Transformers News: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor

Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 1:54PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 30,668

After yesterday's TFCC news, the official Transformers Facebook page now brings us the official Hasbro images of next year's Generations Deluxe Wave 3! Rattrap features an arm compartment reminiscent of his previous incarnation, and two see-through guns; Crosscut is a silver redeco of the Skids mold, with a new, red head; Tankor is a wholly new, chunky mold who also comes with a cannon type weapon. Will we see the latter two showing up in the IDW comics as well? In the meantime, check out the mirrored images below!

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536034)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 17th, 2013 @ 1:59pm CST

OMG RATTRAP HAS BOMBS! :KREMZEEK: Instantly bought. Easily the best Rattrap we ever got.

Now that I get to see the rest of the images in better quality, I can make some stuff out. More specifically, it looks as though Tankor's legs are capable of being extended. Which appear to not be extended correctly, giving him his stumpy look.

Also liking Crosscut's head. Vaguely reminds me of Victory Star Saber... :-?

No Nightbeat, still? That's pretty worrisome, but I bet we'll see him in the next wave, if there is one. :PRAY:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536035)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 17th, 2013 @ 2:00pm CST
Crosscut is silver, not white.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536037)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 17th, 2013 @ 2:01pm CST

:APPLAUSE:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536039)
Posted by Dr Va'al on December 17th, 2013 @ 2:02pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:Crosscut is silver, not white.

Quite right you are. Updated!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536040)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 17th, 2013 @ 2:04pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Huh, Rattrap's little bombs are new... they didn't appear in the magazine. But anyway...

OMG RATTRAP HAS BOMBS! :KREMZEEK:

What bombs? I see a set of binoculars and two guns.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536043)
Posted by Burn on December 17th, 2013 @ 2:09pm CST
I liked the Tankor character, even though he was Beast Machines, I liked the character.

I liked the original toy, so much so I used the mold as a basis for one of my own kitbashes.

But this Tankor? No. Looks cheap, tacky, over-simplified and like they just didn't try at all.

Crosscut is very nice, as is Rattrap. But Tankor ... so very disappointed.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536045)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 17th, 2013 @ 2:17pm CST
Crosscut - Looks cool enough, but did this guy do anything besides die?
Rattrap - Still don't like the translucent weapons, but everything else still checks out for the most part. Rat mode could be a bit less toothy.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536046)
Posted by ScottyP on December 17th, 2013 @ 2:21pm CST

Hats off on that one. Even if it isn't for you, move on and appreciate that it isn't just another version of a character that we've seen 50 times like Bumblebee.

Edit: Just saw this:

Shadowstream wrote:
Crosscut - Looks cool enough, but did this guy do anything besides die?

Barber says in the Dark Cybertron #1 Deluxe edition that Crosscut will make his first appearance in Dark Cybertron #7, which is RiD 25 I think? He'll have a role in the comics, even if it's a bit part.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536049)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 17th, 2013 @ 2:33pm CST
Tankor looks really good from those images. He looks show-accurate in the molded detail, plus he should be larger than the original show-accurate Tank Drone (which was Scout-sized). Crosscut is a nice expected surprise, let's hope he doesn't suffer from Skids' misassembly problem. Rattrap... now he's the chopperface :lol:

*EDIT* I could so see FunPub using Skids and Crosscut as... the Quantum Operatives Skids and [strike]Mudflap[/strike]Screech ;)
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536050)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 17th, 2013 @ 2:33pm CST
I could see that Rattrap's arm opened in previous pics, but I never did notice the bomb. I hope they paint that and the guns, otherwise it just looks weird. In all, very excited for that figure.

Crosscut looks very nice. I want Skids because he's a cool character, but I want Crosscut because he looks so damn cool. Decisions, decisions.

And Tankor...I don't hate him. I think that they would have better served him by making him a Voyager class, but whatever. If I see him on clearance, I might just make a Centurion Drone out of him.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536055)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 17th, 2013 @ 2:55pm CST
Rattrap and Tankor look fantastic.

Crosscut looks mediocre, and I'm willing to bet he'll look worse in-hand. After getting and being disappointed by Skids, I am unfortunately staying as far away as possible from that mold. :roll:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536057)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 17th, 2013 @ 3:08pm CST
Rattrap is near perfect, Tankor is pretty good, but could have been better at Voyager scale.
GuyIncognito wrote:

OMG RATTRAP HAS BOMBS! :KREMZEEK:

What bombs? I see a set of binoculars and two guns.

The Binoculars as you call them are actually one of his bombs he stores in his wrists. But I have to admit, it does kinda look like a set of binoculars.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536062)
Posted by Mkall on December 17th, 2013 @ 4:09pm CST
I don't get the Tankor hate, he's about as show-accurate as a deluxe can get.

Either way, all three of these are bought on sight!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536063)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on December 17th, 2013 @ 4:13pm CST
Shadowstream wrote:Tankor - Small, thin armed, and basic as all hell. Who thought this was a good idea?

I think this could describe the Armada Starscream as well that nearly everyone is falling over about.

Still, I enjoy all three of these and will be responding appropriately with my wallet.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536069)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 17th, 2013 @ 4:57pm CST
Rattrap looks great. Wish his rat head was more like an actual rat's, and I don't get why he has clear weapons, but overall he's great. Love the bombs in the arms, and the fact that they're deployable and not just sculpted in.

Tankor... I really want to like him, but he's just so slightly off I don't like him all that much. His arms are too scrawny, and his cannon is just weird looking, and I'm really not fond of how the entire front of his body is basically a facade which doesn't do the tank mode any favors (which somehow manages to look less interesting than the show model). And of course he's at least one size class too small. Bah.
While not a con against the toy, not making the missile resemble the Key to Vector Sigma is a missed opportunity.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536073)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on December 17th, 2013 @ 5:15pm CST
I really don't like that Tankor, the scout one from a decade ago looks more like the show model. This one sucks. Also why Crosscut? That seems more like a club exclusive. There must have been some better mass retail redeco to do
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536075)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on December 17th, 2013 @ 5:19pm CST
Rattrap really looks amazing. :D He's pretty show accurate aside from a few differences. I wish his rat head didn't look so feral.

Crosscut's deco is pretty sweet to look at. Hope he's actually coloured like that.

As for tankor I don't really mind him. Yeah he's not perfect and yes his cannon's not shaped right along with his arms and tank mode not ebign thick enough but other then that he's pretty spot on to his CGI model in BM.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536078)
Posted by dragons on December 17th, 2013 @ 5:29pm CST
Mkall wrote:I don't get the Tankor hate, he's about as show-accurate as a deluxe can get.

Either way, all three of these are bought on sight!

Tankor is deluxe hes show acuuate I admit maybe its transformation from to toy looks legend size to me
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536081)
Posted by megatronus on December 17th, 2013 @ 5:41pm CST
Rattrap & Crosscut: instabuy. They both look super cool - not to mention fun.

I understand where the all the Tankor love comes from, but the jury's out for me. He seems just slightly off to me in robot mode, and after looking at the pics for a minute, I think it's because the legs are too short. The way the proportions are now, he looks rather... dwarfish. If the legs were slightly longer, I think the bulk would add a sense of menace. Right now, he just looks silly.

Also, just because I think he looks a bit silly, doesn't I mean I don't commend Hasbro for show accuracy:

Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Wave 3 - Rattrap, Crosscut, Tankor (1536082)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 17th, 2013 @ 5:43pm CST
ScottyP wrote:When the club mentioned at Botcon that there were things they wanted to do that Hasbro was doing, and that they were surprised by a lot of it, Crosscut had to be one of those things. He oozes obscurity, and almost certainly has no mainstream appeal. That said, it's fantastic to be getting this as a $13 mass retail toy. If you'd told me a year ago that a deluxe Crosscut would be coming out, I'd have bet good money that it would've been a $60+ club or convention exclusive.

So, FunPub probably had the rug pulled out from under their Crosscut plans, huh? Well, if they're reading this, and really want to do a repaint of something from this wave (other than the obvious Packrat), I'll just say it again:

Repaint Tankor into minty-green G2 Cybertronian army colors! Make up whatever name you want for him; no one in that faction lower-ranking than Mindset ever had a name, right? And once you're done with the deluxe Prime Megatron mold, repaint the voyager Megs into Jhiaxus and give the new Cybertankians a commander! Now them's exclusives I'll pay $60 a pop or more for!

And for the record, this Crosscut was first established in his e-Hobby bio 11 years ago as the ambassador paving the way for Autobot City's construction, so Hasbro doing him also raises the possibility of Turbo Tracks's mold being dusted off to make his bodyguard Road Rage, right? Since the BotCon red Tracks was SG Tracks, it wouldn't be double-dipping as much as welcome unrepurposing for Road Rage fans, yes?

And yes, I'm tempted to buy a second Rattrap so I can try and slice them fangs off...

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers G1 Reissue Ultra Magnus Mint New in Box - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 14 minutes 40 seconds
R0505221 MEGATRON BEAST WARS TRANSMETALS 2 TRANSFORMERS MINT IN SEALED BOX MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 30 minutes 31 seconds
2016 TOMY TakaraTomy Transformers LG24 Shockwave & Cancer Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 42 seconds
Vintage Reissue Transformers G1 Dinobot SNARL MIB 100% New Complete ARRIVAL Hot - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 18 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers AOE 4 Platinum Dinobots Unleashed SLOG SLUG STRAFE SCORN GRIMLOCK - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 34 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers G1 JETFIRE ARMOR & GUN lot - DAMAGED - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 37 minutes 42 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DOTM CV03 TAKARA TOMY STARSCREAM ORBITAL ASSAULT CARRIER - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 58 minutes 25 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS TFC 13 BOOK COLLECTION HOT RODIMUS G1 - Time Remaining: 11 days 17 hours 28 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed