Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set

Transformers News: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set

Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 1:11PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,059

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has posted official images of the Transformers Ultimate Gift Set. This gift set features four figures: Combat Hero Optimus Prime (RTS G2 Optimus Prime repaint), G2 Jazz (RTS Special Ops Jazz repaint), GDO Legends Thundercracker and GDO Motormaster (Motor Breath). The solicitation that originally revealed this set listed it as a Wal-Mart exclusive.

The set is priced at $39.99, but the pre-order is currently sold out.

Re: Generations Ultimate Giftset

Re: Generations Ultimate Giftset
Credit(s): daimchoc, BBTS
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417181)
Posted by Mkall on September 5th, 2012 @ 1:23pm CDT
G1 and G2 logos on Prime? I wish they'd make up their mind. Stiil it looks like a prety sweet set
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417182)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on September 5th, 2012 @ 1:25pm CDT
Damn, these Autobots really need to pick on cons their own size!
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417187)
Posted by Rijie on September 5th, 2012 @ 1:41pm CDT
Lol. Although I've seen worse, I'd like to find out how WM always gets the most unappealing palettes. Paradoxically, they still makes for a desirable set...
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417198)
Posted by UltraPrimal on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:08pm CDT
I wish BBTS would open up more pre-orders for this. I thought I had this pre-ordered when it first showed up there, but I must have just had it in my cart and forgot to checkout. :(

Although I really only want it for the Prime. Don't really care about G2 Jazz or the Mini-Motormaster and Tinycracker.
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417202)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:15pm CDT
im getting it! this is some cool stuff. when will it be in retail if even that.
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417208)
Posted by daimchoc on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:29pm CDT
Now available for pre-order at BBTS: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... t=HAS22183
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417214)
Posted by autoride on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CDT
The Optimus is proberly a homage to the unreleased G2 combat hero Optimus prime because of the blue and red colour scheme and having a :G2BOT:and :BOT:
I don't like him because he looks meh :SICK:
Jazz isn't that bad but the Reprolabels G2 Jazz upgrade sticker set when applied to him looks better than this version but still quite good.
With the legands I'm not bothered because I've got one of them allready.
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417218)
Posted by STngAR on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:45pm CDT
They dont look too bad. Even though it may be a homage the dual logos on prime still doesnt look right in my eyes. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417221)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:49pm CDT
maybe these are the mockups... and the real ones will have the correct tampos. Hope so. Would prefer the G2 logos all around. If they aren't present, will get repro ones to fix it, I suppose.

These will display wonderfully with that G2 Botcon set. Not to mention, this makes a great stand in for Diaclone Convoy. :grin:
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417223)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:57pm CDT
The dual logos are probably intentional, as the first G2 repaints of G1 toys had both symbols present as well. The G2 symbols were usually hidden in the legs however.
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417231)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 5th, 2012 @ 3:09pm CDT
I'm a bit confused. Are the Asian exclusive legends still coming to TRU or are these the only way to get Motormaster and Thundercracker?
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417238)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on September 5th, 2012 @ 3:21pm CDT
First of all: AWESOME!

Second: I'm smelling a lot of custom SG Magnus's coming from the Prime ;)
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417243)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 5th, 2012 @ 3:33pm CDT
I was thinking that I would want them to more strictly adhere to the old G2 Jazz design... but looking at it again and comparing, I'm glad they gave it a little facelift. That old design is pretty over the top. Looks like someone went nuts with the rainbow colors and sticker-fied it all over. Wugh. Too much.
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417259)
Posted by craggy on September 5th, 2012 @ 4:23pm CDT
Really liking the Jazz repaint, as usual with repaints of that toy. They can just slap any old colours on that thing and it looks good. Toss a sticker or some paint over the spoiler and he could be someone else though. Searchlight maybe?

Prime is almost okay, again, as usual with this mold and repaints of it, they get 87% of the way there, then screw something up. It's not actually the G1/G2 logo clash that puts me off, but the horrible teal. Doesn't go well at all.
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417260)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 5th, 2012 @ 4:29pm CDT
I'm pretty sure Horrible Teal was the b-side to NIN's Terrible Lie. Seriously! Look it up!
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417294)
Posted by XDMan on September 5th, 2012 @ 6:23pm CDT
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417304)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 5th, 2012 @ 7:04pm CDT
XDMan wrote:Looks like we have some scale issues (Prime, TC and Motormaster are supposed to be the same size while Jazz is supposed to be shorter than them).

They are not supposed to be in scale being as they are two different size classes of figures. Prime and Jazz are deluxe while Motorbreath and Thundercracker are legends.
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417346)
Posted by joevill on September 5th, 2012 @ 9:19pm CDT
Love it! Pre-ordered it! The fourth quarter is going to be expensive. :(
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417349)
Posted by njb902 on September 5th, 2012 @ 9:30pm CDT
I just wish jazz had a better weapon than that tiny itty bitty pistol.
Re: Official Images: Exclusive Transformers Ultimate Gift Set (1417350)
Posted by RAcast on September 5th, 2012 @ 9:33pm CDT
njb902 wrote:I just wish jazz had a better weapon than that tiny itty bitty pistol.

No love for the 1989 rifle? You can clip the speakers onto it to make it bigger. :)

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem