Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing

Transformers News: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 6:24PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 62,629

Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing. They're three very big names in Hasbro's 2011 Transformers: Generations lineup, and now we get a nice look at their official images. Cliffjumper is a repaint of Cybertronian Bumblebee, along with a new head sculpt. Similar circumstances for Skullgrin, as he has a new head sculpt and paint job off the Darkmount (Straxus) mold. Finally, the figure with a brand spanking new mold, a beloved Transformers Comic character, Thunderwing. Feast your eyes on the pictures below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127734)
Posted by Dark Ops on September 22nd, 2010 @ 6:31pm CDT
Backpack on T-Wing's a little on the big side, but not a deal breaker. Especially if the bulk there is the supposedly removable drone. Which I think it is. Skullgrin looks nice too. Now I'm not sure if I should pick him up, or Straxus! >_<

(I suppose these are the kinds of decisions we /want/ to have though)
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127738)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on September 22nd, 2010 @ 6:41pm CDT
Wasn't to sure about Skullgrin, but that picture just sold him to me. Thunderwing was ever an instant buy from the first time I saw pictures of him a couple months back. Cybertronian CJ... Pass (not into the WfC designs anywho.)
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127739)
Posted by Dinobot747 on September 22nd, 2010 @ 6:42pm CDT
Is Skullgrin pink, or does the pic just make him look that way?
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127741)
Posted by Rodimus_NZ on September 22nd, 2010 @ 6:50pm CDT
it doesnt look pink on skullgrin, it looks like the same sort of teal (is it teal?) that was on the original.
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127742)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on September 22nd, 2010 @ 6:51pm CDT
Hopefully, it's just the picture.
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127745)
Posted by starscream1017 on September 22nd, 2010 @ 6:56pm CDT
love all 3, will get them all. but 2011 is still far away, plus i still havnt been able to find the cybertronian megatron & soundwave. need to buy 2 of those each first.
i really wish they would make more wfc stuff. the characters looked great in the game. please give us a starscream!
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127757)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:12pm CDT
Skullgrin and that Brimstone repaint can hold hands and tip toe through the tulips.
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127762)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:13pm CDT
Cliffjumper is awesome!
And, Skullgrin took Alternity Starscream's head?
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127774)
Posted by Rodimus the Prime on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:25pm CDT
Cliffjumper is awesome! Can't wait to get him!!
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127776)
Posted by SlyTF1 on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:27pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127781)
Posted by Dark Ops on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:29pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:ZOMG! I've been waiting for a thunderwing toy ever since that comic he was in! He was freking awesome in it! I forgot the name though.

"Matrix Quest" :grin:

/you probably mean Stormbringer, but I'm old :D
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127784)
Posted by Megazarak on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:34pm CDT
All of them are looking. Got to say that I'm a little disappointed in the fact that Skullgrin has the same weapon as Darkmount, so it may not be worth getting both. They both look pretty good but I quite like the skeletal look of Skullgrin. I hope that reddish colour on him isn't too pink though, and rather more red.

Thunderwing looks a little puny but he still looks pretty cool.

Cliffjumper also looks pretty cool, too bad it's the exact same mold as BB minus the head. Same issue as Skullgrin, too bad they didn't give him new weapons or something.
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127787)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:37pm CDT
Wow, that is one wicked head sculpt on Skullgrin. Literally and figuratively.

Cliffjumper looks good, and it's nice to have a new head for a change.

As for Thunderwing...well, I'm not that familiar with the character. The toy looks okay, though it seems like it'll be a simple transform (hoping for otherwise).

In any case...from my wallets to Hasbro's bank account.
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127801)
Posted by PhunkJunkion on September 22nd, 2010 @ 8:13pm CDT
I can pass on Cliffjumper, but the other 2 I will buy.
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127810)
Posted by Covenant on September 22nd, 2010 @ 8:20pm CDT
:shock: Dear fuck! Thunderwing's PERFECT!
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127816)
Posted by Mkall on September 22nd, 2010 @ 8:28pm CDT
I'll be buying a Cliffjumper just for the head.

The others are awesome too
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127819)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on September 22nd, 2010 @ 8:31pm CDT
I wonder if that CJ head would fit on the classics head?
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127829)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on September 22nd, 2010 @ 8:56pm CDT
I dunno if it's the photoshop treatment of Cliff's paintjob, but the red/maroon n him looks off. Still, I'm glad he has a different headsculpt. I'll probably buy him anyways, since he's gonna be the only WFC fig in scale with BB.

As for Skullgrin, I love him to death, heheh. I liked Straxus/Darkmount's alt mode and bot mode from the neck down, but hated his overly cartoonish color and headsculpt. Skullgrin's more sinister head and gray color scheme, on the other hand, fits his stout proportions and howitzer alt mode perfectly! Another must-buy!

Thunderwing? Not sure what to make of him. Looks nice overall, but he has a somewhat TFA-ish look on him that I don't quite like. Keeps reminding me of TFA Blitzwing.

I do like his alt mode, though. What the hell, might as well pick him up, too.

***edited for typos***
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127830)
Posted by The Variable on September 22nd, 2010 @ 8:56pm CDT
I haven't been able to get WFC Bumblebee, but Cliffjumper is looking quite good, especially if the actual toy has that kind of vibrant red for its paintjob.

If it comes out looking as good as that pic, I'll just have to pass on seeing whether or not WFC Bumblebee's head could fit on Battle Blades Bumblebee's body to make a IDW Bumblebee...
Re: Official Images of Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (1127837)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:06pm CDT
I'm not real impressed with CJ. I'd like to see him in person though before I pass on him. Skullgrin looks good. Would have been sweet if he got a weapon overhaul like the Drift-Blurr remold did. Thunderwing looks acceptable since they took a supreme class character and made him a deluxe..

Ending Soon On eBay

Huge Lot Transformers Rescue Bots Heroes Optimus Prime Fire station & Robots - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 6 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2013 GENERATIONS 30th IDW Deluxe SERIES 2 TRAILCUTTER AUTOBOT - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 52 minutes 4 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2013 GENERATIONS 30th IDW Deluxe SERIES 2 BUMBLEBEE AUTOBOT - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 37 minutes 53 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2013 GENERATIONS 30th IDW Deluxe SERIES 2 HOIST AUTOBOT COLLECTORS - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 23 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Universe Target Exclusive 25th Anniversary Voyager Leo Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 24 minutes 34 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2013 GENERATIONS 30th IDW Deluxe Series 2 THUNDERCRACKER DECEPTICON - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 9 minutes 38 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Movie Autobot Jazz Premium Series Deluxe Class Figure Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 46 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Go exclusive Micron Samurai Sword Model kit - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 17 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory