Transformers News: Official Images  - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack

Thursday, May 8th, 2014 4:24PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 41,448

The by now infamous Transformers Colombia Facebook page has uploaded another set of images of an upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction two-pack Evolution Toys'R'Us exclusive, this time featuring Bumblebee. The pack appears to include a repaint of the 2013 Generations Legends Bumblebee with a yellow repaint of the MechTech weapon that came with Dark of the Moon Deluxe Jolt, and a so far unseen Age of Extinction Deluxe, possibly the 2014 Camaro version of the character, with rotating blade like weapons. Check out the images mirrored below!

Credit(s): Transformers Colombia
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572346)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572347)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:That gun the Legends Bee has is the MechTech weapon that originally came with DOTM Deluxe Jolt.

I knew I recognised it! Thanks, edited with gallery links too. :D
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572348)
Posted by Poyguimogul on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:32pm CDT
I like less colorful BEE and his new GHAT!

The AOE BEE car mode looks like a model built by a drunkard.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572351)
Posted by necr0blivion on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:37pm CDT
What happened to movie Bumblebee's face?
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572353)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:42pm CDT
In the end of the video, you can see the Deluxe Lockdown looking at Hound!
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572354)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:46pm CDT
Funny how both Bumblebees have the same kind of cheatsy transformation.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572362)
Posted by ILL-Star on May 8th, 2014 @ 5:24pm CDT
The false chest doesn't bother me. It looks accurate so I'm happy. I really like the way the legs look.

I'm assuming that this is as good as seeing Stinger's deluxe robot mode as well.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572365)
Posted by craggy on May 8th, 2014 @ 5:28pm CDT
Master Of The Dark Arts Bumblebee?

can he be sold all over the US even with those pentagrams?
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572369)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on May 8th, 2014 @ 5:32pm CDT

Just me overthinking things...IGNORE ME!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572370)
Posted by Caelus on May 8th, 2014 @ 5:40pm CDT
I do not own Bumblebee/Blazemaster, but based on Megatron, Starscream, Swerve, and Cosmos, I do not believe the Legend's figures are gang molded with their targetmaster partners.

The mechtech weapons have been swapped all over the place to different figures, in DotM and since then. In DotM, I recall older figures, even, were released with newer MT weapons. So I don't think the mechtech weapons were gang-molded with anything either.

I'm less certain of the latter than the former, though.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572373)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 8th, 2014 @ 6:39pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:Once he's transformed correctly, Bumblebee should look like a pretty decent figure.

Actually that might be why Bumblebee has such an unconvincing robot mode, so that he can be easily re-shelled into the Pagani Huayra alt-mode of Stinger.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572378)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 8th, 2014 @ 7:03pm CDT
craggy wrote:Master Of The Dark Arts Bumblebee?

can he be sold all over the US even with those pentagrams?

Ouch! I can see Bumblebee's weapons being recalled because parents would think this is inappropriate for kids. Or there could be variants of the weapons?
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572379)
Posted by dragons on May 8th, 2014 @ 7:04pm CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Yuk, if that's this movie's Bumblebee count me out. They really shot themselves in the foot by making a design with no visible car parts.

Sounds bit shallow cant tell if he is decent figure or not by looking at him now bee looks good bit lazy looking not much diffence from previous bee movie with new paint detail on his chest and face
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572380)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 8th, 2014 @ 7:14pm CDT
man, this looks bad. it would not be so bad if it were not such a bad shell former. i could forgive it if something was done about that back kibble.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572385)
Posted by TimothyR on May 8th, 2014 @ 7:31pm CDT
such a terrible shell former.. i knew this was going to happen simply because of the new design of the robot.

it's such a shame that they totally screwed themselves for this entire toy line.

also..why doesn't hasbro understand that people like bumblebee's battle mask much more than they do his actual face. his battle mask in this movie is extremely cool, but no, we get the standard redundant bumblebee face.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572400)
Posted by swagitron on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:31pm CDT
His wannabe ninja stars look stupid. I wonder how stinger will turn out
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572410)
Posted by MagnusLabel on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:24pm CDT
Thanks for designing shellformers and shelf warmers.
I'm going for ROTF & DOTM Optimus.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572414)
Posted by Flashwave on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:41pm CDT
Anyone else seeing IDW Bee in that? Similar transformation, kibbke, rear end vehucle profile? No?[spoiler][/spoiler]
Alpha Weltall wrote:I was gonna ask what happened to all of the Blazemasters that's supposed to go with those Legends BBs but after reading that the gun is DOTM Jolts I think I have an answer, and more questions. Most of the time Targetmasters and Mechtech weapons are gang molded with their originally intended figures. Takara is releasing DOTM Jolts with new weapons so all the gang molded Mechtech weapons left over might be what they're using for these. Also Takara is releasing clear repaints of the first four legends Targetmasters so that's probably where this BB's Blazemasters went. But my new question is where did the legends Optimus Primes, Starscreams and Megatrons go? More repaints soon with new/no weapons?

Just me overthinking things...IGNORE ME!!!!!!!!

Dont hink thats the case, as a lot of Mechtech weapons gt tossed around and I don't think thats the case. Could be wrong. Also, when I think of gang molding, i tend to think that the majority of the plastics are shared. Crumplezone and Cyclinus, he Micromaster teams, etc. Being that Bee and Blazenaster are different colors, Different bases, not sure they are a single shared mold. Although we are getting Arms Micron Jolt, so you could be on to something.
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572419)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:49pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Ugh! This Deluxe Bumblebee is worse than Beast Machines Megatron Megabolt. It looks like an up-scaled version of a One-step Changer. I don't mind the Generations Bumblebee repaint.
craggy wrote:Master Of The Dark Arts Bumblebee?

can he be sold all over the US even with those pentagrams?

OMG!! The ignorance! It BURNS!!!!

Any parent mistaking those PENTACLE resembling items for satanic pentagrams (big freaking difference) deserves to have their ass beat for being so blatantly stupid AND procreating. And for the record, those resemble pentacles only in the vaguest sense.
FFS people...EDUCATE YOURSELVES! You're already on the internet, use it for good for once!

Now then... getting back to the main topic that I was going to be an ass about before I felt the need to make a detour: Isn't the whole concept of "Evolution" supposed to be about changing from one form to a higher form? 'Cause I'm not seeing it here in this two pack. Furthermore, I think they should stop screwing us over with these mini-figures packaged with the deluxe figures. The first Bumblebee Evolution pack that had Classics 'Bee with Deluxe Movie Bee was far superior and much less insulting than this meager offering. This isn't evolution on Hasbro's part, this is a massive step BACKWARDS! :HEADHURTS:
Re: Official Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evolution Two-Pack (1572437)
Posted by Rated X on May 8th, 2014 @ 11:11pm CDT
I want to lock Michael Bay inside a yellow camaro and dump it somewhere deep in the ocean. Enough with the damn Bumblebees !

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering