Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

Transformers News: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 11:01PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,013

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Amazon Japan has updated their pre-order for Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack with nice high res full color official images! Wheeljack is estimated to arrive in August. Check 'em out below!


Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Discussion

Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Discussion

Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Discussion

Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Discussion

Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Discussion

Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Discussion

Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Discussion
Credit(s): Amazon Japan
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560547)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:08pm CDT
Really hope they make a toon-accurate redeco later on since I really don't care for the real life car-accurate deco, but the mold itself looks fantastic.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560551)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:18pm CDT
So its done! they should ship this now
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560553)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CDT
August cannot come soon enough.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560554)
Posted by Captain on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:30pm CDT
So does WJ look like this in G1? I don't remember the black windows?
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560557)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:36pm CDT
Captain wrote:So does WJ look like this in G1? I don't remember the black windows?
Nope!
Image

This deco is based on the real life Lancia Stratos instead of Wheeljack's cartoon colors.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560560)
Posted by Captain on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:48pm CDT
That's what I thought. I hope at least Hasbro or Takara has the clear version windows. That black is a pass for me. :roll:
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560565)
Posted by Joetx on March 27th, 2014 @ 12:13am CDT
Captain wrote:That's what I thought. I hope at least Hasbro or Takara has the clear version windows. That black is a pass for me. :roll:


There will be a Hasbro version?
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560570)
Posted by MegaDump on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:02am CDT
Every time I see this, I think of Dr Smoov's "S.O.S. Wheeljack"
They need to release a version of this with a button for sound clips so we can hear him say "F@$# you Huffer!"
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560571)
Posted by megatronus on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:02am CDT
Joetx wrote:
Captain wrote:That's what I thought. I hope at least Hasbro or Takara has the clear version windows. That black is a pass for me. :roll:

There will be a Hasbro version?

We don't know if Hasbro will do one; they haven't released any of the (2) licensed cars to date. The next MP on their list is another Grimlock reissue.

At any rate, this deco doesn't look bad at all. Especially considering the original toy.

Image
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560581)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:36am CDT
I agree the windows could be a lot less dark, but otherwise he looks amazing. That fourth pic is so cool, almost like he just jumped out of the cartoon. 8)
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560582)
Posted by megatronus on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:38am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:I agree the windows could be a lot less dark, but otherwise he looks amazing. That fourth pic is so cool, almost like he just jumped out of the cartoon. 8)

I think Prime is the only MP not to have tinted windows... I guess they're trying to hide their holo-drivers ;)
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560595)
Posted by Samsonator on March 27th, 2014 @ 3:15am CDT
I know it's become something of a point of contention with some people, but for me, I love the vehicle Wheeljack was based on, so seeing it rendered so beautifully right down to the red rims on the wheels is fantastic.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560596)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 27th, 2014 @ 3:44am CDT
Looks great! Looking at the photos I can almost hear Chris Latta's voice.

The windshield are consistent with the other Autobot cars.

It appears that the "wings" are made from clear plastic as a homage to the G1 toy.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560604)
Posted by robotmel on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:15am CDT
:D
Image

Is this the official release or the KO..? ;)
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560606)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:27am CDT
The black is all dandy with me. I can even tolerate some of the excessive green.

My problem is with the bit of the hood still under windshield in bot mode. That is the biggest let down for me.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560607)
Posted by craggy on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:43am CDT
the wings and windscreen on the original (or at least the Classics Heroes version I got) were a bit cloudy/dark than completely clear, so that doesn't bother me on this guy. looks pretty great.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560612)
Posted by Stormrider on March 27th, 2014 @ 7:34am CDT
MegaDump wrote:Every time I see this, I think of Dr Smoov's "S.O.S. Wheeljack"
They need to release a version of this with a button for sound clips so we can hear him say "F@$# you Huffer!"


lol. I love Dr Smoov's impression of Wheeljack!


I am surprised that this has an August release date. They seem to be ahead of schedule with the painted prototype. This is going to be a long 5 month wait.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560619)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 27th, 2014 @ 7:56am CDT
End of August for online Japanese shops to be exact.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560646)
Posted by VioMeTriX on March 27th, 2014 @ 9:50am CDT
robotmel wrote::D
Image

Is this the official release or the KO..? ;)



ummm sir think real hard here.... if the original has not been released, how do we have a knock off...cant say it hasn't been done before, but very unlikely there will be a ko before official realease... ~even grimlock could figure that out :BOOM: ~
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560650)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 9:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Really hope they make a toon-accurate redeco later on since I really don't care for the real life car-accurate deco, but the mold itself looks fantastic.

makes sense that they would. they like to release the least anticipated versions first.

back to the figure... i could stare into those blue eyes for hours :x
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560652)
Posted by megatronus on March 27th, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:
robotmel wrote::D

Is this the official release or the KO..? ;)



ummm sir think real hard here.... if the original has not been released, how do we have a knock off...cant say it hasn't been done before, but very unlikely there will be a ko before official realease... ~even grimlock could figure that out :BOOM: ~


Actually, you should think real hard. Where have the KOs for Sideswipe, Red Alert, and Tigertrack been coming from? The larger consensus is that thy are coming directly from the factory. :-B

So Robotmel was making a joke. Even Grimlock could figure that out. :roll:
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560654)
Posted by VioMeTriX on March 27th, 2014 @ 10:02am CDT
megatronus wrote:
VioMeTriX wrote:
robotmel wrote::D

Is this the official release or the KO..? ;)



ummm sir think real hard here.... if the original has not been released, how do we have a knock off...cant say it hasn't been done before, but very unlikely there will be a ko before official realease... ~even grimlock could figure that out :BOOM: ~


Actually, you should think real hard. Where have the KOs for Sideswipe, Red Alert, and Tigertrack been coming from? The larger consensus is that thy are coming directly from the factory. :-B

So Robotmel was making a joke. Even Grimlock could figure that out. :roll:



but without 100% proof you don't know where the KO's come from... so till you have 100% proof for fact, stop blowing noise out your tail pipe.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560657)
Posted by megatronus on March 27th, 2014 @ 10:06am CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:
megatronus wrote:
VioMeTriX wrote:
robotmel wrote::D

Is this the official release or the KO..? ;)



ummm sir think real hard here.... if the original has not been released, how do we have a knock off...cant say it hasn't been done before, but very unlikely there will be a ko before official realease... ~even grimlock could figure that out :BOOM: ~


Actually, you should think real hard. Where have the KOs for Sideswipe, Red Alert, and Tigertrack been coming from? The larger consensus is that thy are coming directly from the factory. :-B

So Robotmel was making a joke. Even Grimlock could figure that out. :roll:



but without 100% proof you don't know where the KO's come from... so till you have 100% proof for fact, stop blowing noise out your tail pipe.

The point wasn't that I can verify with 100% certainty where the MP KOs are coming from. My point was that Robotmel was making a joke based on that speculation.

Calm yourself.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560664)
Posted by Joetx on March 27th, 2014 @ 10:23am CDT
megatronus wrote:
Joetx wrote:
Captain wrote:That's what I thought. I hope at least Hasbro or Takara has the clear version windows. That black is a pass for me. :roll:

There will be a Hasbro version?

We don't know if Hasbro will do one; they haven't released any of the (2) licensed cars to date. The next MP on their list is another Grimlock reissue.


Unless I've missed some news, Hasbro will only be releasing Prowl & won't be releasing Sideswipe, right?
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560668)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2014 @ 10:36am CDT
Joetx wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Joetx wrote:
Captain wrote:That's what I thought. I hope at least Hasbro or Takara has the clear version windows. That black is a pass for me. :roll:

There will be a Hasbro version?

We don't know if Hasbro will do one; they haven't released any of the (2) licensed cars to date. The next MP on their list is another Grimlock reissue.


Unless I've missed some news, Hasbro will only be releasing Prowl & won't be releasing Sideswipe, right?
We don't even know for sure if they even are releasing Prowl at all or not. It's still in the rumor stage at this point.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560675)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 27th, 2014 @ 10:57am CDT
Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed. Sure I'm not going to cancel my pre-order, but this is too far removed from the cartoon deco for my taste. But pretty nice for car enthusiasts I guess.

Sure it looks cool, but I want a cartoon accurate deco.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560692)
Posted by VioMeTriX on March 27th, 2014 @ 11:53am CDT
void
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560693)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2014 @ 11:55am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed. Sure I'm not going to cancel my pre-order, but this is too far removed from the cartoon deco for my taste. But pretty nice for car enthusiasts I guess.

Sure it looks cool, but I want a cartoon accurate deco.


This version of Wheeljack is awesome!
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560709)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 27th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:but without 100% proof you don't know where the KO's come from... so till you have 100% proof for fact, stop blowing noise out your tail pipe.


Take your own advice. And like Megatronus said, calm yourself. I don't care for your attitude and I want it put in check. You can have a discussion without being mean to other people.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560717)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 27th, 2014 @ 12:41pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:does the missile launcher double to be the hypno ray device? They both look similar shape and size.


Nope. The prototype clearly shows both.

Image
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560727)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:21pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed. Sure I'm not going to cancel my pre-order, but this is too far removed from the cartoon deco for my taste. But pretty nice for car enthusiasts I guess.

Sure it looks cool, but I want a cartoon accurate deco.


Once you see it in person, you'll probably change your mind DM.

Btw, concerning the other post

posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=1560675#pr1560654

where'd that come from?
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560754)
Posted by AutoBorst on March 27th, 2014 @ 3:08pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:So its done! they should ship this now

The production process doesn't work that way. Just because the prototype is finalized doesn't mean they have thousands of these already molded, assembled, painted and packaged.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560756)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 3:12pm CDT
AutoBorst wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:So its done! they should ship this now

The production process doesn't work that way. Just because the prototype is finalized doesn't mean they have thousands of these already molded, assembled, painted and packaged.

apparently sarcasm doesnt travel well in text format.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560762)
Posted by Stormrider on March 27th, 2014 @ 3:25pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed. Sure I'm not going to cancel my pre-order, but this is too far removed from the cartoon deco for my taste. But pretty nice for car enthusiasts I guess.

Sure it looks cool, but I want a cartoon accurate deco.


What are the chances of Hasbro doing the toon accurate version?
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560777)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2014 @ 4:44pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Btw, concerning the other post

posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=1560675#pr1560654

where'd that come from?
That link goes to a "post a reply" page. :???:
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560789)
Posted by ButtZilla on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:07pm CDT
I wonder if his cheeks glows like when he talks in the show.

Wheeljack had soooooooo many gadgets in the show...
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560791)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:15pm CDT
ButtZilla wrote:I wonder if his cheeks glows like when he talks in the show.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560827)
Posted by First-Aid on March 27th, 2014 @ 11:07pm CDT
So let the speculation begin. Outside of Megatron and Grimlock every mold has been repainted or has significant chance of being repainted. Who will he be repainted as?
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560828)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2014 @ 11:10pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:So let the speculation begin. Outside of Megatron and Grimlock every mold has been repainted or has significant chance of being repainted. Who will he be repainted as?
Slicer, of course.

And hopefully a show-accurate "MP-20A Wheeljack Anime Ver." redeco.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560830)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 28th, 2014 @ 12:29am CDT
First-Aid wrote:So let the speculation begin. Outside of Megatron and Grimlock every mold has been repainted or has significant chance of being repainted. Who will he be repainted as?


Grimlock was repainted. Granted, it was still into Grimlock but the coloration is completely different!

Image
Image
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560838)
Posted by First-Aid on March 28th, 2014 @ 1:41am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
First-Aid wrote:So let the speculation begin. Outside of Megatron and Grimlock every mold has been repainted or has significant chance of being repainted. Who will he be repainted as?


Grimlock was repainted. Granted, it was still into Grimlock but the coloration is completely different!

Image
Image


I forgot. Happens when you get to my age.

So a correct Wheeljack and Slicer. Anything else? Lambor got two additional repaints. Prowl...well, let't not go there. WHat I am going to say is that Masterpieces are chosen by the number of repaints they can make, not popularity. Bumblebee can get at LEAST two additional repaints easy...five, more than likely are coming.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560844)
Posted by parc.elohssa on March 28th, 2014 @ 3:47am CDT
WHEELJACK REPAINT...

Wheeljack can be released as...

Sunstreaker (with some basic mods). Robot mode will be nearly dead on.

Runamuck and Runabout. Robot modes will be nearly dead on.

Marlboro Diaclone colors.

That's 4 repaints.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560874)
Posted by shajaki on March 28th, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
parc.elohssa wrote:WHEELJACK REPAINT...
Wheeljack can be released as...
Sunstreaker (with some basic mods). Robot mode will be nearly dead on.
Runamuck and Runabout. Robot modes will be nearly dead on.
Marlboro Diaclone colors.
That's 4 repaints.

no... no he cant...

wheeljack can pretty much only have: slicer, cartoon/anime, diaclone

given the current status of the MP line they wouldnt retool a a mold to make a completely different character. sw and ss were both lambos, but it doesnt mean there wont be a new lambo mold just for sunstreaker.

and runabout/runamuck only have the generations mold in common. they have nothing to do with G1 wheeljack.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560897)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 28th, 2014 @ 9:00am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Btw, concerning the other post

posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=1560675#pr1560654

where'd that come from?
That link goes to a "post a reply" page. :???:



masterpiece-mp-20-wheeljack-from-takara-tomy-t97846s300.php#p1560654

My bad.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560916)
Posted by Stormrider on March 28th, 2014 @ 10:17am CDT
First-Aid wrote:So let the speculation begin. Outside of Megatron and Grimlock every mold has been repainted or has significant chance of being repainted. Who will he be repainted as?


Hasui said in his interview in January that the amount of sales for the latest MP cars has allowed Takara to develop figures that don't need to be repainted or remolded. Unless I am interpreting that incorrectly, I don't think we will necessarily see a repaint. Maybe just additional runs of MP Wheeljack.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560920)
Posted by shajaki on March 28th, 2014 @ 10:24am CDT
Stormrider wrote:I don't think we will necessarily see a repaint. Maybe just additional runs of MP Wheeljack.

id be very surprised if they didnt. they may not have to, but if theyve proven to sell, and multiple versions, why wouldnt they? its all about making money. its like apple saying they made enough with the iphone 24 so theyre not going to make a iphone 24YTJ.

certain versions like slicer? probably not as its pretty hideous. but i think a cartoon/anime accurate is highly likely. after seeing MP G2 sideswipe, anythings possible.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560940)
Posted by parc.elohssa on March 28th, 2014 @ 11:09am CDT
If you were Takara, and you had to sell more than one version of a mold to turn a profit, the question was, what characters could be made from MP Wheeljack?

I am well aware that Runamuck and Runabout have nothing to do with Wheeljack. The question was what repaints could you get from this figure. A simple retool would be easy with Wheeljack to get Runamuck and Runabout. Aesthetically, their robot modes are SPOT ON. Look at the G1 Robots of these characters. The feet, hands, chest, arms...all the same. To pass Wheeljack as Runamuck, Runabout or Sunstreaker, all Takara needs to do is give him a new head, weapons and a different paint job. Same with the robot mode for Sunstreaker. The vehicle modes don't match. But, I think fans would rather have SOMETHING rather than NOTHING for these characters.

You also said..."they wouldnt retool a a mold to make a completely different character..."

Sure they would.

MP Smokscreen....MP Prowl....MP Streak

MP Optimus Prime...MP Ultra Magnus...

MP Starscream...MP Acidstorm...MP Thundercracker...MP Sunstorm...MP Skywarp

Wheeljack is one of my 5 top favorite characters. Even still...I will support every and any variation of this toy. I want the MP line to continue. I know we will never get every character as an original mold.




shajaki wrote:
parc.elohssa wrote:WHEELJACK REPAINT...
Wheeljack can be released as...
Sunstreaker (with some basic mods). Robot mode will be nearly dead on.
Runamuck and Runabout. Robot modes will be nearly dead on.
Marlboro Diaclone colors.
That's 4 repaints.

no... no he cant...

wheeljack can pretty much only have: slicer, cartoon/anime, diaclone

given the current status of the MP line they wouldnt retool a a mold to make a completely different character. sw and ss were both lambos, but it doesnt mean there wont be a new lambo mold just for sunstreaker.

and runabout/runamuck only have the generations mold in common. they have nothing to do with G1 wheeljack.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560942)
Posted by parc.elohssa on March 28th, 2014 @ 11:12am CDT
I read somewhere that Takara had no plans to do a repaint of Wheeljack. Because the other molds sold so well. That is awesome.

But I agree with shajaki. Even though Takara said they didn't have to do a repaint of MP Wheeljack...I would be very surprised if they DID NOT do a repaint anyway. :-) That's just the way the Transformers game is played. :-)



shajaki wrote:
Stormrider wrote:I don't think we will necessarily see a repaint. Maybe just additional runs of MP Wheeljack.

id be very surprised if they didnt. they may not have to, but if theyve proven to sell, and multiple versions, why wouldnt they? its all about making money. its like apple saying they made enough with the iphone 24 so theyre not going to make a iphone 24YTJ.

certain versions like slicer? probably not as its pretty hideous. but i think a cartoon/anime accurate is highly likely. after seeing MP G2 sideswipe, anythings possible.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560959)
Posted by craggy on March 28th, 2014 @ 12:16pm CDT
I'd probably consider getting Slicer. I really like that colourscheme. The MP line could definitely use more Decepticons too. (heck, a Prime inspired Dead End repaint with a new ugly head would be cool too, I love TFP Dead End and his gloriously hideous paint job)

I'm not bothered if they don't do that though, and happily surprised that the sales mean they don't feel the need to repaint and retool to make it worthwhile. In some cases it's justified, demanded even. If they'd made Prowl, but not Bluestreak or Smokescreen, people would have been asking about them. The retooling that each got was more than would have satisfied people, so it's actually pretty great that they went those extra yards to make those bots stand out. Likewise G2 Sideswipe and his add-ons. Long may this level of detail last in the MP line.
Re: Official High Res Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1560971)
Posted by shajaki on March 28th, 2014 @ 1:55pm CDT
parc.elohssa wrote:You also said..."they wouldnt retool a a mold to make a completely different character..."
Sure they would.
MP Smokscreen....MP Prowl....MP Streak
MP Optimus Prime...MP Ultra Magnus...
MP Starscream...MP Acidstorm...MP Thundercracker...MP Sunstorm...MP Skywarp
Wheeljack is one of my 5 top favorite characters. Even still...I will support every and any variation of this toy. I want the MP line to continue. I know we will never get every character as an original mold.

i think youre missing my point. these arent prime or generations we're talking about. those lines, its ok to squeeze whatever you can out of every mold, even if it only marginally fits or not at all. but they havent done that with any MP figure yet.

the only MP repaint/retools weve gotten so far (the ones you listed) are ones that completely made sense, because their original counterparts had the same repaint/retools.

runamuck and runabout only share a similar transformation with wheeljack but are different cars and different looking robots. trying to get r&r out of that mold just seems like to hard of a squeeze.

and sunstreaker would need to have every car piece replaced to make the lambo. and with that excessive retooling, its would probably just make more sense to make him his own mold.

and given the current trend, im safely assuming we will get the entire season one (and probably two) cast, with original molds where its needed.

Click here to view an additional 170 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014