Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee

Transformers News: Official Images  - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee

Friday, May 9th, 2014 9:16AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,568

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Yet more news hails in from the Facebook fanpage Transformers Colombia! Seibertron.com user Primeultimus has pointed us towards the official images, both in and out of its package, of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee - which appears to be none other than a repainted Dark of the Moon Leader Class Bumblebee without its MechTech weapon. Check it out below.

Transformers News: Official Images  - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee

Transformers News: Official Images  - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee

Transformers News: Official Images  - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee
Credit(s): Transformers Colombia
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572519)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:18am CDT
I don't hate this figure, nor do I need it, but I predict fanrage over "another Bumblebee" in 3... 2... 1...
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572520)
Posted by Va'al on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:20am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I don't the figure, nor do I need it, but I predict fanrage over "another Bumblebee" in 3... 2... 1...


Because we have so little of that already. I'm really looking forward to more negativity! :DANCE:
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572521)
Posted by Primeultimus on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:21am CDT
I wish it was black :( At least match the Artwork on the box!
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572522)
Posted by Primeultimus on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:22am CDT
Will be passing on that Bee until it shows on clearance or discount stores.

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

Image
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572523)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:23am CDT
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
WHY???!!!
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572524)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:24am CDT
Primeultimus wrote:At least match the Artwork on the box!


Yeah, that is weird.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572525)
Posted by ScottyP on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:36am CDT
Very underwhelming. It's not a bad mold, it's just not very exciting either. I guess this is cool for folks that didn't get a chance to pick up the DotM one.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572526)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:36am CDT
I will do my best to get back on track here because it is sorely needed as Vaal pointed out (PS to Vaal, I will be getting Grimstone PCC soon as per your recomendation, I look forward to it).

So, my question to you is, to what extent is the walmart exclusive Guiledart retool Slug?

From the robot mode, I do not see the bloody bones sticking out so I assume that the feature to make him look almost dead has been removed. Do you think that also extends to the tail ? I really like that "dead triceratops" third mode since it was strange yet purposeful. It added alot to the feel of the robots transforming into organic creatures.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572527)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:38am CDT
Ok... A 3rd Leader... a repaint.... of Bumblebee... 8-}
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572528)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:40am CDT
william-james88 wrote:So, my question to you is, to what extent is the walmart exclusive Guiledart retool Slug?

From the robot mode, I do not see the bloody bones sticking out so I assume that the feature to make him look almost dead has been removed. Do you think that also extends to the tail ? I really like that "dead triceratops" third mode since it was strange yet purposeful. It added alot to the feel of the robots transforming into organic creatures.
It's not retooled. You can't see the bloody bones that well because the dino leg is in the way of seeing them. And what little you can see of them isn't painted, left completely purple instead.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572532)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:46am CDT
If rage is what you want then rage you will get. God damn it, another leader class slot that could have been used for a megatron, Galvatron or other big decepticon.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572538)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:57am CDT
Primeultimus wrote:Will be passing on that Bee until it shows on clearance or discount stores.

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

Image

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572539)
Posted by shockblast2 on May 9th, 2014 @ 9:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I don't hate this figure, nor do I need it, but I predict fanrage over "another Bumblebee" in 3... 2... 1...



Yeah, its to be expected at this point. Of course BB is going to get the spotlight. I was over it after ROTF. If it takes a million BB's to get some hidden jewels, like the Cyberverse Walmart stuff, then I am for it. They might be riding the coat tails, but at least they are riding... ;)
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572542)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:02am CDT
A saving grace for this Bumblebee would possibly be this: the potential of it being an exclusive. I can't see Hasbro using putting this mold in a regular Movie Generations line.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572549)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:16am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Primeultimus wrote:Will be passing on that Bee until it shows on clearance or discount stores.

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

Image

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.


I don't know. I think Leader Starscream was a pretty awesome figure.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572551)
Posted by ConBotFormer on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:18am CDT
LMFAO! Seriously? Is this a joke? It doesn't even resemble either of bumblebee's cars or robot forms for AOE. My wallet is so happy.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572552)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:19am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Primeultimus wrote:Will be passing on that Bee until it shows on clearance or discount stores.

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

Image

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.


I don't know. I think Leader Starscream was a pretty awesome figure.
Who is conspicuously missing from that photo. :-?
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572555)
Posted by Va'al on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:25am CDT
Just doing some counting here.

We have this Leader Bumblebee, the Wal*Mart Legions, the TRU Evolution two-pack, Deluxe High Octane. Which is the only general retail we know of so far, and is not over-packed.

Then there's Hero Mashers, Kreons (no big sets with him), Dino Sparkers, the massive Mega One-Step, and the smaller one, Power Battler and the Titan.

That's ..not too bad, isn't it? There's a lot, yes, but they're not all Deluxes or in the same wave, some of them are exclusives, and a lot are in the Robots in Disguise kiddie subsection. And most of those lines also have the same number of the other cast members so far!

It sounds much better than the Hive of 2009-11. :-?
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572562)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:37am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Primeultimus wrote:Will be passing on that Bee until it shows on clearance or discount stores.

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

Image

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.

Surely you do not think the ROTF leader prime is a waste of money? Or the DOTM ironhid? Or the jet wing prime? I smell a troll.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572563)
Posted by Primeultimus on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:42am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Primeultimus wrote:Will be passing on that Bee until it shows on clearance or discount stores.

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

Image

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.


I don't know. I think Leader Starscream was a pretty awesome figure.
Who is conspicuously missing from that photo. :-?


Leader Brawl is not represented. He will be here next week. Got the Asian Premium version at a killer price :)
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572565)
Posted by ScottyP on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:44am CDT
Va'al wrote:Just doing some counting here.

We have this Leader Bumblebee, the Wal*Mart Legions, the TRU Evolution two-pack, Deluxe High Octane. Which is the only general retail we know of so far, and is not over-packed.

Then there's Hero Mashers, Kreons (no big sets with him), Dino Sparkers, the massive Mega One-Step, and the smaller one, Power Battler and the Titan.

That's ..not too bad, isn't it? There's a lot, yes, but they're not all Deluxes or in the same wave, some of them are exclusives, and a lot are in the Robots in Disguise kiddie subsection. And most of those lines also have the same number of the other cast members so far!

It sounds much better than the Hive of 2009-11. :-?


I bet there are more Primes in AOE than bees! Let's see me try off memory :SICK:

First Edition, Smash and Change, 1 Step, EM Voyager, Probably another Voyager, Leader, 3 Constructbots, I think one Kreo but maybe more, Titan, Target Smash and Change, Target Deluxe, Target Titan, Dino Sparker, Walmart Legion, TRU Platinum Edition, Probably a TRU Evolution pack - what have I missed? I mean probably something, but point should stand, the bee swarm is only as bad now as the Optimus Swarm.

And before someone points out all the Grimlocks, I argue that there aren't enough Grimlocks coming out in this line. There can never be enough.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572570)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:59am CDT
It might not be a beehive, but there are so many side lines that repeat the same short list of characters I don't know if we're really any better off. I've lost track of what's what months ago.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572572)
Posted by Va'al on May 9th, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
But then, on the other hand, we also get:

Crosshairs, new character.
Lockdown, recent character.
Hound, mash of new and old characters.
Drift, recent character.
Dinobots, some new, from old concept.
Stinger, new character.
Galvatron, newish take on old character.

Noideaforaname wrote:It might not be a beehive, but there are so many side lines that repeat the same short list of characters I don't know if we're really any better off. I've lost track of what's what months ago.


You do have a point, most of the cast are showing up in multiple forms across multiple lines. And it does get fairly confusing.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572573)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 9th, 2014 @ 11:06am CDT
wait a second thats a leader class? looks a hell of alot like a deluxe to me
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572575)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 11:09am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:wait a second thats a leader class? looks a hell of alot like a deluxe to me
It's a redeco of the DOTM Leader Bumblebee:

Image
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572577)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2014 @ 11:10am CDT
Va'al wrote:But then, on the other hand, we also get:

Crosshairs, new character.
Lockdown, recent character.
Hound, mash of new and old characters.
Drift, recent character.
Dinobots, some new, from old concept.
Stinger, new character.
Galvatron, newish take on old character.


I am surprised we havent seen the deluxe/voyager toys for Lockdown and Stinger yet. Is a Stinger toy confirmed or will he end up like Dino from DOTM ?

He has a great design in this film and I am worried they will screw it up with too much car kibble (I am still not over Galvatron's backpack)
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572578)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 11:13am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I am surprised we havent seen the deluxe/voyager toys for Lockdown and Stinger yet. Is a Stinger toy confirmed or will he end up like Dino from DOTM ?

He has a great design in this film and I am worried they will screw it up with too much car kibble (I am still not over Galvatron's backpack)
We haven't seen anything for any of the post-Wave 2 AOE Generations toys yet.

But we do know that Stinger is getting a 1 Step figure and some Walmart Cyberverse Legion redecoed figures.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572580)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 9th, 2014 @ 11:27am CDT
Wow. What a cheap move, Hasbro.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572581)
Posted by XDMan on May 9th, 2014 @ 11:34am CDT
With the Legends figures from Wal-Mart (not counting the Beast Wars toys), the Target two pack of Optimus Prime & Grimlock, and this ABS abomination, I guess Hasbro's mention of them not using any toys from the past three movies is a scam.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572582)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 9th, 2014 @ 11:35am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I am surprised we havent seen the deluxe/voyager toys for Lockdown and Stinger yet. Is a Stinger toy confirmed or will he end up like Dino from DOTM ?

He has a great design in this film and I am worried they will screw it up with too much car kibble (I am still not over Galvatron's backpack)
We haven't seen anything for any of the post-Wave 2 AOE Generations toys yet.

But we do know that Stinger is getting a 1 Step figure and some Walmart Cyberverse Legion redecoed figures.


And Lockdown has been announced by Takara, Movie Advanced series AD26:

Image
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572586)
Posted by TimothyR on May 9th, 2014 @ 12:01pm CDT
Primeultimus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Primeultimus wrote:Will be passing on that Bee until it shows on clearance or discount stores.

DOTM version will do for now.

My updated Leader Class collection

Image

:SICK:
DOTM Sentinel Prime is the only one close to being worth a purchase there.


I don't know. I think Leader Starscream was a pretty awesome figure.
Who is conspicuously missing from that photo. :-?


Leader Brawl is not represented. He will be here next week. Got the Asian Premium version at a killer price :)


ooo.. another nice leader class figure that is just going to sit in a box.. LAME.

transformers figures are meant to be transformed.. not sit in a box.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572587)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2014 @ 12:05pm CDT
XDMan wrote:With the Legends figures from Wal-Mart (not counting the Beast Wars toys), the Target two pack of Optimus Prime & Grimlock, and this ABS abomination, I guess Hasbro's mention of them not using any toys from the past three movies is a scam.


But those are exclusives. The Hasbro sttement sounds like a public statement, geared towards the general public and thus it makes sense to me that it referrs to every toy which gets a wide release. And in that sense, all general release figures are all new molds. I think this is great because the general consumer who only goes to one big store will get the original molds while we collectors can have fun repaints we thought we would never get or that would only be available at a con.

Pretty much anything beyond the standard lines is a plus and with these rereleases (especially the Beast War and FOC Grimlock sets) its a pretty fun plus
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572590)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2014 @ 12:10pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
And Lockdown has been announced by Takara, Movie Advanced series AD26:



And we know that is lockdown because of the japanese translation?

The sight of all these new movie transformers really makes me wish we actually get to see them quite a bit in the film instead of them being in the background of human main characters. Its not related to toys but while everyone moans about any toyline dissapointment my biggest dissapointment will be to not see the toys I bought be well represented in their own film.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572591)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 12:13pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
And Lockdown has been announced by Takara, Movie Advanced series AD26:



And we know that is lockdown because of the japanese translation?
How would we not know from the listings?
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572595)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2014 @ 12:33pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
And we know that is lockdown because of the japanese translation?
How would we not know from the listings?[/quote]


Because its blackened out and we dont know who every character is yet (unless we do)
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572598)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 9th, 2014 @ 12:41pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Because its blackened out and we dont know who every character is yet (unless we do)




AD26 ロツク ダウン transliteration "Rotsukudaun", Proper Translation AD26: Lockdown
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572607)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 1:02pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Because its blackened out and we dont know who every character is yet (unless we do)
What listing were you looking at?


RobotKingdom's listings are in English - http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-takara-tomy-transformers-lost-age-movie-advanced-listings-black-knight-grimlock-and-more/29908/
http://www.robotkingdom.com/just-listed-items/week-16-14th-april-2014/ad26.html

There's also this - http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-age-of-extinction-figure-list-from-takaratomy/29829/

And no name's blackened on this - http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-takara-tomy-age-of-extinction-products-catalog/29898/


SW's SilverHammer wrote:AD26 ロツク ダウン transliteration "Rotsukudaun", Proper Translation AD26: Lockdown
AD26 ロックダウン "Rokkudaun" (Lockdown)
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572608)
Posted by Dagon on May 9th, 2014 @ 1:09pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I don't the figure, nor do I need it, but I predict fanrage over "another Bumblebee" in 3... 2... 1...


Because we have so little of that already. I'm really looking forward to more negativity! :DANCE:


Well, it also looks like shit, so there's that. Just in case people need more justification for their opinions which already don't really need to be justified to anyone else. So, it is another Bumblebee, and it's also another Leader class movie Bumblebee, and it looks like crap.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572609)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on May 9th, 2014 @ 1:09pm CDT
My Walmart couldn't get rid of those DOTM leader BBs at $15 a piece with the mechtech weapon. Now they're expected to sell them again at full price without it?
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572610)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 9th, 2014 @ 1:21pm CDT
Do we know what the price will be for Leader BB? We've seen recent Leader-size figures (the so-called "upscaled Voyagers") selling for $20, and we've seen the new AoE Leader OP and Grimlock figures listed at $26 on Amazon. Is it possible that they're using a previously-used mold and dropping the oversized weapon so they can sell this as a $25 Leader?
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572617)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 9th, 2014 @ 1:49pm CDT
I didn't buy this mold during DOTM & I won't be picking it up for this movie either. I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to walk by this at my local toy stores once it shows up.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572632)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 9th, 2014 @ 2:45pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Primeultimus wrote:At least match the Artwork on the box!
Yeah, that is weird.
The [High Octane] Bumblebee is supposed to be the 2007/2010 Camaro's design except that all of those car pieces were replaced with the Chevrolet Camaro SS parts.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572658)
Posted by Delta Magnus on May 9th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CDT
I think this is hurt the most by the lack of paint (easily fixable) and Hasbro's godawful stock photo posing skills.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572662)
Posted by wewyllenium on May 9th, 2014 @ 5:05pm CDT
Advertising: Packaging Lies. This feels more like a marketing tool than an educational one. Quite a let down in my opinion. :(
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572663)
Posted by wewyllenium on May 9th, 2014 @ 5:06pm CDT
It's like one of those over-sized bootlegs :D
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572666)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on May 9th, 2014 @ 5:12pm CDT
Bee's OK, yes better paint would have been nice but at least he's not a shell-former like the two AOE leader Prime's.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572670)
Posted by Kapiko Customs on May 9th, 2014 @ 5:28pm CDT
So far the leader class for AoE is nothing but disappointment ! :sad:
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572682)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 9th, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
There's yet again, ANOTHER Leader Class Bumblebee?!

Jesus, how many of that thing do we need? Also, his head is completely under his shoulders. Is that a mistransformation or is it his new look?

Anyway, if he's "ultra" sized rather than the good old "leader" size and if it's on sale, I may pick it up. Still, I dunno because he look REALLY bland in bot mode. However, I bet a premium repaint WILL come out soon so I'll just have to wait and see.

For me, the best Leader be ever is THIS one:
Image
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572685)
Posted by thedistinctroom on May 9th, 2014 @ 6:46pm CDT
The age of extinction is really and truly here. Does anyone else notice how totally ugly these newer TF's are?

I assume that, within a years time, all TF's will non-transformable and be made of unpaintable rubber.

Oh, and I hear Bumblebee dies in the new TF movie (which might be a good thing). :-$
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee (1572688)
Posted by Kapiko Customs on May 9th, 2014 @ 7:00pm CDT
r_battle-ops-bumblebee-098.jpg
The best leader class Bumblebee to date!

Click here to view an additional 1676 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014