New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed

Transformers News: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 12:19PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 34,933

Thanks to the newest seibertron.com member onions we now know of new Hasbro releases of the Transformers Prime line, specifically the Voyagers. He has been kind enough to share scans of the Malaysian guide book he obtained. While the book shows us stuff we already new was coming, it also reveals our first official pictures and confirmation of stuff we where didn't expect and well feared would never make it to Hasbro markets.
The book reveals to us:

• Dread Wing: whom we knew was coming
  • Skyquake: the original version of this mold, we feared he would be cancelled
  • Thundertron: leader of the Star Seekers, the pirate faction, also he is not Leo Convoy
  • Ultra Magnus: he can deal with not being a repaint

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): onions

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394338)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 26th, 2012 @ 12:34pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:will all of these be released in the US?

We can assume so, but nothing's set in stone. Hasbro Asia has been releasing figures we'll never see, so..

I know we'll see Dreadwing, Thundertron and Ultra Magnus, but Skyquake could be up in the air. I mean, he's filler like Dead End is, but it all depends on how well the toys sell.

As of right now, things seem to be selling well, so chances are we will see all of these in the US.

Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394341)
Posted by griftimus prime on June 26th, 2012 @ 12:38pm CDT
i want all 3 but the lion guy looks kinda disappointing. i wonder if they will make a leo prime out of this one also.
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394345)
Posted by njb902 on June 26th, 2012 @ 12:41pm CDT
is it just me or are skyquake and thundertron's toys switched?

edit: never mind I see now.
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394346)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 26th, 2012 @ 12:42pm CDT
Help. I think my heart just stopped....
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394348)
Posted by zodconvoy on June 26th, 2012 @ 12:43pm CDT
I need that Ultra Magnus!
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394350)
Posted by necr0blivion on June 26th, 2012 @ 12:44pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394354)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 26th, 2012 @ 12:54pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:I hope they have time to correct the Skyquake <--> Thundertron error as seen on the packaging. Otherwise, looking forward to move voyagers!

It's no error: the profiles are next to the figures, not above or under.
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394357)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 26th, 2012 @ 12:56pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394358)
Posted by DeceptiCobra on June 26th, 2012 @ 12:56pm CDT
What's with all the Thundertron hate?
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394360)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:04pm CDT
Well they SHOULD get a US release, seeing as how they have those big goofy mechtech weapons and all that.
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394362)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:08pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:Is it confirmed that Thundertron is a lion. Because the pics make him look more like a wolf.

It says Lion Mode on the picture. :P

I do like the look of the planes, I might have to get one.
Not sure about Magnus and Thundertron, I'll have to see later on.
Not because they don't look good, though, they seem outstanding!

EDIT: Wait, is that an actual peg-leg on Thundertron..?
Holy Space Pirates, Batman! He's a must. Him and Dead End will be me Pirates, arr.
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394363)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:08pm CDT
Does anyone else think that Dreadwing would make a good custom Jhiaxus. His bulky seeker-like body strongly reminds me of him. :-?
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394368)
Posted by Anonymous on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:17pm CDT
DAT BEAST MODE. DAT PEG LEG. DAT (relatively) NEW FACTION SYMBOL.

Thundertron will be MINE. The others too I guess, but they won't be as buy-on-sight.
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394370)
Posted by craggy on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:18pm CDT
nice to see that there will be a Skyquake release. Was hoping for some pink translucent plastic on it, but oh well. Maybe Reprolabels will sort something out, or he'll just look really awesome as is. Probably get him.

Magnus and Dreadwing I'm not overly concerned with. I could see me getting Magnus is there's a sale on, or I'm really itching for some TFs and he happens to be there. Don't get me wrong, the design is cool, but FOC UM will be my main one, at least until I see about getting a Classics and City Commander. This design is badass, but not really Magnus (maybe too badass?). If there's a funky Dead End of Hotshot style repaint, I might be tempted. Dreadwing...hmm...I don't want a vehicle mode Depth Charge, so passing.

Thundertron is the stand out here. Mainly because it's so good to see a big ol beast mode, and also because we're getting a 3rd faction. Really impressed by that. Despite the fiction, I'd have expected the toy release to simply be a Decepticon, or maybe even an Autobot. I'm not particularly familiar with the story about this guy, but it looks like a cool toy from what I can see, he's a sort of space pirate dude, and he's a beast. I can't see anything not to like...well, if I use my hand to cover up the stupid weapon thing. Maybe the AM version will come with something cooler?
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394377)
Posted by TheCrookedMan on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:23pm CDT
Those giant guns stuck on the back of Skyquake and Dreadwing look great and not crappy at all. I'll bet the designers are really happy about the way that gimmick was added.
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394379)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:26pm CDT
orangeitis wrote:DAT BEAST MODE. DAT PEG LEG. DAT (relatively) NEW FACTION SYMBOL.

I hadn't even noticed the symbol..

*NERDGASM*
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394380)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:30pm CDT
So, I guess Thundertron is probably an Asia exclusive - as it looks like he may be representational of that Asian Transformers mmo. Remember- There's a pirate faction in that game XD (and if I recall correctly that's the same faction logo)

I love them all. Money means I won't be able to get them all, but it's nice to know they're being made and I might see some in stores. :)
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394387)
Posted by OptiMagnus on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:39pm CDT
YES! YES! YES! There is a Voyager Magnus! I definitely have to have him. It will probably be the only thing I ever get from Prime, but he looks worth buying.
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394388)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:44pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:As for me, Thundertron is a big pass. I hope he doesn't make an appearance in the show.

I, on the other hand, really would like to see him.

Having read Exodus and Exiles, and finding the style quite flat, I'd love to see some characterisation of a TF Captain Ahab!
Re: New Transformers Prime Voyagers revealed (1394391)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 26th, 2012 @ 1:50pm CDT
I find these frustrating: they can make all these good looking voyagers for TF Prime but they can't make a voyager Generations Onslaught for FoC Bruticus! That could have made such a HUGE difference! Boooo Hasbro!!!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Combiner Wars Menasor COMPLETE Stunticons Dead End Dragstrip - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 56 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers - Drag Strip, Hatchet, Thunderhead Figures x 8 DOTM ,Bundle, Joblot - Time Remaining: 17 days 8 hours 13 minutes 54 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Platinum Edition INSECTICONS Bombshell Kickback & Skrapnel Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 17 minutes 51 seconds
MECHTECH Transformers Optimus Prime  - Dark of the Moon - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 34 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime & Shockwave Mechtech - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 34 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HENKEI ASTROTRAIN D-03 TAKARA JAPAN MISB NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 58 minutes 3 seconds
Silverbolt 100% Complete 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Adult Owned - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 58 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2007 MOVIE BUMBLEBEE DELUXE CLASS AUTOMORPH TECHNOLOGY MOC - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 5 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory