Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

Transformers News: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 11:01PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,487

Amazon Japan has updated their pre-order for Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack with nice high res full color official images! Wheeljack is estimated to arrive in August. Check 'em out below!

Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Discussion

Credit(s): Amazon Japan
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560547)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:08pm CDT
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560551)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:18pm CDT
So its done! they should ship this now
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560553)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CDT
August cannot come soon enough.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560554)
Posted by Captain on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:30pm CDT
So does WJ look like this in G1? I don't remember the black windows?
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560557)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:36pm CDT
Captain wrote:So does WJ look like this in G1? I don't remember the black windows?
Nope!

This deco is based on the real life Lancia Stratos instead of Wheeljack's cartoon colors.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560560)
Posted by Captain on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:48pm CDT
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560565)
Posted by Joetx on March 27th, 2014 @ 12:13am CDT
Captain wrote:That's what I thought. I hope at least Hasbro or Takara has the clear version windows. That black is a pass for me. :roll:

There will be a Hasbro version?
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560570)
Posted by MegaDump on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:02am CDT
Every time I see this, I think of Dr Smoov's "S.O.S. Wheeljack"
They need to release a version of this with a button for sound clips so we can hear him say "F@$# you Huffer!"
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560571)
Posted by megatronus on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:02am CDT
Joetx wrote:

There will be a Hasbro version?

We don't know if Hasbro will do one; they haven't released any of the (2) licensed cars to date. The next MP on their list is another Grimlock reissue.

At any rate, this deco doesn't look bad at all. Especially considering the original toy.

Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560581)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:36am CDT
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560582)
Posted by megatronus on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:38am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:I agree the windows could be a lot less dark, but otherwise he looks amazing. That fourth pic is so cool, almost like he just jumped out of the cartoon. 8)

I think Prime is the only MP not to have tinted windows... I guess they're trying to hide their holo-drivers ;)
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560595)
Posted by Samsonator on March 27th, 2014 @ 3:15am CDT
I know it's become something of a point of contention with some people, but for me, I love the vehicle Wheeljack was based on, so seeing it rendered so beautifully right down to the red rims on the wheels is fantastic.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560596)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 27th, 2014 @ 3:44am CDT
Looks great! Looking at the photos I can almost hear Chris Latta's voice.

The windshield are consistent with the other Autobot cars.

It appears that the "wings" are made from clear plastic as a homage to the G1 toy.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560604)
Posted by robotmel on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:15am CDT
:D

Is this the official release or the KO..? ;)
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560606)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:27am CDT
The black is all dandy with me. I can even tolerate some of the excessive green.

My problem is with the bit of the hood still under windshield in bot mode. That is the biggest let down for me.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560607)
Posted by craggy on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:43am CDT
the wings and windscreen on the original (or at least the Classics Heroes version I got) were a bit cloudy/dark than completely clear, so that doesn't bother me on this guy. looks pretty great.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560612)
Posted by Stormrider on March 27th, 2014 @ 7:34am CDT
MegaDump wrote:Every time I see this, I think of Dr Smoov's "S.O.S. Wheeljack"

lol. I love Dr Smoov's impression of Wheeljack!

I am surprised that this has an August release date. They seem to be ahead of schedule with the painted prototype. This is going to be a long 5 month wait.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560619)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 27th, 2014 @ 7:56am CDT
End of August for online Japanese shops to be exact.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560646)
Posted by VioMeTriX on March 27th, 2014 @ 9:50am CDT
robotmel wrote::D

Is this the official release or the KO..? ;)

ummm sir think real hard here.... if the original has not been released, how do we have a knock off...cant say it hasn't been done before, but very unlikely there will be a ko before official realease... ~even grimlock could figure that out :BOOM: ~
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560650)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 9:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Really hope they make a toon-accurate redeco later on since I really don't care for the real life car-accurate deco, but the mold itself looks fantastic.

makes sense that they would. they like to release the least anticipated versions first.

back to the figure... i could stare into those blue eyes for hours :x

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generation 2(G2) ~ TRF-13 Optimus Prime of Justice/Convoiy ~ Takara - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 57 minutes 54 seconds
Hot Transformers X-Transbots X Club MX-I Megatron Apollyon second batch - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 16 minutes 47 seconds
DHL SDCC Hasbro Transformers TITAN FORCE Wingblade Brainstorm Sentinel Prime - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 1 minute 47 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS AGE OF EXTINCTION DINOBOT SLOG ACTION FIGURE TOY - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 3 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 OVERLORD shoulder rocket cone SET (discolour) - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 50 minutes 8 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Classics CHUG Scourge Sweep, MISP MOSC - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 19 minutes 54 seconds
VINTAGE 1989 G1 MEGA PRETENDERS THUNDERWING TRANSFORMERS 99% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 36 minutes 2 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS LEADER SKYWARP ROBOT TRUCK ACTION FIGURES TOY - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 30 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory