Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Saturday, April 26th, 2014 5:35AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 28,765

During the report from the Miyazawa Mokei Spring Exhibition, we saw the first licensed, fully coloured Ex Gokin Alpha Trion images from ArtStorm some point in August 2014. Their website has now been updated to include more images and information about this non-transforming figure - check it all out below!

Product Specifications: Non-Scale / Painted
Product Size: Height approx 145mm
Material: Die cast · ABS · PVC · POM
The set includes: Alpha Trion × 1, one each of left and right hand, left fist and right hand, 1 × each left and right handle, right Sashite × 1, A3 head × 1, A3 shoulder left and right parts × 1, open base stand.
Price: 9,800 yen (excluding tax)
August 2014: release

New series EX Gokin Transformers series is born in EX metal alloy!
The first figure of the new series is a survivor of the first generation of early transforming robots, "Autobot elder Alpha Trion" - one of the first Transformers alive on Cybertron. It features a pull-out joint and double joint, and is able of a wide range of motion. In addition, the figures comes with replacement parts, to obtain the younger version "A3".

※ Final product may differ.

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion

Transformers News: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion
Credit(s): ArtStorm

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568899)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 26th, 2014 @ 5:47am CDT
Looks cool, but now we know it's not MP scale, which was going to be my excuse to get him.

But, I love how they managed to not only make him so show accurate, but also so very posable. If only it was 10cm taller.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568901)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2014 @ 5:53am CDT
Tall Deluxe/short Voyager size. Non-transforming. Highly articulated. Die cast construction (don't say it!). Only thing wrong here is them thinking his "War Dawn" head is A3's design when A3 had a different look.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568906)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:28am CDT
Can't wait for the release. I hope he goes well with the G1 series in deluxe size.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568908)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:57am CDT
very nice. the alternate head and shoulders (for sensitive bots) are a good idea. It'll probably be too pricey for me to bother, getting it, mind you.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568912)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 26th, 2014 @ 7:07am CDT
The sculpting and painting on this guy is so...unique. :BOWDOWN: The price should definitely be worth it.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568919)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 26th, 2014 @ 7:36am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Die cast construction (don't say it!).

It's a lost art ;;)

And consider me interested. He'll probably be the only official accurate Alpha Trion we'll ever get.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568939)
Posted by Rated X on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:38am CDT
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568940)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:40am CDT
Rated X wrote:Somebody please enlighten me as to what scale 145 mm is. I thought the use of cm was annoying, but mm ??? Cmon now...

I'm not going to. If it's too difficult to work out maybe google can help you?
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568942)
Posted by Seibertron on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:42am CDT
craggy wrote:

I'm not going to. If it's too difficult to work out maybe google can help you?

145mm is your standard deluxe class size approximately. It comes out to approximately 5.7"

You should bookmark this conversion site. It's an extremely useful tool.

Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568944)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:43am CDT

It's inbetween Deluxe and Voyager scale, at 5.7 inches. Just to make your life a bit easier:

OnlineConversion.com, with every single measurement imaginable.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568950)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 11:20am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

OnlineConversion.com, with every single measurement imaginable.

breems?
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568952)
Posted by Rated X on April 26th, 2014 @ 11:24am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

OnlineConversion.com, with every single measurement imaginable.

And I appreciate you making my life easier. Not everybody in the US has a need to learn that system since it only applies to specific functions that an everyday american might not perform. Back on topic, im stoked that this is going to be classics scale and torn between this and titanium saint. I may end up getting both !
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568953)
Posted by MGrotusque on April 26th, 2014 @ 11:24am CDT
It's got good articulation. I guess it has that going for it.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568956)
Posted by shajaki on April 26th, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
id like to see him standing next to some MP's. if he comes close to the datsuns, he might have a place. which is about the closest to an MP alpha we'll ever get. otherwise all ill have is my botcon alpha for the classics/generations line up.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568964)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:04pm CDT

Anyway, 14cm is an okay height for this. still reckon it'll be a bit pricey for me.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568971)
Posted by megatronus on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:23pm CDT
I don't know cm/mm off the top of my head. That's why Primus invented Google, which has an easy to use conversion tool. It took me literally 2 seconds to figure out this thing was 5.7 inches tall.

He's too G1 to really be my Classics Alpha Trion, but I might just try anyway, because he looks terrific.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568974)
Posted by shajaki on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
craggy wrote:if someone is going to get worked up about not knowing the dimensions of a product they're interested in buying, because they've not learned what the units of measurement given by the manufacturer are, I'd say that's a pretty decent argument for that person learning the units of measurement...that nearly the entire world uses...or at least using the same internet they're on to complain about their lack of understanding to try and understand.

i.... wasnt getting worked up. and yes i know how to google. what i like, is in hand shots and comparison shots, and wont be very invested in this figure until then if at all. i dont appreciate the implication that im ignorant.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568978)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:40pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

He was talking about X me thinks.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568979)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:43pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

nor should you. but...you didn't mention cm or not knowing how to google or not wanting to learn something "because you have no reason to" despite making repeated requests for others on this forum to translate the measurement into something you can grasp, because people listing heights in mm or cm is directly affecting your enjoyment of discussing toys on this forum. You didn't do any of that and my post wasn't talking about you.

FWIW I too would like some comparison shots with other bots. Telling us the height is one thing, seeing something next to products we already are familiar with is something else entirely.
Re: Official Images of ArtStorm EX Gokin Alpha Trion (1568988)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 26th, 2014 @ 1:25pm CDT
Okay, BACK to the figure...

I rather love it. :D Any pre-orders for this guy up at any online sites? He'll be perfect for my Classics shelves.