen has some skillz.
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421903)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 19th, 2012 @ 7:48pm CDT
But can it seperate into three bleepin' airborne Minicons?
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421908)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2012 @ 8:04pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:But can it seperate into three bleepin' airborne Minicons?
Pfft. 'Course not, silly. Why would it do such a thing? :P

But seriously, this is what it (is supposed to) looks like.

Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421911)
Posted by Vectorshot on September 19th, 2012 @ 8:14pm CDT
I tell ya' the more I watch Smokescreen the more he reminds me of Hotrod!
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421912)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 19th, 2012 @ 8:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:But can it seperate into three bleepin' airborne Minicons?
Pfft. 'Course not, silly. Why would it do such a thing? :P

Sarcasm, my dear Sabrblade.
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421921)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2012 @ 8:51pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:But can it seperate into three bleepin' airborne Minicons?
Pfft. 'Course not, silly. Why would it do such a thing? :P

Sarcasm, my dear Sabrblade.
I jest.

Though, 'tis not a Minicon-based sword this time, but a Matrix-based sword. Twas forged by Solus Prime from the heart of a star, according to myth. Another myth tells of it being created from three bots to forge it, but this would likely be irreversible given the final product's design (unless all three of them were very thin blade-like bots). ;)
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421923)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 19th, 2012 @ 8:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:But can it seperate into three bleepin' airborne Minicons?
Pfft. 'Course not, silly. Why would it do such a thing? :P

Sarcasm, my dear Sabrblade.
I jest.

Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421924)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on September 19th, 2012 @ 9:07pm CDT
So stoked! I'm buying the Dr Wu sword after seeing this promo.
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421925)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2012 @ 9:08pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Given that the freakin' badass Arms Micron sword Is made of three pretty thin blade-like Minicons, you never know.
The Arms Micron Star Saber is formed by one of Optimus' arm guns, one of Bumblebee's twin arm blasters, and one of Ratchet's arm blades, all combined Power Rangers weapon style. I'm pretty sure that this is a different Star Saber than the one formed by their weaponized body parts.

The Star Saber I showed a pic of is the one that this one's meant to be.
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421959)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on September 20th, 2012 @ 12:51am CDT
You can't go wrong with a "Sword in the Stone" and Transformers! Looks like it will be a good episode.
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421994)
Posted by theRED1 on September 20th, 2012 @ 5:50am CDT
Vectorshot wrote:I tell ya' the more I watch Smokescreen the more he reminds me of Hotrod!

I agree! Ever since I first saw Smokescreen that was my thought! He even has the same crest that goes up his head that Prime has!
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421999)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 20th, 2012 @ 6:17am CDT
theRED1 wrote:

Five bucks says he poofs into Rodimus Prime.
Re: New Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422003)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:32am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
theRED1 wrote:

Five bucks says he poofs into Rodimus Prime.
Sorry, that title's already gonna be taken by Hot Shot.

Hasbro already made an Aligned Rodimus, but they named him "Hot Shot" so they could show how he becomes Rodimus.

At best, Smokescreen is the "Cheetor" of the group. ;)

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Long Haul action figure from Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 20 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Movie Edition - AUTOBOT RATCHET - Hasbro 2006 - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 52 minutes 1 second
Hasbro Transformers Armada Micro Legend Firebot Makeshift Prowl Gundam - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 38 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Grindor action figure from Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 8 minutes 19 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE "BUMBLEBEE & SPIKE WITWICKY" "NIB" AUTOBOT VW BEETLE - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 10 minutes 23 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-05 Megatron Decepticons Commander G1 - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 43 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Decepticon Bludgeon action figure from Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 43 minutes 37 seconds
Hasbro Transformers ROTF Human Alliance Bumblebee Figure and Sam New with Box - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 32 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory