Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime

Saturday, July 12th, 2014 11:36AM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 42,343

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We have new official images of Takara Tomy's Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit (DMK03) Optimus Prime via Amazon Japan. The kit looks quite impressive and offers a very screen accurate and articulated version of the latest incarnation of Optimus Prime. Check him out in the series of images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Amazon Japan
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1589988)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 12th, 2014 @ 12:03pm CDT
...Dayum. That looks pretty sweet. But seeing that, I think it's safe to say that expecting an accurate transforming version of this design is kinda unfair. I mean, by the looks of things this transformation defies the laws of physics. There's no way they could make an even remotely accurate version without major partsforming. And you all know what I think of partsforming.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590008)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 12th, 2014 @ 12:53pm CDT
Looks great. What's with all the silver though? Is that supposed to be the silver knight Optimus? I'm assuming that idea got dumped at the last minute, because in the film I didn't notice any change in color on him. Unless it's just really subtle.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590030)
Posted by TransformersFan89 on July 12th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT
Ok thanks! Do you think we'll be seeing any human alliance figures for Age Of Extinction?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590059)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 12th, 2014 @ 3:32pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:...Dayum. That looks pretty sweet. But seeing that, I think it's safe to say that expecting an accurate transforming version of this design is kinda unfair. I mean, by the looks of things this transformation defies the laws of physics. There's no way they could make an even remotely accurate version without major partsforming. And you all know what I think of partsforming.


And THAT'S why I don't really care for this knight design for Optimus. It's neat and all, but it's impossible for designers to work around that in ways that aren't bulky awkward shell-forming. There's really nothing to indicate that he's a truck outside of the smokestacks, so he's near unidentifiable as a Transformer.

Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590096)
Posted by william-james88 on July 12th, 2014 @ 4:45pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.


I am really looking forward to owning EM Prime then. I am simply waiting for that Evolution 2 pack to come out since I dont have either of those molds yet (looks like it will be in a while).
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590127)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 12th, 2014 @ 5:25pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:...Dayum. That looks pretty sweet. But seeing that, I think it's safe to say that expecting an accurate transforming version of this design is kinda unfair. I mean, by the looks of things this transformation defies the laws of physics. There's no way they could make an even remotely accurate version without major partsforming. And you all know what I think of partsforming.


And THAT'S why I don't really care for this knight design for Optimus. It's neat and all, but it's impossible for designers to work around that in ways that aren't bulky awkward shell-forming. There's really nothing to indicate that he's a truck outside of the smokestacks, so he's near unidentifiable as a Transformer.

Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.


Indeed. I do tip my hat to the designers for trying to make the design unusual, refreshing and not obviously an upscaled and heavily detailed toy, but it is a pain for those of us who want a decent figure of it. Granted, the increased simplification of the AoE line doesn't help (at least with the very large toys; the Deluxes and some of the Voyagers look same as usual) but really, I doubt even Studio Half-Eye could make an accurate transforming version of that (although I wouldn't put it past them considering they made "perfect transforming" versions of Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann).

On the plus side, this could help push forward the toy engineering/mech designing arts, so to speak. For a similar example, look at Evangelion; the lithe, organic designs were considered too difficult to render in toy form and thus Gainax were bombarded with requests to make them more toyetic. However, Gainax refused to give on the designs, and the series went on to basically rewrite the rules of anime. Plus, they eventually got a toy contract with Sega and several years later there are now lots of good Evangelion figures. So, Eva and its radical designs changed not only the anime industry, but the toy industry too.

Not that the live-action Transformers movies are up to par with Eva of course, but you get what I mean.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590128)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 12th, 2014 @ 5:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.


I am really looking forward to owning EM Prime then. I am simply waiting for that Evolution 2 pack to come out since I dont have either of those molds yet (looks like it will be in a while).


Seems to be the right way to go. I haven't even considered the leader class, mainly because it's to pricey to be a big, kibble strewn mess.

Moreover, once again at that size Optimus doesn't have anyone to challenge him at that size. Galvatron is a shell-forming voyager and Lockdown (the PRIMARY antagonist of the movie) is a tiny deluxe. And it's not even like the other Lockdown toys where he unfolds to be taller than a voyager.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590142)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 12th, 2014 @ 5:42pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:...Dayum. That looks pretty sweet. But seeing that, I think it's safe to say that expecting an accurate transforming version of this design is kinda unfair. I mean, by the looks of things this transformation defies the laws of physics. There's no way they could make an even remotely accurate version without major partsforming. And you all know what I think of partsforming.


And THAT'S why I don't really care for this knight design for Optimus. It's neat and all, but it's impossible for designers to work around that in ways that aren't bulky awkward shell-forming. There's really nothing to indicate that he's a truck outside of the smokestacks, so he's near unidentifiable as a Transformer.

Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.


Indeed. I do tip my hat to the designers for trying to make the design unusual, refreshing and not obviously an upscaled and heavily detailed toy, but it is a pain for those of us who want a decent figure of it. Granted, the increased simplification of the AoE line doesn't help (at least with the very large toys; the Deluxes and some of the Voyagers look same as usual) but really, I doubt even Studio Half-Eye could make an accurate transforming version of that (although I wouldn't put it past them considering they made "perfect transforming" versions of Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann).

On the plus side, this could help push forward the toy engineering/mech designing arts, so to speak. For a similar example, look at Evangelion; the lithe, organic designs were considered too difficult to render in toy form and thus Gainax were bombarded with requests to make them more toyetic. However, Gainax refused to give on the designs, and the series went on to basically rewrite the rules of anime. Plus, they eventually got a toy contract with Sega and several years later there are now lots of good Evangelion figures. So, Eva and its radical designs changed not only the anime industry, but the toy industry too.

Not that the live-action Transformers movies are up to par with Eva of course, but you get what I mean.


I see your point. However, the main difference here is that the Eva (to my knowledge) do not transform, and have the luxury of having more lithe forms with ball joints.

Now, I'm not saying that they have to transform to be Transformers toys. I'm aware of Action Masters, Pretenders, Revoltech, Robot Heroes and those God awful plastic bricks they make now a days. I'm just saying that Optimus Prime's knight-mode model was never meant to logically become a truck, just a sleek robot. While this is perfectly serviceable with these Dual Models, it has made every other toy that has had to transform be a cluttered, back-heavy kibbled mess that is about as far removed from the screen design as possible. If a screen-accurate transformable toy did exist, such a thing would be Metroplex-scaled, break apart into dozens if not hundreds of panels and hinges, and would be a price point that not even Fansproject would be willing to commit to.

This might be the wrong place to talk about engineering aesthetics, but it's been a pet peeve about this "knight" design for me for a long while now.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590268)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on July 13th, 2014 @ 4:24am CDT
Shuttershock wrote:Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.

What's really impressive is it's so simple, he basically turns inside-out. Hound even transforms in a similar way. I don't know why they didn't take that approach with leader Optimus and Galvatron.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590392)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 13th, 2014 @ 3:17pm CDT
I find it weird that the $10 One Step Changer and $12 Power Battler versions of Optimus both have more cohesive robot modes and less kibble than the $40-50 Leader Class figure.
Image
Image
Image
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590403)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 13th, 2014 @ 4:10pm CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.

What's really impressive is it's so simple, he basically turns inside-out. Hound even transforms in a similar way. I don't know why they didn't take that approach with leader Optimus and Galvatron.


That's what annoys me even more about Galvatron's design. In the film (spoilers), he "transforms" by basically dematerializing into cubes and reforming as a robot, meaning that absolutely NO care has to be put into parts from vehicle mode fitting in. Because of this, they've just had to make him a shell-former with a semi-backpack.

In short, the movie designs and sensibilities are hindering the engineering of the toys.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590441)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 13th, 2014 @ 6:03pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.

What's really impressive is it's so simple, he basically turns inside-out. Hound even transforms in a similar way. I don't know why they didn't take that approach with leader Optimus and Galvatron.


That's what annoys me even more about Galvatron's design. In the film (spoilers), he "transforms" by basically dematerializing into cubes and reforming as a robot, meaning that absolutely NO care has to be put into parts from vehicle mode fitting in. Because of this, they've just had to make him a shell-former with a semi-backpack.

In short, the movie designs and sensibilities are hindering the engineering of the toys.


A lot of that has to do with the fact that Hasbro is basically made to sit in a corner while Paramount handles most of the movie stuff. I really think Hasbro needs to step up and insist that the movie designers work alongside the toy designers.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590444)
Posted by Convoy on July 13th, 2014 @ 6:09pm CDT
I suspect the reason for having so little screentime for the robots in the previous movies is due to their "unrealistic" nature. I also suspect that this is why we see "melting" transformation, it's cheaper. By saving money on animating the very complex conversions on screen they were able to get more robots more screentime. If they had made blocky robots with a feasible transform they would have saved oodles of moola on the polygons alone.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590567)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 14th, 2014 @ 1:32am CDT
What I don't understand is this: How is coordinating thousands of tiny cubes to coalesce into a humanoid form "cheaper" than what we've seen for the past 3 movies?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590570)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 14th, 2014 @ 2:03am CDT
Metro Prime wrote:What I don't understand is this: How is coordinating thousands of tiny cubes to coalesce into a humanoid form "cheaper" than what we've seen for the past 3 movies?



Hard to say. It seems like the cube thing would be a difficult but programmable particle-like effect, as opposed to having to take the time to figure out how car parts shift into place. Movie Galvatron has no visible truck parts because he digitizes, which to me cheapens the transforming aspect of this movie even more.

I get the feeling that the people designing the robots don't have a sense of engineering with their designs. It seems like they are just shown cars, told to draw robots and then leave it to Hasbro to sort out how one becomes the other.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590599)
Posted by Convoy on July 14th, 2014 @ 6:17am CDT
As a side note: You don't see Skids and Mudflap transform behind a curtain because it "looks cool". You don't see Drift transform behind a building because it "looks cool". You don't see a bunch of Transformers transform because the camera is zoomed all the way in on the knee or the shoulder during conversion. It can't look cool because you can't even see it.
These are cost saving measures.

EDIT:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:A lot of that has to do with the fact that Hasbro is basically made to sit in a corner while Paramount handles most of the movie stuff. I really think Hasbro needs to step up and insist that the movie designers work alongside the toy designers.


I'm a little surprised I'm only just now learning that Hasbro takes a back seat when it comes to the movies. In every other iteration I know of the fiction is based on the product with the exception of the non toy based characters.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590609)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 14th, 2014 @ 7:50am CDT
Metro Prime wrote:What I don't understand is this: How is coordinating thousands of tiny cubes to coalesce into a humanoid form "cheaper" than what we've seen for the past 3 movies?

Both methods of transformation involve thousands of tiny little pieces moving everywhere. With "real" Transformers, you need to individualize the parts (i.e. gears, springs, pistons, etc. for each and every bot) and to make sure they all move in a believable fashion. With the KSI bots, you only need one actual model for everyone's parts (i.e. a cube) and they don't really need to worry about believability as much. It's still hard work, no doubt, but it probably takes only a fraction of the time/effort.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590648)
Posted by 1PrimeProductions on July 14th, 2014 @ 11:26am CDT
The reasoning for the "cubified transformations" was to show that KSI really didn't fully understand the transformers technology.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590690)
Posted by Convoy on July 14th, 2014 @ 2:01pm CDT
1PrimeProductions wrote:The reasoning for the "cubified transformations" was to show that KSI really didn't fully understand the transformers technology.


I understand that they explained the cost saving measures with "plot".
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590717)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
1PrimeProductions wrote:The reasoning for the "cubified transformations" was to show that KSI really didn't fully understand the transformers technology.
According to what source?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590720)
Posted by 1PrimeProductions on July 14th, 2014 @ 4:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
1PrimeProductions wrote:The reasoning for the "cubified transformations" was to show that KSI really didn't fully understand the transformers technology.
According to what source?


If you think about it, it makes sense. The humans just started building transformers and it's very unlikely they knew exactly what they were doing.

After all, Megatron was able to take full control of his new body and the drones without anyone knowing. Also, when Joshua was showing that girl transformium, it didn't transform either. It "cubeformed" into other objects.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590724)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2014 @ 4:44pm CDT
1PrimeProductions wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
1PrimeProductions wrote:The reasoning for the "cubified transformations" was to show that KSI really didn't fully understand the transformers technology.
According to what source?


If you think about it, it makes sense. The humans just started building transformers and it's very unlikely they knew exactly what they were doing. After all, Megatron was able to take full control of his new body and the drones without anyone knowing. Also, when Joshua was showing that girl transformium, it didn't transform either. It "cubeformed" into other objects.
My post was in response to your phrasing it like a confirmed fact, rather than as speculation.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590756)
Posted by 1PrimeProductions on July 14th, 2014 @ 6:48pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
1PrimeProductions wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
1PrimeProductions wrote:The reasoning for the "cubified transformations" was to show that KSI really didn't fully understand the transformers technology.
According to what source?


If you think about it, it makes sense. The humans just started building transformers and it's very unlikely they knew exactly what they were doing. After all, Megatron was able to take full control of his new body and the drones without anyone knowing. Also, when Joshua was showing that girl transformium, it didn't transform either. It "cubeformed" into other objects.
My post was in response to your phrasing it like a confirmed fact, rather than as speculation.

It may not have been DIRECTLY said by any character in AoE, but once again look at the scene with Joshua and that girl when he was showing her the transformium. It reacted the same way when it changed from thing to thing.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590774)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2014 @ 8:25pm CDT
1PrimeProductions wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
1PrimeProductions wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
1PrimeProductions wrote:The reasoning for the "cubified transformations" was to show that KSI really didn't fully understand the transformers technology.
According to what source?


If you think about it, it makes sense. The humans just started building transformers and it's very unlikely they knew exactly what they were doing. After all, Megatron was able to take full control of his new body and the drones without anyone knowing. Also, when Joshua was showing that girl transformium, it didn't transform either. It "cubeformed" into other objects.
My post was in response to your phrasing it like a confirmed fact, rather than as speculation.

It may not have been DIRECTLY said by any character in AoE, but once again look at the scene with Joshua and that girl when he was showing her the transformium. It reacted the same way when it changed from thing to thing.
Still, that's just your interpretation, one of many, not official.

Not saying it's "wrong", just that it's a guess.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590859)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 15th, 2014 @ 5:34am CDT
Today we have a sighting for you, by Seibertron member Starscream.

The newly released Transformers themed Mr. Potato Head toys are available at Family Dollar, and for the low price of $5.00 each! The store was located in the Chicago area, so if the midwest is having these show up, they should be coastal soon, if not now.

The assortment he saw consisted of Optimus, Bumblebee and Grimlock. He also provided visual proof below:

Image

If you find these or any new toys, please post your sightings here and help your fellow collector/fan out!

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590881)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 15th, 2014 @ 8:34am CDT
dang. I saw these at my local family dollar a few months ago. I thought it was old stuff or else I would have reported it :P
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590945)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 15th, 2014 @ 1:22pm CDT
My theory is that what the humans are creating aren't really Transformers; they're just blobs of Cybertronian metal programmed to vaguely resemble them. It's like making a Transformer out of Play-Doh. There's no panels shifting or anything because the entire robot just gets "molded" into a different form.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590958)
Posted by megatronus on July 15th, 2014 @ 2:18pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:My theory is that what the humans are creating aren't really Transformers; they're just blobs of Cybertronian metal programmed to vaguely resemble them. It's like making a Transformer out of Play-Doh. There's no panels shifting or anything because the entire robot just gets "molded" into a different form.

Wouldn't straight up T2-style transmutation be more technologically advanced than transformation?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1590992)
Posted by 1PrimeProductions on July 15th, 2014 @ 4:22pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:My theory is that what the humans are creating aren't really Transformers; they're just blobs of Cybertronian metal programmed to vaguely resemble them. It's like making a Transformer out of Play-Doh. There's no panels shifting or anything because the entire robot just gets "molded" into a different form.


That's a pretty good theory. Makes a lot of sense especially since the transformium was programmable. Does anyone think that perhaps the transformium wasn't exactly "pure transformium?" I only say this because of the fact it didn't transform, but cubeformed.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591036)
Posted by El Duque on July 15th, 2014 @ 7:57pm CDT
eToysJapan has listed two new Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Editions sets. The first is an Optimus Prime with Trailer and bonus figure rumored to be Stinger. The second is a set of all five Dinobots rumored to have new darker colored decos. Each set is scheduled for release in October. Unfortunately the pre-orders only have silhouettes, but you can check them out below:


ransformers First Edition Optimus Prime + Trailer Platinum Set limited by Hasbro. Condition: Toy C-10.0 Box C-9.0 factory sealed. Pictures are for illustration only, actual product might be different.

Image

Transformers Generation Dinobots 5 Pack Platinum Set limited by Hasbro. Condition: Toy C-10.0 Box C-9.0 factory sealed. Pictures are for illustration only, actual product might be different.

Image
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591038)
Posted by El Duque on July 15th, 2014 @ 8:04pm CDT
The Transformers Columbia Facebook page is at it again! This time they've posted official images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 3, which features Concept Camaro Bumblebee, Snarl, and Hot Shot. Enjoy the images mirrored below:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591041)
Posted by Xephon0930 on July 15th, 2014 @ 8:18pm CDT
While the trailer is tempting, I absolutely despise the 1st Edition AoE Prime mold and I also have the UFO trailer for my movie Prime.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591043)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 15th, 2014 @ 8:25pm CDT
"Confidentil"? Sounds like a new brand of dental floss.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591045)
Posted by wangson on July 15th, 2014 @ 8:34pm CDT
Hot Shot? Anyone thinks he look more like Tracks?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591046)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 15th, 2014 @ 8:34pm CDT
Sadly the silhouettes don't include Snarl. :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :-(
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591049)
Posted by Yweggo on July 15th, 2014 @ 9:03pm CDT
Watch as the Dinobot one is the SDCC dinobots plus Sludge
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591051)
Posted by Heckfire on July 15th, 2014 @ 9:06pm CDT
wangson wrote:Hot Shot? Anyone thinks he look more like Tracks?

With a melted face, but yeah.

...y'know some Parental Group is gonna raise a stink about Bumblebee's Satanic Throwing Pentagrams.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591062)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 15th, 2014 @ 9:53pm CDT
I am really looking forward for these figures. I don't care if I have to spend $50 for Bumblebee, Tracks, and Snarl. I hope I won't be disappointed with the Dinobot 5-pack. Black Knight Grimlock was something I didn't expect and was greatly disappointed with the white and brown.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591065)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 15th, 2014 @ 10:01pm CDT
wake me up when there are some damn bad guys for once.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591066)
Posted by Ultra Markus on July 15th, 2014 @ 10:06pm CDT
wave 3? were the hell is wave 2?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591071)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 15th, 2014 @ 10:35pm CDT
Those visible robot hands on that Stegosaur mode...

Doubledealer93 wrote:wake me up when there are some damn bad guys for once.

With that 4 :CON: logo on literally all the packaging and everything, you'd expect more than 2 Decepticons. And for there to be actual confirmation on the one that's a Bumblebee repaint.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591075)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 15th, 2014 @ 10:49pm CDT
Seeing all these platinum sets I'm glad I'm holding off on getting any of the deluxe figures for now. I got drift because I like blue and the evolution sets to review. I wonder if Prime with trailer is going to be like that Takara set that's supposed to hit this month.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591078)
Posted by durroth on July 15th, 2014 @ 11:08pm CDT
there's totally more than 2 badguys! there's three. Galvatron, Lockdown, and Stinger... the rest um... um... dispensor if you live in japan... that's four! four whole badguys! and drift repainted as bludgeon because why haven't hasbro jumped on this yet?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591081)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 15th, 2014 @ 11:18pm CDT
durroth wrote:there's totally more than 2 badguys! there's three. Galvatron, Lockdown, and Stinger... the rest um... um... dispensor if you live in japan... that's four! four whole badguys! and drift repainted as bludgeon because why haven't hasbro jumped on this yet?


might not be allowed to due to the Bugati rights.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591090)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 16th, 2014 @ 12:45am CDT
Wow, that pic makes Bumblebee look horrible! I mean, he's got sloppy paint work on the chest, and the vehicle mode looks awful with the mismatched paint/plastic. At least you know it's not photoshopped or anything.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591098)
Posted by RhA on July 16th, 2014 @ 2:47am CDT
You's think someone down the production line would mention that Hot Shot's face looks like it was attacked by some horrible insect. But no.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591101)
Posted by Slashercon on July 16th, 2014 @ 3:35am CDT
None of you can deny...this truly is a sad time for movie fans who are fans of Decepticons. 9+ Autobots in total, 3 extra coming along the way, and 2 cons' being available right now with 1 rumored to come and another available only online or outside the states. Who's smart idea was it to relegate the amount of Decepticons for AOE?! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591110)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 16th, 2014 @ 4:50am CDT
I do worry that we'll see the end of Transformers again. The movie is just barely breaking even and the exclusives (as of late) are generally for overseas markets. I mean, Optimus Prime is such a household name over in China. The toys seem to sell remarkably well.

Here? The movie's considered a dud because it's not raking in the dough, domestically and the toys? Well, the toys couldn't sell if you tried. I haven't seen this much peg and shelfwarming in a long time, quite possibly ever. All of the stores in NEOH/NWPA are just clogged with TFs. There's no room for new stuff and why would the stores order them, anyway?

I never see kids looking at Transformers anymore. In fact, I don't even see adults looking at them much anymore.

I'll import, if I have to, but I can't imagine the lines are doing too well, especially if the movie isn't. Here's to hoping the 20th anniversary of Beast Wars and the upcoming Prime sequel breathe some life into it all.

*sighs* Are we looking at 1988 (and beyond) all over again? Because we're not going to get another G2, we're not going to get another Beast Wars. I think we're pretty tapped out when it comes to ideas and how to sell it to kids to get them interested.

I find it odd that kids in China, surrounded by devices, still find time to play with toys and desire to, especially after such strenuous hours at school, while here...kids have it pretty easy and want anything digital, but not toys.

Just something that's been rattling around in my head, lately.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591113)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 16th, 2014 @ 5:25am CDT
Target.com has updated their Transformers listings and have currently active preorders for both the 1-Step Magic Collectors Set and Platinum Edition First Edition Silver Knight Optimus Prime. 

The 1-Step Magic Collectors Set consists of:
1-Step Silver Knight Optimus Prime (exclusive to Target), Drift, Lockdown, Grimlock, Slug and Bumblebee in a collector's box and it's currently priced at $49.99 with a tentative release date of September 7th.

Image

Platinum Edition Silver Knight Optimus is based off of Amazon.com's exclusive First Edition mold and is completely redecoed in silver plastic with black and red paint apps in place of the normal red and blue we've come to know and love. It's also slated for release on September 14th, and will retail for $59.99.

Image

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!


 
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit DMK03 Optimus Prime (1591115)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 16th, 2014 @ 6:59am CDT
after one wave. the line nearly burnt out.

Click here to view an additional 784 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014