News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee!

Transformers News: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee!

Friday, January 7th, 2011 4:27AM CST

Categories: Toy News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 60,968

I-Gear have updated their Facebook profile with a new set of photos, this new set of photos are labelled as "New WIP small stuff". They are of a Volkswagen Käfer (Beetle in English), from the looks of it it obviously transforms, and we all know who it will be G1 Bumblebee.
Currently thee are no robot mode images.
We have mirrored the images, if you wish you can view the original album by clicking here.

Credit(s): i-Gear

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166334)
Posted by Torneira on January 7th, 2011 @ 6:50am CST
If it's like PE Frenzy & Rumble price, I''ll take it !
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166335)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 7th, 2011 @ 7:02am CST
Dead Metal wrote:This thing is freaking tiny and man do I want it, but this is i-Gear and they'll charge a 100 bucks for it so I'll just forget about it.

Probably, but look at it this way...

They're not CrazyDevy, and for the price you pay to iGear, it will actually do something.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166336)
Posted by HollyW00d on January 7th, 2011 @ 7:02am CST
Another useless i-gear product. Oh well I'm sure someone will be happy about it.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166337)
Posted by omega666 on January 7th, 2011 @ 7:07am CST
If it were a deluxe size, then maybe. Could have replaced my Classics Bee.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166338)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 7th, 2011 @ 7:08am CST
haha nice... on closer inspection it sorta is deluxe size in a way... hopefully theres some dece articulation in bot mode.
:CON:
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166341)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 7th, 2011 @ 7:13am CST
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166342)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 7th, 2011 @ 7:14am CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Little, tiny, yellow, not worth my money. I've got a ton of Bumblebees. And my Classics version is actually a very good toy. Which cost about eight bucks back in the day.

yea, but is it a beetle?... the true G1 bee, fo shizzy, mckinney,
i shoudn't post when wasted
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166344)
Posted by Requiem Prime on January 7th, 2011 @ 7:30am CST
Autobot032 wrote:

Probably, but look at it this way...

I really do look forward to a fully independent mold from them. Perhaps, in that crazy little part of my head that writes fan-fiction, their two head kits is a sign of shift to less extreme pricing.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166349)
Posted by ambitron on January 7th, 2011 @ 7:46am CST
This looks like it has the same transformation as the Classics Legends figure:

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery. ... 0&start=25

[quote]If the sizes given are correct it's 6.8 cm (2.7 inches) long and 3 cm (1.3 inches) long, which means this thing will be smaller than a Scout class figure while being larger than a Legends class figure![/quote]

Saddo that I am, I just measured my own Classics Legends Bumblebee, and that came out at 6.8cm x 3cm too, so this looks like a Beetle version of the Classics Legends figure to me, with a similar size - it does look a little larger in the "in the hand" picture though.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166352)
Posted by nobody1898 on January 7th, 2011 @ 7:53am CST
Finally a G1 bumbleebee. And we all know Volkwagon will never let Hasbro make one so this may be the only chance to get a BB as a Bug.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166373)
Posted by rpetras on January 7th, 2011 @ 8:40am CST
I dig it, If it is scout or Deluxe, I'll be on it.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166376)
Posted by victoryconvoy on January 7th, 2011 @ 8:43am CST
i'm just getting really pissed off waiting to hear about the upgrade for the ultraleader WTF man!!!!!!!!!! :-x
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166380)
Posted by Rated X on January 7th, 2011 @ 8:56am CST
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166391)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 7th, 2011 @ 9:17am CST
Interesting. Not sure it would have a place in my collection, but it looks good.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166393)
Posted by sparticus1701 on January 7th, 2011 @ 9:19am CST
Wow -- I emailed them months ago asking them to make a 'Masterpiece Bumblebee'. Maybe this is their reply.

No if they'd just get working on my other suggestion -- a G1 Ark.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166401)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on January 7th, 2011 @ 9:37am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:

yea, but is it a beetle?... the true G1 bee, fo shizzy, mckinney,
i shoudn't post when wasted

Poast!
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166409)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 7th, 2011 @ 9:51am CST
Rated X wrote:I like !!! Bumblebee done right !!! If I get this, then the united Bumblebee I ordered can be Goldbug. Hey what ever happened to that Bumblebee figure that transformed into the new Volkswagon Beetle ???

Are you refering to the unproduced binaltech/alternators Bumblebee? If so, it was cancelled due to Volkswagon not wanting to associate their vehicles with war themed media.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166410)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on January 7th, 2011 @ 9:52am CST
:D I LOVE IT! :D
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166425)
Posted by Burnin12 on January 7th, 2011 @ 10:22am CST
Depends on the size first then the price.

Really hoping their intent (aside from giving us a VW Beetle Bumble Bee) was also to make it fit in with the scale of the rest of the Classics Autobots. Basically needs to be a larger Scout. I would say smaller deluxe but that's what we have and it's way too pudgy in robot mode and way out of scale in alt mode. Don't expect perfection of course but BB shouldn't be the same height as Ironhide in alt mode.

If that all works out, I'd be willing to shell out a few bucks for him....and the slight remold/repaint that will most likely be Cliff Jumper.
Re: News from i-Gear: New Vintage VW Käfer (Beetle) Bumblebee! (1166429)
Posted by Mkall on January 7th, 2011 @ 10:32am CST
Looks kinda neat really, but I'm happy with my Classics BB thanks

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016