Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes

Transformers News: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes

Monday, March 31st, 2014 11:50PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 40,141

The Ragin Nation has posted new packaged toy images, courtesy of Hound Meta, plus a higher resolution image of Galvatron's box artwork, courtesy of Ariiel Zanabria. Some of these we've already seen in rushed shots at Toy Fair, some we've yet to see in detail such as these. The following images are included:

Deluxe Class
Drift
Scorn
Strafe

Voyager Class
Galvatron

Leader Class
Grimlock
Optimus Prime

We've mirrored the images below.

Credit(s): Hound Meta, Ariiel Zanabria, The Ragin Nation
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561698)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 1st, 2014 @ 12:12am CDT
I was gonna wait and see what the Deluxes were going to look like, and see whether or not to pass on them. Then....I see Drift.

Fake car chest, with the real car mode hood and grill forming his a**.....or hanging off of it. Not to mention that his color scheme looks NOTHING like the car used in the movie except that they both have blue in them.. UGH. If this is what the entire Generations/Movie toy line ends up looking like, I won't be getting any of them.
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561699)
Posted by RhA on April 1st, 2014 @ 12:13am CDT
Drift is not doing it for me.
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561702)
Posted by Echo_Shell on April 1st, 2014 @ 12:34am CDT
Samurai Wreck-Garr, erm...Drift worries me.
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561703)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 1st, 2014 @ 12:48am CDT
Is it weird that I kinda like them? Mostly the Dinobots, but also that Drift. I have Generations Blurr, and that's as close as possible as I want to get to IDW Drift because I effing hate him. But this looks alright to me. It's like a Cybertronian Yoshimitsu. Infact, I may just call him that instead of Drift. :D
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561705)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 1st, 2014 @ 1:04am CDT
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561707)
Posted by Spleenzorio on April 1st, 2014 @ 1:13am CDT
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561708)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 1st, 2014 @ 1:17am CDT
Spleenzorio wrote:So is Scorn supposed to be a spinosaurus, and if so then why isn't he bigger than Grimlock?

Because Grimlock is King.
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561711)
Posted by Spleenzorio on April 1st, 2014 @ 1:21am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

Because Grimlock is King.

Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561712)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 1st, 2014 @ 1:22am CDT
Drift is freaking terrible in so many ways. Whata serious piece of $#!*

Scorn and Strafe on the other hand are looking pretty awesome so far. Most likely going to be Predacons on my shelf as long as something can be done for those knees. They look way too thin. If they can't line up tighter against the calves, then I will probably pass.
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561716)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 1st, 2014 @ 1:56am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:For those of you complaining about Drift's fake chest, look closer. The bumper tells you that its not fake, it lines up directly with his kibble. its the middle section of the car front, the rest folds around back. There are fake details aplenty, but that one doesn't bother me so much.

Ahhh...I stand corrected. Knowing that does make me feel a little better about it, but it still bothers me that he's not black and blue (in the literal sense). And I hope that the butt-kibble folds up better than what it does in the package.
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561725)
Posted by leokearon on April 1st, 2014 @ 3:06am CDT
Are those Drift's Swords they look tiny, they look like Fat, Stubby Nightsticks
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561734)
Posted by Henry921 on April 1st, 2014 @ 5:14am CDT
leokearon wrote:Are those Drift's Swords they look tiny, they look like Fat, Stubby Nightsticks

Note he has four of them. Maybe they're meant to fit two in each hand, so he can quad wield?

Leader Class Grimlock certainly looks better in robot mode than his oddly elongated beast mode, but I'm still not too keen on him. Were it not for the absolutely terrible beast mode, I'm sure I'd go for the voyager.

All the Deluxe Dinobots look like winners, though I'm on the fence about Slash. There are some positives.
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561735)
Posted by frogbat on April 1st, 2014 @ 5:14am CDT
i kinda like drift's toy. Not sure about the artwork... the face looks way too human.

prime - i don't have a feel for this version - looks very blocky or backpacky

grimlock - need to see the film to make up my mind, but he seems the weakest. Perhaps cos one's expectations ride high.

the other dinobots look great though they give me a bionicle like vibe
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561755)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:29am CDT

Not all spinosaurus species were bigger than a T-rex.
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561757)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:35am CDT
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561759)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:38am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:

Not all spinosaurus species were bigger than a T-rex.

Correction: Hasbro gives a flying flip about proper scale, no way around it. No need to rationalise it, it's the cold hard truth.

GuyIncognito wrote:The "Ages 8+" is really interesting. Is that the first time we've seen that on TF figures? (Haven't they always been 3+ or 5+?) I guess that's the help differentiate these from the "simple" line.

The 8+ is indeed odd, But understandable. Also happy they didn't go like 13+ or even 18+ :oops:
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561763)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:51am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure if anything higher than 8+ would really swing that well with the toy stores.

So what we got here is:

• Rescue Bots: Ages 2 and Up[/*:m]
  • Robots in Disguise: Ages 4 and Up[/*:m]
  • Generations: Ages 8 and Up[/*:m][/list:u]
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561779)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 1st, 2014 @ 9:37am CDT
That Prime looks good, I want to pick him up. I think I mainly have a problem with the shade of grey they used, it looks bland. Plus I'm not a fan of his head. On the other hand, everything else is better than the FE. He isn't as big of a shellformer, he has chrome in good spots like his smokestacks and fuel tanks. And Reprolabels will probably be able to fix his blah factor. The only thing that concerns me is how low his shoulders sit, haven't seen them look good in any photos, but Hasbro is known for mistransforming stuff everywhere.
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561794)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 1st, 2014 @ 10:17am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

So what we got here is:

• Rescue Bots: Ages 2 and Up[/*:m]
  • Robots in Disguise: Ages 4 and Up[/*:m]
  • Generations: Ages 8 and Up[/*:m][/list:u]

8+ is stupid IMO. I can't imagine that those deluxes are going to be that complex, certainly not as complex as ROTF leader Prime for example which is 5+.

My son spotted that 8+ straight away and interestingly he was more interested in Drift than he was in the Dino's.
Re: Official Age of Extinction In Package Images From Deluxe And Leader Classes (1561798)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 1st, 2014 @ 10:21am CDT
Dino's are so bought. Loving Strafe in particular.

Ending Soon On eBay

SPECIAL G1 Transformers OCTANE TAIL FIN SHIELD part - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 44 minutes 16 seconds
1986 Hasbro G1 Transformers Onslaught Misc Parts and Instructions - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 45 minutes 25 seconds
RHINOX Deluxe TransMetals 2 HEROIC MAXIMAL 1999 Transformers BEAST WARS - MOC - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 17 minutes 39 seconds
Vintage Transformers G1: Fortress Maximus Hasbro, Japan, almost complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 20 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Generations Ultra Magnus Combiner Wars Leader Class Hasbro New - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 22 minutes 3 seconds
1998 Takara Transformers Beast Wars D-16 Neo GALVATRON figure MIB Hasbro SEALED - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 20 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Scout Autobot Brakedown (2005). - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 9 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers 2006 Takara MP-3 Masterpiece Starscream Destron Air Commander MISB - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 10 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory