New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set!

Transformers News: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set!

Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010 6:16AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 60,162

Transformers fansite HK-TF.com, known for releasing early images of upcoming products from Takara Tomy and Hasbro, has somehow gotten their hands on a fully painted version of the upcoming and eagerly awaited Fansproject TFX-04 Protector armor and his Targetmaster TFX-05 Sidearm. As we all know by now, these third party accessories are intended to upgrade Henkei/Classics Rodimus (Hot Rod) to Rodimus Convoy/Prime. The new images not only give us our first, definitive look at the completed set, but also show the Protector figure standing next to Classics Optimus Prime and Fansproject's City Commander for size comparisons. Also included in the gallery are pictures of the trailer set up in battle station mode and Protector's version of Roller identified as "Guardian" in a post on the Fansproject site. Sold separately, the Fansproject Protector set and Sidearm Targetmaster are both scheduled to be released at the end of December.

To view the entire gallery of photos, click HERE.

As a reminder, these accessories are from a third party toy maker and are not licensed or endorsed by Takara Tomy or Hasbro.
Credit(s): HK-TF.com, Fansproject

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142331)
Posted by Burn on November 3rd, 2010 @ 6:24am CDT
This is what happens when your TF's hit the 'Roids! :shock:
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142333)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on November 3rd, 2010 @ 6:26am CDT
This is just Pure undivided awesomeness in it's purest of essence :APPLAUSE:
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142335)
Posted by --B-- on November 3rd, 2010 @ 6:35am CDT
I'm not sure why, but for some reason I just don't like it. I was so excited for this, but it just looks too blocky. I know it's supposed to be because it's armor over another figure, but, I dunno. I am now on the fence.
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142337)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 3rd, 2010 @ 6:38am CDT
If this set does somehow manage to get released at the end of this year, it will tie the Crossfire 2 set as my pick for Transformer of the Year. If not, they'll be the front runner for TotY 2011.

Fansproject just keeps getting it right. IMO, this is exactly what I expect the Classics version of Rodimus should look like. Amazing!
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142338)
Posted by Trikeboy on November 3rd, 2010 @ 6:42am CDT
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142339)
Posted by zodconvoy on November 3rd, 2010 @ 6:44am CDT
MINE!

Fansproject, here is my money, give it to me NOW!
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142341)
Posted by IceWilly on November 3rd, 2010 @ 6:47am CDT
Looks great, I am excited. I recently cancelled the Takara Hot Rod masterpiece in favor of the Hasbro release, so this will be my only Rodimus trailer around, and I must say it looks great. The blockiness works for me, since when Rodimus first changed they focused on "blocky" features (fingers, etc) Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. :)
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142343)
Posted by feeiq90 on November 3rd, 2010 @ 6:50am CDT
SWEET SALLY IN THE ALLEY~?!!!!
this juz make my day~ :x :x :x
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142345)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on November 3rd, 2010 @ 6:56am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:And once more Fansproject has delivered a staggering homerun. This looks effing awesome, the colours look amazing, though people who bought the re-release just for this upgrade will have some colour matching problem's, the trailer/base mode looks pretty good and the inclusion of an upgraded Roller is pretty slick. When I saw Sidearm, I thought for a moment they brought back their plan for the mini gun mode Classics/Henkei Megatron. Sidearm is a nice extra and thank god he isn't too expensive. However, one must wonder why he is seperate. Would a target master really take up so much room he couldn't be included in the box with the upgrade? This just means extra shipping costs for the customer.

I'm not sure where I read this but there was a convention where Hasbro was asked on its stance towards 3rd party companies and their products. Hasbro said it didn't mind them so long as they're not making an extensive amount of money per item. I think there was a $100 limit per item in which Hasbro said that they would take legal action if it were to equal or surpass the amount. Again, I don't have any sources to back this up but I remember this somewhat mentioned in an article. Also a lot of other members talk about this from time to time.

If the above holds true, then to answer your original question, they are separate so as not to exceed $100. The trailer by itself is already $90. Imagine how much more it would be with the Target-Master included.
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142347)
Posted by starboykb on November 3rd, 2010 @ 7:03am CDT
i am GLAD pre-ordering it! Yippy!!!
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142348)
Posted by Rated X on November 3rd, 2010 @ 7:24am CDT
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142350)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 3rd, 2010 @ 7:37am CDT
I dunno. I was looking forward to it but now seeing it in color I don't think I wanna spend out that kind of money for it especially given that it would be more expensive having to import it. The trailer mode looks fine, I'm just not sure I like the armor mode. Just too blocky for my tastes but I get why it's like that as it's armor made from a blocky trailer but at least it doesn't look all cartoony like Magnus' armor. I still prefer it over the Masterpiece Rodimus though but I might just keep my Classics Hot Rod as he is unless this goes down in price or I suddenly gain a lot of spare money. Shame I can't see it in person to make a final decision like I can more easily a Hasbro product in stores. The head and chest area are putting me off the most but they might look different in person.

I'll probably still order Sidearm as he's a cheap lil extra.
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142351)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 3rd, 2010 @ 7:45am CDT
This looks great and it will be mine. Is there any robot pics of sidearm? I didn't see any.
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142352)
Posted by El Duque on November 3rd, 2010 @ 7:49am CDT
I really like that it takes deluxe Hotrod and basically makes him the same size as voyager Optimus Prime. Which is what you expect to happen when he evolves into a Prime.
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142354)
Posted by dragons on November 3rd, 2010 @ 8:03am CDT
[quote]I really want one, but unless they make a version that matches the 3 pack Rodimus, the colors wont match. I passed up a chance to get the Hasbro version and now these damn hoarders have the audicity to jack up the price of a Hasbro Rodimus to 100 bucks they should be ashamed of themselves.[/quote]

hate to give you bad day but pepople allready had prices jacked up on ebay i was loking ebay before fansproject treailer was even mentioned in the works cheapest one i saw 50 to 75 then up depends on seller & if its henkei but they pretty much even each other out almost

looks good to bad no close up on face would like t osee that better is it me but does his forarm seem blocky & BULKY looking it makes the rest of arm look weak they stick out more than his shoulders do to me it looks weird but its something i can deal with
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142357)
Posted by TeletranPrime on November 3rd, 2010 @ 8:12am CDT
i have never got a third party piece but im getting this badly
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142358)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 3rd, 2010 @ 8:15am CDT
Oh, that is GORGEOUS! MINE!!!!!!!!!!
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142361)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on November 3rd, 2010 @ 8:23am CDT
AutobotJazz87 wrote:

Umm.. $100? :grin:
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142363)
Posted by Prime Evil on November 3rd, 2010 @ 8:28am CDT
Loving the block look and yet he is still not a brick in the regular sense. His rifle looks really badass. The added wing spoiler was a great touch up. Shows that they do listen to the fans. He is the same size as Prime, which imo, he should be. Not a trailer guy, but I will definitely have that piece of artillary on display. I cannnot wait to have him next to my City Commander and Defender pieces with a sprinkle of Hasbro's Blurr, Kup, and Wreck-Gar on the side. And finally that targetmaster figure for $9.99 is the icing on the cake that wasn't necessary but they did it anyway. Fans Project, you continue to impress me. Happily anticipating December's release of this add-on.
Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set! (1142364)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 3rd, 2010 @ 8:37am CDT
Does anyone know how much this would be with shipping to the UK? I emailed Robotkingdom about it several weeks ago but never got a reply. I just want to get the total price and then decide if I really want it or not.

Ending Soon On eBay

BLITZWING MIB TRANSFORMERS G1 complete missiles on sprue - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 7 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers G1 Zone C337 Overload C338 Missile Bull C339 Cragun C340 Skywave - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 5 minutes 2 seconds
Marvel Transformers G1 Complete Comics Lot #1-80 Universe Headmasters Movie Joe - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 45 minutes
Transformers G1 Dinobot Slag Trademark TM  Logo Empty Box Only - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 34 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Ehobby G1 Reissue Twincast MISB NIB MIB - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 9 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Trans Metal Airazor Japanese Complete MIB with Bio Card - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 59 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers G1 C-320 Blacker Road Caesar MISB Japanese Takara - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 4 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers G1 Zone C-343 Hot House AFA 80 Takara Japanese MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 10 minutes 1 second
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents