Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2

Transformers News: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2

Saturday, April 19th, 2014 7:27PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 18,457

The Transformers Facebook page gives us official and high-def look at the upcoming Kre-O MV4 Micro changers wave 2. The following is included with wave 2.

• Sunstreaker
  • Fuselage

Transformers News: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2

Transformers News: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2
Credit(s): Transformers Facebook

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566681)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 19th, 2014 @ 7:46pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566696)
Posted by Downbeat on April 19th, 2014 @ 8:38pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566709)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 19th, 2014 @ 9:19pm CDT
Downbeat wrote:Still confused by who the hell Scattershot is intended to be. Meanwhile, Skimmer over there looks like the new character find of the century.
And it's finally back to ScattErshot instead of Unicron Trilogy ScattOrshot, otherwise I'd guess he was supposed to be Scattor, the middle Energon Saber jet.

And am I the only one who thinks Skimmer bears an intentional resemblance to Bristleback? Ah, if only they hadn't loudened Abominus's colors to resemble the Prime Terrorpreds, they might've done a Kreo Monstructor...
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566719)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 19th, 2014 @ 10:24pm CDT
Scattershot = Universe/ROTF Airazor

Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566725)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 19th, 2014 @ 10:43pm CDT

welcometothedarksyde wrote:I think they could've done so much better on Beachcomber, Null rays? Seriously, there was no way to get some shoulder mounted round things?

The missile pod things Lugnut has would've been perfect.
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566762)
Posted by wolverinetodd on April 20th, 2014 @ 5:42am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Aren't there any Autobot jets that aren't white? The Aerialbots are white jets, Strafe is a white jet, Jetfire's a white jet, Scattershot's a white jet... meanwhile the Decepticon Seekers are an entire rainbow. Too bad Skimmer isn't DotM Air Raid.

The missile pod things Lugnut has would've been perfect.

Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566793)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2014 @ 8:37am CDT
wolverinetodd wrote:Technically, Scattershot's a Technobot (leader of them, in fact) and should've been about 80% dark burgundy in color and not so much white. He looks too much like an Aerialbot or one of his fellow Technobots, Strafe. No surprise that this mini-fig was done wrong.
This Scattershot isn't the Technobot Scattershot.
Sabrblade wrote:Scattershot = Universe/ROTF Airazor

Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566795)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 20th, 2014 @ 8:43am CDT
wolverinetodd wrote:

The missile pod things Lugnut has would've been perfect.

Sometimes renaming is necessary to get around trademark problems. Plus, we already have a G1 Scattershot Microchanger in the Computron Combiner set, this is the second one named "Scattershot".

In a curious move, RotF/Universe 2008 Airazor was made as a replacement for Slingshot. So Slingshot and Airazor's representations, Quickslinger and Scattershot, are both standalone from Superion.
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566814)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 20th, 2014 @ 10:03am CDT
wolverinetodd wrote:I'm also confused as to where "Beachcomber" is as referenced by welcometothedarksyde as I don't see the laidback dune buggy anywhere.

I assumed he was talking about Seaspray.
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566819)
Posted by Down_Shift on April 20th, 2014 @ 10:37am CDT

Aside from that, I'm excited for that Gears!
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566859)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2014 @ 2:42pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned Sunstreakers chest is completely wrong. Sure the helmet is an odd choice, but the chest is worse.
I've seen speculation the Sunstreaker's chest, as well as that of Trailbreaker and that of Runamuck, might be based off of possible Binder of Revelation versions of the guys instead of their G1 versions.

After all, we have already gotten a G1 Trailbreaker-based Kreon with Trailcutter:

Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566976)
Posted by shockblast2 on April 21st, 2014 @ 8:30am CDT
Finally getting Sunstreaker and Gears to round out the first season G1 Autobots. Glad to have the missing Seacon and Seaspray as well.

Why the hell are we getting another Trailbreaker and Scattershot? What a waste of two slots, when we still need a Cosmos and Reflector. Not to mention Ultra Magnus, Blurr, Tracks, Grapple, Skids, Blaster, Blitzwing, Astrotrain or Smokescreen.

And who is Skimmer and Fuselage? Fuselage looks like Astrotrain to me. So, I will pass on Skimmer and pick up "Fuselage" and pretend it is Astrotrain. Unless we get an official one in the future, then it can be Fuselage again. Whoever the hell that is.
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566978)
Posted by shockblast2 on April 21st, 2014 @ 8:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Fuselage appears to be Octane and Skimmer might be DOTM Air Raid.

Fuselage doesn't look like Octane to me. Colors are off and that head piece doesn't match. Looks more like Astrotrain to me, especially the alt mode. We haven't seen the name since classics Astrotrain. I bet they lost the trademark for it. Also, if it were Octane, they could have easily named it Tankor as we know they still have the rights for that name with the upcoming Generations release.

Who knows who Skimmer is supposed to me? It think DOTM Air Raid is an obscure character to be made a kreon, but your guess is the best one out there, because there is no other bot with that look that I know of. I personally am passing on that Kreon with Trailcutter and Scatershot part 2, so I am ok with it. Lightens the financial load when they hit retail. Although it irritates me tht they would redo two figures and create some obscure one when there are still 20 or so left that have not been made from G1 alone. They should have made a Reflector. That one would be lucrative for them as everyone would want three. Not to mention the perfect opportunity to make the five G1 dinobots with the TF4 movie coming. We get 4 combiner sets that are dino related and none of them are G1 dinos. What the hell were they thinking?
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566980)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 21st, 2014 @ 8:48am CDT

As for Skimmer being DotM Air Raid, no. I was thinking at least the chest details would match, but no.
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566982)
Posted by shockblast2 on April 21st, 2014 @ 8:54am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Supposedly Fuselage is Octane, basic on his Universe figure. Coloring and especially naming is kind of weird in Kre-O, falling in a different trademark category, so "Tankor" may already be taken in that field.

I don't agree. Fuselage looks WAYYYYY more like Astrotrain. Even the alt mode matches. The alt mode looks nothing like Octane's. They also could have named it Tankor or Octane. I doubt either or are restricted. I think that the odds are greater that they have lost the Astrotrain name since we have not seen anything since 2006 with that name. We had a Tankor in 2009 AND 2014.

In my OP, the evidence is heavily towards Astrotrain than Octane in every category. What makes you believe it is Octane?
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566986)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 21st, 2014 @ 9:00am CDT
shockblast2 wrote:

His chest detailing, it matches that of the Universe 2008 figure, not G1:

Also, wings on top and not the bottom: Universe Tankor aka Octane. :)
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566989)
Posted by shockblast2 on April 21st, 2014 @ 9:07am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:

His chest detailing, it matches that of the Universe 2008 figure, not G1:

Also, wings on top and not the bottom: Universe Tankor aka Octane. :)

Those are obscure details compared to the colors not matching, the fact that the name Tankor is available for use, the helmet looking more like Astrotrain than Octane, and the biggest point of all, the fact that the alt mode looks like a space shuttle and not a old type plane.

Still not seeing Octane in this one. And that chest piece looks similar to Octanes, but Astrotrain's is similar as well. Also, those wings are inverted just like Astrotrains. Octane's are more of a rectangle. Go look at a G1 pick of both and you will see what i mean. The more I look at them now the more I am sold that this is Astrotrain.
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1566996)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2014 @ 9:40am CDT

And as for this Scattershot:
Sabrblade wrote:Scattershot = Universe/ROTF Airazor

Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1567004)
Posted by shockblast2 on April 21st, 2014 @ 9:56am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Skimmer is actually a new beast-based character, like a new Dinobot, to go along with the dino theme of AOE.

And as for this Scattershot:
Sabrblade wrote:Scattershot = Universe/ROTF Airazor

I figured Skimmer would be something like that. How lame is it that we have 30+ new dino kreons but no G1 dinobots? Sometimes I really think the people who make the decisions for these lines as far as the characters go are complete morons.

They even took Insecticon Shrapnel, messed up his colors just so they can insert it into the lame Obsidian combiner they came up with. How stupid.

I can agree that this "Scattershot " might be Airrazor, but that is redundant because we already got all five aerialbots. Making this another stupid character choice, along with Trailbreaker. How insulting, especially when there are many other characters they could have chose.
Re: Official Images of Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 (1567006)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2014 @ 9:58am CDT
No, please, do go on. Tell us how you really feel about these Kreons. :P

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016