Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator

Transformers News: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator

Thursday, September 12th, 2013 5:57PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 26,025

By way of the Transformers Collectors' Club, the sixth and final (not counting the mystery bonus figure) TFSS 2.0 character has been revealed! No toy images yet, but the Club uploaded another image of a page from the comic that features these characters, "Timeless". The character is... Thrustinator, a frankensteining of sorts of the ever-popular Waspinator and his darker, broodier Beast Machines persona, Thrust. The model he uses appears to use Beast Wars II Dirgegun, a heavy retool of the original Waspinator toy, as a base mold.

Transformers News: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for Thrustinator's toy reveal!
Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517390)
Posted by Mkall on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:05pm CDT
I'm speechless, and not in a good way.
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517391)
Posted by Rated X on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
Money saved !!! No subscription for me this year !!! Ill just buy Treadshot on e-bay and maybe Barricade if he is cheap.
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517393)
Posted by datguy86 on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:11pm CDT
This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517398)
Posted by RAcast on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:15pm CDT
Oh my god I want this, just for how ridiculous it is. :lol:
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517400)
Posted by Rotoraptor on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:20pm CDT
RAcast wrote:Oh my god I want this, just for how ridiculous it is. :lol:

Yeaaa, pretty much this.
I loved Waspinator, and I loved Thrust.
I'll be honest, I don't GET mixing them into one character...not at all....
But I'll probably get the toy just....because how could you pass up something that insane?
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517402)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:23pm CDT
RAcast wrote:Oh my god I want this, just for how ridiculous it is. :lol:

Same.

So far, all I really want from this set are Thrustinator, Barricade & Frenzy, and Fisitron/Ironfist.

I'd also like to bring up this: I read somewhere that Heinrad's comic model appears to use the Prime Knock Out mold. Could Heinrad be the bonus figure, fulfilling the Club's claim that it will go perfectly with one of these other figures?
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517403)
Posted by RAcast on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:24pm CDT
Rotoraptor wrote:
RAcast wrote:Oh my god I want this, just for how ridiculous it is. :lol:

Yeaaa, pretty much this.
I loved Waspinator, and I loved Thrust.
I'll be honest, I don't GET mixing them into one character...not at all....

Well, I honestly wasn't happy with how they treated Waspinator at the end of Beast Machines, so this is a much more ridiculously Waspinator fate that doesn't completely screw him over as a character. :grin:
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517404)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:33pm CDT
Love it. :x :BOWDOWN:
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517406)
Posted by Mkall on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:39pm CDT
So does this mean TFCC will be using the Dirgegun mold?

Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517408)
Posted by RAcast on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:41pm CDT
Mkall wrote:So does this mean TFCC will be using the Dirgegun mold?

Presumably remolded, but yeah. Says so in the first post. ;)
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517410)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:44pm CDT
Mkall wrote:So does this mean TFCC will be using the Dirgegun mold?

Looks that way. I don't know if you caught the post when I first wrote it, but initially, I thought it was the upcoming Generations: Thrilling 30 Deluxe Waspinator toy and wrote it as such. It wasn't until I read a little more about it over at TFW2005 did I remember that Dirgegun, with the exact same tooling (with the exception of the head), came from the first Waspinator toy.

I kinda want to see if Hasbro (or more likely, Takara) will tackle Dirgegun and (since we're on the subject of Beast Wars II) Thrustor, from the upcoming Waspinator and the Universe (2009) Dinobot molds.
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517411)
Posted by Mkall on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:47pm CDT
RAcast wrote:Presumably remolded, but yeah. Says so in the first post. ;)

It didn't say that when I read it, and I'm sticking to it.

I still don't need the figure. I never collected the Cybermutants from BW2 so I feel no desire for this guy.
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517416)
Posted by ausbot on September 12th, 2013 @ 7:01pm CDT
This is the first one from the set I do not want. I was really hoping for the Red wing Seeker.
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517420)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2013 @ 7:33pm CDT
I was hesitant to consider the 2014 TFSS 2.0 at first.

Treadshot didn't really interest me.

Chromedome had me thinking it was a nice idea, but I dunno.

Barricade impressed me, but I needed more of a push.

Fisitron looked neat, but a bit generic.

Rewind was predictable and one I didn't like.

The Arms Microns piqued my interest and were definitely tempting.

But, Thrustinator...

Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517421)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 12th, 2013 @ 7:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
But, Thrustinator...

I hope you have that patented, because without a doubt I will be stealing that for my own purposes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517423)
Posted by TulioDude on September 12th, 2013 @ 8:04pm CDT
:michaelbay:

But i cant figure it out how does his voice sound!
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517424)
Posted by dedcat on September 12th, 2013 @ 8:04pm CDT
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517425)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2013 @ 8:06pm CDT
dedcat wrote:Watch this be that new waspinator toy mold but with a split down the middle (two-face from batman) paint job... and probably a retooled head.
Mkall wrote:
Only the head is new.
Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517426)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 12th, 2013 @ 8:08pm CDT

It would be impossible for FunPub to get a hold of a mold that hasn't even been released yet. Like it was previously mentioned, Thrustinator will be retooled from Beast Wars II Dirgegun, itself a heavy retooling of the original Beast Wars Waspinator toy.

Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator (1517427)
Posted by Henry921 on September 12th, 2013 @ 8:11pm CDT
Wonder if his affiliation will be Predacon or Vehicon... :-?

That pondered, this one's a miss for me. I have no particular affection for BWII or its figures, so both Heinrad and Thrustinator fall down and disappoint. I'll still get the service, but I suspect I'll be selling a few of the figures after the fact.

Might keep Fisitron for sentimental value, but these last two do nothing for me.

Ending Soon On eBay

Vintage G1 Transformers Scattershot 1987 HASBRO TAKARA - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 19 minutes 49 seconds
1986 G1 Headmaster called Apeface Loose Takara G1 Transformers Generation One - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 4 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece  MP-22 ULTRA MAGNUS Brand New & Unopened - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 52 minutes 6 seconds
Vintage Megatron 100% Complete 1984 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 40 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Generations Laser Optimus Prime Year of Goat 2015 Platinum Edition - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 55 minutes 58 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG15 Night Bird Shadow MISB JaPan - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 5 seconds
Transformers Go! G25 Autobot Sword Master Go Prime Takara Tomy Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 45 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Galaxy Force GX-03 SOUNDBLASTER TAKARA Toys's dream project Limited - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 15 minutes
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory