Transformers News: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set

Tuesday, August 12th, 2014 10:49PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 42,898

Our friends at the Transformers Columbia Facebook page have posted official images of the upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed set. The set, which is a BigBadToyStore shared exclusive, features Voyager Grimlock, Voyager Slog, Deluxe Slug, Deluxe Scorn, and Deluxe Strafe in a more unified deco. Check out the official images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Transformers Colombia
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598902)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 12th, 2014 @ 10:52pm CDT
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598903)
Posted by Flashwave on August 12th, 2014 @ 11:03pm CDT
My odds of aquisition are infinately better. No Snarl though...
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598904)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 12th, 2014 @ 11:06pm CDT

They all look pretty terrible. An ugly, boring mix of chrome, smokey "clear" plastic, and grey... blech.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598905)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on August 12th, 2014 @ 11:15pm CDT
oh wow, that is a real good combo, perhaps I wish then on legends size :-(
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598906)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 12th, 2014 @ 11:15pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Presumably this Oscar Fung is overseas, and the 2-pack hasn't reached the States yet?

Hong Kong. no reports of it in the states yet.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598910)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 12th, 2014 @ 11:57pm CDT
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598911)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:01am CDT
Evolution 2-Pack Optimus Prime looks very G1 toy-accurate, but still, nothing beats the Henkei release. Even with more "stylized" paint applications, it's still my modern G1 Optimus Prime of choice for my display. Too bad they couldn't paint the fists blue for Evolution Prime. That's a knock against accuracy. I would have ditched the very sloppy red paint apps on the side flaps for his legs (I guess it was going for more alt-mode accuracy?), leaving the plastic blue, and painted the fists blue instead of leaving them black plastic. Otherwise, it's a nice piece to have in the collection. As for Evasion Mode Prime ver. 8,259, I appreciate the attempt at more "movie prime" deco touches, but it kind of makes the robot mode color layout look very odd. The blue flames on the cab of the truck look very tacky. I think the mold wasn't really meant for a full on "movieverse" Prime deco.

Sabrblade wrote:I can't tell if they really believed they were trying for something somewhat in the spirit of a vein similar to what in a way could be sorta kinda called close to resembling movie-accuracy with these... or if they simply wanted to do gunmetal Dinobots just because.

This is probably as screen accurate as we'll get for the Dinobots. What exactly aren't you liking about the set?
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598919)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 13th, 2014 @ 2:28am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

No idea.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598922)
Posted by megatronus on August 13th, 2014 @ 2:48am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Kinda bummed on the missing faceplate on the Evolution set. I passed on the Grimlock/Prime set since this one was supposed to have the faceplate too.

The Platinum Edition set is pretty good. Picked mine up at the K-Mart by Astor & 8th Street. The only real issue I have is they should have chromed the canisters on his legs instead of chroming his hands, but he's really nice nonetheless.

I think the best Evasion Prime so far is the Japanese mainline release. The Autobot 5-pack Evasion Prime might beat him though - and that version has a faceplate!
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598944)
Posted by reluctantyouth on August 13th, 2014 @ 8:08am CDT
I'm really liking this Dinobot 5 pack and glad I didn't go for SDCC set...had the chance to get one right before they sold out. That's hilarious that Scorn's head is upside down...my gawd can anyone take appropriate pictures of any Transformers release?

I do not know what BBTS.com is going to be charging for this set, but Robotkingdom.com already has a pre-order listed for $159.90 with a release date of October 1, 2014 if anyone cannot wait. The shipping would kill most likely so I'll wait for BBTS.com

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598946)
Posted by noctorro on August 13th, 2014 @ 8:13am CDT
Eerm, mixed up about the Dinobots.
I will complete the regulars. But I think I prefer the g1 paint scheme over this one.
Close call though. Can't have 3 sets of Dinobots.
Wish they'd make a Supreme Grimlock (but not that stomp thing)
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598950)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 13th, 2014 @ 8:47am CDT
I dont really care for the gunmetal/chrome mix. It's ok and screen accurate as well will get but I kind of like the color standard versions. Gives each one its own personality in my collection. I am just waiting on Snarl and Slog then calling it done with AOE toys unless they give us a Voyager or Leader class Lockdown.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598951)
Posted by william-james88 on August 13th, 2014 @ 8:49am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:What is that fin-looking thing on Scor-- DEAR GOD HIS HEAD'S TWISTED UPSIDE-DOWN!

the same thing happened to me. Is it hyperbole to call this the worst transformed stock photo? I mean they have the dinosaur's head upside down. How could no one at any point of the marketing process see this?!

Also, they don't look too bad, except for Grimlock which has a horrendous deco. That yellow makes no sense. The worst part is that a screen accurate Grimlock deco already exists for the Leader. And guess what, no f&%king yello!
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598963)
Posted by shajaki on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:56am CDT
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1598983)
Posted by william-james88 on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:45am CDT
shajaki wrote:these are really nice. almost perfect. but i dont know if i want this set or takaras separate releases of "black knights". both are really nice.

I say if you can afford it, go for Black Knights, they appear more screen accurate to me and the contrast is really cool without being tacky at all
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1599024)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 13th, 2014 @ 1:14pm CDT
Youtube reviewer and Seibertron.com member IJK Productions just dropped by to share with everyone a video review of Transformers Age of Extinction Voyager Drift. Voyager Drift is a retool of Voyager Skyhammer, transforming into an assault helicopter.

Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1599054)
Posted by Rated X on August 13th, 2014 @ 2:38pm CDT
Hasbro missed a great oppurtunity to use the generations springer mold for drift by retooling the car parts to resemble a Bugatti.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1599060)
Posted by Dinoblaze on August 13th, 2014 @ 2:55pm CDT
I thought evasion optimus was going to have the battle mask
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1599069)
Posted by Crystiallic on August 13th, 2014 @ 3:22pm CDT
evasion OP's paint is a little too cartoon-ish, ah well, since this is like the only foreseeable chance to get a classic OP without paying extra, I'm 100% getting the pack.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Dinobots Unleashed Box Set (1599106)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 13th, 2014 @ 6:27pm CDT
I don't understand why people dislike the 5-pack. It's better (IMO) compared to the SDCC one, and it's cheaper than the Black Knight ones that Takara's releasing. Plus, we don't know if Takara we release a Black Knight Voyager Grimlock and Slog, or Black Knight Deluxes Slash, Snarl, and Strafe.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering