Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip

Transformers News: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip

Monday, December 10th, 2007 2:22PM CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Darth Bombshell   Views: 19,312

Cartoon Network has launched the offical website of the upcoming Transformers: Animated cartoon, and has posted a three minute preview clip. You can check out the site by clicking here. Please note that the clip can only be viewed in the US.
Credit(s): Dead Metal, Cartoon Network
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500575)
Posted by E.P.Y.A.R.M.S. on December 10th, 2007 @ 2:38pm CST
I actually liked it...there seemed to be good animation, some cool story elements, and good voice acting
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500580)
Posted by Silent_Magnus on December 10th, 2007 @ 2:40pm CST
Finally glad they have a site.
I hope people stop mistaking Transformers@themoon's site as official now.

edit: Starscream seems to be as treacherous as ever.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500595)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 10th, 2007 @ 2:49pm CST
Megatron: Badass, Starscream: Badass, Transformation sound, Badass, Story so far: Badass, Animation: horrid. If the series focuses on the bots 90% of the time then ill watch. But i know that wont happen. The damn meatbags are gonna ruin every thing i can feel it. I still say that this with either make or break Transformers. Its good timing to try crap like this out (seeing as how theres a new movie and a new classic line coming to salvage any mistakes) but they may be straying to far off. Even after seeing that clip im still fearing this show.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500620)
Posted by Nekoman on December 10th, 2007 @ 3:05pm CST
This is the worst piece of crap I have ever seen, a fan dub could have been better, aside from the dub, the animation made me want to vomit, no problem with primes mouth, simply I hate what they’ve done to ALL the characters. Why cant we get something like Micron densetsu or Superlink? I hate this filth!
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500624)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 10th, 2007 @ 3:07pm CST
I'm so impressed!

I will definitely be watching this sucker.

I think we might actually the best incarnation of Megatron yet. This one actually does something.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500628)
Posted by cybertronianjedi on December 10th, 2007 @ 3:09pm CST
this..will...be.....AWESOME!!
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500642)
Posted by Matrixv01 on December 10th, 2007 @ 3:24pm CST
Very cool vid clip.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500652)
Posted by Silent_Magnus on December 10th, 2007 @ 3:32pm CST
Epsiode 13 is called Headmaster.
Too bad it probably won't have anything to do with the transforming kind.

Edit:

Slight Spoilers:
OH SNAP there are constructicons later in the season.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500664)
Posted by Magnimus on December 10th, 2007 @ 3:39pm CST
I can't see the clip because it is for US Audiences only.

I did read through the episode summaries though. Sounds interesting.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500673)
Posted by Roboto750 on December 10th, 2007 @ 3:45pm CST
Kick @SS!!! I haven't been a huge fan of any TF show since BW. Things might finally change!
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500679)
Posted by i_amtrunks on December 10th, 2007 @ 3:50pm CST
Awesomesauce. Pure unadulterated Awesomesauce.

Tom Kenny does a superb job giving Starscream a whiny raspy voice, I think many people will find it hard to believe he is both Starscream and Spongebob.
Megatron sounds different, and not in a bad way at all, he is now more of a growler than a gloater, a nice change from the Beast Wars and A/E/C series.

This series is going to be an absolute blast, I cannot wait!
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500681)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 10th, 2007 @ 3:51pm CST

Somebody ripped a really low quality version to YouTube.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500685)
Posted by microclone on December 10th, 2007 @ 3:54pm CST
thats really quite engaging, thats something i cannot say for cybertron. i like the dark purple colour scheme when mags and SS are interacting. Megs looks awesome. Great to see that clip ending on a cliff hanger of sorts. Transformers of not im not sure why anybody would suggest that this is dreadful, its appears to combine a serious feel with comedy quite successfully, overall i reckon this is a way better move than using CGI. thumbs up.

Haters, on 26th Dec 'just turn of your television sets and do something less boring instead' sorry, i had to say that, older UK fans will know what the hell thats about.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500691)
Posted by Lunarabbit on December 10th, 2007 @ 4:01pm CST
Sentinel Prime in Episode 18, eh? Cool. Honestly speaking, this is the most excited I've been about a TF series in a very long time, and I hope that I'm not disappointed.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500721)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on December 10th, 2007 @ 4:26pm CST
Satisfactory. I'm quite interested in seeing the rest of that episode. Feels like Justice League, but Justice League was cool. So's this.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500726)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on December 10th, 2007 @ 4:29pm CST
Jeysie wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Oh this sucks, I can't watch the clip, cos I don't live in the US!

Buh, I can't watch it because it wants me to download ActiveX (sorry, not happening). Stupid IE-only web design.

But, personally I like what I've heard of Starscream in previous clips; reminds me of G1 Starscream.

Is ActiveX IE-only? Only reason I couldn't watch the clip is because cartoonnetork.com doesn't support Mac OS X. And I don't think that's limited to ActiveX or IE (which Microsoft doesn't make for Mac anymore). That's why I don't ever watch the toonami jetstream stuff, is because I'm on an iMac. Could always jump over to my sister's computer....but I'd rather do stuff on my own computer.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500745)
Posted by bumblezzz on December 10th, 2007 @ 4:42pm CST
Man , Animated can't come any sooner. I can't wait to see what the haters say next it is really hilarious. Animated=Next G1 anybody!
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500755)
Posted by Bed Bugs on December 10th, 2007 @ 4:45pm CST
Good news: Constructicons
Bad news: Only 2 of them :(

I'm going to guess that it will be Scrapper and Long Haul. They make the most sense to do together if they are only putting two of them in.

The backstory of the Dinobots is pretty interesting too, being park gimmicks gone haywire.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500772)
Posted by Saberspark model H. on December 10th, 2007 @ 4:57pm CST
That looks good but my computer played it like a slide show I could still hear the noise just couldn't see the action. Primes mouth movements were hilarious whe he said Teltran-1. I did catch a little spongebob in starscream it sounded like he was angry or pirate spongebob. But overall I'm gonna watch it.
Re: Offical Website of Transformers: Animated Online! Includes Preview Clip (500778)
Posted by cellshock on December 10th, 2007 @ 5:00pm CST
The biggest standouts were definitely the G1 transformation sound and Starscream's voice. Not a total Latta ripoff, but certainly a damn nice homage - the best so far. I love Cory Burton's voice work in G1 (Shockwave & Brawn were always two of my favorites) but I'm really not liking his Megatron. Sounds too human. Prime's voice is surprisingly boring. Bumblebee's is about what I expected, for better or worse.

I still think the whole aesthetic of Animated looks absolutely awful, but I will admit that the animation is better than I expected it would be. I might give the show a chance, but it's still going to take a LOT of convincing to ever get me to buy any of the figures.

Ending Soon On eBay

Rampage MINT 100% Complete 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 9 minutes 27 seconds
NEW TRANSFORMERS G1 AUTOBOTS BLITZWING BOX SET MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 24 minutes 39 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS DOTM NIGHTMARE MEGATRON LEADER CLASS EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 21 minutes 13 seconds
Sinnertwin Abominus MINT 100% Complete 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 31 minutes 22 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Mighty Muggs Lot - Megatron, Optimus Prime, Soundwave - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 18 minutes 38 seconds
hot ! Kaiyodo Tokusatsu Revoltech No.030 Transformers Optimus Prime figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 55 minutes 5 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Combiner Wars Menasor Stunticons BRAKE-NECK Wildrider NEW Sealed - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 25 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations RID Deluxe Class THUNDERCRACKER Figure NEW Sealed MOSC - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 20 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents