Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Saturday, April 26th, 2014 5:35AM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,172

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

During the report from the Miyazawa Mokei Spring Exhibition, we saw the first licensed, fully coloured Ex Gokin Alpha Trion images from ArtStorm some point in August 2014. Their website has now been updated to include more images and information about this non-transforming figure - check it all out below!

Product Specifications: Non-Scale / Painted
Product Size: Height approx 145mm
Material: Die cast · ABS · PVC · POM
The set includes: Alpha Trion × 1, one each of left and right hand, left fist and right hand, 1 × each left and right handle, right Sashite × 1, A3 head × 1, A3 shoulder left and right parts × 1, open base stand.
Price: 9,800 yen (excluding tax)
August 2014: release

New series EX Gokin Transformers series is born in EX metal alloy!
The first figure of the new series is a survivor of the first generation of early transforming robots, "Autobot elder Alpha Trion" - one of the first Transformers alive on Cybertron. It features a pull-out joint and double joint, and is able of a wide range of motion. In addition, the figures comes with replacement parts, to obtain the younger version "A3".

※ Final product may differ.


Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion
Credit(s): ArtStorm
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568899)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 26th, 2014 @ 5:47am CDT
Looks cool, but now we know it's not MP scale, which was going to be my excuse to get him.

But, I love how they managed to not only make him so show accurate, but also so very posable. If only it was 10cm taller.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568901)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2014 @ 5:53am CDT
Tall Deluxe/short Voyager size. Non-transforming. Highly articulated. Die cast construction (don't say it!). Only thing wrong here is them thinking his "War Dawn" head is A3's design when A3 had a different look.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568906)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:28am CDT
Can't wait for the release. I hope he goes well with the G1 series in deluxe size.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568908)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:57am CDT
very nice. the alternate head and shoulders (for sensitive bots) are a good idea. It'll probably be too pricey for me to bother, getting it, mind you.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568912)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 26th, 2014 @ 7:07am CDT
The sculpting and painting on this guy is so...unique. :BOWDOWN: The price should definitely be worth it.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568919)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 26th, 2014 @ 7:36am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Die cast construction (don't say it!).


It's a lost art ;;)

And consider me interested. He'll probably be the only official accurate Alpha Trion we'll ever get.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568939)
Posted by Rated X on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:38am CDT
Somebody please enlighten me as to what scale 145 mm is. I thought the use of cm was annoying, but mm ??? Cmon now...
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568940)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:40am CDT
Rated X wrote:Somebody please enlighten me as to what scale 145 mm is. I thought the use of cm was annoying, but mm ??? Cmon now...

I'm not going to. If it's too difficult to work out maybe google can help you?
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568942)
Posted by Seibertron on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:42am CDT
craggy wrote:
Rated X wrote:Somebody please enlighten me as to what scale 145 mm is. I thought the use of cm was annoying, but mm ??? Cmon now...

I'm not going to. If it's too difficult to work out maybe google can help you?


145mm is your standard deluxe class size approximately. It comes out to approximately 5.7"

You should bookmark this conversion site. It's an extremely useful tool.

http://onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568944)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:43am CDT
Rated X wrote:Somebody please enlighten me as to what scale 145 mm is. I thought the use of cm was annoying, but mm ??? Cmon now...


It's inbetween Deluxe and Voyager scale, at 5.7 inches. Just to make your life a bit easier:

OnlineConversion.com, with every single measurement imaginable.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568950)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 11:20am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:Somebody please enlighten me as to what scale 145 mm is. I thought the use of cm was annoying, but mm ??? Cmon now...


It's inbetween Deluxe and Voyager scale, at 5.7 inches. Just to make your life a bit easier:

OnlineConversion.com, with every single measurement imaginable.

breems?
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568952)
Posted by Rated X on April 26th, 2014 @ 11:24am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:Somebody please enlighten me as to what scale 145 mm is. I thought the use of cm was annoying, but mm ??? Cmon now...


It's inbetween Deluxe and Voyager scale, at 5.7 inches. Just to make your life a bit easier:

OnlineConversion.com, with every single measurement imaginable.

And I appreciate you making my life easier. Not everybody in the US has a need to learn that system since it only applies to specific functions that an everyday american might not perform. Back on topic, im stoked that this is going to be classics scale and torn between this and titanium saint. I may end up getting both !
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568953)
Posted by MGrotusque on April 26th, 2014 @ 11:24am CDT
It's got good articulation. I guess it has that going for it.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568956)
Posted by shajaki on April 26th, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
id like to see him standing next to some MP's. if he comes close to the datsuns, he might have a place. which is about the closest to an MP alpha we'll ever get. otherwise all ill have is my botcon alpha for the classics/generations line up.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568964)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:04pm CDT
if someone is going to get worked up about not knowing the dimensions of a product they're interested in buying, because they've not learned what the units of measurement given by the manufacturer are, I'd say that's a pretty decent argument for that person learning the units of measurement...that nearly the entire world uses...or at least using the same internet they're on to complain about their lack of understanding to try and understand.

Anyway, 14cm is an okay height for this. still reckon it'll be a bit pricey for me.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568971)
Posted by megatronus on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:23pm CDT
I don't know cm/mm off the top of my head. That's why Primus invented Google, which has an easy to use conversion tool. It took me literally 2 seconds to figure out this thing was 5.7 inches tall.

He's too G1 to really be my Classics Alpha Trion, but I might just try anyway, because he looks terrific.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568974)
Posted by shajaki on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
craggy wrote:if someone is going to get worked up about not knowing the dimensions of a product they're interested in buying, because they've not learned what the units of measurement given by the manufacturer are, I'd say that's a pretty decent argument for that person learning the units of measurement...that nearly the entire world uses...or at least using the same internet they're on to complain about their lack of understanding to try and understand.

Anyway, 14cm is an okay height for this. still reckon it'll be a bit pricey for me.
i.... wasnt getting worked up. and yes i know how to google. what i like, is in hand shots and comparison shots, and wont be very invested in this figure until then if at all. i dont appreciate the implication that im ignorant.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568978)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:40pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
craggy wrote:if someone is going to get worked up about not knowing the dimensions of a product they're interested in buying, because they've not learned what the units of measurement given by the manufacturer are, I'd say that's a pretty decent argument for that person learning the units of measurement...that nearly the entire world uses...or at least using the same internet they're on to complain about their lack of understanding to try and understand.

Anyway, 14cm is an okay height for this. still reckon it'll be a bit pricey for me.
i.... wasnt getting worked up. and yes i know how to google. what i like, is in hand shots and comparison shots, and wont be very invested in this figure until then if at all. i dont appreciate the implication that im ignorant.


He was talking about X me thinks.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568979)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:43pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
craggy wrote:if someone is going to get worked up about not knowing the dimensions of a product they're interested in buying, because they've not learned what the units of measurement given by the manufacturer are, I'd say that's a pretty decent argument for that person learning the units of measurement...that nearly the entire world uses...or at least using the same internet they're on to complain about their lack of understanding to try and understand.

Anyway, 14cm is an okay height for this. still reckon it'll be a bit pricey for me.
i.... wasnt getting worked up. and yes i know how to google. what i like, is in hand shots and comparison shots, and wont be very invested in this figure until then if at all. i dont appreciate the implication that im ignorant.

nor should you. but...you didn't mention cm or not knowing how to google or not wanting to learn something "because you have no reason to" despite making repeated requests for others on this forum to translate the measurement into something you can grasp, because people listing heights in mm or cm is directly affecting your enjoyment of discussing toys on this forum. You didn't do any of that and my post wasn't talking about you.

FWIW I too would like some comparison shots with other bots. Telling us the height is one thing, seeing something next to products we already are familiar with is something else entirely.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568988)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 26th, 2014 @ 1:25pm CDT
Okay, BACK to the figure...

I rather love it. :D Any pre-orders for this guy up at any online sites? He'll be perfect for my Classics shelves.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568994)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2014 @ 2:04pm CDT
Give it a domestic release (the prospects of this being reality approaches ungodly levels of "nope"), and I'll get it.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569001)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 26th, 2014 @ 3:04pm CDT
maybe there will be an A3 head later
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569003)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 3:06pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:maybe there will be an A3 head later

somebody call Dr. Wu!
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569027)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CDT
I laugh at the price of what is essentially a glorified Action Master being roughly $96 bucks. :lol:

It's very nice, but not $96 bucks nice.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569030)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2014 @ 4:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I laugh at the price of what is essentially a glorified Action Master being roughly $96 bucks. :lol:

It's very nice, but not $96 bucks nice.


It's $96?! Jesus, that's highway robbery. :shock:

I'd give it $30, tops.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569032)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2014 @ 4:52pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I laugh at the price of what is essentially a glorified Action Master being roughly $96 bucks. :lol:

It's very nice, but not $96 bucks nice.


It's $96?! Jesus, that's highway robbery. :shock:

I'd give it $30, tops.
Yep. 9800 yen.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569041)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 5:53pm CDT
yeah, not for me at that price. maybe half. maybe.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569080)
Posted by xyl360 on April 26th, 2014 @ 7:47pm CDT
If this shows up on BBTS for preorder I'll get him. He looks perfect. I do wish he were better scaled with MP, but either way he's going to look good on my MP shelf (even if I have to pose him well behind MP-10 to make it look like he's just 'far away' and that's why he appears to be short :P).
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569090)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 26th, 2014 @ 8:05pm CDT
He's nice regardless of the scale, unfortunately he just doesn't justify that price tag.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569091)
Posted by Rated X on April 26th, 2014 @ 8:12pm CDT
craggy wrote:if someone is going to get worked up about not knowing the dimensions of a product they're interested in buying, because they've not learned what the units of measurement given by the manufacturer are, I'd say that's a pretty decent argument for that person learning the units of measurement...that nearly the entire world uses...or at least using the same internet they're on to complain about their lack of understanding to try and understand.

Anyway, 14cm is an okay height for this. still reckon it'll be a bit pricey for me.

Care to explain how asking someone to "enlighten me" is getting all worked up ? If im correct, dont you reside in Euorpe where the system is taught in school and used by everyone for all applications ? I dont. Sure I could google it and pretend like im an expert like so many here do. But thats not my style. I find an expert and ask the old fashioned way. Thanks to Seibertron and Jezle for giving me the info without giving me a lecture.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569119)
Posted by It Is Him on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:15pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
craggy wrote:if someone is going to get worked up about not knowing the dimensions of a product they're interested in buying, because they've not learned what the units of measurement given by the manufacturer are, I'd say that's a pretty decent argument for that person learning the units of measurement...that nearly the entire world uses...or at least using the same internet they're on to complain about their lack of understanding to try and understand.

Anyway, 14cm is an okay height for this. still reckon it'll be a bit pricey for me.

Care to explain how asking someone to "enlighten me" is getting all worked up ? If im correct, dont you reside in Euorpe where the system is taught in school and used by everyone for all applications ? I dont. Sure I could google it and pretend like im an expert like so many here do. But thats not my style. I find an expert and ask the old fashioned way. Thanks to Seibertron and Jezle for giving me the info without giving me a lecture.


Frankly measuring stuff is just overrated. I think we should all just describe transformers size in relation to everyday stuff in our house. Like, MP Prime - he's cat sized. Metroplex? Toddler sized. Alpha trion? Pastrami sandwich sized.

Besides, I don't need google knowing I can't remember basic math conversions I learned in fifth grade. That'll follow you forever, like those embarrassing photos shared on MySpace in 2006. You can't just wish away the fact you passed out in middle of a friends living room and they magic markered your face. Never mind the fact that you're applying for a job... Nope, this guy can't recall crucial life lessons from grade school. Next candidate. Googling is for suckers.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569121)
Posted by Agamemnon on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:20pm CDT
Metric is taught in the US too, X. *whistles*

At any rate, this guy does, indeed, look great! I think I'd rather have a remold of Vector Prime or something. I realize he never transformed in the cartoon, but I do like my transformers to, you know, transform...
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569137)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 26th, 2014 @ 11:32pm CDT
maybe that price if it was diecast metal but not plastic
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569150)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 27th, 2014 @ 12:18am CDT
It ain't fully die-cast that's for sure. But given I have some Art storm products, quality wise + materials, it won't be disappointing.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569154)
Posted by Rated X on April 27th, 2014 @ 12:43am CDT
So my next question is which one of you guys can convert 9,800 yen into dollars without using google ? Any takers ? Dont cheat, I know those underwater basket weaving courses paid off...
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569163)
Posted by Burn on April 27th, 2014 @ 1:04am CDT
Didn't need to use Google.

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=9800&From=JPY&To=USD

But just in case you need a hand in the future, it really is this simple.

Plus you don't have to wait around for someone to answer. Seems to me that a quick Google search is smarter AND faster.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569172)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 27th, 2014 @ 3:17am CDT
You really live up to you name eh "Burn"?

Seriously, thanks to ebay, I got to know of the handy tool of xcurrency. Since forex is quite fluid, give or take at present this will cost not more than $ 96.00 but not less than $ 95.00
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569193)
Posted by craggy on April 27th, 2014 @ 6:21am CDT
Yeah, currency is a little different, since the comparative values of different currencies change. Unless we're to get into real science n stuff an inch will always be an inch and a centimetre will always be a centimetre.

X, you've come a long way from when you first started posting here, but your argument against learning the metric system (which you already use for money, btw) is that you've no reason to use it. In the words of the great prophet, Wade Barrett "I'm afraid I've got some bad news!" there are only a tiny fraction of the world's nations that don't use it, and if you're going to show an interest in foreign products (which you do) and be concerned about the dimensions of them (which you are, and rightly so) then you have a reason to learn to convert, at least on a very basic level. You're not needing precision measurements for tiny intricate details, nor are you talking about huge sizes where a quick rounding up or down will throw everything off by a very noticeable amount. An inch is just over a couple centimetres. Theres 10mm in a cm. I wasn't taught feet and inches in school, but I've learned enough to be able to, tell you my height in "old money" or understand what size of sandwich I'm ordering at Subway.


Now, how bout dem Alpha Trions, huh? I wonder if they'll do a Matrix Ghost version of him?
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569247)
Posted by Rated X on April 27th, 2014 @ 10:15am CDT
Burn wrote:Didn't need to use Google.

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=9800&From=JPY&To=USD

But just in case you need a hand in the future, it really is this simple.

Plus you don't have to wait around for someone to answer. Seems to me that a quick Google search is smarter AND faster.

Humor me for a moment....Did you ever stop to think telling someone to "google it" is a bit on the sarcastic side ? I personally find it to be the equivalent to calling someone a dumb ass. If you were in a more social setting like a a bar and someone asked you a question, would you tell them to pull out their phone and google it ? Granted this is an internet forum and not an Irish pub, but the way we socialize on here it might as well be a pub. Sometimes its cool to throw out a question to see who answers it as a sign of mutual respect. My guess is the guy who has the time to type "google it" instead of typing the answer to your question probably doesnt respect you. Thats the main reason I ask instead of always running to google. I engage my network. Google is a last resort. Just some food for thought...
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569255)
Posted by Rated X on April 27th, 2014 @ 10:40am CDT
craggy wrote:Yeah, currency is a little different, since the comparative values of different currencies change. Unless we're to get into real science n stuff an inch will always be an inch and a centimetre will always be a centimetre.

X, you've come a long way from when you first started posting here, but your argument against learning the metric system (which you already use for money, btw) is that you've no reason to use it. In the words of the great prophet, Wade Barrett "I'm afraid I've got some bad news!" there are only a tiny fraction of the world's nations that don't use it, and if you're going to show an interest in foreign products (which you do) and be concerned about the dimensions of them (which you are, and rightly so) then you have a reason to learn to convert, at least on a very basic level. You're not needing precision measurements for tiny intricate details, nor are you talking about huge sizes where a quick rounding up or down will throw everything off by a very noticeable amount. An inch is just over a couple centimetres. Theres 10mm in a cm. I wasn't taught feet and inches in school, but I've learned enough to be able to, tell you my height in "old money" or understand what size of sandwich I'm ordering at Subway.


Now, how bout dem Alpha Trions, huh? I wonder if they'll do a Matrix Ghost version of him?

I can see your point about learning things that might be relevant to my hobby. Ive been collectiing classics figures since 2007, but honestly its only been the last few months that 3rd parties have given us a barrage of mm and cm measurements in their product descriptions. In the past we usually got comparison shots with known figures alot quicker, so we didnt need to be experts in the metric system to figure out if the figure fit our personal scale preference. I dont see any issue with asking a question on here instead of googling it, as getting an answer is a sign of mutual respect. I know T-man is an expert in scale measurements. I figured maybe he would pop up and do the math happily. So I asked. In the words of anothrr great profit by the name of Mark Henry, "Thats what I do" !!! ;)
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569316)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 27th, 2014 @ 2:44pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Granted this is an internet forum and not an Irish pub, but the way we socialize on here it might as well be a pub.
It is a pub.

An Energon pub. ;)
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569329)
Posted by craggy on April 27th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
two glasses of Mood Whiplash for X and I!
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569339)
Posted by Agamemnon on April 27th, 2014 @ 4:14pm CDT
What do you think the rest of us do, X? I don't know the conversions off the top of my head. Whenever I need to convert inches to cm or C to F, I Google it. I'm a college instructor teaching IT classes. I have two rules number one I tell my students. The first is reboot. But the second one is "Google it!" I have never been the first person to discover a problem. Someone has always encountered the problem before me and put it online. The Internet is a spectacular treasure trove of information. And it is amazing just how easy it is to find most of it.

So, I don't think the comment should be taken sarcastically. When someone says "Google it" it means that the answer is so easy as to require about 10-15 seconds of Googling it. I teach this to my students to encourage self sufficiency and critical thinking, two skills that will serve everybody well.

(You'll know when I get sarcastically exasperated when I start linking things like this. ;) )

And, by the way, I actually agree with your point on using measurements at all. To me, 6.5" is the same a 6" and something not really meaningful without a ruler present. I love to get comparisons to existing, popular figures. Saying it's about the size of Classics Starscream is much more meaningful to me.

Oh, and if I may ask a question of Saberblade, you made a comment about the alternate head not being A3. In what manner were you speaking? I'm just curious. (You have continued to astound me with your TF Knowledge. Thanks in advance!)
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569340)
Posted by craggy on April 27th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
the head is the young Alpha Trion from the episode War Dawn, not the same design A3 used in Forever Is A Long Time Coming.

edit: A3 had a black moustache and less Elton John-esque glasses
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569341)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:Oh, and if I may ask a question of Saberblade, you made a comment about the alternate head not being A3. In what manner were you speaking? I'm just curious. (You have continued to astound me with your TF Knowledge. Thanks in advance!)


It's based on his middle-aged appearance from "War Dawn", not his younger appearance as seen in "Forever Is a Long Time Coming.

What A3 is supposed to look like:

Image

What we're getting:

Image
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569343)
Posted by Agamemnon on April 27th, 2014 @ 4:19pm CDT
Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks, Mindmaster and craggy. :D
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569354)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 27th, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
Sharp eyes guys. So this is his War dawn version going up to his Rebirth incarnation (exception to the Forever is a long time coming episode)
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569357)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 27th, 2014 @ 5:06pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Sharp eyes guys. So this is his War dawn version going up to his Rebirth incarnation (exception to the Forever is a long time coming episode)
Though, his alternative shoulder pads do seem to belong to A3. So he's got an alt head from one episode and alt shoulder pads from another. 8-}
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569391)
Posted by Rated X on April 27th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:What do you think the rest of us do, X? I don't know the conversions off the top of my head. Whenever I need to convert inches to cm or C to F, I Google it. I'm a college instructor teaching IT classes. I have two rules number one I tell my students. The first is reboot. But the second one is "Google it!" I have never been the first person to discover a problem. Someone has always encountered the problem before me and put it online. The Internet is a spectacular treasure trove of information. And it is amazing just how easy it is to find most of it.

So, I don't think the comment should be taken sarcastically. When someone says "Google it" it means that the answer is so easy as to require about 10-15 seconds of Googling it. I teach this to my students to encourage self sufficiency and critical thinking, two skills that will serve everybody well.

(You'll know when I get sarcastically exasperated when I start linking things like this. ;) )

And, by the way, I actually agree with your point on using measurements at all. To me, 6.5" is the same a 6" and something not really meaningful without a ruler present. I love to get comparisons to existing, popular figures. Saying it's about the size of Classics Starscream is much more meaningful to me.

Oh, and if I may ask a question of Saberblade, you made a comment about the alternate head not being A3. In what manner were you speaking? I'm just curious. (You have continued to astound me with your TF Knowledge. Thanks in advance!)

Im not saying I disagree with you. Im just looking more at the social aspect of what we do here. I'm not looking at the online aspect that I just happen to be on a computer and might as well google it. I'm treating it like were a bunch of guys at a bar with no computer in sight. On a side note, many of my posts are made by cell phone when I have 2 minutes to step away from my duties at work. I often don't have the time to "google it". Just saying...
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1569392)
Posted by Rated X on April 27th, 2014 @ 6:39pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Oh, and if I may ask a question of Saberblade, you made a comment about the alternate head not being A3. In what manner were you speaking? I'm just curious. (You have continued to astound me with your TF Knowledge. Thanks in advance!)


It's based on his middle-aged appearance from "War Dawn", not his younger appearance as seen in "Forever Is a Long Time Coming.

What A3 is supposed to look like:

Image

What we're getting:

Image



Im sure Dr. Wu or somebody else will make a new head for those who want the "Zoro" look. Some might even just cut off the prongs altogether, round em off and paint them. Im good with it though. Do you have a cartoon image of the "middle aged" A-3 this figure is supposed to homage ?

Click here to view an additional 7 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014