Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper

Transformers News: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper

Friday, May 10th, 2013 12:30AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,817

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Hasbro has released a new set of official images for their upcoming Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex figure. These images reveal the massive figure in all his non-photoshoped glory, as we see actual production versions of both Metroplex and Scamper. Check out the images mirrored below, courtesy of TFW2005 user juise.

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Images

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Images

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Images

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Images

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Images

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Images
Credit(s): TFW2005 user juise
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485963)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 10th, 2013 @ 12:34am CDT
Hmm, I count 3 guns. Takara, you lying bastards. You said Hasbro's version would only have one.

Shame on you Takara. Shame.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485964)
Posted by Mkall on May 10th, 2013 @ 12:41am CDT
The toy's great to be sure, but 5 years from now that kid could do appearances at Botcon and ride this fame for the next 15 years.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485965)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 10th, 2013 @ 12:41am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Hmm, I count 3 guns. Takara, you lying bastards. You said Hasbro's version would only have one.

Shame on you Takara. Shame.

I think they might have been referring to the red guns.

Hot damn, this looks sweet. Its also kind of annoying coz its perfect for cyberverse/legends/whatever not-deluxes, and that's a good reason to grab more of that scale... even though I hate that scale coz it isn't as good as deluxe. #-o
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485967)
Posted by g1grimlock on May 10th, 2013 @ 12:58am CDT
THANK YOU PRIMUS! This toy looks amazing!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485971)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 10th, 2013 @ 1:07am CDT
Wow x2, are you kidding me. I cant even believe I had second thoughts about getting this guy but it has articulation. Im about 75% convinced to buy it. I just hope they make less than 10 repaints and exclusives.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485974)
Posted by Henry921 on May 10th, 2013 @ 1:27am CDT
Light up feature... maybe some audio in there too?

If this thing actually says "Metroplex heeds the call of the last Prime" I swear I'll buy 3 of him.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485977)
Posted by wewyllenium on May 10th, 2013 @ 1:41am CDT
Hands still do not hide away. The head transformation looks week. Lots of stickers. I sure hope this would not disappointing. The Thrilling 30th had a great start with Springer and Blitzwing.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485982)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 10th, 2013 @ 2:11am CDT
I was already going to get Metroplex anyway, but after seeing these pictures, I'm speechless, save for two words.

1. Holy
2. S**t.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485987)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 10th, 2013 @ 2:26am CDT
Absolutely ridiculous. Just how I like it.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485988)
Posted by RhA on May 10th, 2013 @ 2:27am CDT
Sold.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485992)
Posted by Mechastrike on May 10th, 2013 @ 3:14am CDT
it's still that damn BIG! too bad my wallet says "NO!".
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485996)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 10th, 2013 @ 3:48am CDT
Aaaww hell naw! Damn man...

My wallet screams in so much pain.

My niece ain't that big!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1485997)
Posted by Mykltron on May 10th, 2013 @ 4:07am CDT
Keep it. It's big, yeah, but that won't keep me amused for long. The whole design is lazy.

His thighs don't slide inside the lower legs and yet still they give him knee joints so high up he can't kneel comfortably.

"What shall we do with the hands? Ah, we'll just fold them up. Never mind hiding them inside the forearms or anything, even though there's nothing in them."
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486003)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on May 10th, 2013 @ 4:26am CDT
Hmmm. his hips look like sewn on patches, and some of the other textures look pretty random. I guess it's hard to detail a sculpt of this size. Overall, he looks a bit plain and oddly proportioned. Plus he's just too damn big. I would have bought him if he was the same height (or thereabouts) as YOTS Omega Supreme.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486009)
Posted by wewyllenium on May 10th, 2013 @ 5:04am CDT
Mykltron wrote:Keep it. It's big, yeah, but that won't keep me amused for long. The whole design is lazy.

His thighs don't slide inside the lower legs and yet still they give him knee joints so high up he can't kneel comfortably.

"What shall we do with the hands? Ah, we'll just fold them up. Never mind hiding them inside the forearms or anything, even though there's nothing in them."


I Agree. Such a lazy release. For something this big and modern, it doesn't even have an ankle tilt. Dynamic posing this big toy would look awkward.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486012)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 10th, 2013 @ 5:17am CDT
Is that kid included?

Seriously,
DO WANT!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486017)
Posted by Cybertronus on May 10th, 2013 @ 5:46am CDT
I only have 5 words for this figure. LEGEN... wait for it... DARY!! :APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486018)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 10th, 2013 @ 5:58am CDT
...Pardon me fellas, I'm going to go sell off any uneccessary organs. Anyone want to join?
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486020)
Posted by noctorro on May 10th, 2013 @ 6:10am CDT
wewyllenium wrote:Hands still do not hide away. The head transformation looks week. Lots of stickers. I sure hope this would not disappointing. The Thrilling 30th had a great start with Springer and Blitzwing.



Dude, alcohol, it helps the cynisism and negative view of all things amazing.
Drink a lot, you'll start to see the Matrix again.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486024)
Posted by Sabrewing on May 10th, 2013 @ 6:36am CDT
He's big, but that base mode: NOT impressed.

This had better be an imperfect transformation.

Hasbro all over: It's great, but it is not as good as it could be with a little extra effort.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486027)
Posted by joevill on May 10th, 2013 @ 7:21am CDT
It's so big!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486029)
Posted by AutoBorst on May 10th, 2013 @ 7:33am CDT
Very impressive but too bad I probably couldn't afford one. Have they said what the MSRP on this beast will be yet? I'm guessing $150.00.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486034)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 10th, 2013 @ 7:37am CDT
AutoBorst wrote:Very impressive but too bad I probably couldn't afford one. Have they said what the MSRP on this beast will be yet? I'm guessing $150.00.


According to some Canadian (eh) Toys "R" Us computer, Metroplex will be around the $99 price point. So about the same price as MP10.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486040)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 10th, 2013 @ 7:53am CDT
Remember "My Buddy"? "My buddy and me like to climb up a tree..." It would be funny to see video of a kid climbing a tree with this thing, reading a book to it in his treehouse, sleeping with it at night, etc., set to the My Buddy song from the commercial.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486052)
Posted by Rated X on May 10th, 2013 @ 8:33am CDT
I want him !!! And I don't give a rats ass about the hands in base mode or no 2nd red gun ! It's freakin Metroplex !!! It's a Hasbro toy priced between $99.00-125.00. It's not like it's selling at Hercules, Giant, or Genesis prices. Take that into consideration.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486053)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on May 10th, 2013 @ 8:36am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Aaaww hell naw! Damn man...

My wallet screams in so much pain.

My niece ain't that big!


Dude, you almost had a Haiku there but for the extra syllable in the middle line, :lol: !

This is bought on sight

I'm already making room

Second mortgage time
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486054)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 10th, 2013 @ 8:39am CDT
my boss might as well be making my pay checks out to hasbro. i dont want money. hasbro can have it all. this is going to be the best Tf of the year easy.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486062)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:09am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:...Metroplex will be around the $99 price point. So about the same price as MP10.


I wonder if — like MP10 — I will never see him in stores, or since. :???:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486064)
Posted by Overloaded on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:10am CDT
I so want him but he will cost a fortune to ship him
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486065)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:12am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:...Metroplex will be around the $99 price point. So about the same price as MP10.


I wonder if — like MP10 — I will never see him in stores, or since. :???:


Shh! Don't jinx it!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486068)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:15am CDT
I don't think this will be as hard to find as MP-10 considering it's not a store exclusive.

Also, I want a white/gray repaint of legends Warpath as Slammer! That would be awesome!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486069)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:19am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Also, I want a white/gray repaint of legends Warpath as Slammer! That would be awesome!


Genius idea is genius! Get on it, Hasbro. >:oP
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486070)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:19am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Also, I want a white/gray repaint of legends Warpath as Slammer! That would be awesome!


Now why didn't I think of that? Hasbro, you listening?!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486073)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:20am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Also, I want a white/gray repaint of legends Warpath as Slammer! That would be awesome!


Now why didn't I think of that? Hasbro, you listening?!


Because you weren't sitting at your desk with Legends Warpath in your hand looking at pictures of Metroplex? :grin: :grin:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486075)
Posted by mooncake623 on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
I want to see it in an action pose. nothing crazy

looks amazing though.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486077)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:34am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Also, I want a white/gray repaint of legends Warpath as Slammer! That would be awesome!


Now why didn't I think of that? Hasbro, you listening?!


Because you weren't sitting at your desk with Legends Warpath in your hand looking at pictures of Metroplex? :grin: :grin:


I don't even have Legends Warpath, or Sparkcrusher. :lol:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486083)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:48am CDT
To be honest, in spite of this toy's awesomeness, after recently having finally gotten the Holy Grail that is Fortress Maximus, I kinda feel less enthusiastic about this Metroplex.

Henry921 wrote:Light up feature... maybe some audio in there too?

If this thing actually says "Metroplex heeds the call of the last Prime" I swear I'll buy 3 of him.
It does.

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Also, I want a white/gray repaint of legends Warpath as Slammer! That would be awesome!
Or of Legends G2 Megatron. Or of the upcoming Legends "Megatron Origin" Megatron. ;)
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486084)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 10th, 2013 @ 9:48am CDT
Where was deluxe Sparkcrusher, anyway!? maybe while they have the mold out making scamper, they can throw us a bone with that one, too.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486092)
Posted by Sabrewing on May 10th, 2013 @ 10:40am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:To be honest, in spite of this toy's awesomeness, after recently having finally gotten the Holy Grail that is Fortress Maximus, I kinda feel less enthusiastic about this Metroplex.


This guy has hands.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486095)
Posted by RAcast on May 10th, 2013 @ 10:44am CDT
Sabrewing wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:To be honest, in spite of this toy's awesomeness, after recently having finally gotten the Holy Grail that is Fortress Maximus, I kinda feel less enthusiastic about this Metroplex.


This guy has hands.

So does G1 Fort Max. XD
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486098)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on May 10th, 2013 @ 10:52am CDT
This dude looks bigger dan my 1yo son :DANCE: fu#*ing cool hes gonna stand out being displayed in my autobot side now i wonder witch decepticon should i get to balance them out :-?
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486099)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 10th, 2013 @ 10:55am CDT
DEMEXICONZ wrote:This dude looks bigger dan my 1yo son :DANCE: fu#*ing cool hes gonna stand out being displayed in my autobot side now i wonder witch decepticon should i get to balance them out :-?


Most of my money is on Trypticon, but I'll hold a little out for a brand new mold of Scorponok.

It would be really sweet if they retool this into Fortress Maximus, complete with a Headmaster in a Headmaster. :KREMZEEK:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486101)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 10th, 2013 @ 11:09am CDT
Yeah, since their transformation is similar, I'd go with a heavy-retool as Fort Max! Or a completely new mold. Either one. Just do it!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486103)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2013 @ 11:36am CDT
For a Metrotitan redeco, am I the only one who would want it to include four Minotorons/Buffalo Dumps with it? They could even be nontransforming RPMs/Street Stars, if they wanted.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486106)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 10th, 2013 @ 11:46am CDT
Wow! Awesomely obscure. Props.

Got any pics of them besides BuffaloDump? (That Name!)
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486109)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2013 @ 11:53am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Wow! Awesomely obscure. Props.

Got any pics of them besides BuffaloDump? (That Name!)
Driving atop a platform on Metrotitan's city mode itself (there's a ramp they came down from in the background):

Image
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486111)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 10th, 2013 @ 11:55am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:Wow! Awesomely obscure. Props.

Got any pics of them besides BuffaloDump? (That Name!)
Driving atop a platform on Metrotitan's city mode itself (there's a ramp they came down from in the background):

Image


Good God, are those things adorable!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486112)
Posted by AutoBorst on May 10th, 2013 @ 11:56am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, since their transformation is similar, I'd go with a heavy-retool as Fort Max! Or a completely new mold. Either one. Just do it!


Where's the fun in that? I want scale accuracy. FortMax should be 10-feet tall and includes a Headmaster helmet that can be really worn by the fan who wiped out their entire life savings to buy it.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486114)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 10th, 2013 @ 11:57am CDT
Well, if there were EVER a time to release these wild hybrid beast vehicles... it's now! If they let this moment pass, they'll probably never get a better chance.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper (1486115)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 10th, 2013 @ 11:59am CDT
AutoBorst wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, since their transformation is similar, I'd go with a heavy-retool as Fort Max! Or a completely new mold. Either one. Just do it!


Where's the fun in that? I want scale accuracy. FortMax should be 10-feet tall and includes a Headmaster helmet that can be really worn by the fan who wiped out their entire life savings to buy it.


Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't city Transformers kinda the same size in the original cartoon? I know there were massive differences toy-wise, but what does the fiction say?

Click here to view an additional 37 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014