No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM

Transformers News: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM

Sunday, May 15th, 2011 2:55AM CDT

Category: Live Action Movie News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 30,749

Transformers Dark of the Moon director Michael Bay has posted the following in his very own forums:
Michael Bay wrote:After the internet posting of a nice review by someone who saw Transformers Dark of the Moon, the writer had not been clear on one thing. He misstated that the Twins are in the film. They are not.

So I am offering a 17.710 € REWARD to anyone who can find them performing in Transformers 3, on July 1, when the movie opens.

Michael

Click here for the original posting.
This does come over as kind of odd, since we've seen their redesigned alt-modes and toys, however, this wouldn't be the first time characters are taken out of a movie.
Credit(s): lazerwave, Connor A, Michael Bay
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222320)
Posted by Shockwave. on May 15th, 2011 @ 3:07am CDT
I will say it again and again. "Never belive a word what Michael bay says". His is up to somthing and thats BIG. Maybe Skids and Mudflap might get killed in this movie or they have been reprogramed or they might be the one to save the world.
I belive that Skids and Mudflap are in the movie. MICHAEL BAY IS LYING AND FOOLING WITH US!!! :P
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222321)
Posted by Starseeker on May 15th, 2011 @ 3:11am CDT
I'm glad they are out of it. I found them to be really annoying and just were not necessary characters. Plus, they didn't look as "real" as all the other characters (if that makes sense).
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222330)
Posted by Rodimus_NZ on May 15th, 2011 @ 3:46am CDT
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222335)
Posted by DavidT on May 15th, 2011 @ 3:54am CDT
[color=#0000FF]What?! You can see them in the trailer at 0:44

They are the last 2 vehicles in line[/color]
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222346)
Posted by OlivusPrime on May 15th, 2011 @ 4:41am CDT
DavidT wrote:[color=#0000FF]What?! You can see them in the trailer at 0:44

They are the last 2 vehicles in line[/color]

My theory is that they filmed that scene with the intention of including them in the film, and when they decided against the twins, they kept that shot because it would just take too much time and money to shoot it again without two cars you can barely see in the distance.

I hope they ain't in the film, otherwise Michael Bay will be flat broke...

I guess we now know why the film was listed at just under two hours - most of the movie featured the twins :lol:
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222350)
Posted by Spider5800 on May 15th, 2011 @ 4:53am CDT
rabstanz wrote:you can see Skids in the trailer! 1:39 in bottom left corner, the scene when Optimus is flying in doing his damage.. Bright green and standing out. Where's my $25,000?

That's Ratchet. Lighter shade of green, and you can see the big tire on his back like he had in the previous movies.

You can kinda-sorta see some black cars driving into the military hanger at about 40 seconds into the trailer that may be them, but it's so far away I can't say for sure. Who knows. Doubt i'll miss them anyway.

On a totally different note, after watching the trailer again, I realized that Wheeljack was in it, standing behind Prime at 0:44. Guy blends in well, but it definetely matches the image from that children's book we saw earlier
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222352)
Posted by sentinelprime1234 on May 15th, 2011 @ 5:01am CDT
God I'm sick of this, they are not in it, then they are, then they're not, then they are, then they're not. I don't know what to think anymore
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222381)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 15th, 2011 @ 7:00am CDT
Umm, that question was answered if you managed to see the leaked comic version of the movie, however, things do change and the script they get to produce the comic is never the final one.

Also, who do we believe, Michael Bay who loves misdirectional news or aint it cool news who are pretty forthcoming.
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222384)
Posted by RhA on May 15th, 2011 @ 7:03am CDT
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222400)
Posted by Windsweeper on May 15th, 2011 @ 7:53am CDT
Now if only they would cut out Wheeljack and his silly Einstein look.
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222411)
Posted by Gojenki on May 15th, 2011 @ 8:16am CDT
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222419)
Posted by rich prime on May 15th, 2011 @ 8:42am CDT
I take that money bay but I wait till june.
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222423)
Posted by Rated X on May 15th, 2011 @ 8:51am CDT
Actually, I wanted it the other way around. I want to see them in the movie but cancelled from the toy line. ;)
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222433)
Posted by retrothomas on May 15th, 2011 @ 9:08am CDT
This is fantastic news to me! My wife wanted them in the movie, though. She wanted them to die right in the beginning.
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222437)
Posted by SaTaN CoNvOy on May 15th, 2011 @ 9:16am CDT
RhA wrote:Luckily I'm wearing my tinfoil hat and cannot be fooled so easily. They're in the movie, dammit.

ditto

:CON:
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222470)
Posted by D-340 on May 15th, 2011 @ 10:26am CDT
Really, ol' Mike Bay just won't quit will he? He's gonna claim up and down they're not in the movie, then when we see that they are, he's gonna be all "look, I fooled you! I'm so clever!" I'm glad he thinks so highly of the fanbase. What a douche bag.

Gojenki wrote:U know the twins were the least of the problems with ROTF, and if they are in this one they will probably be the least of the problems with this up coming disaterpiece.U all need to stop acting like the twins were the low point in ROTF,have U all forgotten about Devy's low swinging balls, wheelie humping that girl's leg,or the appliance bot with the large "appendage" that was shooting at things??,but the twins are a problem???

That's what I'm screamin'.The Twins were tame compared to that, and the two scenes of doggy "domination", Sam's mom getting high on pot brownies, the stupid love story between Sam and Mikaela, Simmons' ass in a thong, Leo...........
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222511)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 15th, 2011 @ 11:43am CDT
How did the man mis-state information if he was even able to know they were "tuned down?" Personally, I think M. Bay is full of shit.
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222516)
Posted by First-Aid on May 15th, 2011 @ 11:45am CDT
Has anyone thought that maybe they are in the film, but don't actually have any lines? Honestly, I could live with that...
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222525)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 15th, 2011 @ 12:06pm CDT
Ok so every one that goes and sees the movie look for any trace of the twins look at background characters look at random parts on teh ground look at random cars cause if theres even a bumper in a frame bay has to pay up. We all know he wont cause he does nothing but lie and this is just another ploy to get people to see his shitty movie but you can still call him out on it.
Re: No Skids and Mudflap in DOTM (1222527)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 15th, 2011 @ 12:12pm CDT
rabstanz wrote:you can see Skids in the trailer!

In the trailer =/= In the movie

Perfect example, "You complete me":
YouTube - Iron Man 2 Trailer (OFFICIAL)
VS the final movie cut:
YouTube - Iron Man 2 Movie Clip: Sky Dive

Besides, we can only get the money if we see them in July in theaters.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Cybertron Lot of 3; Mudflap, Smokescreen, Armorhide - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 3 seconds
Transformers Animated Leader Class Megatron Osprey Helicopter - In Sealed Box - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 15 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers G1 Battletrap Helicopter Macau Action Figure Hasbro Takaka Japan - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 59 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers G1 Lightspeed 1987 Action Figure Hasbro MACAU - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 30 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 BLASTER Action Figure Hasbro Takaka Japan - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 30 minutes 8 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Classics CHUG Ironhide, complete number 2 - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 45 minutes 19 seconds
MEGATRON - Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen (ROTF) -  Voyager - New & Sealed - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 15 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Optimus Prime Voyager Class action figure NIP - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory