Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee

Transformers News: Official Images  - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee

Friday, May 9th, 2014 9:16AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 40,161

Yet more news hails in from the Facebook fanpage Transformers Colombia! Seibertron.com user Primeultimus has pointed us towards the official images, both in and out of its package, of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee - which appears to be none other than a repainted Dark of the Moon Leader Class Bumblebee without its MechTech weapon. Check it out below.

Credit(s): Transformers Colombia
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572519)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:18am CDT
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572520)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:20am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I don't the figure, nor do I need it, but I predict fanrage over "another Bumblebee" in 3... 2... 1...

Because we have so little of that already. I'm really looking forward to more negativity! :DANCE:
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572521)
Posted by Primeultimus on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:21am CDT
I wish it was black :( At least match the Artwork on the box!
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572522)
Posted by Primeultimus on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:22am CDT
Will be passing on that Bee until it shows on clearance or discount stores.

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572523)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:23am CDT
WHY???!!!
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572524)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:24am CDT
Primeultimus wrote:At least match the Artwork on the box!

Yeah, that is weird.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572525)
Posted by ScottyP on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:36am CDT
Very underwhelming. It's not a bad mold, it's just not very exciting either. I guess this is cool for folks that didn't get a chance to pick up the DotM one.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572526)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:36am CDT
I will do my best to get back on track here because it is sorely needed as Vaal pointed out (PS to Vaal, I will be getting Grimstone PCC soon as per your recomendation, I look forward to it).

From the robot mode, I do not see the bloody bones sticking out so I assume that the feature to make him look almost dead has been removed. Do you think that also extends to the tail ? I really like that "dead triceratops" third mode since it was strange yet purposeful. It added alot to the feel of the robots transforming into organic creatures.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572527)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:38am CDT
Ok... A 3rd Leader... a repaint.... of Bumblebee... 8-}
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572528)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:40am CDT
william-james88 wrote:So, my question to you is, to what extent is the walmart exclusive Guiledart retool Slug?

It's not retooled. You can't see the bloody bones that well because the dino leg is in the way of seeing them. And what little you can see of them isn't painted, left completely purple instead.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572532)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:46am CDT
If rage is what you want then rage you will get. God damn it, another leader class slot that could have been used for a megatron, Galvatron or other big decepticon.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572538)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:57am CDT
Primeultimus wrote:Will be passing on that Bee until it shows on clearance or discount stores.

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572539)
Posted by shockblast2 on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I don't hate this figure, nor do I need it, but I predict fanrage over "another Bumblebee" in 3... 2... 1...

Yeah, its to be expected at this point. Of course BB is going to get the spotlight. I was over it after ROTF. If it takes a million BB's to get some hidden jewels, like the Cyberverse Walmart stuff, then I am for it. They might be riding the coat tails, but at least they are riding... ;)
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572542)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:02am CDT
A saving grace for this Bumblebee would possibly be this: the potential of it being an exclusive. I can't see Hasbro using putting this mold in a regular Movie Generations line.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572549)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:16am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.

I don't know. I think Leader Starscream was a pretty awesome figure.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572551)
Posted by ConBotFormer on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:18am CDT
LMFAO! Seriously? Is this a joke? It doesn't even resemble either of bumblebee's cars or robot forms for AOE. My wallet is so happy.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572552)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:19am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.

I don't know. I think Leader Starscream was a pretty awesome figure.
Who is conspicuously missing from that photo. :-?
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572555)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:25am CDT
Just doing some counting here.

We have this Leader Bumblebee, the Wal*Mart Legions, the TRU Evolution two-pack, Deluxe High Octane. Which is the only general retail we know of so far, and is not over-packed.

Then there's Hero Mashers, Kreons (no big sets with him), Dino Sparkers, the massive Mega One-Step, and the smaller one, Power Battler and the Titan.

That's ..not too bad, isn't it? There's a lot, yes, but they're not all Deluxes or in the same wave, some of them are exclusives, and a lot are in the Robots in Disguise kiddie subsection. And most of those lines also have the same number of the other cast members so far!

It sounds much better than the Hive of 2009-11. :-?
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572562)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:37am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.

Surely you do not think the ROTF leader prime is a waste of money? Or the DOTM ironhid? Or the jet wing prime? I smell a troll.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572563)
Posted by Primeultimus on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:42am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.

I don't know. I think Leader Starscream was a pretty awesome figure.
Who is conspicuously missing from that photo. :-?

Leader Brawl is not represented. He will be here next week. Got the Asian Premium version at a killer price :)

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial