Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl

Saturday, July 12th, 2014 11:44AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,425

Once again from the Amazon Japan we have some really nice official high res images of LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, and LG05 Whirl from Takara Tomy's recently announced Transformers Legends line. Each features a differing deco compared to their domestic Hasbro counterparts. Check out the great images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: "Transformers Legends" Toy Line announced by Takara Tomy coming in October

Credit(s): Amazon Japan
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl (1589989)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 12th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CDT

Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl (1589990)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 12th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CDT
EDIT: Duplicate post. Damned Kremzeeks must be in my PC.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl (1589996)
Posted by megatronus on July 12th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:Also, am I the only one who finds it funny that the Japanese releases of the Beast Era figures are (mostly) infinitely superior to the Hasbro ones, in spite of the Japanese dubs of Beast Wars and Beast Machines being utter abominations? Even the Japanese thought it was awful IIRC.

I prefer Hasbro's Waspinator & Rhinox (except for the guns)...
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl (1589997)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 12th, 2014 @ 12:35pm CDT
Am I the only one who loves Whirl's colors? It looks better than the Hasbro version.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl (1590015)
Posted by xyl360 on July 12th, 2014 @ 1:00pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:Looks pretty good! Loving Tankor in particular. Shame that the inevitable crazy price of Takara imports makes army building out of the question.
I'd army build the hell out of them if the alt mode looked more like the show. As it is, I'll have this and Hasbro's Tankors in bot mode on the shelf and my 4 smaller Hasbro Deluxe Tank Drones in tank mode representing the army of drones.

Takara's been doing more show accurate paint schemes on the Beast Wars figures pretty much since the beginning. In fact, I just acquired this for my collection (although on my 'cast' shelf I have a kitbashed custom representing Terrorsaur in bot mode) and that's back from 1997:

edit: Sorry, it looks like TFU doesn't like linking to their images. Anyway, it's the version on this page under Variations.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl (1590035)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 12th, 2014 @ 1:35pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:

The first year had them all be identical to Hasbro's, the "show-accurate" variations appeared in the second year and are much rarer. Terrorsaur commands an especially high price, reach $200 MISB easy.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl (1590037)
Posted by xyl360 on July 12th, 2014 @ 1:44pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
xyl360 wrote:

Yep, that's because in the first year, the show didn't exist so there was nothing to be done to make the toys more show accurate (since the toy line came first). Yeah, I just snagged that one for $170 MIB. They're definitely pricey.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl (1590234)
Posted by Heckfire on July 12th, 2014 @ 10:41pm CDT
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl (1590238)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 12th, 2014 @ 11:00pm CDT
Heckfire wrote:You ever wonder if there's some Dvorack fan out there psyched that two of the mechs are getting new toys?

I know there are many fans of Japanese Mecha who would be excited for this but they might not know since the majority of those fans hate Transformers.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Tankor, LG04 Roadbuster, LG05 Whirl (1590328)
Posted by shajaki on July 13th, 2014 @ 11:06am CDT
tankor looks reeeaallly nice. but its a shame we still cant the sides of his shoulders to confirm some vehicon badges.

and gratz on the terrorsaur xyl!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction