Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images

Transformers News: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images

Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 10:00PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 38,844

Courtesy of multimedia website, io9, we have our first look at the upcoming toys of Dinobots Slog and Snarl, bringing the total count to seven! Also of note, an explanation from Hasbro designers as to why the toys have unique color schemes, while the CGI models do not.

First things first, you can read the full article here: http://io9.com/first-look-at-more-new-d ... 1576654201

Second, the Hasbro designers have their say:

When it comes to the movie Grimlock toys being predominantly gold versus the gray in the movie, it's a choice to make the toys pop out a bit more, and to get kids to associate that color with the character, like they associate yellow with Bumblebee and blue/red with Optimus. They heard a lot of feedback internally and from consumers about how it can get hard to tell who's who in the movies sometimes, with so many robots being black or gray. It's also useful for color palettes to be unique at retail - every kid knows a yellow sports car in the toy aisle is likely to be Bumblebee, for example.

And last, but certainly not least, the images of the Dinobots themselves!

Credit(s): io9

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574032)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:03pm CDT
The first Sauropod TF since G1 Sludge! :KREMZEEK:

These guys look ready for battle in dino mode, and positively brutish in robot mode. Nice! 8)
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574033)
Posted by SFXPrime on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:03pm CDT
Slog, or Sludge, looks 100% badass! I dig Snarl as well.
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574035)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:07pm CDT
Oh yeah when I was kid it was SO hard to tell a Triceratops from the Brontosaurus because they had the same team colors. These are hideous... wait these are ROCK LORDS correct lol.
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574036)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:08pm CDT
Oh sweet fancy Primus, those are beautiful!
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574037)
Posted by Rated X on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:10pm CDT
They look awesome. But I hope all that red crap comes off of sludge. I dont want to display my dinos with cannons.
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574038)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:12pm CDT
I don't know why, but I really wasn't expecting these guys to look this cool. They're awesome.
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574039)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:15pm CDT
Several months down the road we will get "G1 color versions" of the toys, and several months before or after that, we'll get "actual movie color versions" of the same toys. Perhaps even a 4th cycle or Monsterbot/Sparkbot/Prime Predacon recolors. Gotta milk those molds...
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574041)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:18pm CDT
HOLY F*CKING SH*T THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!! :BOWDOWN: =P~ :BOWDOWN: =P~ :BOWDOWN: =P~
I don't care if they are not screen accurate, I don't care if not all the Dinobots appear in the movie, I don't care how much it take for me to get all seven due to the crappy distribution, I WANT ALL SEVEN DINOBOTS!!!!
Also, they are on a streak, and these two kinda came out of nowhere, so please, MAKE MOREEEEEEEEEEE!!! :D :grin: :x
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574043)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:20pm CDT
Also, Snarl is holding his weapon upside-down, I think the green part is supposed to be the blade of his MOTHER SLAGGIN' AXE!!!
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574044)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:21pm CDT
Slog is pretty neat. Though the waist-down looks a little odd.

Snarl looks...cool? Looks like Shockwave, Snarl, and Vilgax from Ben 10 (or some other green character from the same series) sat down in a meeting one day and started off with "Y'know what'll piss off GEEWUNers to no end...?" Not to say he's bad, but I'll reserve judgement until some in-hand images and reviews pop up.

But, there's also something very worrying for me: where are all the Decepticons? Surely Galvatron, Stinger, and Lockdown can't hold their own against twelve (maybe even more) Autobots. :-s
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574045)
Posted by omega666 on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:23pm CDT
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574048)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:25pm CDT
It looks like the red bits on Sludge are fixed and may be part of some gimmick with flip out weapons.
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574049)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:29pm CDT
Án all gray Dinobot team? Meh...
Those look FABULOUS and we can tell them appart at a glance. I'm looking forward to have the complete Dinobot team. Let's hope they will be well distributed and evenly.
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574052)
Posted by spongedude93 on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:32pm CDT
Snarl looks like a giant super pissed Waspinator. And I mean that in the best of ways

Slog/Sludge is right badass. Dude just dual wields lances.

Well the Dinobots are 7 for 7, thats going to be tough to beat
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574053)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:33pm CDT
omega666 wrote:I guess kids today have lost the ability to read. Box says, "Grimlock", "Slog", "Snarl"...it's so hard to tell them apart.

If you must READ THE NAMES on the packaging to tell the things appart, the designers did something wrong.

Dont forget that the hardcore nerd is just a very, very small percentage of Hasbro's customers. Most people who buy the things are parents and grandparents who don't know the name of the bots and they dont give a fawk about learning them.
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574054)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:39pm CDT
Whoa, wasn't actually expecting toys of Slog and Snarl. The 5 or whatever Dinobots we've already got (which each have like 5 versions themselves) seemed like a lot, not to mention they never give ol' Stego and Sauropod any toys...

I'm totally fine with the Dinobots each having distinct colors, I prefer it that way actually since I had the G2 versions. 'Course, since I had the G2 versions I'm a touch peeved these guys (well, Slug, Snarl, and Grimlock) are the "wrong" colors. Yeah, I know that's basically the same complaint as the fans of the traditional grey, but they've done a few G2 homages already, and G2 is really the only other time the Dinobots had colors, so I dunno why they didn't go properly G2 with these guys.

I hope those weapons can pop of Slog there. All the other Dinobots look clean and, erm... "natural"? (not the best word, but I can't think of a better one at the moment) but then Slog's got these weird lance things hovering over his shoulders. Lances with strange 'arms' that look really off in robot mode.
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574055)
Posted by hinomars19 on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:43pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

That's all well and good, but if Snarl isn't green in the movie what exactly is there for this kind of recognition theory to bounce off of? Kids know the yellow car on the shelf is Bumblebee because Bumblebee is the yellow one in the film, yes?

Not sayin it's wrong in theory, just that the theory here is based on backwards thinking. If that's what Hasbro want then the dinos need to be colour coded in the actual movie. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574056)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:43pm CDT
I just noticed the "curling iron" hands on Snarl there. Might end up being an issue since his weapon is an axe and he won't be able to wield it properly with out wrists. Oh well, still gonna get these!
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574057)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:44pm CDT
More like their parents won't buy keep buying Dinobots if they perceive them to be too similar.

"Eh, a dinosaur is a dinosaur, and they all start with 'S', so what's the difference? I'm not buying him 2 of the same toy, let alone 7."

And indeed, the quest to get another TF with an honest to Primus Sauropod alt has been, in the words of a former Defense Secretary, "a long, hard Slog"
(When I saw he had that many weapons, that phallic looking, it took a lot of restraint not to quote Skwisgaar Skwigelf instead)
Re: Official Age of Extinction Dinobots Slog And Snarl Toy Images (1574058)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:45pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

"Timmy, I'm going to the store. Is there any one toy you would like me to get for you?"

"Oh boy, Gramma, yes yes! I want the Transformer that's a silver and gold dinosaur!"

"Is that all, Timmy? Is there anything else about I should know?"

"It's the dinosaur Transformer that's silver and gold! And red, I think it has some red on it! Oh, and it's one of the good guys so it comes in a red and black box!"

This is how a lot of kids act. I interact with them all the time. They are not stupid, they just don't think about these thinks in as much detail as adults do.

Ending Soon On eBay

vintage Transformers Combat Communicators Walkie Talkies G1 Soundwave Durham MIB - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 5 minutes 33 seconds
2006 Transformers Excellion Figure Complete Deluxe Class Cybertron hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 54 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers G1/G2 RAPIDO AXELERATOR Autobot Robot Action Figure 1992 Hasbro VTG - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 25 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers TAKARA 2000 C-025 SUPER MACH ALERT Prowl Rid Robots In Disguise - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 11 minutes 1 second
Transformers 1984 Hasbro G1 PERCEPTOR Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 11 minutes 5 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 REISSUE KO SLAG DINOSAUR DINOBOT 100% complete + instruction - Time Remaining: 13 days 4 hours 27 minutes
2005 Transformers Mudflap Complete Figure Cybertron Voyager Class - Time Remaining: 6 days 14 hours 57 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Autobot SKIDS Action Figure Comic Series 2 30th - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 42 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive