Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast"

Transformers News: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast"

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 11:38AM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,719

We have details on the next episode in DeNA's Transformers: Legends mobile device game, "Unleash the Beast". The episode is schedule to start today and run through the 15th. See further details below:

UNLEASH THE BEAST

EPISODE DURATION: 5/8 - 5/15

Shockwave has made a terrible mistake! Uncovering an ancient sample of CNA, he cloned some of the deadliest and most fearsome lifeforms from Cybertron's past. However, not even he could anticipate the beastly fury of these ancient monsters. Now that they are on the loose, it's up to you, Razorclaw and Divebomb to hunt them down and stop them.... before Lord Megatron finds out!

WHO MAY ENTER

Anyone is free to enter after reaching level 5.

EPISODE RANKINGS

When the Episode ends, players are ranked according to the amount of Episode Points they've accumulated, with high-ranking players receiving powerful limited edition TRANSFORMERS Legends cards!

PARTICIPATING IN THE EPISODE

Find a Terrorcon Squadron when scanning any area.
Battle the Boss!
If the enemy is too strong, work together with your allies to defeat the enemy!
Earn special rewards with Episode Points. Everyone who participates receives rewards!
FINDING TERRORCON SQUADRONS

After starting the Episode, you can find Terrorcon Squadrons through exploration. The Bosses can be found in both Decepticon and Autobot missions.

BATTLING THE BOSS

After finding a Boss, tap ACCEPT to engage in combat. The amount of time available for the battle depends on which Episode Boss you face. Battling a Boss consumes Battle Cubes.

You may battle a Boss as many times as you like within the given time limit. If the Boss’ health drops to 0 before time expires, the battle is won.

BOSS BATTLE STRATEGY

Assemble a deck with 9 Units.

Stats

A Unit's position in your deck determines the bonus applied to its stats. The front row receives a 3x bonus to both HP and Attack during battle, while rows 2 and 3 receive a 2x bonus.
Unit’s HP: (TRANSFORMERS Character Card HP stat x Weapon Card HP %) x Position Multiplier.
Event Bonus Character Cards

Boss Episodes include special TRANSFORMERS Character cards with Attack Power that is increased by an additional factor of 3 or 5 times for the duration of the Episode.
All Super Rare Decepticon Character cards will receive and additional 2 times Attack Power bonus for the duration of the episode.
WORK TOGETHER TO DEFEAT THE BOSS!

If a Boss still has HP after a battle, you can ask your allies for help.

REWARDS FOR ALL

If the Boss is defeated within the time limit, everyone who participated in the battle receives Episode Medals. Additional rewards, such as more Episode Medals, Battle Cube Recharges, and bonus Episode Points, are granted to players who accomplish the following goals:

First Blood: The first player to discover and attack a Boss.
MVP: The player who deals the most damage will gain bonus Episode Points.
Finisher: The player to deal the finishing blow to a Boss.
Rewards for Joining: Everyone who participates in a Boss battle receives rewards.
Friendship Bonuses: Defeat a Boss with enough players and everyone will earn extra rewards!
Rewards for Joining: Everyone who participates in a Boss battle.
Rewards are only earned if the Boss is defeated within the time limit.

EARNING EPISODE POINT BONUSES

You also earn Episode Points in addition to rewards for defeating a Boss.

Receive rewards for achieving certain Episode Point levels.

Rankings are determined by the amount of Episode Points accumulated at the end of the episode.

High-ranking players receive limited edition Rare and Super Rare TRANSFORMERS Character and Weapon cards.

IMPORTANT

The terms of the Episode are subject to change without notice.

Medals obtained during the Episode will be automatically converted to normal Silver and Gold Warrior and Weapon medals after the Episode ends.

Any items obtained through bugs or exploits will be confiscated.

Episode Ranking Rewards will be granted within 24 hours of the end of the Episode.

Special Medals are rewarded to the top players at the end of the episode. After the episode, the Special Medal gives you the chance to open one 15 card pack in the Spacebridge, but only for a week after the Episode ends!
Credit(s): DeNA

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485485)
Posted by Wigglez on May 8th, 2013 @ 11:39am CDT
I started playing this a few days ago and I'm level 31 with 119 cards and 31 weapons. I've been leveling up my cards before I transcan them because they are stronger than they would be if you transcan them without leveling them up. And it's good to see that another episode is starting already right when the Fatal Fury one ended a few days ago
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485495)
Posted by MarkNL on May 8th, 2013 @ 12:06pm CDT
This game is really addictive ;) and the art is nice.
I can recommend it to anyone who likes card/battle games.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485520)
Posted by diseptikon on May 8th, 2013 @ 2:20pm CDT
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485700)
Posted by wait for it on May 9th, 2013 @ 5:41am CDT
Anyone else unable to connect?
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485712)
Posted by esclavo on May 9th, 2013 @ 6:37am CDT
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485714)
Posted by monuo_ripts on May 9th, 2013 @ 6:50am CDT
esclavo wrote:Awesome! Can't wait to see which cards it unlocks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that when leveling a character, it levels quicker if you use the card for the same character. Is this correct?

I've tried that and it didnt level any faster. Although during the episode they were doing double xp so you may have noticed faster leveling then.

Here is what i did to test. Rare 2 Sludge is worth 1000 credits when used for leveling. I put 8 of him into a rare 3 optimus, got me to level 13 plus some on the level bar. Then i did the same to rare 2 sludge and got to the same place on the level bar.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485717)
Posted by AUStarwars on May 9th, 2013 @ 7:15am CDT
Ok now I can't get in the game at all anyone else having this issue?
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485724)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 9th, 2013 @ 7:45am CDT
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485727)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 9th, 2013 @ 7:53am CDT
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485728)
Posted by monuo_ripts on May 9th, 2013 @ 7:59am CDT
Hotrodimust wrote:When leveling up a card does it make a difference if you use all autobots on an autobot or is there no differences if you use autobots and decepticon cards to level up a certain faction. Also how do you level up weapons fast I barely get weapons but character cards I get a ridiculous amount during episodes I constantly fill me base up and have to sell cards so I can make room and have money to level up my team using the rarer cards. Also I must be very lucky because I get a lot of level 3 cards from the silver medal space bridge. I only bought one evel 3 card from the store all the rest I won or pick in the card cache and I have to give my daughter credit for that she is extremely lucky. I'd say 95% of the time she picks the level 3 card out for me lol.

Faction does not make a difference in leveling. I used the same method of 8 sludges for 8000 pts on an autobot and a decepticon and both ended up just over lvl 13, starting from lvl 1.

However, one thing to be said about leveling. The level of the cards you are using for fodder matters. During this last event I took a slipstream from lvl 1 to lvl 56 by using 8 MTM rare 3 cards that I no longer needed. The cards were 2 r3 optimus, 2 r3 megatrons, 2 r3 starscreams, and 2 r3 grimlocks. Remember that double XP was in effect so normally that may have only gotten me to around lvl 35-40.

Weapons used to be very difficult, now they are handing out gold weapon medals for participating in "tougher" boss battles like lvl 6 firestar, arcee, chromia, and elita one in the last episode. I ended the episode with 1800 medals. Waiting for the next episode to see if they do double xp on those.

Silvers have been giving up r3 decently. Usually out of 2000 silvers, I get around 60 r3 cards and sometimes an r4. My luck last episode, I got 6 r4 cards before it ended, then I cashed in 200 more golds when it was over to level up my elita and got R4 Grimlock robot mode.

Daughter's good luck is always a good thing, get her started on transformers at a young age and you've started right!
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485732)
Posted by ashe5k on May 9th, 2013 @ 8:03am CDT
Hotrodimust wrote:Also when I looked at the episode rewards all the way at the bottom it said 100 silver medals but I did not receive them. We're we supposed to get them and I finished just above the 2000 mark so I got 1 set of cromia 2 sets or arcee and 2 sets of fire starter and their weapons but no medals.

The bottom tier was for people who placed in that area, it's not all inclusive to every tier. They only get the 100 silver medals, you get actual level 4 event cards instead of the 100 silver medals in the tier after that. What's listed at each level is what you get.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485735)
Posted by wait for it on May 9th, 2013 @ 8:23am CDT
Seems like the game is back up.

I went to base and checked out selling prices for cards and the 2x is not in effect yet. Was hoping to get a jump on it to mtm my Elita-One and team.

Thats very interesting to know how much they give you for MTM R3 cards, but I still dont think I will use them in leveling. I'd rather keep them for nostalgia's sake. Some of the events I find myself with so many cards that I'm MTM'ing R3s that I know I'll never use just to make room for more cards from the missions.

I'm going nuts trying to get pairs for the R-4s I've picked up in the space bridge. Got a Tripticon, Flamewar, Galvatron, Elite (Not episode) Thundercracker and Prowl in one form. Might use some of them in the event today as fodder because of the 2x, but until I can make pairs and MTM they are just pretty to look at.

Good Luck in the event everyone. Add me if you see me around. PSUPaul1.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485740)
Posted by ashe5k on May 9th, 2013 @ 8:38am CDT
wait for it wrote:Seems like the game is back up.

Good Luck in the event everyone. Add me if you see me around. PSUPaul1.

They're doing another event starting today? For some reason I thought we had another week or two.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485741)
Posted by paul053 on May 9th, 2013 @ 8:39am CDT
After this update my bronze medals are all gone. :-( I intentionally kept quite a few so I can cash them out. Now they are gone.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485754)
Posted by wait for it on May 9th, 2013 @ 9:16am CDT
ashe5k wrote:
wait for it wrote:Seems like the game is back up.

Good Luck in the event everyone. Add me if you see me around. PSUPaul1.

I freakin wish. My wife is ready to strangle me because of this game. New event starts today I'm going to go ahead and guess 8 PM EST because thats the time all of the other events I've played in started.

They really need to space these out or I'm going to either have to:

A: Sit a few out.

or

B: Find room to sleep in the dog house next to my Rottie.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485757)
Posted by ashe5k on May 9th, 2013 @ 9:49am CDT
wait for it wrote:
ashe5k wrote:
wait for it wrote:Seems like the game is back up.

Good Luck in the event everyone. Add me if you see me around. PSUPaul1.

They really need to space these out or I'm going to either have to:

A: Sit a few out.

or

B: Find room to sleep in the dog house next to my Rottie.

I wait until my phone tells me my battle cubes are full usually then pop on, so once every three hours.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485780)
Posted by joesaysso on May 9th, 2013 @ 12:05pm CDT
wait for it wrote:

They really need to space these out or I'm going to either have to:

A: Sit a few out.

This may be one that I sit out. It will really depend on how many cubes I can store up in the first few hours. If they run this episode like the last one and give energon refills for first strike rewards on the second boss, I won't be able to earn enough cubes to make a serious run at the top 300. I figure I'll need 200 cubes minimum but probably closer to 300 to make a serious run. My math says that I spent somewhere around 270 cubes during the last episode. A better deck at the start of this episode means I'll accrue more points earlier without spending as many cubes.

If this is the case, I'll use the first couple days just earning medals for the sake of leveling all of my reward cards from the last episode. I'll play as long as I can without losing cubes. When the bosses get difficult to the point that I start losing cubes, I'll bow out and save the cubes for the next episode. I'll continue to employ this method until I have the target number of cubes I'm after so that I can take an episode seriously.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485781)
Posted by monuo_ripts on May 9th, 2013 @ 12:12pm CDT
Joe

That is my plan. I have 7 cubes. I think im tough enough now that i can start 1 cubing the first couple lvls of the 3rd boss now but we'll see what happens in this everchanging rollercoaster.

I think im going to submit for voting to refill 1 cube per 30 minutes, also i wish we could store 4 or 5 cubes at a time.

Or i know this is cheap but they would make easy money upfront and give more play value to the customer. Let us pay $5 to buy the above said upgrade permanently.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485808)
Posted by joesaysso on May 9th, 2013 @ 2:31pm CDT
monuo_ripts wrote:Joe

I'm a little better off. I have 67 cubes in storage plus the 3 you always hold. But if memory serves, I earned less than 100 cubes before I started encountering the second boss and breaking even last episode. That won't be anywhere near enough cubes to make a run. Plus, I won't be spending any money this time (or again possibly) to get the 5X card. I consider my draw last time with only $10 spent to be nothing short of miraculous. I won't have the 5X or 3X cards to boost my deck power like last episode and none of the Autobot reward cards from last episode will get 2X bonus for this episode, so I don't know how much punch my deck will pack just yet when it comes to the harder bosses. Therefore, unless I can get over 200 cubes in storage in the first day, I won't even entertain the thought of trying to get top prizes this episode.

I agree, I would probably pay a one time fee to have my cubes and energon, for that matter, recharge faster. Recently, I also thought to myself how glorious it would be to take your active cubes and deposit them into your inventory. I would pay for that option too. I mean the developers have made battling a complete waste of time anyway. I barely even use my cubes when I'm not in an episode. It would be nice to save them for later for more important things.
Re: Next Transformers: Legends Episode "Unleash the Beast" (1485823)
Posted by diseptikon on May 9th, 2013 @ 4:12pm CDT
Event is on today. It seems though no more 2x for deception r4s.