Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper.

Transformers News: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper.

Friday, May 17th, 2013 12:34AM CDT

Categories: Sponsor News, Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 23,012

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has come into possession of an official picture of Titan Class Metroplex's diminuative sidekick, Scamper. This suggests that US preorders for this behemoth will go live fairly quickly. SEIBERTRON.com will, of course, inform you when the listing is live; but for now let us have a good look at the final accessory to the Titan that is Metroplex: Scamper.

Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper.
Credit(s): BigBadToyStore
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487925)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 12:37am CDT
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487926)
Posted by Mkall on May 17th, 2013 @ 12:43am CDT
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:His arms seem to be mistransformed...The hands are facing out away from his body, as if someone twisted his arm at the elbow...

Indeed, it would make the robot's arms look neater if they were flipped over. Another foible by Hasbro's PR company.

If true, that would indicate a pivot/hinge joint instead of a ball/socket, which doesn't really work for a figure of that size anyways. Little dude's gonna be a mini-contortionist.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487930)
Posted by waaaaghlord on May 17th, 2013 @ 1:19am CDT
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487931)
Posted by Flashwave on May 17th, 2013 @ 1:49am CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:The ball joints are visible at the knees and elbows, which makes for pretty good articulation for the size. The forearms are obviously swapped. If the toy actually ships like this it's going to be a 5 second job putting it right.

I don't think they are swapped. I think he;s suffering from Energon Starscream hands, remeber he had a thumb and two molded fingers? Scamper's got a thumb showing on his arms, and it curls inward. So does the backside of his hands, like the back of a cupped fist or he's grabbing his car fender/shirtcuff that's just slightly too long for his arm... But maybe that's just me.

Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487932)
Posted by frogbat on May 17th, 2013 @ 2:06am CDT
Wondering if there's a slammer and or six gun too?
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487934)
Posted by LiKwid on May 17th, 2013 @ 2:40am CDT
Looks to me like the arms are just sawpped..I got a few figures who have the same problem. Either way metro is gonna be the tits...
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487935)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 17th, 2013 @ 2:40am CDT
i really hope this mold gets released on its own, such a great looking figure but i have no plans on getting metroplex.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487951)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:18am CDT
To those who think the forearms are swapped: trust me, they're not. I envisioned him transforming in my mind, keeping the position of the back wheels on his arm in mind (note the circular details on the outside of the arms), and if they are indeed swapped, the wheels would end up on the inside of the car instead of the outside. :-B

Besides, the finger detailing is in the correct spot in the image, but the thumbs are lost.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487957)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 6:26am CDT
He's so adorable! :x

Anyone else notice his arms are switched? :lol:
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487959)
Posted by Rumblebee357 on May 17th, 2013 @ 7:16am CDT
Everybody, we to support this Metroplex cuz if it sells well maybe we'll get Trypticon... in a another 30 yrs. lol. I already got my money set aside for this, I didn't get him from G1 so this is my chance to right my wrongs.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487963)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 7:37am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Anyone else notice his arms are switched? :lol:

No, because they aren't.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487968)
Posted by craggy on May 17th, 2013 @ 7:58am CDT
he has arms! my childhood is ruined!
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487970)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:01am CDT
craggy wrote:he has arms! my childhood is ruined!

Pretty sure you're joking about that.
G1 Scamper also had arms, just no elbows.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487980)
Posted by Rated X on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:47am CDT

Looks like the first legends class figure actually worthy of being sold instead of being given free in a Mcdonalds Happy Meal. :ic$:
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1487994)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:15am CDT
Rated X wrote:OMG is that a legends sized toy that actually has ball joints on both the knees and elbows, plus a gun ???? :shock:

He's more the size of a Commander (as "Legends" is now used for figures in between Legion and Commander Class) or interestingly enough, the size of G1 Scamper :lol:
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488003)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:54am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Yeah, that's no Legends toy as we know it. That's a new size with an old name.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488014)
Posted by craggy on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT
some of the TFPrime Cyberverse were pretty good. Cliffjumper is amazing for what he does and his transformation, given the size.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488019)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:23am CDT
Am I the only person who is really bummed out about his head being red?
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488048)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 1:35pm CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Am I the only person who is really bummed out about his head being red?

One word: sharpie. I took a red one to my Prime Powerizer Optimus and his obnoxious blue arms. Besides slight stickiness, it works quite well.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488055)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 17th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CDT
Still hating the red head. Come on Takara. :PRAY:
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488064)
Posted by Rated X on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:21pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Im not thrilled with the red head either, but in the G1 cartoon didnt Scamper get about 5 seconds of airtime in only one episode ? If he's that obscure, I can live with it.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488068)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:33pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488110)
Posted by njb902 on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:57pm CDT
To me he looks like Rodimus Prime in vehicle mode.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488116)
Posted by Stormrider on May 17th, 2013 @ 6:08pm CDT
Are there preorders online for Metroplex yet?
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488118)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 6:16pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Are there preorders online for Metroplex yet?

So far, I've only seen the preorder to import the Takara Metroplex.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488158)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:41pm CDT
Not thrilled with the arms, but otherwise looks nice. And quite frankly, I'm glad they made him at all. I like the idea of Metroplex being someone's home.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488168)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:57pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Did you recall that off the top of your head? I can't even remember where I've seen scamper once. And, I forgot the storylines for Theif in the Night and Ultimate Weapon already.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488278)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 18th, 2013 @ 7:31am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Try watching Carnage in C-Minor and Five Faces of Darkness, that's only 2 of the 5 he appeared in. The others are Thief in the Night, Ghost in the Machine and The Ultimate Weapon.

Nah, TFwiki ;;)

In FFoD and Ghost in the Machine he was simply in Metroplex' left garage, that's it. In Thief in the Night he interrogated the Dinobots and Sky Lynx when the world's monuments were stolen (based on the silliest plot device you can imagine), and in the Ultimate Weapon (which takes place in my birth country) he was defeated by Swindle stealing Metroplex' T-Cog.
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488815)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 19th, 2013 @ 11:14pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Are there preorders online for Metroplex yet?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

Sold out

More expensive

(TakaraTomy versions).
Re: Official Image of Metroplex's Legends-Sized Companion: Scamper. (1488947)
Posted by Metrosuplex on May 20th, 2013 @ 12:37pm CDT
I like him! Not too keen on the alt mode (is that supposed to be a car or a TANK?)... but mini-exclusives that come with big fig's? SIGN ME UP.

In the interest of being incredibly wasteful, someone should buy a bunch of Metro's just for the Scampers. :lol: I'd love to see an army of Scampers on someone's desk, with Metro noticeably absent. Heck, I'm sure Hasbro wouldn't mind seeing that either. :KREMZEEK: (Though, I suppose it'd be equally interesting to see a bunch of Metro's stacked up in a cheerleader triangle... :-? )
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction