Transformers News: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 10:26PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,301

Takara Tomy has posted official images of their upcoming Transformers Prime Arms Micron figures AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, and AM-29 Shockwave. Ultra Magnus comes with an Arms Micron that transforms into his signature hammer. Leo Prime is a straight repaint of Thundertron, no head remold. Shockwave is a reuse of the Generations FOC Deluxe Shockwave with an Arms Micron that replaces his blaster and integrates into his alt mode. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): daimchoc, Takara Tomy

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440007)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 14th, 2012 @ 10:29pm CST
Magnus' hammer...... =P~
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440008)
Posted by RAcast on November 14th, 2012 @ 10:33pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:Magnus' hammer...... =P~

I concur! :michaelbay:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440010)
Posted by sky_fire12 on November 14th, 2012 @ 10:40pm CST
Prime's alt mode !! I always wanted to get Leo prime from the Japanese Beast wars, but this design blows that clear out of the water !
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440013)
Posted by Crosscheck on November 14th, 2012 @ 10:48pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:Magnus' hammer...... =P~

It's too bad Magnus himself looks like shit, because I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that hammer. Hopefully it will be available separate somehow, because I like the Hasbro hammer as well (it is the only voyager weapon that can stay open). In spite of the hammer, this version doesn't hold a candle to Hasbro's already too blue version. The TT versions is WAY TOO BLUE. Needs something to break it up. Though because all they pack in is awful looking stickers, it might work to just paint him with some more white and red details (I am thinking the whole chest needs some paint).
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440014)
Posted by Crosscheck on November 14th, 2012 @ 10:52pm CST
I forgot to comment on Leo Prime. I love how they used paint apps to make him look more like a Prime. Very nicely done. I have Thundertron, so I won't be getting him though (again, hoping his AM is sold separately, otherwise I might pick up the blue RA for Thundertron). I might put some more details on Thundertron though. Kinda hope Reprolabels does something with him, but I don't know what.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440016)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 14th, 2012 @ 10:56pm CST
Not interested in anything here. I will be opting for the FoC magnus, and the upcoming add on that i'm sure will pwn. Even if its somewhat smaller, you just can't beat that awesome game aesthetic when comparing to the rounder Prime look.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440019)
Posted by Gearslide on November 14th, 2012 @ 11:12pm CST
Ultra Magnus and Shockwave have NOTHING on the Hasbro releases, but their Microns are freaking awesome. Hoping for individual releases later on.

There's nothing original about Leo Prime (even his Micron, which is a retool of Arc), but he is GLORIOUS.

Edit: Upon further inspection, Leo Prime's Micron is Moon from Beast Wars II! And Ultra Magnus' Micron looks like Overload from Armada (who was called Ultra Magnus in Japan)!
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440032)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 14th, 2012 @ 11:47pm CST
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440033)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 14th, 2012 @ 11:49pm CST
For some reason, Leo Prime intrigues me. Then again, so did Wildrider before I found myself not being sure if that was a complete Wheeljack repaint. >:oP

Ultra Magnus... I like the hammer, but can do without the figure. >:oP
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440037)
Posted by Poyguimogul on November 15th, 2012 @ 12:04am CST
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440038)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 15th, 2012 @ 12:05am CST
Argh! Magnus looks gorgeous! And dat hammer! :x

Leo Prime... sadly doesn't have a new head, but still looks nice enough.

Aside from the new Micron and ports, Shockwave looks barely any different. His purple's almost (if not exactly) the same as the Hasbro toy's purple.

Oh, and Rated X, eat your heart out. :P
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440043)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 15th, 2012 @ 12:25am CST
Poyguimogul wrote::KREMZEEK:  :KREMZEEK: Fangasm! Leo Prime's micron saber looks like Moon from BWII.

Geez... It does! Good eye, Poy! ;)^
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440044)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 15th, 2012 @ 12:39am CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:You know, I'm kinda hoping for a proper version of Prime Shockwave. If only because it may be larger than FoC Shocky. Really hope this doesn't diminish that possibility.

You and me both. But if there's any chance for a proper Prime Shickwave, as in voyager class, it'll probably be a Takara Japan exclusive like War Breakdown.

Hasbro seems to love playing it safe lately, and with Shockwave making only a very minor appearance in the series, I doubt they'll want to make a toy of him. Hell, Smokescreen had far more screen time, and look what happened to his toy.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440047)
Posted by triKlops on November 15th, 2012 @ 12:42am CST
big thumbs up on the Magnus hammer
diggin the Leo Prime repaints as well
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440048)
Posted by robofinch on November 15th, 2012 @ 12:45am CST
Anyone know if these are up for preorder anywhere? I am seriously considering Leo Prime. Those colors are amazing.

Since he's a repaint, I wonder if he still has Thundertron's peg leg :D
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440055)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 15th, 2012 @ 1:52am CST
Oh good, I can save myself some money and get the Hasbro version of Magnus.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440078)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 15th, 2012 @ 4:34am CST
:-? Not bad, not bad.

I really like Magnus' hammer Micron, but that choice of blue really doesn't work in my book. Lion Pirate looks good in those colours, but it's no Leo Prime. And while the colours of Shockwave is an improvement, the Micron pegs on the wingtips detract just enough to make it unwanted.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440107)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on November 15th, 2012 @ 7:33am CST
if they made a translucent purple version of Shockwave's Micron, I may be interested in it
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440112)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 15th, 2012 @ 8:18am CST
And TakaraTomy's site has been updated with the listings, including the names of the Microns:

Ultra Magnus: Ulma
Leo Prime: L.P.
Shockwave: Bido (from biitoru or "beetle") :-B

I already have Shockwave, Ultra Magnus is meh though his Mini-Con Hammer rocks, but Leo Prime looks surprisingly good. And I want that bunny Micron! :x
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, & AM-29 Shockwave (1440121)
Posted by Skywarp64 on November 15th, 2012 @ 9:07am CST