Transformers News: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 11:41PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 60,987

It's the toy revealing that doesn't end. Cause, it goes on and on my friend! The latest official images reveal two brand new Power Core Combiners 2-Packs. We've got Heavytread with Groundspike, a menacing tank who utilizes Groundspike as a claw and front bumper. Skyhammer with Airlift adds another fighter plane to your Transformers sky arsenal. Check them both out below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers toy news on the net!
Credit(s): Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127920)
Posted by Berserker Prime on September 22nd, 2010 @ 11:46pm CDT
The PCC 2 packs are gold. Cant wait till I get my hands on these.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127925)
Posted by Hard Hacker on September 22nd, 2010 @ 11:49pm CDT
Damn thee Hasbro, you didst quite well.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127929)
Posted by Wes Crayon on September 23rd, 2010 @ 12:02am CDT
Wow -- those are looking really, really good to me. They might call him Heavytread, but I see Brawl! I'm thinking Skyhammer looks like someone to me too, but I can't quite place the resemblance.

Not that I have any problem repurposing figures, but Hasbro could make these buying decisions so much easier for me by explicitly naming these guys after appropriate G1/G2 counterparts. :)
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127932)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on September 23rd, 2010 @ 12:08am CDT
That Tank Guy looks pure awesome.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127940)
Posted by Caelus on September 23rd, 2010 @ 12:32am CDT
Heavy Tread looks great!

And a little like an Imperial Baneblade...

Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127943)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on September 23rd, 2010 @ 12:43am CDT
I agree with everyone else that Heavytread looks A LOT like Brawl. I thought the same thing right after I saw the pics. I'm planning to pick up my first PCC Two-Packs this week sometime. Hopefully if they grow on me I'll add these two to me connection when the release. They both look great.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127944)
Posted by Optimutt on September 23rd, 2010 @ 12:46am CDT
Skyhammer's face reminds me of IDW's Jhiaxus. Pretty sweet likeness, really.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127953)
Posted by Flashwave on September 23rd, 2010 @ 1:26am CDT
Sorry folks, but with a recent discussion on the Movie Brwl/Firetrap, Heavytread has me thinkin' Guzzle. TThough arguably, all of those G1 tanks were limited to the same basic tranformations. Plus, thr ecout class is too small to match up to the other COmbaticons we've gotten so far. (Onslaught, Swindle)
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127958)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on September 23rd, 2010 @ 1:47am CDT
skyhammer ALMOST looks good but i dunno really. . .

but lets face it this article is all about heavytread who. looks. AWESOME. weapon is sorta weird i mean what is it supposed to be? but who cares about a weapon when you have a giant tank death cannon on your back!
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127959)
Posted by First-Aid on September 23rd, 2010 @ 1:50am CDT
Optimutt wrote:Skyhammer's face reminds me of IDW's Jhiaxus. Pretty sweet likeness, really.

I was actually thinking along the lines of Armada Cyclonus...but I'd have to see a lot closer to be sure on that...

I'm actually impressed with these...very impressed. More money gone... :ic$:
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127967)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on September 23rd, 2010 @ 2:37am CDT
Wes Crayon wrote:

See, this is exactly what I like about this line. Hasbro are creating a bunch of NEW characters instead of retreading the same old ground that has been covered a bajillion times before.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127970)
Posted by noodles2go on September 23rd, 2010 @ 2:41am CDT
HOLY CARP! These guys look fantastic! Way to go Hasbro! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127975)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 23rd, 2010 @ 3:01am CDT
WHOA. Heavytread is bought! He'll be Brawl to me too. ;) Skyhammer looks interesting, but I'll have to see better images to decide.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127993)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 23rd, 2010 @ 4:26am CDT

I think they both look great, although I don't like Groundspike or Airlift.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127996)
Posted by Ironhide516 on September 23rd, 2010 @ 4:46am CDT
camzilla51 wrote:The tankformer looks a LOT like G1 Brawl... I might get it just to put on my classics shelf and paint over the stupid all-spark blue combined tabs. PCC kinda annoyed me because I can't use any of the characters to fill gaps in other lines, but this one might actually be worth it!! :D

That's exactly what I did w/ Huffer. Fits in nicely w/ my Classics collection. And I did paint those neon blue tabs black, which is what Hasbro should have done in the first place. Why a blue that practically glows in the dark :???:
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1127999)
Posted by noodles2go on September 23rd, 2010 @ 4:51am CDT
Down_Shift wrote:I love that new brawl figure. I swear to god, if there is an old school connector buried somewhere in that guy for Bruticus Maximus I might just... freak out!

I think they both look great, although I don't like Groundspike or Airlift.

I like groundspike because he's a melee weapon and seems fairly functional and thought out as a vehicle weapon. Airlift looks like a tougher Chopster/Razorbeam and no discernible difference between his robot weapon and vehicle weapon modes.

I can't wait for more 2-packs. PLEASE make more 2-packs Hasbro! (Not Repaints!)
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1128002)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on September 23rd, 2010 @ 5:38am CDT
Oooo, judging by Groundspikes vehicle-weapon-mode I think we can guess that he'll make an awesome chest-plate for Heavytread in combiner mode. :D
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1128009)
Posted by Jesterhead on September 23rd, 2010 @ 6:10am CDT
Love Groundspike!
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1128025)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on September 23rd, 2010 @ 7:57am CDT
It would be cool if FANSPROJECT would engineer a way to make an attachment for Heavytread (AKA G1 Brawl) to be combined with the Bruticus set. i wouldnt suppose it would be that hard as the PCC figures are within that size (I would have to see a comparison) but I can picture him with the add on appendages my bruticus already has...it would be AWESOME!!! man it feels GOOD to be an old school G1 Fan...:KREMZEEK:

On another note HASBRO PLEASE MAKE A GENERATIONS SLUGSLINGER FIGURE!!! :CON:
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Heavytread with Groundspike and Skyhammer with Airlift (1128026)
Posted by UltraPrimal on September 23rd, 2010 @ 8:06am CDT
Heavytread reminds me of movie Brawl and Skyhammer reminds me of movie Dreadwing. Huh.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1『CYCLONUS』reissue MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 26 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Reissue G1『MENASOR』MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 11 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Reissue G1 DINOBOT『SLAG』MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 41 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Reissue G1『SUNSTREAKER』MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 56 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Animated Shockwave Voyager Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 27 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Reissue G1 Dinobot『SNARL』MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 42 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Animated Blitzwing Voyager Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 8 days 8 hours 27 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Animated Lugnut Voyager Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 43 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016