Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker

Monday, September 24th, 2012 8:18AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,570

Takara Tomy have posted official images of their upcoming Arms Micron exclusives Orion Pax and Thundercrack. Orion Pax is a reuse of the First Edition Deluxe Optimus Prime mold with a gold chrome RA Micron, Thundercracker is a repaint of First Edition Deluxe Starscream with a silver chrome Bullo Micron. They have also tweeted an image of Thundercracker.

Credit(s): Takara Tomy, daimchoc
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423536)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 24th, 2012 @ 8:30am CDT
Gold Metal R.A. and Silver Metal Balo? We already have tons of R.A. varieties, coupled with a barely changed Deluxe Prime... Pass. The Arms Micron Skywarp repaint on the other hand...
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423537)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 24th, 2012 @ 8:30am CDT
awsome, gonna preorder Thundercracker as soon as he is available. dont really need Orion though
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423540)
Posted by mattwhite924 on September 24th, 2012 @ 8:41am CDT
Are those Decepticon symbols on Orion Pax? I was hoping for a new head without the faceplate. If having Con symbols is the only difference between him and Prime than I'm perfectly happy with just throwing some Con stickers on my PRiD Prime and calling it Orion Pax. At least that way I have an excuse to never use that stupid gun of his.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423541)
Posted by joevill on September 24th, 2012 @ 8:43am CDT
I love them both!
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423550)
Posted by samuraiman on September 24th, 2012 @ 9:38am CDT
How many repaints does this line need!!!!
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423566)
Posted by Starscream4prez on September 24th, 2012 @ 10:14am CDT
Id have loved it if Orion had no faceplate and a slightly purplish hue that he had in one scene in "Orion Pax : Part One". The thundercracker repaint is really doing it for me :D , but still too many repaints really :BANG_HEAD: .
I really hope they eventually make figures like a voyager insecticon (It doesnt even have to be hardshell, although that would rock :APPLAUSE: ) and a deluxe Smokescreen. Im really liking the way smokescreen looks in the show, both vehicle and robot and it would translate so nicely to a figure :BOWDOWN: .
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423580)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on September 24th, 2012 @ 10:36am CDT
Really want cracker...

But that picture could only mean trouble... Another store exclusive, gonna cost as much as terrocon BB too... *groan* :-(

Oh well, gonna get TC to stand with my FE Starscream, and 2pack starscream (Dubbed Skywarp) :lol:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423607)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 24th, 2012 @ 11:35am CDT
Both look real nice, but I don't get the inclusion of R.A. instead of O.P. with Orion Pax.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423613)
Posted by Flashwave on September 24th, 2012 @ 11:48am CDT
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423615)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 24th, 2012 @ 11:59am CDT
Flashwave wrote:You know, I'm not actually sure Prime counts as a repaint. Certainly not anymore than if I Rprolabled my Voyager Sentinel Prime and caleld him Pyro. And Repro has more than 2 stickers...
His blue is darker shade, at least.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423645)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 24th, 2012 @ 12:59pm CDT
Argh! The chrome Microns are stunning. I want, and will never own.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423712)
Posted by XDMan on September 24th, 2012 @ 4:38pm CDT
Both are excellent!

TC (hiding): If they find me...
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423747)
Posted by Brychanus on September 24th, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
Good thing I'm only interested in Thundercracker. Orion Pax is at Joshin and Bic Camera. There's no Bic in my part of the country, and my Joshin gets TFs months late. Thundercracker's at Yamada Denki, though, and they've been helping me spend too much money on Arms Micron for months. Excited for "late" October now!
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423763)
Posted by helli0n on September 24th, 2012 @ 7:21pm CDT
My girlfriend took a look at the advertisement and it seems that Thundercracker is an exclusive to Edion, Yamada Denki and Yosobashi camera.

Not sure if I'll try to have her get it for me or just wait & see if one of the online stores puts him up. :-?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1423911)
Posted by xyl360 on September 25th, 2012 @ 11:21am CDT
BBTS has them up for preorder here.

A bit pricey, but I preordered Thundercracker. I gotta have him to go with Skywarp and Starscream :).

edit: from the BBTS product pages for these:
Please Note - The $64.99 Price is a placeholder and is subject to change - most likely lower. Preorders are not guaranteed, but our exclusive buyers are fairly reliable.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1424002)
Posted by helli0n on September 25th, 2012 @ 7:00pm CDT

Thundercracker on Yodobashi.com

Orion Pax on Bic Camera.com
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1424066)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 25th, 2012 @ 11:55pm CDT
This is pretty much why I do not own any versions of Optimus Prime/Convoy. You get too many variations and it only comes down to who wants a complete set or just certain versions. So I'll continue to pass on him, variation and all.

As for the Seeker... He is shiny, but I cannot see myself start to collect Seekers at this point in my collection. So he is a pass, but I will not rule it out yet.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1425879)
Posted by Brychanus on October 2nd, 2012 @ 9:35am CDT
helli0n wrote:Just FYI, if you live in Japan (or know somebody there) both are up for pre-order from the two camera shops. I couldn't find either on the sites for the other stores that are supposed to have them though.

Thundercracker on Yodobashi.com

Orion Pax on Bic Camera.com

Thanks for the link. I preordered Thundercracker to save myself the trip later. No more worrying that he won't be on the shelf yet at Yamada Denki the day I can go.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax and Thundercracker (1426761)
Posted by Megatron000 on October 4th, 2012 @ 1:04pm CDT