Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl

Transformers News: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl

Monday, January 14th, 2013 11:07AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,962

TransformersAsia.com have fully revealed their upcoming APS-02 Decepticon Brawl. The figure is a limited production premium metallic repaint of the 2007 Move Leader Class Brawl who will come in collector style packaging. He's scheduled to release on March 31st in select Asian markets excluding Japan. Images mirrored below.

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl
Credit(s): TransformersAsia.com, daimchoc
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1454966)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 14th, 2013 @ 11:08am CST
Nothing we haven't particularly seen. Looks beautiful in every way (this coming from an aspiring Marine tanker). =P~
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1454971)
Posted by RhA on January 14th, 2013 @ 11:48am CST
That is one great TF.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1454986)
Posted by Rated X on January 14th, 2013 @ 1:22pm CST
I take it the green parts arent metallic ?

If it had the chrome green paint of Takara FOC Brawl or First Edition Bulkhead, Id buy it. Silver in place of the grey is not enough for me.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455020)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 14th, 2013 @ 4:33pm CST
It IS awesome, no question asked. Unfortunately, I must make choices and my money is limited.

Oh well, I'll have to pass.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455024)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 14th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CST
That's an amazing figure, holy crap... like, that is insane. I have no place for it in my collection unfortunately, but damn... look at that gorgeous alt. mode. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455038)
Posted by Dyn@mo on January 14th, 2013 @ 5:26pm CST
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455050)
Posted by joesaysso on January 14th, 2013 @ 6:12pm CST
Too little too late in my opinion. Thats a good looking figure for sure but my interest in movie figure dissipated somewhere during ROTF's run. The existence of this figure will not make it return.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455055)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on January 14th, 2013 @ 6:33pm CST
Dyn@mo wrote:Those pics are heavily Photoshopped. The final toy won't look much different to the original. I know that won't stop most from buying this polished 2007 turd, but hey, just saying.

I think you're way off on this one. First, leader class brawl is awesome and last if they do anything with it like they did with Striker Optimus it'll be even better than the pictures let on.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455062)
Posted by Valandar on January 14th, 2013 @ 6:58pm CST
XDMan, I doubt they'll make any completely new molds for this at all. Maybe some minor retooling of molds, but naught else.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455069)
Posted by Shockwave7 on January 14th, 2013 @ 7:19pm CST
I had this figure once (the movie leader class version). I sold it after a few months. Why? It just wasn't 'fun'. The pictures should offer you a few clues. Every pose - splay legged with the arms sticking nearly straight out. The figure has so much kibble stuffed into so many different spots that you have essentially zero poseability.

And while I appreciate a certain level of complexity to a transformation, you just didn't seem to get enough out of this mold to make it worth all the work. The tank mode was fine, but the bot mode... for as high a labor-intensive transformation, I expected all kinds of articulation and it just wasn't there. You can't even really stand it up with a regular straight-legged stance. You HAVE to have the legs spread out like you see in these photos.

People in the states - save your dough. The figure just isn't any fun.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455089)
Posted by Dyn@mo on January 14th, 2013 @ 7:53pm CST
Transformers Hoarder wrote:

If you disagree with me, then at least listen to Shockwave7 a few posts further on, because he knows what he's talking about.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455090)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 14th, 2013 @ 7:57pm CST
Dyn@mo wrote:
Transformers Hoarder wrote:

Now that I take the time to have a closer look, I can totally understand why it might suck in bot mode. It looks like it suffers from a lot of the problems that plague the deluxe version. The alt mode is amazing tho.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455104)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on January 14th, 2013 @ 8:47pm CST
To each their own... I'll score one for sure.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455126)
Posted by President-prime on January 14th, 2013 @ 10:44pm CST
I own both the origi al version and the repainted yellowish version. Find it a very nice figure. Just not a big difference to spending a hundred on a few extra metallic silver paint and a new box. It's an impressive figure, in my opinion. Looks very menacing. I like robots with lots of nibbles.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455265)
Posted by RodimalToyota on January 15th, 2013 @ 1:21pm CST
Well I was interested, but not 190$ interested.
100$ maybe.

150, no.

190 Hell no.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455293)
Posted by megatronus on January 15th, 2013 @ 3:43pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Dyn@mo wrote:
Transformers Hoarder wrote:

Having acquired APS-01 at a decent price (and as a result having splurged on several after-market accessories to compound the glory), you know Brawl will be done up in similar style, and will be the definitive version of the mold.

That said, I can see where the design flaws dwell. But the alt mode is amazing, and I'm sure some creative posing will enable at least one foot to lie flat on the ground (or you can stand a few smaller guys in front of him to hide the hover-feet).

If he pops up at a decent price, I will definitely bite. I hope they catch Starscream next, as I missed the Movie Masterpiece version. Sure, I've got HFTD Leader 'Scream, but a premium version will cause me to:

:BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455332)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 15th, 2013 @ 7:23pm CST

>:oP >:oP >:oP >:oP >:oP

>:oP >:oP >:oP >:oP >:oP
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455348)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 15th, 2013 @ 8:17pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Know what? If the bot mode is so flawed and Brawl's only redeeming quality is his altmode, why not save big bucks and just buy a tank model?

>:oP >:oP >:oP >:oP >:oP

>:oP >:oP >:oP >:oP >:oP

Haha, fair enough, the fact that it looks to be modelled after a Leopard mkII is just awesome on its own. Then add the fact that it transforms AND is Brawl makes it that much better... it'd be a great showpiece if you can get an awesome pose.
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455357)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 15th, 2013 @ 8:39pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:it'd be a great showpiece if you can get an awesome pose.

And based on the previous posts, you cant.

Still...

Lack of posability is just an excuse.
God Ginrai is my favorite TF ever and he's the king of bricks.

No, the real issue here is money. I will never pay a movie figure 200$. That much $ will be for Masterpeices only. [-(
Re: Official Images: APS-02 Decepticon Brawl (1455428)
Posted by Transformado on January 15th, 2013 @ 11:19pm CST
Beautiful figure, I have the original 07’ leader class Brawl and I love it, highly detail but could benefit from better paint apps, poseability is not a big issue, I never saw him doing flips and summersaults in the movie in the first place. If this new APS comes out costing the same as APS-1 Striker Optimus Prime ($ 149 @ robotkingdom) I will definitely go for it. Is it true that these APS don’t come with batteries? One other question, what do you think will be APS-03?

Ending Soon On eBay

NEW***TRANSFORMERS-Dark of The Moon MEGATRON w/Fusion Cannons!!! - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 13 minutes 56 seconds
HOT TOYS 12" TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME STARSCREAM VERSION 1:6 SCALE FIG LED G1 - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 10 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece iGear PPOSM Ratchet/First Aid MEDICAL Specialist - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 13 minutes 7 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE Bonecrusher DELUXE Unopened 2007 Decepticon - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 19 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers G1 SHRAPNEL 100% COMP. EXCELLENT 1985 FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 10 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Vector Prime NIB - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 50 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers  Commemorative Reissue G1 TRACKS 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 5 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers G1 1987 HOT ROD targetmaster complete hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 20 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents