Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron

Transformers News: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron

Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 7:15PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,542

In addition to the stickered up images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex we reported earlier, Transformers Korea has also uploaded official images of G23 Guren Dragotron from the Transformers Go! line. The figure is a redeco of Hasbro's Target Exclusive Transformers Prime Predacons Rising Beast Fire Predaking. Check out the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Jonathan R. Hinds, Transformers Korea
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518462)
Posted by Venowtron on September 17th, 2013 @ 7:18pm CDT
but does it come with a drill...sorry
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518471)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 17th, 2013 @ 7:51pm CDT

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518472)
Posted by Mkall on September 17th, 2013 @ 7:54pm CDT
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518478)
Posted by Seibertron on September 17th, 2013 @ 8:01pm CDT
Well that was unexpected. And pre-ordered!
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518480)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 17th, 2013 @ 8:05pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I'm happy I've held off on other leader-class Predaking figures. This one is the true Predacon King on my shelf.
Emperor, actually. ;)
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518481)
Posted by Mkall on September 17th, 2013 @ 8:16pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Emperor, actually. ;)

tom-eh-to, tom-ah-to.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518482)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 17th, 2013 @ 8:20pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Emperor, actually. ;)

tom-eh-to, tom-ah-to.
Ah, but an emperor is an even better a rank compare to a mere king. So it's all the more in your favor. ;)

Evil Oni Emperor Dragotron. 8)
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518483)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 17th, 2013 @ 8:27pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Anywho, it doesn't quite look as impressive as his hand-painted test shot/mock up did:

My thoughts exactly. I've had this on pre-order since the word 'go' but now I'm thinking of cancelling.

Sabrblade wrote:Wait a sec. Why it is called "Guren Dragotron"? Wasn't it announced before to be "Dragotron Saishū Keitai"?

What exactly do either of those names mean if you don't mind my asking?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518487)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 17th, 2013 @ 8:49pm CDT
Normally I don't care for anything animal/beast but the scale and design of the Target exclusive impressed me so that I just had to see what Takara had in store. This looks amazing and this would be my "acception to MY rule" so this I will possess.

I suppose with the word "Guren" (meaning crimson unless I'm wrong) there's no way they could have used other darker paints? It would have been so epic if they used purple and black instead but this looks so awesome as is! :DANCE: :VEHI:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518488)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 17th, 2013 @ 8:53pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:

What exactly do either of those names mean if you don't mind my asking?
"Dragotron Saishū Keitai" means "Dragotron Final Form".

"Guren Dragotron", however, I'm not completely certain, but I think it means something like "Red Dragotron" or "Crimson Dragotron".

"Final Form" sounded cooler and more ominous to me than simply "Red/Crimson".
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518489)
Posted by RAcast on September 17th, 2013 @ 8:57pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:

What exactly do either of those names mean if you don't mind my asking?

"Guren" means something to the effect of Crimson colored Lotus.

What it makes people think of, however, is this:
Mecha for the ages! Gurren Lagann! (spelled differently)
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518491)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 17th, 2013 @ 9:05pm CDT
RAcast wrote:What it makes people think of, however, is this:
Mecha for the ages! Gurren Lagann! (spelled differently)
It instead made me think first of the Guren Mk-II from Code Geass:

;)
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518493)
Posted by RAcast on September 17th, 2013 @ 9:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:What it makes people think of, however, is this:
Mecha for the ages! Gurren Lagann! (spelled differently)
It instead made me think first of the Guren Mk-II from Code Geass:

;)

Piledrivers and explosions are nice, but drills made of many willpower are the best weapons! :lol:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518499)
Posted by griftimus prime on September 17th, 2013 @ 9:41pm CDT
looks cool.
i wonder how many of the prime figures will be repainted for tf4
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518500)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 17th, 2013 @ 9:42pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:i wonder how many of the prime figures will be repainted for tf4
Why would any of them be?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518511)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 17th, 2013 @ 10:44pm CDT

Sabrblade wrote:
Why would any of them be?

Well, they did re-release a ton of Energon toys for the first, 2007 movie. :roll: And while I was against it then... in retrospect, I can appreciate the muted, gray colors. So hey, if they want to use some Prime molds, I'm curious to see them. I like them better than the movie toys, in general, so I'm all for re-using Prime molds. Or maybe I'm just dying to see how they can be modified and made a little cooler? :roll:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518514)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 17th, 2013 @ 10:55pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Maybe I just love Halloween, but the Hasbro version of Predaking looks better. I can't believe there isn't ONE comment about how "Playskool" this guy looks. You guys just jump on anything with a bit of color and call it Playskool. Seriously, this black and red motif? No one has a silly quip about it being made for babies? 8-}
It's probably supposed to be an homage to Transmetal 2 Megatron.

Metrosuplex wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Why would any of them be?

But those were intended for the 2008 Universe toyline. They only got put in the Movie toyline (as Walmart exclusives) instead because the retailers requested it. They wanted more Movie products to sell, so Hasbro reshuffled what was intended for the Universe line into the Movie line.

Prime, however, will have run its course by the time TF4's toyline comes out, so there won't be much of a need to use its molds for TF4's line (unless Hasbro feels some great enough need to do so).
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518524)
Posted by RhA on September 17th, 2013 @ 11:45pm CDT
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518526)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 18th, 2013 @ 12:00am CDT
RhA wrote:I like Hasbro's version better. But why, oh why, does neither company give him the paintjob he deserves? He's very detailed, but only an equally detailed paintjob can really make him shine.
Well, Takara's Dragotron toys (or at least, for now, the Voyager one) does at least resemble his appearance in the Go! cartoon. It's the Prime cartoon model that diverged from the toy designs enough to make them less than satisfactorily show-accurate. ;)
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1518545)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 18th, 2013 @ 5:45am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:

What exactly do either of those names mean if you don't mind my asking?
"Dragotron Saishū Keitai" means "Dragotron Final Form".

"Final Form" sounded cooler and more ominous to me than simply "Red/Crimson".

Thanks for the info. I agree that "Final Form" sounds better than "Crimson". Anyone who isn't colour blind (or indeed blind) can see what colour he is.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction