Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Tri-Lingual Universe Deluxe Wave 4 Card Art

Transformers News: New Tri-Lingual Universe Deluxe Wave 4 Card Art

Thursday, January 1st, 2009 12:28PM CST

Categories: Collectables, Company News, Sightings, Toy News
Posted by: Down_Shift   Views: 24,121

Thanks to some friends of mine I was able to get my hands on the Universe Wave 4 Deluxe figures about a month or so before they hit the big three here in Canada. Much to my surprise and happiness the new figures are on unique cards with individual card art on the front and tri-lingual bio's on the back. This was hinted at by Hasbro Canada this past year at TFCon in Ontario.

Well who cares you might ask? Mexico, Quebec and the rest of Canada. That's who.

For almost two years we've been backed into a corner so to speak when it comes to our hobby of collecting Transformers. For all of you in the States or across the sea you get clean, character focused box and card art. The three mentioned above get very generic packaging and has slowly slipped down a slope of quality to the point of no images on the boxes other then cross-sells on the back as seen here in an old news article from when Wave 1 was released in Canada.

Here are a few pictures, albeit blurry of two of the four new figures on their new tri-lingual packages. This is indeed a great treat for Transformers Collectors that keep figures MISB/MOSC or hold on to the boxes after opening the figures much like myself.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

Here's to a great 2009 to our friends collecting Transformers with the new and improved packaging!
Credit(s): Down_Shift
Re: New Tri-Lingual Universe Deluxe Wave 4 Card Art (859707)
Posted by omega666 on January 1st, 2009 @ 12:36pm CST
Muy bien! Ya puedo leerlo en espanol! :grin:
Re: New Tri-Lingual Universe Deluxe Wave 4 Card Art (859726)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 1st, 2009 @ 12:53pm CST
omega666 wrote:Muy bien! Ya puedo leerlo en espanol! :grin:

That's what she said 8)
Re: New Tri-Lingual Universe Deluxe Wave 4 Card Art (859769)
Posted by ChrisW on January 1st, 2009 @ 2:05pm CST
Have you opened these yet?

I strongly prefer Canadian releases to American releases since the Canadian releases have the bio and tech specs on the back of the instructions. This allows me to toss out the generic Canadian packaging while keeping the good stuff.

Do these new releases still have the bio and tech specs on the back of the instructions?
Re: New Tri-Lingual Universe Deluxe Wave 4 Card Art (859770)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on January 1st, 2009 @ 2:06pm CST
My gawd! They actually kept their word on this. :shock: :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Tri-Lingual Universe Deluxe Wave 4 Card Art (859893)
Posted by Zeds on January 1st, 2009 @ 5:27pm CST
Oh DS there is a Santa Claus after all! GREAT NEWS indeed B-)
Re: New Tri-Lingual Universe Deluxe Wave 4 Card Art (860136)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 2nd, 2009 @ 5:23am CST
ChrisW wrote:Have you opened these yet?

I have opened them up, yes. Unfortunately, they have removed the bio/tech specs from the back of the instructions. Mind you for a lot of us, that's what we've wanted for a while now.

I hate to say is but as much as I dislike Beasties (Beast Wars :P ) I really like Cheetor. But Cyclonus is flawless and Hound is very good. Only gripe about Hound is his shoulder cannon can be difficult to stay on.
Re: New Tri-Lingual Universe Deluxe Wave 4 Card Art (860198)
Posted by Zeds on January 2nd, 2009 @ 8:29am CST
Down_Shift wrote:Unfortunately, they have removed the bio/tech specs from the back of the instructions. Mind you for a lot of us, that's what we've wanted for a while now.

QFT! Count me in front of that line! :APPLAUSE: