New Upgrade set for City Commander!

Transformers News: New Upgrade set for City Commander!

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 9:24AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 17,292

Yes you read that right, there will be a custom upgradeset for the custom upgrade set known as TFX-01 City Commander!
This set is currently on pre-order.
The upgrade set will include:

Custom Head piece
Custom shoulder launchers (x 1 pair)

The set will be cast in painted resin and will cost around of USD16,35.
There will be a total number of 50 sets exclusive to the sgcollect.com forum members.

{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news.
Credit(s): Dead Metal
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843683)
Posted by Lord T on December 2nd, 2008 @ 9:32am CST
Are they kidding? An upgrade set for an upgrade set?
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843685)
Posted by Editor on December 2nd, 2008 @ 9:35am CST
only 50 sets?

Damn, I guess i'm not going to have a chance to get them then.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843687)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 2nd, 2008 @ 9:37am CST
Hmmm, I don't know. I may just buy Tankor for 8 bucks and paint his side guns to use as "missles". With them painted white with a red tip, that would do.

The head just doesn't seem that necessary.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843695)
Posted by Anonymous on December 2nd, 2008 @ 9:51am CST
looks purdy cool.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843703)
Posted by Satomiblood on December 2nd, 2008 @ 10:12am CST
Lol. I wonder how the people that already bought CC are feeling about this. I mean, shit, something like this could've been thrown in with the original set.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843709)
Posted by Mykltron on December 2nd, 2008 @ 10:21am CST
We all knew they'd sell missiles seperately. Bastards. I'll stick with what I've got. Anyway, how are people gonna remove the head without breaking it?
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843734)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 2nd, 2008 @ 11:16am CST
These aren't made by Fan's Project they are made by a customizer.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843747)
Posted by Kique on December 2nd, 2008 @ 11:29am CST
Lord T wrote:Are they kidding? An upgrade set for an upgrade set?

I second this ! 8)
... although ... I woundn't mind buying it. I'm not on SG Collect either, so I wont worry about not getting it. If Fansproject does one though, I'll probably get it.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843751)
Posted by dragons on December 2nd, 2008 @ 11:32am CST
its not but there almost identical some minor differnces big differnce in the chin no missles launchers are shown........

50 so limited how sad for hard core fans of ultra magnus

i can see some crack head, drug up seller on ebay selling this set for 2 to 4 times that they are im going to have fun watching that auction just to see how much & how much the seller has to pay for the set.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843779)
Posted by Kryptikore on December 2nd, 2008 @ 12:21pm CST
I think Fansproject's version is good the way it is! The head looks a lot tougher than this new version. Although I would like to see Fansproject do some shoulder missles. Some thing not so bulky as far as the missles go. The Launchers could still be bulky though.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843784)
Posted by Jaw Crusher on December 2nd, 2008 @ 12:31pm CST
Hnh. It's nice they want to make the head more G1ish, but IMO the existing head is fine the way it is.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843791)
Posted by Hard Hacker on December 2nd, 2008 @ 12:53pm CST
I don't like it.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843794)
Posted by Firebird on December 2nd, 2008 @ 1:05pm CST
I like my City Commander with his current head.

This new one doesn't fit the upgraded G1 design as well.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843803)
Posted by rpetras on December 2nd, 2008 @ 1:36pm CST
I'd get this, I think it is very cool!
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843857)
Posted by Omegasoundwave on December 2nd, 2008 @ 2:38pm CST
so theres an upgrade for and upgrade huh. Any way i like the head but if i ever get the classics Ultra Magnus i'll get bot of the upgrades. but those chances are vary slim because he's like $60 on ebay! and other stores.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843863)
Posted by Koloth on December 2nd, 2008 @ 2:43pm CST
Mykltron wrote: Anyway, how are people gonna remove the head without breaking it?

It isn't that hard actually, it is just on a peg. Just pull it straight up.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843870)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 2nd, 2008 @ 3:01pm CST
the utter irony
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843909)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 2nd, 2008 @ 4:02pm CST
It looks nice, but I'm not gonna sweat not having it. A fan add-on to another fan project? That sounds like inbreeding to me! I mean, if it was plentiful and cheap I'd consider it, but I'd rather get a whole new TF than a couple of missile launchers.

If your UM head is looking upwards chances are you broke your $70 toy. The head's shape looks like it was meant to be on a ball joint, but it isn't. It's just on an old fasioned peg. I tried (gently) moving it upwards too, but it didn't want to go that way and I didn't force it. But it turns from side to side just fine. Slides off easily, actually.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (843936)
Posted by Agent 007 on December 2nd, 2008 @ 4:51pm CST
nice but I don't even own the first upgrade armor so I'll pass.
Re: New Upgrade set for City Commander! (844005)
Posted by Satomiblood on December 2nd, 2008 @ 5:59pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:These aren't made by Fan's Project they are made by a customizer.

Still, it would've been nice if FP included an alternate head like this.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS Hasbro G1 Micromaster Airwave Contents Sealed in Box HTF RARE HTF - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 13 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise (2001) Jhiaxus MOSC - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 45 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars - Liokaiser Platinum Edition Box Set - Light Box Wear - Time Remaining: 8 days 11 hours 12 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers G1 1987 BLOT 100% complete abominus GREAT - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 48 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers G1 1987 RIPPERSNAPPER 100% complete abominus GREAT - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 19 minutes 48 seconds
Fashion Transformers Decepticon SHOCKWAVE G1 MIB UNUSED MINT REISSUE TRANSFORMED - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 11 minutes 14 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Animated Skywarp Sky Warp Starscream Original New - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 58 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Optimus Maximus (Animated, Prime) Cyberverse Electronic Toy Robot - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 4 minutes 47 seconds
Website Security Test