Transformers News: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer

Monday, July 8th, 2013 1:59PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,735

Thanks to Amazon Japan we have some new updated official images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer. Like almost all Takara Tomy versions these will feature differing decos from their Hasbro counterparts and metallic paint. Check out the images mirrored below.

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 and TG-22
Credit(s): Amazon Japan
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501635)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 8th, 2013 @ 2:00pm CDT
Oh wow, that Springer looks fantastic!
But not too sure about Blitzwing here.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501643)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 8th, 2013 @ 2:22pm CDT
Thus, Takara delivers.

Springer is all too perfect. Probably one of the best, if not the best, Transformers ever made. :x

I like how Blitzwing's deco'd. My only gripe against him is that his sword, while shiny, looks rather bland compared to Hasbro's. I'm still going for the Hasbro version, but I still love Takara's more. =P~
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501644)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 8th, 2013 @ 2:24pm CDT
Takara's Springer's paintjob evokes a more G1 feeling than Hasbro's IDW coloured Springer. Doesn't look too bad.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501645)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 8th, 2013 @ 2:29pm CDT
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501646)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 8th, 2013 @ 2:31pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:Okay so I'm not just color blind and this is not a case of lighting for the pictures...the tan/beige paint on Hasbro's Blitz not the same as Takara's Blitz? :VEHI:

It's Takara: most things are different.

The khaki on Hasbro's is darker, whereas Takara's is much lighter.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501647)
Posted by G1 Legacy on July 8th, 2013 @ 2:31pm CDT
I have to admit these look pretty good. I was hoping they wouldn't be that significantly different but I should have known that with these two popular characters that Takara would put out some great paint work.

Does it look to you guys like they tweeked the cheeks on the G1 face? And no, I didn't rhyme on purpose lol. It just looks more like a proper grimace but I'll have to go fetch my Hasbro version off the shelf to compare. And I would assume that they would fix the shoulder tab issue that we've been dealing with stateside. And the springer just looks great, ugghhh I may have to put these on my check list.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501654)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2013 @ 2:52pm CDT
Nope, don't need these. Not different enough from the Hasbro versions I already own.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501656)
Posted by craggy on July 8th, 2013 @ 2:58pm CDT
hmm the green on Springer is much more military looking, yellow looks slightly less Skittle-y too, but I think the more neon colours on the Hasbro version looks more like the toy.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501658)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 8th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CDT
Blitzwing's color layout looks the same to me, but I do like how his head isn't so garishly yellow.

Springer's green reminds me of canned green beans. :SICK:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501662)
Posted by craggy on July 8th, 2013 @ 3:13pm CDT
OMG Mushy-Peas Springer!
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501666)
Posted by bvzxa on July 8th, 2013 @ 3:41pm CDT
They really don't look that much better. I'm more inclined to get Blitzwing because the paint job is growing on me. However the silver on Springer matches the G1 toy. In the past Takara has been show accurate for the Classics/Generations line but it seems now Hasbro is taking the show accurate lead. Now Springer just looks nasty. This is not even show accurate. Just watch the '86 movie and look at Springer. That paint scheme does not work.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501671)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on July 8th, 2013 @ 3:57pm CDT
I DEFINITELY like Hasbro's Springer more. Even prefer the contrast in Hasbro's knees with the off-white plastic, breaks up the gray. And yeah, the shade of green is.....not good. If it were accurate to anything (show, comics, something), I'd say ok. But this....ew.

Blitzwing, though, is an improvement. The lighter tan and the gold instead of yellow are very nice. Not enough to pay the premium for (unless they come from the factory without any issues like Hasbro's have, then maaaaaybe), but nice.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501674)
Posted by Black Hat on July 8th, 2013 @ 4:14pm CDT
Takara, why do you have to do everything better? I want these, but I need to save my money for HyperJapan!
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501679)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 8th, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
Strange. I feel these Takara versions are the better versions, but I prefer the Hasbro ones. Springer's colours make me think of TMNT.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501704)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 8th, 2013 @ 6:34pm CDT
These aren't nearly as good as the Hasbro versions. Not even close. Well, that's less money spent at least.
:BOT:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501726)
Posted by RAcast on July 8th, 2013 @ 7:50pm CDT
Eh...I think I'll take Hasbro's Springer all day long.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501733)
Posted by Stormrider on July 8th, 2013 @ 7:55pm CDT
I like the paint job for Blitzwing but not Springer.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501754)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 8th, 2013 @ 9:19pm CDT
Springer looks great, except for the gray face paint apps.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501760)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 8th, 2013 @ 10:06pm CDT
The gold head on Blitzwing is the only thing better to me, so it is definitely not worth the takara price. As a side not, I realized putting blitzwings sword on the underbelly of the jet mode, and the gun in the top hole looks much better, unlike the photos here.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Blitzwing and TG-22 Springer (1501762)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 8th, 2013 @ 10:09pm CDT
Nice to see several others have realized Hasbro's are better, while everyone else is draining their bank account dry.

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO G1  Autobot Kup / Blurr / Preceptor Transformers 1986 Figure Lot Of 3 - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 27 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Voyager Class Soundwave - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 17 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Movie Deluxe Class Jazz Figure by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 32 minutes 37 seconds
STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS DARTH VADER TO ADVANCED TIE - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 48 minutes 31 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ARMADA GALVATRON FIGURE - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 4 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers TF G1 D-101 Black Mini Soundwave Soundblaster Destron 1987 Vintage - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 19 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS SUBARU IMPREZA WRX  RICOCHET 1:24 #20 - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 38 minutes 4 seconds
2013 Bludgeon - SDCC Convention Exclusive - GIJOE Transformers Series   (BX7) - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 23 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory