ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler

Transformers News: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler

Friday, August 3rd, 2012 12:02PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,581

IGN is reporting that ngmoco will be launching a new Transformers card battler later this year for Android and iOS. Details are minimal at this point, but it appears the game will be similar to DeNA's (ngmoco's parent company) popular Rage of Bahamut. The full article can be found by clicking here.

ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler
Credit(s): IGN
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1407049)
Posted by Novaprimal93 on August 3rd, 2012 @ 2:09pm CDT
This will be a nice addition to my apps. What I wouldnt give for a true CCG for Transformers. They could even cross it over with G.I. Joe! Why hasn't WotC done this already? You would think it would be a no brainer.
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1410632)
Posted by El Duque on August 17th, 2012 @ 9:42am CDT
DeNa has revealed some additional details regarding their previously reported Transformers Card Battler by way of International Business Times. The game will available on various mobile devices using DeNa's Mobage social gaming platform.

[quote]Transformers Battle will be a mobile game that can be played on phone handsets and tablets.

The premise is that the Earth is at war and gamers can choose to either defend the world as the Autobots or play the Decepticons and mine the planet of its resources.

Transformers cards can be matched with weapons cards to make them stronger. Players who save up material and currency can also fuse cards to create stronger base cards to battle with.

Players create the best possible combinations of melee, ranged and speed attacks and then do battle in fights where three of their robots take on three other droids.

The game contains common, uncommon, rare and super rare cards. Defeating a boss will win rare Transformers cards, or as mentioned above two separate cards can be fused together to make them more powerful. Exclusive 'World Events' will also offer the chance to win Transformers that are only available for a limited time.

Transformers Battle is released by DeNA on its Mobage social gaming platform.

Other trading card games from DeNa currently running on Mobage include Chains of Durandal, Deity Wars, Fantasica, Legend Cards and Rage of Bahamut.[/quote]
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1410667)
Posted by Heavy B on August 17th, 2012 @ 11:01am CDT
Oh my god, its POKEMON

[quote]In order to do battle with their friends players must collect Transformers and create a team of powerful robot warriors. Hundreds of Autobots and Decepticons are available to fill the deck and players also have the chance to gain a new Transformer from Cybertron each day by opening the Space Bridge to see which robots arrive.[/quote]

Translation: GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!!!!
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1415794)
Posted by El Duque on September 1st, 2012 @ 2:28pm CDT
Gaming site Kotaku gives us a look at a few of the cards from the upcoming Transformes Legends (previously announced as Transformers Mobile) mobile device card battler from ngmoco.

Additionally thygriever of fellow Transformers fan site TFW2005 was on hand at PAX Prime this weekend, and has provided the following run down:

thygriever wrote:
  • Single player lets you pick a side Autobot or Decepticon to start out your deck. However on the cybertron mission map you can play as either Autobot or Decepticon. The interface for the map and the menu look very slick.[/*:m]
  • You can collect cards for both factions and they can be mixed and matched for multiplayer. [/*:m]
  • Looks like for missions, you can only use the type of card for that faction's missions.[/*:m]
  • You collect cards playing "tap" mini games. Tapping the enemy gives you energon/money, not sure if there's a difference. Or occasionally a card. There is a completion meter on top to show your progress (presumably to repeat a mission to get all the items).[/*:m]
  • Rare cards are basically rare drops, a percentage.[/*:m]
  • He showed me his STACKED deck of cards (well he is the dev!), basically showed me the best cards like my favorite art which was robot mode Grimlock, which looked amazingggg. It seems every transformer has 2 cards, 1 for each mode.[/*:m]
  • When you view your cards, the card image moves based on your tilt to give a cool motion effect. The presentation of the card/art really makes a big difference.[/*:m]
  • You can EQUIP weapons you get to any robot. Basically he showed me his Grimlock had Optimus Prime's powerful rifle, to make him even stronger. Mix and match.[/*:m]
  • You can upgrade all cards. He showed me Grimlock's card when clicked had a bunch of upgrade slots. Not sure what the upgrades were exactly.[/*:m]
  • My biggest concern was the IPA. He told me it was basically more energy (or energon) to play more games. Obviously for a game like this, the money maker is to buy more play time to collect more cards.[/*:m]
  • There's also some kind of "space bridge" function that you can collect something to complete it or buy parts of it. I think he said completing it gives you a rare card.[/*:m][/list:u]

Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1415862)
Posted by philipjreed on September 1st, 2012 @ 6:34pm CDT
Gorgeous artwork! That Bombshell image is my favorite of the bunch.
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1415872)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 1st, 2012 @ 7:05pm CDT
Quite honestly... I am actually wishing that this was an actual CCG/TCG and not a virtual one. Simply because the art looks great, and would have made a great game for me (at least) have collected.

But since it is not, and I am still around in the fold by the time it arrives... I may still get it for the sake of playing (when I have the time to play it). :-?
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1415875)
Posted by Blackstreak on September 1st, 2012 @ 7:14pm CDT
In my experience w/ online card games, you will have an energy bar that is used up as you play matches whether pve or pvp. Here it's called IPA.

The space bridge is basically a crafting feature where components collected in the games can be used to craft a special card or item. Some of them will be harder to get than others.

I hope this gets released on more than just mobile devices. I don't do games on mobile devices but I will on my computer. Looks amazing so far.
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1415876)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 1st, 2012 @ 7:14pm CDT
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1415939)
Posted by Flashwave on September 1st, 2012 @ 11:33pm CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:5-10 years from now, if Hasbro decides to reset the Classics line like they do with Star Wars figures every few years, I hope the figures and box art look like this!

Funny you mention that, i was just noticing how much STreak and Smoke look like their Classic forms,mwith just enough artistic detailing to make them look really cool. I like this style.
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1415944)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 1st, 2012 @ 11:50pm CDT

So... Are you implying that they will reissue Transformers: The Movie and have Optimus Prime shoot first? ;)
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1416104)
Posted by Seibertron on September 2nd, 2012 @ 12:24pm CDT
That's some great artwork.

Only criticism I have is the placement of Bombshell's head cannon. If I didn't know better, it looks like he's got 3 rollers on the top of his head.

Other than that, these are some beautiful pieces of artwork.
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1416637)
Posted by Sideswipe9116 on September 4th, 2012 @ 12:19am CDT
This looks like a fun game and I can't wait till it comes out and the artwork looks Amazing :D :BOT: :KREMZEEK:
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1426203)
Posted by El Duque on October 3rd, 2012 @ 11:40am CDT
The official Transformers facebook page gives us a sneak peek at Megatron, Razorclaw, and Warpath from the upcoming Transformers: Legends mobile device game. Check out the mirrored images below.

[quote]TRANSFORMERS: Legends is the a new FREE GAME for your mobile device! We got a sneak peek at Megatron, Razorclaw and Warpath in their alternate & robot forms! Coming Fall 2012. PRE-REGISTER at http://transformers-legends.com/[/quote]

Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1426214)
Posted by FracturedKoi on October 3rd, 2012 @ 12:12pm CDT
Oh I LIKE that Megatron!
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1426216)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14pm CDT
Now if Hasbro/Takara can get a Megatron to look exactly like that. That would be an instant bought from, like, THE ENTIRE PLANET.
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1426218)
Posted by mattwhite924 on October 3rd, 2012 @ 12:16pm CDT
That may be the best Megatron alt-mode I've seen. It just looks perfect.
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1426234)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 3rd, 2012 @ 12:53pm CDT
well its cool art
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1426259)
Posted by Megazarak on October 3rd, 2012 @ 1:45pm CDT
If they ever make another MP Megatron (which they probably will), they should make it of this guy. That is a really cool reimagining of what G1 Megatron could look like.
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1426265)
Posted by DesertKing on October 3rd, 2012 @ 1:59pm CDT
The Megatron artwork is nice..... but I don't see how it can transform into a tank. :-?
Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler (1426287)
Posted by triKlops on October 3rd, 2012 @ 2:38pm CDT
pretty fresh artwork
the game looks more intriguing

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering