Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 5:59AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 13,309

Once again Amazon Japan brings us some great official images of upcoming Transformers figures! Below we Art Storm's Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur officially licensed Roadbuster redecos. The Super Deformed version is fully transformable, while the Alloy version is a highly poseable action figure. Check out the images mirrored below.

Official Images:Art Storm's Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and the non-transforming EM All

Credit(s): Amazon Japan
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506040)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:25am CDT
Funny timing considering the upcoming Whirl.

EDIT: Wait, only the super-deformed one transforms? Poo...
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506041)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:27am CDT
That Alloy version would look amazing on a Classics shelf.
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506098)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 24th, 2013 @ 11:58am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:EDIT: Wait, only the super-deformed one transforms? Poo...

Yeah, for a second there, I thought I was looking at an excellent 3rd Party Product...

Not sure why we need more "super-poseable" figures that don't convert. It's not that it looks bad (or wouldn't look good on a shelf), but that the brand is losing relevance (IMO) by branching out so much.

Feel free to disagree, but these non-transforming TF's are like wearing shoes on your head - I understand that if you put shoes on more places on your body, you build the brand and relevance... but why can't we just wear shoes on our feet again? :roll:

The super-deformed TF is adorable. If not for the steep price tag (damn imports!), I'd buy it up! As it transformers and follows a cutesty Chibi style, I would love to see Hasbro release something like that at local retail - heck, why not give it some pink/lavender colors and market it for girls? I'd still buy this guy in pink! :x
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506106)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 24th, 2013 @ 12:06pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:EDIT: Wait, only the super-deformed one transforms? Poo...

These aren't TF products. The only link these have to the brand is the homage paint jobs.
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506132)
Posted by sixshot20 on July 24th, 2013 @ 12:48pm CDT
I originally thought I was going to get the super poseable one the first time I saw these figures. Now after seeing the Deformed version and seeing its alt mode I am defiantly going to get that one provided BBTS or another online retailer carries them.
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506187)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 24th, 2013 @ 3:02pm CDT
You would think if they can make the super deformed transformable why not the bigger one or are there other forces at work? Still even for a non-transforming figure it still holds a very menacing presence. :VEHI:
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506203)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 24th, 2013 @ 3:39pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:EDIT: Wait, only the super-deformed one transforms? Poo...

Which had to be licensed if I'm not mistaken. The design itself is owned by Bandai.
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506207)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 24th, 2013 @ 3:54pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:

And the official TF logos. These are OFFICIALLY LICENSED Transformers products.
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506209)
Posted by El Duque on July 24th, 2013 @ 4:04pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:

And the official TF logos. These are OFFICIALLY LICENSED Transformers products.

Correct, these are officially licensed Transformers products.
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506219)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 24th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CDT
I completely missed the Autobot brands the first few times I looked. Neat.
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506247)
Posted by ZenPrime on July 24th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CDT
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506335)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 24th, 2013 @ 9:59pm CDT
you can preorder from Anime-Export and save $40 bucks

Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506341)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:16pm CDT

I guess the high quality should have been my first clue that it could never have anything to do with Hasbro! :roll: Image
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506342)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:22pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Yeah, I didn't realize they weren't Takara, but I remember the deformed Fort Max (and that was licensed).

Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506344)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:32pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:hahaha I hate that these things are taking shelf space at my TRU... lest room for masterpieces.

Uhhh, no. That BB is so awesome that I just added it to my sig. You're buying MP's?!? The heck is wrong with you??? You could own, like, EIGHT of these BB's for the price of one MP! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506346)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:42pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:

Indeed... what is wrong with me??!!
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506352)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:57pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:

Indeed... what is wrong with me??!!

Your sig is seriously one of the sweetest ones I've seen on here. Who did you have to kill to get that... Hercules? =P~
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506360)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 24th, 2013 @ 11:19pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:

Indeed... what is wrong with me??!!

Thanks =] lol nobody that's Giant.

heres my Herc

Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1506894)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 27th, 2013 @ 1:10am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Thanks =] lol nobody that's Giant.

heres my Herc

I think a lot of people say Herc is better than Green Giant, but I honestly like Green Giant more (from the pics). The individual robots look closer to the TF they homage than the ones on Herc. As you put Green Giant in your sig, I'm guessing you prefer him, as well? :-?

Anyway, Green (or Yellow) Giant is on my buy list. Maybe one day... =P~ He's just... so... expensive! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official Images: Art Storm Super Deformed EM Gokin 08 Mugen Calibur and EM Alloy 01 Mugen Calibur Roadbuster Repaints (1507179)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 28th, 2013 @ 6:02am CDT
El Duque wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:

And the official TF logos. These are OFFICIALLY LICENSED Transformers products.

Correct, these are officially licensed Transformers products.

Yes, and both are from two different lines from a few years ago.
The SD one transforms because that was the point of that particular figure.

The super articulated one doesn't because it's from a line that specializes in super detailed and articulated high quality representations of mechs from famous Animes.

These are just easy repaints that have been requested since the original figures first came out.

Complaining that it doesn't transform is well, retarded.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus