Transformers News: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 6:02PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 66,790

If the past few Transformers Power Core Combiners 5-Packs haven't pleased you, then perhaps some familiar names and familiar alternate modes will catch your attention. The Constructicons are back! Under the command of Steamhammer, the group is composed of an array of construction vehicles. On the other side of the spectrum are Autobots, this five-team group is composed of prehistoric dinosaurs. They are none other than the Dinobots, led by Grimstone. Now we get a nice look at these guys. Check them out below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127727)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 22nd, 2010 @ 6:06pm CDT
These sets look so much better in these pics. I was kinda iffy abou the constructicons but after seeing this, these sets look to be the best yet.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127728)
Posted by Burn on September 22nd, 2010 @ 6:08pm CDT
Those dino modes look really good.

But then again, I thought most of the PCC alt modes looked good, then I bought them, then I discovered how crappy they are.

And they really let the dino combine mode down with that crappy left arm.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127732)
Posted by Megazarak on September 22nd, 2010 @ 6:26pm CDT
I like them, but I'm pretty open to anything, especially if it has something to do with dinosaurs. The drones from both commanders look really good, and their alt modes both also look really good. Their bot modes are both also pretty nice. But just like everyone else, I gotta say that Grimstone's left dino arm really sucks.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127736)
Posted by Overcracker on September 22nd, 2010 @ 6:39pm CDT
Well this is an improvement. The Dinobots look pretty decent. Minus that silly looking left hand.

The constructicons actually work fairly nicely, and the combined mode actually gets hands with thumbs and fingers instead of gangly 2 or 3-pronged claws. And they look stable.

I may just give in and get these.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127756)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:11pm CDT
*sighs* The Dinobots are no longer a buy for me.

That left arm/claw abomination ruins it for me.

Steamhammer and the Constructicons look good. Really good, even better than the Dinobots did when I first laid eyes on them, but I'm sure they'll ugly them up and I'll end up hating them.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127759)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:12pm CDT
I need all of them.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127763)
Posted by Neurie on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:14pm CDT
YAY more over priced shelf warmers!

Am I the only one who thinks the dinosaurs have an aweful resemblance to the Dinoforce from Transformers Masterforce?

Nothing reminds me of the dinobots about them but all Id want to be happy is a little robot to be riding the Trex and itd make me one happy TF fan
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127764)
Posted by adamassc on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:14pm CDT
I like how this shows Grimstone's bot mode finally, and also that the Dinobots look like BOTS. In most of the other images, they looked to have pebbly skin.

Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127769)
Posted by dragons on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:17pm CDT
they look good but i am still passing on these these combiners need g1 limbs such as bruticus has on him
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127813)
Posted by Covenant on September 22nd, 2010 @ 8:25pm CDT
My gawd. All these Generations figures, and a combiner comprised of new Dinobots done in traditional Dinobot squad colors.

Sorry to say it, but I may owe someone at Hasbro some sexual favors.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127828)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 22nd, 2010 @ 8:53pm CDT
Well, that's another $40 I'm giving Hasbro.
I bet Steamhammer would go nicely with Legends Devastator (+ other Legends Rampage and Long Haul) and Sledge (+ Throttler). Over a dozen Constructicons that are all roughly the same size! Too bad they all can't combine.

adamassc wrote:I also like how somebody finally figured out that they could stick the thumb in the middle and it would work out okay.

And here I was thinking it would've been too expensive/hard to put into a Legends-sized toy. There goes that argument! :lol:
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127841)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:13pm CDT
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh'

Not too crazy about them.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127845)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:18pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:*sighs* The Dinobots are no longer a buy for me.

That left arm/claw abomination ruins it for me.

agreed
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127853)
Posted by adamassc on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:26pm CDT

Hasbro is really testing the waters with these two, instantly recognizable teams with never-been-used altmodes: Five untested dino designs, four untried construction vehicles.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127869)
Posted by Skyfire77 on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:49pm CDT
adamassc wrote:Just wondering, what are the constructicons? I know Steamhammer is a bulldozer and one of the leg drones is a steamroller, but what are the other three?

The light blue one looks like a driller, or maybe a soil nailer, the green and gray one I think is a snow plow, and the orange one appears to be a modified excavator.

They're both on my wish list now...
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127904)
Posted by Captziltoid on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:46pm CDT
they look good eccept both of their left arms. man i hate those giant chunks of metal popping out of the side of them :BOT:
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127905)
Posted by Turbobungle on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:54pm CDT
DINNNOOOOOO KIIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!!! :D
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127907)
Posted by Caelus on September 22nd, 2010 @ 11:03pm CDT
I know I'm going to wind up getting Grimstone, but the, I'll probably leave him uncombined, since unlike the other combiners, these 'drones' have some independent merit.

Wonder how many people will buy two Dinobot Combiners so they can make them symmetrical - you have to admit having the Dimetrodon mirror-reflected to the left shoulder would look good.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127947)
Posted by Love Dragon on September 23rd, 2010 @ 1:12am CDT
Oh, they look very sweet.

Geez. I keep hoping they'll do an OP.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (1127964)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on September 23rd, 2010 @ 2:20am CDT
I actually rather like the explanation they've given for using classic team names (Aerialbots, Combaticons, Dinobots, Constructicons, etc) for these characters, who have no apparent connection to the classic team members... they're NEW team-members, given drones to allow them to 'combine' like more traditional teams. I consider Grimstone to be "The Sixth Dinobot" (call him Spike or Slash or Stomp if you want), and his drones to be exactly that - semi-autonomous drones that he commands in battle. Same with Steamhammer; he's just another Constructicon, with his own non-Devastator combining team.

It lets me put Bombshock on the same shelf as my Classics/FansProject Bruticus, without worrying about breaking continuity. (Heck, 'Barricade' has become my new Combaticon commander, now that Onslaught has moved on to a higher-ranking command position).

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering